(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 100.
#2251 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

No need to repeat yourself. Your enthusiasm for hating on this game is apparent to all here.

Game has strong flippers. That is a good thing.

#2252 1 year ago

Only strong flipper in here is you haha. Except.. this one got you good. I’m still loving the hell out of my Halloween. The layout is great.

Quoted from frankmac:

Game has strong flippers. That is a good thing.

#2253 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Only strong flipper in here is you haha. Except.. this one got you good. I’m still loving the hell out of my Halloween. The layout is great.

Haa, good one. Strong flippers on this pin and you better be strong pin flipper to flip this one. -2.1k

#2254 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Haa, good one. Strong flippers on this pin and you better be strong pin flipper to flip this one. -2.1k

So here’s a question for you.
Do you go out of your way in other club threads to continually trash post all the other games you don’t like?
Or is this one just a special case because you lost money on it?

#2255 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don’t really understand this perspective. Compared to games like Tron, Doctor Who, and Iron Man, the base code on this machine is nothing short of loaded right now. It has a ton of regular modes, stackable Multiballs, plus a mini wizard and wizard mode. I understand volume of code does not mean fun necessarily, but in what manner is the code “incomplete”?
Do you have any suggestions for mode types or ideas on rule improvements specifically to make?

Very few instructional callouts. Menu system is beyond a home brew. Side drop barely coded. Timers running during stop and go. Mode difficulty not gauged correctly. Upper pf integration lacks cohesion. Sound balance is out the window. Still occasional game stopping bugs.

Putting out a wizard mode before fixing base code is pretty lame, and letting ppl skip to it like we're code testers instead of product owners is pretty lame as well. The game has very little Polish to it. I would rate the current code as 1.0 code for other companies' releases.

All that said, the game has potential. The layout is okay, but as I said, it will all depend on the code. To me, they aren't fixing the foundation, which may lead to an unpolished game... Who knows. My guess is 2024 or 2025, if they can keep going that long.

I don't see the value of this thing ever fully recovering. That is why ppl are walking away from deposits. I'm all for cheering on spooky, but reality is a bitch sometimes. This game is "a fun shooter" at very best, and only if the code is polished.

With sincere objectivity, this game feels like it's being created by an inexperienced crew, starting with the 20-something year old voice callouts. They do not inspire confidence.

#2256 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Very few instructional callouts. Menu system is beyond a home brew. Side drop barely coded. Timers running during stop and go. Mode difficulty not gauged correctly. Upper pf integration lacks cohesion. Sound balance is out the window. Still occasional game stopping bugs.
Putting out a wizard mode before fixing base code is pretty lame, and letting ppl skip to it like we're code testers instead of product owners is pretty lame as well. The game has very little Polish to it. I would rate the current code as 1.0 code for other companies' releases.
All that said, the game has potential. The layout is okay, but as I said, it will all depend on the code. To me, they aren't fixing the foundation, which may lead to an unpolished game... Who knows. My guess is 2024 or 2025, if they can keep going that long.
I don't see the value of this thing ever fully recovering. That is why ppl are walking away from deposits. I'm all for cheering on spooky, but reality is a bitch sometimes. This game is "a fun shooter" at very best, and only if the code is polished.
With sincere objectivity, this game feels like it's being created by an inexperienced crew, starting with the 20-something year old voice callouts. They do not inspire confidence.

You bring up an excellent point that I have been stating" Get current code stable squash the bugs, then move on to adding content. Problem is many people took that as 'Stop adding content'. Anyway, this is a make or break pin for Spooky, especially in these trying economic times.

Squash the bugs, get the code stable, then move on to adding content. There should not be gamestopping bugs in the code at this point.

#2257 1 year ago

When was Ultraman day? Can't wait..

#2258 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

When was Ultraman day? Can't wait..

Ultraman Day is every July 10th.

https://tsuburaya.fandom.com/wiki/Ultraman_Day

RM

#2259 1 year ago

OK, my kid is a pretty good graphic artist and I am thinking of making some ramp decals for Ultraman.

Any suggestions as to what should be on them?

The right ramp I was thinking the SSSP Headquarters, but open to ideas.

