(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 100.
#2401 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I remember posting something like this right after getting my game. Then I learned it works great til the backstop bends back, then nothing goes in the hole. You have to keep bending the deflector back down every couple dozen games

Gotcha. I'll keep an eye on it. Metal fatigue..that thing will eventually just snap if we have to keep bending it. Wonder why it's any different than say the ones used on Space Shuttle....makes me wonder if all the ones currently being made as replacement parts are just of a lesser quality.

Quoted from Oaken:

Check the little black box (amp) in the bottom of the cabinet. Turn down the master volume a bunch and boom, the hissing disappears.[quoted image]

Groovy. Thanks! Gussing this will fix my "minimum volume" issue as well!

#2402 1 year ago

Also, my cat claimed the game before we could even get legs on it...

20220624_122937 (resized).jpg20220624_122937 (resized).jpg
#2403 1 year ago

This may or may not be weird, but I've found that the way I grab the shooter handle changes the strength of the plunge. I am not used to using non-standard shooter handles. I found that if I grab the handle by the base of the beta capsule, I get a more "traditional" feeling plunge.

Quoted from Frax:

The plunger is....very insufficient.

#2404 1 year ago

UMCE #291 checking in!

Got it yesterday, first time ordering from nitro pinball.

This is my Second spooky pin!
I love this machine, the shots, the layout, THE FLOW!... Spooky did it again!
Bug and team have done an amazing job, This game is going to be a classic.

Being a big Ultraman fan, This pin checks all the boxes... and the art is on another level.

Now I'm wondering if we're going to see Five Ultra brothers?

#2405 1 year ago
Quoted from kingau:

UMCE #291 checking in!
Got it yesterday, first time ordering from nitro pinball.
This is my Second spooky pin!
I love this machine, the shots, the layout, THE FLOW!... Spooky did it again!
Bug and team have done an amazing job, This game is going to be a classic.
Being a big Ultraman fan, This pin checks all the boxes... and the art is on another level.
Now I'm wondering if we're going to see Five Ultra brothers?

Butter?

RaM has two brothers, so five for UM would be funny!

#2406 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

plunger - Not sure if it's off center or the spring is just too weak, but

It’s possible for plungers to move in transport (or of course not have been set up 100%)

Have a look at how the rubber tip is hitting the ball. It should hit it smack in the centre. Too low, the ball will get airbourne a little, too high it forces it downwards - left or right it’ll smack it into the guide rails. Wants to be spot on in the centre. Make sure it’s not hitting the forks of the auto plunger.

To adjust, undo the screws slightly on the plunger (inside of the cabinet) and you can move it around a little to square it up. Don’t scratch your butter.

When you’re happy with how it’s hitting the ball, tighten it all up and hopefully you’re set!

Re the sound - yes as the other poster said, just drop the master volume on the amp in the cabinet down a few notches.

rd

#2407 1 year ago

The first thing I would check is if the plunger is hitting the auto launcher. There is some left to right play in the positioning of the playfield, a quick slide one way or the other may fix your issue.

#2408 1 year ago

Deciding if I'm going to sell my UM or keep it. Played it for a while until I had an epic game. Almost cleaned out the modes, bought an extra ball and was loving it. Then... It gave me multiball for an unlit scoop on the left with unlimited ball save. This completely ruined the game

#2409 1 year ago

There's an ad for a NIB UMCE for $6700 just below your post... methinks you'll be keeping it for now.

Couple months will be the one year anniversary of HWN/UM release... it'd be nice to have stable code by then.

#2410 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Then... It gave me multiball for an unlit scoop on the left with unlimited ball save. This completely ruined the game

Well, the bugs will be worked out soon enough. I’m glad they are putting more content in (that is awesome long term)…but the code is a bit on the buggy side at the moment.

#2411 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Also, my cat claimed the game before we could even get legs on it...
[quoted image]

Well of course! Cats and butter…

#2412 1 year ago

It’s a known bug that is being addressed. Happened to me a few times on Halloween. I think these next updates will have the last few bugs worked out.

Quoted from metallik:

There's an ad for a NIB UMCE for $6700 just below your post... methinks you'll be keeping it for now.
Couple months will be the one year anniversary of HWN/UM release... it'd be nice to have stable code by then.

#2413 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

This may or may not be weird, but I've found that the way I grab the shooter handle changes the strength of the plunge. I am not used to using non-standard shooter handles. I found that if I grab the handle by the base of the beta capsule, I get a more "traditional" feeling plunge.

