(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 100.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I Think for some they are buying something different like Godzilla and now don’t have the funds for ultraman so would rather take a hit than try to get another 7k from somewhere and have to try to sell once it arrives

It’s a lot of game for $7k …. It’s not different like a Stern Premium to a Pro, major things on the games change.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

It’s a lot of game for $7k …. It’s not different like a Stern Premium to a Pro, major things on the games change.

Yeah, I have a standard and I’m keeping it. I’m not concerned but I also have time. If my number was coming up soon I would be struggling with getting GZ and CCr on order but I planned for mine to be in q3 next year or later

#153 2 years ago

I don't think many people are selling because Ultraman is bad. It's not. There are two main factors. First, there are just a lot of good games coming out. Second, many people bought the games with the plan to flip them. They saw what happened with Rick & Morty and didn't want to miss out. Personally, I think Ultraman shoots better then Rick & Morty. The call outs and theme of Rick & Morty are amazing though.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

First, there are just a lot of good games coming out

I’ve never seen so many good games and themes all at once. I wanted to buy 4 games NIB now!! I agree that’s a pretty significant factor. I bought Ultraman first, so the other three just have to wait. But for those with fomo and seeing the glam and then hearing people complaining about UM code and seeing prices drop…pretty easy to get persuaded to jump and grab something being delivered sooner.

#155 2 years ago

Grab the discounted ones. We all know it's gonna be a 12k game by the time they deliver the last ones.

#156 2 years ago

Yeah, I do think Elwin is rocking it at Stern. If it wasn't for him they would be really hurting after losing Lyman. I think any company Elwin works at would be pumping out great games. You also have Chicago Gaming doing there thing and remaking Cactus Canyon...perhaps with new code from Layman. So much great pinball. That said, Ultraman is a great game too.

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

On point! There is way more game here at $6995 than a Stern Pro, which are now nearly the same price at $6,699. The extra $2k us CE owners are paying is for cosmetic additions. Ultraman is a great value and at a limited number of 500, is only going to gain equity, after Spooky brings the code to a top notch level. Spooky will do this so future game sales won’t suffer. They want to make us happy with our purchases.

#158 2 years ago

Hey Spooky

Could you post on your website the rubber sizes used in the game?

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

Hey Spooky
Could you post on your website the rubber sizes used in the game?

I will make up a lost this week! We changed a couple around after we started because of some tight areas.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

On point! There is way more game here at $6995 than a Stern Pro, which are now nearly the same price at $6,699. The extra $2k us CE owners are paying is for cosmetic additions. Ultraman is a great value and at a limited 500 is only going to gain equity, after Spooky brings the code to a top notch level. Spooky will do this so future game sales won’t suffer. They want to make us happy with our purchases.

I would like to point out how correct this is! Obviously for our company the best thing we can do is have satisfied customers. The biggest thing we can do to keep our customers happy is make sure this code becomes great over the course of the build. It's the obvious top priority! Believe me it weighs heavy on us.

I would also like to point out our standard is $6,995 and you get the full playfield features. Not a single mech taken away. The $8,995 collectors is a fantastic deal in my opinion when you consider the amount of options we include in that deal.

Overall I would just like to say we are really getting a great head start on our next release. Farther ahead by 6 months than we ever have been. The LAST thing I would ever want to see happen is to let our HW UM customers down and tarnish all the good things we have coming in the future. We want good build quality all the way through and excellent code period.

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Overall I would just like to say we are really getting a great head start on our next release. Farther ahead by 6 months than we ever have been.

Ouch, little early for this line!!

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Ouch, little early for this line!!

Just pointing out we are making an effort to get farther ahead on code before releases. That is all.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Just pointing out we are making an effort to get farther ahead on code before releases. That is all.

He's a Troll, Luke.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

He's a Troll, Luke.

Actually still a customer.. And I have every right to a opinion.. ThX

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Actually still a customer.. And I have every right to a opinion.. ThX

Thought you sold your spot for $1k.
<cough cough> bullshit <cough cough>

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Thought you sold your spot for $1k.
<cough cough> bullshit <cough cough>

Sale pending. We will see.

#167 2 years ago

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Sale pending. We will see.

Yes we will see Kaneda.

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yes we will see Kaneda.