RussM

#2260 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Very few instructional callouts. Menu system is beyond a home brew. Side drop barely coded. Timers running during stop and go. Mode difficulty not gauged correctly. Upper pf integration lacks cohesion. Sound balance is out the window. Still occasional game stopping bugs

Yeah I wasn't expecting them to switch from p-roc to yet another homemade board and basically have to rewrite the entire OS and menu system.. again. My three spooky games are each on completely different boardsets and software platforms (pinheck, p-roc and pinotaur), which kinda sucks for troubleshooting and longevity. We're what, 8 months in to HWN/UM deliveries and still lack basic menu functionality due to the reset.

Agree on messy sound, my glass rattles when Loomis soundalike speaks, they still haven't run the callouts through a high-pass filter like folks have asked. No option to adjust callout/music levels. Spooky ships with some of the best audio hardware in the business, but the software so far is a let-down.

Things like the powdercoat rubbing off and lamps getting hit from underneath were problems on Rob Zombie, why are they once again problems on HWN? Does Spooky not take notes and make corrections?

Too many steps back and not enough forward so far. I don't want to sell HWN as there are definitely aspects of it I do like. Hoping Spooky can eventually get everything resolved. I really want them to succeed, and will probably hold onto the game til they say it's finished.

Edit, was a switch on RZ, but same problem...

#2261 1 year ago

I had speculated the switch to a new OS would be problematic. Though based on the Code Sniffing I did it appears to
be a bit of Unity and this and that. So I can only assume that the switch wasn't that disrupting.
They got a game out and it worked just not up to Top Pinball Player in the worlds standards.. Considering covid,
supply chain and al that they shipped stuff. Think they made some progress on a few things and learned
a few valuable lessons about rolling a new game out in today's market.

Still there had to of been some challenges, setbacks and 'multiple hat wearing for entire team'
can't be easy working on 2 machines simultaneously, onboarding people and this and that.
Hat's off to spooky crew for all that. The pressure to knock these titles out of the park has gotta
be huge. Everyone there knows they need to turn this around and make a comeback.
Still think they can turn it around with a few tweaks here and there.. Decided to hold onto mine
for at least another 6month to a year and see what happens.

#2262 1 year ago

Dear Spooky,

Will you please allow your fans to roll their Ultraman and Halloween deposits for unbuilt games toward future Spooky titles.

Sincerely,
Rascal

Check one:
[ ] YES
[ ] NO
[ ] Scooby Doo will be just as bad.

#2263 1 year ago

You ordered a game.

You put down a non-refundable deposit.

If you don't want it, or you got cold feet, sell your spot or walk away.

But quit crying like a bunch of bitches.

#2264 1 year ago

First Spooky game. I have had it for a week.
I think the fonts need to be larger and have more contrast.
The display is hard to read.
I have been worried about this thing getting hit and sure enough.
Not sure what to do, a new one will just get hit/broken again.
I guess for parts the only way to order them is to call them?

Beautiful art and the playfield is perfect, much nicer than any of my CGC playfields.
Game seems well built, but....
I am looking forward to hearing what they have to say about addressing its shortcomings.

IMG-5233 (resized).jpgIMG-5233 (resized).jpg
#2265 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You ordered a game.
You put down a non-refundable deposit.
If you don't want it, or you got cold feet, sell your spot or walk away.
But quit crying like a bunch of bitches.

I didn’t really order one.

#2266 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

First Spooky game. I have had it for a week.
I think the fonts need to be larger and have more contrast.
The display is hard to read.
I have been worried about this thing getting hit and sure enough.
Not sure what to do, a new one will just get hit/broken again.
I guess for parts the only way to order them is to call them?
Beautiful art and the playfield is perfect, much nicer than any of my CGC playfields.
Game seems well built, but....
I am looking forward to hearing what they have to say about addressing its shortcomings.[quoted image]

Are you strip lights working properly? Also your picture looks like cracked plastic on the light shade?

BCF0108D-396C-4255-8559-0C4099502490 (resized).jpegBCF0108D-396C-4255-8559-0C4099502490 (resized).jpeg
#2267 1 year ago

Let's enjoy a quiet time here as the haters are now busy bashing the new jjp TS4

#2268 1 year ago

Just got my FedEx tracking info. The journey from Benton begins.

#2269 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Just got my FedEx tracking info. The journey from Benton begins.

What number are you?

#2270 1 year ago

Got my notification mine (253) is ready and will be on the way soon.

#2271 1 year ago

Quick positive post: love this game and can’t wait to see the new polish coming. This is my daughter’s favorite game. We were going through our game list the other day and she said ”Ultraman, well that one is just special.” Couldn’t agree more. Now, if I could only find a way to watch Shin Ultraman!