You're not wrong, but even so....it's *extremely* weak. I'd offer to post a video but...well....I'm lazy. I know what I want a shooter plunge to feel like and there should be a sweet spot to sift plunge to right side of the orbit. Mine specifically only makes the full orbit on a very specific method of release, and really.....if you're plunging at full pull it shouldn't matter at all how you're releasing it....it should make the orbit.

Quoted from lpeters82:

The first thing I would check is if the plunger is hitting the auto launcher. There is some left to right play in the positioning of the playfield, a quick slide one way or the other may fix your issue.

Thanks, I'll get in there and take a look. The auto launcher is full power dead on...no issues at all. =) Sadly I only got to play 2 games today....sprained my ankle real bad moving the game inside. Foot went full sideways, brain went OH SHIT.

#2414 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Well of course! Cats and butter…

images.jpeg (resized).jpgimages.jpeg (resized).jpg
#2415 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

You're not wrong, but even so....it's *extremely* weak. I'd offer to post a video but...well....I'm lazy. I know what I want a shooter plunge to feel like and there should be a sweet spot to sift plunge to right side of the orbit. Mine specifically only makes the full orbit on a very specific method of release, and really.....if you're plunging at full pull it shouldn't matter at all how you're releasing it....it should make the orbit.

Thanks, I'll get in there and take a look. The auto launcher is full power dead on...no issues at all. =) Sadly I only got to play 2 games today....sprained my ankle real bad moving the game inside. Foot went full sideways, brain went OH SHIT.

Upgrade your shooter spring for a red one.

D815A505-7EDB-4C44-98F7-EF2FD8D6107F (resized).jpegD815A505-7EDB-4C44-98F7-EF2FD8D6107F (resized).jpeg
#2416 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Got my butter CE today. Excellent packing by the Spooky team. The cabinet is stunning. Really glad I decided to go for the butter after all. Checked everything under the playfield before I started playing, didn't see anything loose. HOLY SHIT THAT'S A BIG SUBWOOFER. This is going to be a bit of a disjointed ramble...here goes..
My only 'issues' are extremely minor overall. I've had some wicked airballs (upper pf drop target launched the ball clear out of the pf, hit the glass, and it ended up back in the shooter lane!) but oddly none from the mystery scoop....in fact my mystery scoop is really hittable, and very easy from a backhand. The right orbit is every bit the bitch people say it is....and yet somehow my wife managed to two-time it on the fly on her second game.
The plunger is....very insufficient. Theres two minor blemishes that don't bother me and half of it leans very slightly to one side (molding or assembly error I assume...not sure how these are fabricated) but the real complaint is....it's just VERY weak. Not sure if it's off center or the spring is just too weak, but you have to plunge in a very specific way to get it to go all the way and come out the left. I think a slightly stronger spring would remedy this with no issue in my case. I only have the back legs up maybe a half inch or 3/4ths, and the front are all the way down. I didn't specifically check the angle or even the level (YOLO!) but everything else is real zippy and no balls getting hung up in the subways, even after putting two in the scoop one right after another.
The sound...I do have some whinging to do here. One, the speakers have have a *constant* static-y background to them, even when nothing is going on and the game is otherwise silent. It's really bad. Also, the "minimum" volume level is still too loud for my taste. We have 6 people in this house. It would be nice to be able to set it lower, or barring that, plug in headphones.....but I will settle for getting rid of the very sneakily loud background static. It sounds as bad as the fan in my Godzilla power supply. The callouts are pretty funny at times....like draining the ball and getting "we lost a lot of good men that day..." is practically memeworthy.
Flipper buttons feel strange but I'll get used to it. I did notice that both the upper flippers can be staged, which
I didn't pay any attention to at TPF!
Overall a really great experience and looking forward to more updates and just getting to finally play the thing.

Had the same weak plunger issue.
I installed the shooter lanes cliffys.
I can't explain how it solved the problem, but now it shoots strong and smooth

#2417 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

I know what I want a shooter plunge to feel like and there should be a sweet spot to sift plunge to right side of the orbit.

I agree - that is the one thing on my game is the shooter rod is terrible. It almost feels like it sticks. I been meaning to look at it too but I am also lazy.

#2418 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/131162

I guess we know where the floor is on a new in box machine.

#2419 1 year ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I agree - that is the one thing on my game is the shooter rod is terrible. It almost feels like it sticks. I been meaning to look at it too but I am also lazy.

As rotordave said, it likely just isn’t striking the ball properly. Mine is doing the same thing. I plan to check it out.

I had a thin film of very small metal shavings on my playfield the other day. Not sure where that may have come from but there is metal on metal shaving that occurred somewhere, probably relating to Baltan It was no big deal, caused no damage of any kind, but I’m glad I saw it so I could clean it up and keep the clear coat perfect.

