(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 101.
#2301 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Future games? Love the update but lets get code stable. Are we still seeing code related game resets?

We have added additional programmers. The HWUM programmer has not stopped working on it for 1 second to do anything else or work on anything else. That is still his whole focus and will continue to be for quite some time. This was good news that we are adding to our team, our equipment, our facility and our staff to continue to improve current games and make great ones in the future.

I'll also add he has a team assisting him every day as well.

#2302 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Please do something to expand and build out the droptarget 2-ball feature. Having something here to bring into main and scoop modes would go a long way towards giving this game some variety. Imagine if R&M only had adventures, gromflomite and the mystery, but no meeseeks/mania or dimensions... that's where I feel HWN is today. Need at least one other feature available at all times IMHO.
Apologies for talking HWN in UM thread, but they're similar enough to both benefit from more features.

Can we PLEASE get stable code before adding more content, please. Game resets and fixing that should be priority at this point.

#2303 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We have added additional programmers. The HWUM programmer has not stopped working on it for 1 second to do anything else or work on anything else. That is still his whole focus and will continue to be for quite some time. This was good news that we are adding to our team, our equipment, our facility and our staff to continue to improve current games and make great ones in the future.
I'll also add he has a team assisting him every day as well.

This is great news, keep plugging away and thanks! Just very excited for 920!

#2305 1 year ago

I am number #89 and still waiting patiently as will all the Aussie and NZ orders. So hopefully we get an email soon as we also have shipping delays to contend with. Could take an extra 6-10 weeks once it leaves their factory

Quoted from Giebzilla:

For all of you getting a standard edition I think you are getting close. I Am #311 (CE edition, no butter cabinet) and it was shipped from Benton yesterday and should be in Arizona next Tuesday!!!

#2306 1 year ago

Dumb question but how do you know if you have the 'butter' cabinet? Thanks.

#2307 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

58AE3E23-FE82-461F-A1F2-4E7418DB180F (resized).jpeg58AE3E23-FE82-461F-A1F2-4E7418DB180F (resized).jpeg
#2308 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

to continue to improve current games

Rick and Morty too? Asking for a friend

#2309 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ha, you do not

#2310 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

It’s clearcoated art direct on wood. Not a decal.

#2311 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Basically like the playfield, right? I have never seen one in person but imagine they are beautiful.

#2312 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Who makes this? Not directly at Spooky?
I would like to see the process through a video if possible
Is it the same process as the radcals from JJP on collectors edition ?

#2313 1 year ago

My Butter TNA

CDEFC81F-B698-4FE5-8072-4A40C45B092B (resized).jpegCDEFC81F-B698-4FE5-8072-4A40C45B092B (resized).jpeg
#2314 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hmmm even my partner who is not a seasoned player is unbothered by the inlane lifters. Think she maybe missed it once and was like “damnit” I feel like the standing visual and audio warning is effective. If the flipper flipped every time it was about to come up the multiballs would be unplayable and that would be a shame because the MB experience on UM/HWN is one of the best in the last 20 years. Especially in the sub wiz and wiz modes where there are super jackpots active on all three levels.

Very curious why the just didn't have a staged ball like they do in R&M so there is no delay

#2315 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Very curious why the just didn't have a staged ball like they do in R&M so there is no delay

It makes more sense in Halloween. Adds a bit of suspense to high value / countdown shots.

#2316 1 year ago

The game is not finished. Is likely they will program a staged back scenario. Again, The “wait time” is minuscule as far as I’m concerned. Doesn’t bother me at all.

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

#2317 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The game is not finished. Is likely they will program a staged back scenario. Again, The “wait time” is minuscule as far as I’m concerned. Doesn’t bother me at all.

Agreed. Didn’t bother me one bit when I played UM at TPF.

#2318 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Who makes this? Not directly at Spooky?
I would like to see the process through a video if possible
Is it the same process as the radcals from JJP on collectors edition ?

Yes, it’s an option direct from Spooky. Once again - it’s art screened on wood and clearcoated. Not decals. Radcals are decals.