#2272 1 year ago

#208 is less than 25 miles from the house...maybe today?

#2273 1 year ago

I was playing the other night and I have to say the DADA mode is really fun and the pigmon multiball makes me laugh every time I see that video. The game is coming along. I have #73 so I have been along for the ride for a bit now and I am excited to see what is to come for Ultraman.

#2274 1 year ago

Just updated the Software to 1.07 this morning, went well with NO issues. To be sure, I reformatted a 32gig FAT32 16kb cluster thumb drive to FAT32 with 32kb cluster per Spooky's instruction. I also did a full reformat (not a quick reformat) so that took longer but just wanted to make sure. The actual update was pretty quick, it was the test game afterwards that made me almost late for work

I have had no real issues at all, just a couple of sticky balls, but not completely stuck, minor adjustments for them. I feel pretty confident in my purchase and I find there is plenty of flow and action. Only real shot issue is the right orbit shot and I have a Houdini so I ought to be better at hitting a difficult right side shot. When you do, though, it is a pretty good feeling.

Looking forward to putting more games on 1.07 tonight!

#2275 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Everything was there for GB. People lost their minds because of something written on the rules card that Dwight put on their as a joke.

Hmmm. Not heard about this. Can you explain?

#2276 1 year ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Hmmm. Not heard about this. Can you explain?

Dwight didn’t originally plan for there to be an are you a god mode. Added it later after years of bitching from owners because it was on the instruction card.

“Are you a God? - Be good at everything.”

Haha

#2277 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

What number are you?

It is a team game so I don’t know if it is numbered or not.

#2278 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Dear Spooky,
Will you please allow your fans to roll their Ultraman and Halloween deposits for unbuilt games toward future Spooky titles.
Sincerely,
Rascal
Check one:
[ ] YES
[ ] NO

3 times as bad!!

#2279 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Just updated the Software to 1.07 this morning, went well with NO issues. To be sure, I reformatted a 32gig FAT32 16kb cluster thumb drive to FAT32 with 32kb cluster per Spooky's instruction. I also did a full reformat (not a quick reformat) so that took longer but just wanted to make sure. The actual update was pretty quick, it was the test game afterwards that made me almost late for work
I have had no real issues at all, just a couple of sticky balls, but not completely stuck, minor adjustments for them. I feel pretty confident in my purchase and I find there is plenty of flow and action. Only real shot issue is the right orbit shot and I have a Houdini so I ought to be better at hitting a difficult right side shot. When you do, though, it is a pretty good feeling.
Looking forward to putting more games on 1.07 tonight!

Replace that orbit switch with the MERS(sp?) Switch. The right outlane switch is too far inboard and doesnt register.

#2280 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

3 times as bad!!

Scooby Doo confirmed!!!

#2281 1 year ago

How do you know these games are bad without ever playing them? I dig my HWN so much I rushed to go buy an ACNC and I am an absolutely difficult customer to please. My diagnosis? You’re online too much… go play pinball!

Quoted from Rascal_H:

Dear Spooky,
Sincerely,
Rascal
Check one:
[ ] YES
[ ] NO

#2282 1 year ago

#208 arrived in perfect shape. Absolutely gorgeous art package as others have noted.

Shoots great right out the box.

Really happy with it so far. But, I just started feeling it out as I avoided most all of the streams. Looking forward to getting deep into it and excited to see where it goes from here.

Got nothing but praise for the Spooky Team. Again.

#2283 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Replace that orbit switch with the MERS(sp?) Switch. The right outlane switch is too far inboard and doesnt register.

Could you please point the thread to fix the switch or where to buy the MRS switch?
My right right orbit switch tests fine but not always register correctly during gameplay.
That's about the only issue I had so far

#2284 1 year ago

Hi everyone,

Can't wait to have my game (standard edition) !! Did anyone knows when i could probably get it (December or next year march ? ) ?

Thanks a lot

#2285 1 year ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Let's enjoy a quiet time here as the haters are now busy bashing the new jjp TS4

Yeah really.
Watching the preorder spots pop up like pimples in the pinside market in the last 24 hours really shows how much money some of these people throw around in “hopes” of making an investment or something?

On a cool note:
Official Ultraman Day in Japan is July 10!
I think I’m going to hold a party/tournament for fun
Everyone loves my Ultraman machine. Sometimes I think pinsiders forget pinball was made for quick moments of public entertainment, not Comic Book Guys sitting in a basement complaining about code or something.