I think he's living in your guys' heads. Let's be logical for a moment, somehow I doubt that Kaneda is selling his #500 game, for a thousand dollar loss, when it still won't even be built for another year. LOL! Doesn't really make much sense. Conspiracies abound around here.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I think he's living in your guys' heads. Let's be logical for a moment, somehow I doubt that Kaneda is selling his #500 game, for a thousand dollar loss, when it still won't even be built for another year. LOL! Doesn't really make much sense. Conspiracies abound around here.

More cannon fodder for a podcast is what this is all about. Sensationalism is the name of his game.

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"473e664c2bfd433318cbe66e885469a13ecf9f7a-1638019359-1800"};
//]]>

He’s lying about selling his game. It’s all a ruse. What number game is he by the way? I just looked at his pending ad and he doesn’t mention it. Hey look, he changed his profile pic to match SpookyLuke…that totally is not something Kaneda would do. I mean I guess it could not be him. All he has to do is say I’m not Kaneda. Pretty simple, no?

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

More cannon fodder for a podcast is what this is all about. Sensationalism is the name of his game.

This pinhead has no time for stupid kiddie show. Never listened, never will. Rather listen to the sound of gas escaping my asshole than some random guy talk pinball. To bad he didn't get an early # I'd trade him my godzilla premium for it.

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

he changed his profile pic to match SpookyLuke…that totally is not something Kaneda would do. I mean I guess it could not be him. All he has to do is say I’m not Kaneda. Pretty simple, no?

lol. Clearly you don't know the history of the guy if you'd say this.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

He’s lying about selling his game. It’s all a ruse. What number game is he by the way? I just looked at his pending ad and he doesn’t mention it. Hey look, he changed his profile pic to match SpookyLuke…that totally is not something Kaneda would do. I mean I guess it could not be him. All he has to do is say I’m not Kaneda. Pretty simple, no?

I'm pretty sure neither Mr. Big Balls nor Kaneda owe you anything. You aren't entitled to their time or to an explanation if they don't feel like giving one. And Kaneda all ready did say it wasn't him on air, so I'm not really sure what you are fishing for?

Besides, game spots were selling for cheap way before this $1000 ad came up.

#175 2 years ago

To be honest. If I had know Godzilla was going to be released and I could already have my premium home and playing it, i would not have ordered Ultraman. Which is only#89 but this doesn’t help when In Australia, as we have to wait for them all to be done and shipped or something along those lines even when we have arranged our own transport. Godzilla is already here.
I would much prefer to have a game and playing it than having to wait months and months on end with no time line on when it will be done.
With that being said I cant afford both and have no intention of selling Ultraman. So I must frustratingly wait. But I can definitely see why people are wanting to bail and with code being not to good yet with bugs. I know it will become great.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

#66 officially reporting to the club. Beautiful looking game, looking forward to new shooter rod and updated code. Keep up the great work spooky team. On location for everyone to play just south of Cincinnati in N Kentucky. Ecstatic to learn signature is real. Amazing touch guys.
[quoted image]

#177 2 years ago
20211127_195501 (resized).jpg20211127_195501 (resized).jpg20211127_195505 (resized).jpg20211127_195505 (resized).jpg20211127_195755 (resized).jpg20211127_195755 (resized).jpg20211127_195759 (resized).jpg20211127_195759 (resized).jpg
#178 2 years ago

Hey can anyone tell me exactly how tall the ultraman pin is with topper? I my have a height issue, also some ideas on making it a little shorter by adjusting feet would be helpful. Obviously nothing that would damage the machine. Thanks

#179 2 years ago

4 pics of a poorly adjusted drop target.

What do I win?

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

What do I win?

This clown has it out for Spooky he just keeps posting this stuff even on the Spooky Fan Club. Seems to me you could just adjust that no?

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashleypinballs:

Hey can anyone tell me exactly how tall the ultraman pin is with topper? I my have a height issue, also some ideas on making it a little shorter by adjusting feet would be helpful. Obviously nothing that would damage the machine. Thanks

86.12538676"

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashleypinballs:

Hey can anyone tell me exactly how tall the ultraman pin is with topper? Thanks

86 inches + or -

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

What do I win?

Lol! This is getting good

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

This clown has it out for Spooky he just keeps posting this stuff even on the Spooky Fan Club. Seems to me you could just adjust that no?

In less time than it would take to snap 4 photos and post them on the interwebs...yes.