#2319 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes, it’s an option direct from Spooky. Once again - it’s art screened on wood and clearcoated. Not decals. Radcals are decals.

It's the finest cabinet in all of pinball. Whatever process they use is even nicer than cabinets restored by high-end pinball restorers (which cost an arm and a leg). On one hand, it's an expensive option if the game is being shoved in a lineup. OTOH, with all the folks that gravitate to Stern LE's because of the rarity, butter cabinets are extremely rare and beautiful. My R&M cabinet is butter and it was worth every penny. Highly recommend.

#2320 1 year ago

Anyone else complete the Ragon battle and not get credit for completing him? This stands out as one of the biggest bugs to me on the new code (along with random ball restarts & spacium mode hanging).

#2321 1 year ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Anyone else complete the Ragon battle and not get credit for completing him? This stands out as one of the biggest bugs to me on the new code (along with random ball restarts & spacium mode hanging).

I let Bug know! Sounds like it should already be fixed.

#2322 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's the finest cabinet in all of pinball. Whatever process they use is even nicer than cabinets restored by high-end pinball restorers (which cost an arm and a leg). On one hand, it's an expensive option if the game is being shoved in a lineup. OTOH, with all the folks that gravitate to Stern LE's because of the rarity, butter cabinets are extremely rare and beautiful. My R&M cabinet is butter and it was worth every penny. Highly recommend.

I only have one other pin, so upgrading to butter is a no brainer. It's kinda sad it's gonna take these spotlight from my METLE....

#2323 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

My Butter TNA
[quoted image]

That looks amazing, what do you use to maintain it?

#2324 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did you seen the process? would you be willing to bet your money ? because i would like to be sure it's screened on the wood... and not similar to radcals
why did Spooky never share some videos of this process? we see pictures of assembly but never about the buttercabinet.
I would like to know where my extra $1000 goes

#2325 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

and not similar to radcals

They’re not.

Butter cabinets are direct printed onto the wood. Same as how playfields are made now.

Then clear coated over the top.

rd

#2326 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That looks amazing, what do you use to maintain it?

Microfiber cloth's. I get one a little damp warm water and wipe off any fingerprints then wipe with a dry one very lightly. Never had to clean it as my pins stay very clean.

#2327 1 year ago

If anyone cares, here is my solution for (mostly) safely propping the playfield up on UM/HWN to access the upper flipper, et al.

Pinball Universe Blade Protectors

Double-layer of pieces of spit closed cell pipe insulation

IMG_0344 (resized).JPGIMG_0344 (resized).JPGIMG_0345 (resized).JPGIMG_0345 (resized).JPGIMG_0346 (resized).JPGIMG_0346 (resized).JPGIMG_0347 (resized).JPGIMG_0347 (resized).JPG
#2328 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Did you seen the process? would you be willing to bet your money ? because i would like to be sure it's screened on the wood... and not similar to radcals
why did Spooky never share some videos of this process? we see pictures of assembly but never about the buttercabinet.

Dude they’ve been doing it for years. You’re busting in here claiming they’re lying? GTFO. It’s documented & fact. Not up for debate. Go do your own googling. They’re not F’ing decals.

#2329 1 year ago

I have an Alice Copper ButterCab and it is a thing of beauty.
The process they use is totally different than radicals.

I opted out for ButterCab for my Ultraman machine to spend
money on other stuff. Cash flow ain't what it was .

If I could of done it over. I would of just bought out someones spot and
got the ButtterCab.

#2330 1 year ago

Me too on my ACNC but I really want to see Spooky's process, just interesting because yes, it is so awesome!

#2331 1 year ago

I really wish my ACNC had the butter cab. The cabinet art work on that is incredible and would look amazing glossed up. I’m pretty happy with the look and finish of my Halloween decals. For me some color pallets really lend themselves to the gloss treatment. RaM UM ACNC definitely but I like the wrap on the subdued color pallete on HWN.

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I have an Alice Copper ButterCab and it is a thing of beauty.
The process they use is totally different than radicals.
I opted out for ButterCab for my Ultraman machine to spend
money on other stuff. Cash flow ain't what it was .
If I could of done it over. I would of just bought out someones spot and
got the ButtterCab.