#2420 1 year ago

Hello Ultraman folks! I was wondering if anyone here has also played Halloween and how would you compare the two? I enjoy Halloween, there's a spot near-ish me that has an Ultraman but it was down for repair when I went last week Still haven't been able to try out an Ultraman so I thought I'd ask here if anyone has played both and how the gameplay differs with basically the same layouts? Ultraman looks really cool. Thank you!

#2421 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Check the little black box (amp) in the bottom of the cabinet. Turn down the master volume a bunch and boom, the hissing disappears.[quoted image]

Thanks for this tip. The hissing from the speakers was driving me crazy. This did the trick!

#2422 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:I guess we know where the floor is on a new in box machine.

That's a screamin' deal.
Anyone basing their opinion on this game (and Halloween) on anything but actual hands-on play time is being grossly mislead. Been enjoying the hell out of mine since it arrived.

#2423 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

That's a screamin' deal.
Anyone basing their opinion on this game (and Halloween) on anything but actual hands-on play time is being grossly mislead. Been enjoying the hell out of mine since it arrived.

Couldn’t agree more. The current code gives an average player like me plenty to do. There really is a lot there to play. Once you play a lot you realize there are a lot of fun shots. This game really clicks for me.

#2424 1 year ago

Going to put my ultraman on route.

Quick question i know people are going to be confused about the balls popping up under the slings. Location play people will never figure this out even with the lights and sounds.

Is there a setting in the game to give a ball back if someone doesn’t flip and the ball rolls down the middle?

#2425 1 year ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Mine doesn't stick. Sliding the playfield all the way to the right (as LP suggested) completely fixed the issue. I'll just have to remember that in the future. Also the sound adjustment mentioned by someone else fixed that "static" issue and the minimum volume issues for me as well.

#2426 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

how the gameplay differs with basically the same layouts

Different mode names, art, and sound. That's it. Same shots.

#2427 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Going to put my ultraman on route.
Quick question i know people are going to be confused about the balls popping up under the slings. Location play people will never figure this out even with the lights and sounds.
Is there a setting in the game to give a ball back if someone doesn’t flip and the ball rolls down the middle?

Not that I see. That would be a good feature request for operators and home users alike. Basically a 2-3 second ball saver any time the inlane risers are used.

#2428 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

If a lot of my pins are being played, I don't always hear the lifter sound cue so I still lose a ball every once in a while.
I plan to remove the Kaiju plastics above the slings for a while just to be able to see the ball coming out. Not sure if I'll keep it that way, but it's a quick and easy change that's reversible.

Neat idea, I did this and it helps alot.
It helps enough that I decided to remove the plastics below the Kaiju plastics.
It really helps me notice the ball coming.
During multiball everyone here including myself keeps missing the balls coming from the lifters and they just drain.
I am looking forward to the July 10th updates and very curious how they plan to address this.

#2429 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Thanks!

#2430 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Hey Snaroff....care to not be a chickenshit and explain the downvote? If I'm actually wrong it's in everyone's best interest. I'm not aware of any code divergence in terms of how the modes are structured. They've said it MIGHT be a possibility at some point, but afaik....we haven't gotten there yet.

#2431 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Hey Snaroff....care to not be a chickenshit and explain the downvote? If I'm actually wrong it's in everyone's best interest. I'm not aware of any code divergence in terms of how the modes are structured. They've said it MIGHT be a possibility at some point, but afaik....we haven't gotten there yet.

It is just a down vote. He might have hit the wrong button. Deep breath.

#2432 1 year ago

Am i missing something between 2nd playfield and main playfield. When mine arrived the ball kept falling into the cabinet. I moved the wiring to be sure it wasn’t getting caught up. I also made sure the playfields were tightened down to be sure there wasn’t too much gap. Ultimately I had to make my own aluminum guard which fixed it but probably shouldn’t have to. I am actually trading the pin for HWN and I want it perfect for the next owner. Thoughts?

#2433 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

If you are out of breath from saying what I typed...you might lay off the cigs. But yeah, sure. I'd edit it...but there's no point now. Oh well, it's not like I have a rep to lose around here anyways.

#2434 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

If you are out of breath from saying what I typed...you might lay off the cigs. But yeah, sure. I'd edit it...but there's no point now. Oh well, it's not like I have a rep to lose around here anyways.

I was referring that you take a deep breath before calling him a chickenshit. No big deal. Play on.

#2435 1 year ago

Any tips to get less stmd rejects from the middle ramp?

#2436 1 year ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Any tips to get less stmd rejects from the middle ramp?