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

And I thought I had a lot of RayBans.

glad not only one to notice!!

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Seems to me you could just adjust that no?

I'd need at least one more angle to be sure, but I think so...

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

#66 officially reporting to the club. Beautiful looking game, looking forward to new shooter rod and updated code. Keep up the great work spooky team. On location for everyone to play just south of Cincinnati in N Kentucky. Ecstatic to learn signature is real. Amazing touch guys.
[quoted image]

I made it down today and played a few games on Ultraman. The naysayers for Ultraman are just haters, the game plays great!

Awesome collection here, I was very excited to play so many CE games! Anyone traveling nearby should stop to check it out.

Left knowing that I 100% want my CE Ultraman, and that I want in on the TNA 2.0 run (damn, that game is awesome!).

#188 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

In less time than it would take to snap 4 photos and post them on the interwebs...yes.

Super quick fix. Drop targets are held in place with some wing nuts. They probably vibrated loose during transit. Loosen, set the height, hand tighten, and give them a final squeeze with a pliers...problem fixed forever...for-ev-er.

forever-sandlot.gifforever-sandlot.gif

#189 2 years ago

I adjusted my lower right DT a week ago. You may have to bend the angle a little to keep the top of the DT flat. This insures the ball won't hang on theDT after adjustment.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Godzilla is already here.

There’s only a couple of air-freighted Pros here. Premiums won’t land here until early next year. But yes, likely to be before UM.

But these delays are par the course at the moment. I recently unboxed a Mandalorian LE which arrived well after I paid for GZle. In fact the Mando LE’s arrived after Mando Premiums landed.

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:He’s lying about selling his game. It’s all a ruse. What number game is he by the way? I just looked at his pending ad and he doesn’t mention it. Hey look, he changed his profile pic to match SpookyLuke…that totally is not something Kaneda would do. I mean I guess it could not be him. All he has to do is say I’m not Kaneda. Pretty simple, no?

Feeling refreshed after the Pinside 24 hour thread eject.

Government name has a K in it. My Ultraman number has the #5 in it.

As far as my sale pending goes the buyer backed out so I might keep it.

You asked .

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

You asked .

Yeah but you raised the price by $6 - so that’s a price increase…

Someone will get a heck of a deal - I understand what you decide either way it goes.

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Yeah but you raised the price by $6 - so that’s a price increase…
Someone will get a heck of a deal - I understand what you decide either way it goes.

I did it to keep it over 1k. I am not sure it matters but it looks good. Still for sale I am just not going to give it away.

Thx for understanding means a lot.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

You asked .

#195 2 years ago

So for what it is worth, I got to finally play UM this weekend on location. I have one on order in the early 300s and was wanting to figure out if it was really as bad as the current market is making it out to be (short answer is no). I was also fortunate, as I got to play a Godzilla LE and Mando LE back to back with UM. Here are my thoughts for any other UM people that have one on order, but have not been able to play the game yet. Full disclosure, I historically enjoy Spooky games, as I owned a TNA for 2.5 years and currently still own my R&M (great game). With that being said, I have honestly been pretty annoyed at the situation in the past couple months of seeing how "rough" the state of the game is in and the lack of gameplay information I had before I had to put down a non-refundable deposit. I never bought the game to flip, but rather just wanted an enjoyable kaiju-related game with good theme integration similar to R&M or ACNC. For me, this is a make or break moment for Spooky as a customer. If they cannot deliver a really fun and engaging game like TNA or R&M, I simply won't be pre-ordering with them again regardless of future themes due to the speculative nature of it.

Pros: The game is visually stunning. Out of maybe 20 games at the location, it easily was in the top 3 from a looks perspective. The playfield artwork, side blades, and lighting all pop. The LED strips on the upper playfields are not distracting from the player's perspective and add atmosphere to the playfield. I was worried about this, as they are pretty visible on stream. The shots are smooth and pretty satisfying. The layout is unique and feels different in a good way. I was worried about how the upper playfields would feel, but the middle playfield felt good and I always felt like I had shot variety. I think something was wrong with the upper playfield entrance on the game I played, as I never ended up getting to it--lots of rejects from that ramp when I expected to get up there. The music is also excellent--it sets the right mood for the theme.