#2332 1 year ago

UM is here just in time for Father’s Day!

C7D0774B-716D-45DC-9E89-16FC362E7568 (resized).pngC7D0774B-716D-45DC-9E89-16FC362E7568 (resized).png
#2333 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Go do your own googling. They’re not F’ing decals.

I’ll help with the Googling:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Emery

“Emery worked for Signcraft screen printing in Galena, IL from 1992-2013 before starting his pinball company.[5] Many of the techniques he learned have carried over to pinball, including direct printing to playfields and cabinets. “

#2334 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

I’ll help with the Googling:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Emery
“Emery worked for Signcraft screen printing in Galena, IL from 1992-2013 before starting his pinball company.[5] Many of the techniques he learned have carried over to pinball, including direct printing to playfields and cabinets. “

Thanks

#2335 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

It goes on the sides in the front of the cabinet and the sides of the head.

#2336 1 year ago

#302 scheduled for delivery Monday. Woo hoo

#2337 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Double-layer of pieces of spit closed cell pipe insulation[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you buy that insulation? This is a great idea for propping up the back. I can go look, but just thought I'd ask if it comes on the pipe or you can buy it separately.

Thanks!

#2338 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

Can you buy that insulation?

You can absolutely buy it, typically in 6' lengths. I use it pretty often when packing things for shipment. Just ask at the hardware store.

#2339 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

Can you buy that insulation? This is a great idea for propping up the back. I can go look, but just thought I'd ask if it comes on the pipe or you can buy it separately.
Thanks!

You can get long tubes of that at any small local or bigbox hardware store and its very cheap.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-in-x-6-ft-Foam-Pipe-Insulation-ORP11812/204760805

RM

#2340 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

If anyone cares, here is my solution for (mostly) safely propping the playfield up on UM/HWN to access the upper flipper, et al.
Pinball Universe Blade Protectors
Double-layer of pieces of spit closed cell pipe insulation[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just a heads up your connections to your light boards are smoked..
5D3DCA3E-92B7-4DFE-A2DB-943B6F751D18 (resized).jpeg5D3DCA3E-92B7-4DFE-A2DB-943B6F751D18 (resized).jpeg

#2341 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

Yep, that's well spotted. Hadn't noticed that. All of those lamps are functioning correctly, however.

I'll contact Spooky and send them some pics, see what they say.

RussMyers

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#2342 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

Quoted from RussMyers:

Yep, that's well spotted. Hadn't noticed that. All of those lamps are functioning correctly, however.
I'll contact Spooky and send them some pics, see what they say.
RussMyers[quoted image][quoted image]

The discoloration is not being caused by hot connectors. A few months ago, our LED supply chain experienced a dry spell, so we had to build them in house for a short time. The connectors we used became discolored during the reflow process. It's a relatively small/cheap oven, so we had to run it a bit hot in order to properly solder a large panel of LED boards, hence the connectors look a bit toasty. But they're totally fine; no mechanical or electrical impact.

#2343 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

The discoloration is not being caused by hot connectors. A few months ago, our LED supply chain experienced a dry spell, so we had to build them in house for a short time. The connectors we used became discolored during the reflow process. It's a relatively small/cheap oven, so we had to run it a bit hot in order to properly solder a large panel of LED boards, hence the connectors look a bit toasty. But they're totally fine; no mechanical or electrical impact.

I love spooky

#2344 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Confirm that with A.J. At Spooky service as I had this issue with my Ultraman. I opened a service ticket and he replaced all my light boards for me..

#2345 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Good to know, thanks.

Like I said, they are all working 100%

RM

#2347 1 year ago

I was helping someone who has a possible issue.
Try reading the thread.

#2349 1 year ago

Haven't really played Rick and Morty but is the code that more far developed that these Spooky games are selling in the $11-$12k range? Or is it just a better playfield layout, more popular game? Thanks.

#2350 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Haven't really played Rick and Morty but is the code that more far developed that these Spooky games are selling in the $11-$12k range? Or is it just a better playfield layout, more popular game? Thanks.

All the above?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.