There is there is a post somewhere in the pinned posts showing how to confirm your diverter for that ramp is aligned correctly. I’d start with that and compare yours with the desired alignment.

#2437 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

There is there is a post somewhere in the pinned posts showing how to confirm your diverter for that ramp is aligned correctly. I’d start with that and compare yours with the desired alignment.

Very useful links; https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/31#post-6828828

The diverter specifically:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/42#post-6665122

#2438 1 year ago

New speaker grills installed. Like the chrome look better than the powder coating that comes with the game.

C40EF170-F3BE-44AB-ACA3-35ED921D8F25 (resized).jpegC40EF170-F3BE-44AB-ACA3-35ED921D8F25 (resized).jpegEE501904-1D68-4764-9770-A7862E074818 (resized).jpegEE501904-1D68-4764-9770-A7862E074818 (resized).jpeg
#2439 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

New speaker grills installed. Like the chrome look better than the powder coating that comes with the game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great!

#2440 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Those look great!

Thanks, I may try to find a yellow piece of plexiglass to filter the one eye on each grill. Was thinking of changing out the black mesh to red but I think the black works fine with the speaker grill lights.

#2442 1 year ago

I just set up #231 last night and played until 1am. I may be new to the pinball game I only have one other machine. But it is an awesome game! Fast, smooth, I love the lay out and theme. With all the shit talk on this forum I was pretty worried , but I’m happy to have this pin I just wish I scooped it for the bargains I’m seeing out there. If you’re waiting and worried don’t be! It’s a really cool pin.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2443 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashleypinballs:

but I’m happy to have this pin I just wish I scooped it for the bargains I’m seeing out there. If you’re waiting and worried don’t be! It’s a really cool pin.

I’m happier with my Ultraman than I am with my Mando. I agree with you that my only regret is missing these great prices. I do think Ultraman is at close to it’s bottom price point this summer, once it is out of production - given how rare it is - it will start to bounce.

Is Spooky planning to be finished with production in 2022?

#2444 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m happier with my Ultraman than I am with my Mando. I agree with you that my only regret is missing these great prices. I do think Ultraman is at close to it’s bottom price point this summer, once it is out of production - given how rare it is - it will start to bounce.

You’d think they’d just finish the run instead of waiting for the Halloween CEs to be finished to move on to the bloodsucker editions. I’d think it would work to our advantage as the focus could strictly be on coding the game. I’m really hoping they can make this something special.

#2445 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Quoted from frankmac:

Exactly...apparently hit the wrong button! Changed accordingly.

Please...sorry I caused you any stress, but I'm not a "Chickenshit" (whatever that means).

Try not to sweat the small stuff, Frax. A pinball buddy I've known for over 12 years passed away this weekend. He is also a champion jet skier (https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3870556273052479&ref=sharing).

#2446 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My Mando can be frustrating. Probably because I suck. One of the few games I have considered taking out back and lighting it on fire while ceremoniously dancing around it lol. I have none of this frustration with UM.

#2447 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Hello Ultraman folks! I was wondering if anyone here has also played Halloween and how would you compare the two? I enjoy Halloween, there's a spot near-ish me that has an Ultraman but it was down for repair when I went last week Still haven't been able to try out an Ultraman so I thought I'd ask here if anyone has played both and how the gameplay differs with basically the same layouts? Ultraman looks really cool. Thank you!

I think with Halloween, being a fan of the first 2 movies makes it a really cool pin with the atmosphere it gives you. Not sure if i would like it at all without that. I don’t know the Ultraman show, but I think the pin is still fun. They are slightly different, as I really like the Dada mode on UM. HWN has the stalker mode, which needs a little more polish in my view, but it’s still cool. Other than that, the 2 are the same mode wise I’m pretty sure. The code on both just needs to move forward to get to a better state, but right now, both are decent. I like things with monsters, so maybe that’s why UM sits well with me.

#2448 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Exactly...apparently hit the wrong button! Changed accordingly.

Can't tell you how many times I've hit the downvote (or upvote) button because I'm curious to see who's on the list, and then I'm like D'oh!

#2449 1 year ago

Anybody know how to contact Lanez Custom Steel? I ordered their powder coated shooter housing a couple weeks ago and haven’t heard anything. Their contact us section of the website is broken.

#2450 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Anybody know how to contact Lanez Custom Steel? I ordered their powder coated shooter housing a couple weeks ago and haven’t heard anything. Their contact us section of the website is broken.

I checked my order emails and they come from a “no reply” address and have no contact info (mine shipped a week after order and arrived in about a week, no issues).

Looks like they are responsive on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/lanezcustomsteel/?ref=page_internal

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/49?hl=stf_dnx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.