Cons: The code is super bare bones. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but in current form there is little to no instructions to the player on what to hit, or general strategy throughout the game. I had researched the rules before going to know what to do, but it was still a challenge sometimes. There is no risk versus reward present in the current code or cumulative feeling of progression. There are extremely few callouts and virtually no feedback or audible reward directed to the player. The subway to ball risers are a miss for me. From a positive side, they create very controllable situations to make shots, but they take forever. I think I counted about a 6-7 second delay between hitting the ball into a subway and the release of the ball into the inlane. Instead of creating a positive effect of "where did the ball go", within a few games it created a mini-cringe of "c'mon not again". Honestly, I don't think they can do much to fix it at this point, as it doesn't seem like the R&M staging would work. Finally, very little of the series is effectively integrated into the game in the current code. I didn't notice many show scenes other than UM flipping monsters. There are a ton of funny (intentional or not) parts to the series. These are not currently cultivated.

Summary: As everyone has said, layout cannot be changed, but code can. Playing the game is, at a base level, fun and seems promising. Honestly, I found myself choosing to play UM more games than Godzilla. I went into playing this weekend trying to figure out if I would sell my spot to get a Godzilla. At this point, I intend to keep my UM spot, as I like the theme and the general campy vibe feels good to me. I have faith that Charlie would not let a personal theme fall short from an integration standpoint. With that being said, I have seen a few people say this game isn't that bad where it currently sits code/rules wise. This simply is not true. It is very rough. It needs substantial consideration to incorporate risk versus reward elements, additive progression, and world building. These are fundamental pinball elements that keep players coming back for more. The game also needs MANY more callouts. Reactions to monsters, instructions to the player, and general world-building commentary is needed to be immersive. Right now, it is very sterile outside of the music. The game also has long ball times due to a forgiving layout, controllable shots due to the riser system, and deep shots. I don't mind this, but long playing games need DEEP rulesets. I want to feel like I am going on a journey or get to build an experience that differs slightly each time.

Suggestions: Lean into the time period, Japanese atmosphere, campy and funny nature of the show in the callouts, and consider mini-modes that focus on these elements similar to what Dialed In did with the Crazy Bob modes (lottery, emoji, etc). Since the ball is very controllable, you should consider integration of hurry-ups and mode-completion benefits or shot multipliers to add a sense of urgency, build-up, or importance of completing a task. Beating monsters should feel desirable and distinct between them. Right now, it just feels very rinse and repeat. A mode completion hurry up ala Alice Cooper in one of the left side holes for quick big points seems logical since they are not easy shots. Thought should be given to do something to entertain the player while waiting for the ball to come up in the riser during single ball play so it doesn't feel like wasted time. Maybe some sort of quick flipper controlled mini game like avoiding monster attacks for points, item collection like pizza slices on TMNT, or minor reward like the Indy 500 flip-through awards. Finally, always give me something to do on each of the upper playfields every time I get up there no matter the game state. Specifically, some interesting rule or effect needs to be integrated when hitting the ball into the shooter lane from the middle playfield. This is another stop and go moment in the game. Embrace it through some sort of effect or rule.

Overall, it seems like the Spooky team has indicated there is a lot more to be developed. I am cautiously optimistic and am looking forward to seeing what this game morphs into.

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Just over from the hype thread. I've currently got UM CE #258 and CE #350 on order, but looking to move the 350, since I don't need two.

Just noticed this. I’ve got #258. Can you check your number again.

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainHendry:

Just noticed this. I’ve got #258. Can you check your number again.

Ah yes, I meant 259. I guess I fat-fingered it!

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Ah yes, I meant 259. I guess I fat-fingered it!

Figured it was something like that. Anyway, we're neighbors. I've been trying to guess when this will be coming up and I'm thinking May. Does that sound possible?

#199 2 years ago

Anyone with a CE through KingPin that has #350 or later want to move up to #214? Should just be a name swap.

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixxin:

So for what it is worth...

I don't agree with everything you said, but I agree that hurry-ups are needed. My only hesitation was it feeling like it's stealing from Deadpool, but they really needs that "final blow" to rewards the player for defeating the kaiju. Not shooting the correct shots should also trigger more negative consequences when fighting the Kaiju: building being destroyed, people screaming, scores decreasing, etc. I would also agree with more Japanese touches. Even just some new fonts could go a long way. I mocked this up for Zumbolar.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/4?hl=stf_dnx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.