#2286 1 year ago
Quoted from beastmaster1981:

Hi everyone,
Can't wait to have my game (standard edition) !! Did anyone knows when i could probably get it (December or next year march ? ) ?
Thanks a lot

Depends how well Spooky is getting the games together and out the door. Looking at numbers being received, I’m pegging my standard between Oct-Feb. Also keep in mind, all CEs for HWN/UM will be completed before BSEs, then standards. A bit of a wait, but should be worth it.

#2287 1 year ago

My UM#291 is on the line, I'm excited!!!
I'm a huge Ultraman fan.

#2288 1 year ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Depends how well Spooky is getting the games together and out the door. Looking at numbers being received, I’m pegging my standard between Oct-Feb. Also keep in mind, all CEs for HWN/UM will be completed before BSEs, then standards. A bit of a wait, but should be worth it.

Hi Blowback1976 and thanks for your answer

I have no number since in France, we can only get a spooky from one distro.

So don't know my number. I go for March 2023 so i have the time to get money to preorder the next spooky (Hope Scoobydooooooo)

#2289 1 year ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Could you please point the thread to fix the switch or where to buy the MRS switch?
My right right orbit switch tests fine but not always register correctly during gameplay.

https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1772-mampm-creations

Sonic

#2290 1 year ago
Quoted from SorceressTech:

Yeah really.
Watching the preorder spots pop up like pimples in the pinside market in the last 24 hours really shows how much money some of these people throw around in “hopes” of making an investment or something?
On a cool note:
Official Ultraman Day in Japan is July 10!
I think I’m going to hold a party/tournament for fun
Everyone loves my Ultraman machine. Sometimes I think pinsiders forget pinball was made for quick moments of public entertainment, not Comic Book Guys sitting in a basement complaining about code or something.

Agreed, I am so excited for mine. Just looked at FedEx tracking it is in Nebraska…so close…

#2291 1 year ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

This is a video from Spooky explaining how to adjust the orbit switch

#2292 1 year ago

Thanks PlanetExpress & thanks BradLinden

#2293 1 year ago

For all of you getting a standard edition I think you are getting close. I Am #311 (CE edition, no butter cabinet) and it was shipped from Benton yesterday and should be in Arizona next Tuesday!!!

#2294 1 year ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

For all of you getting a standard edition I think you are getting close. I Am #311 (CE edition, no butter cabinet) and it was shipped from Benton yesterday and should be in Arizona next Tuesday!!!

Wow can't believe we're already in the 300s. Know there will be a lull likely before the BSEs and then again with the SEs but it's amazing how fast the pace has picked up recently

#2295 1 year ago
Quoted from deosil:

Wow can't believe we're already in the 300s. Know there will be a lull likely before the BSEs and then again with the SEs but it's amazing how fast the pace has picked up recently

They need to crank so we can get in a TNA run before Scooby Doo. Please God…and Spooky, can we have Scooby Doo?

#2296 1 year ago
Quoted from deosil:

Looks like there are also some butter cabs that got passed over…. I’m 304 w/butter and haven’t been notified it’s on the line (I’m assuming Pinball Star customers get this notice, too).

#2297 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:They need to crank so we can get in a TNA run before Scooby Doo. Please God…and Spooky, can we have Scooby Doo?

ALOT happening right now! We have new Ultraman animations going into the game, Halloween modes getting some love, building more games than we ever have at our highest quality ever, and future games getting programmed. Their are going to be alot of really cool things rolling out of our doors this year! I think we will make a ton of very happy spooky customers!

#2298 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

ALOT happening right now! We have new Ultraman animations going into the game, Halloween modes getting some love, building more games than we ever have at our highest quality ever, and future games getting programmed. Their are going to be alot of really cool things rolling out of our doors this year! I think we will make a ton of very happy spooky customers!

Can’t wait to see what’s coming over the next year!

#2299 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Future games? Love the update but lets get code stable. Are we still seeing code related game resets?

#2300 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Halloween modes getting some love,

Please do something to expand and build out the droptarget 2-ball feature. Having something here to bring into main and scoop modes would go a long way towards giving this game some variety. Imagine if R&M only had adventures, gromflomite and the mystery, but no meeseeks/mania or dimensions... that's where I feel HWN is today. Need at least one other feature available at all times IMHO.

Apologies for talking HWN in UM thread, but they're similar enough to both benefit from more features.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/46?hl=stf_dnx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.