(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 100.
#2151 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:Anyhow, how do you spell Benular/Bemular?

OMG - A Typo!
How will Spooky ever recover?

#2152 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I love Spooky and want to love UM, but it needs work.
I am hoping it will turn out like Houdini and become a keeper.
There must be better notice/warning that the ball is coming down the out lanes or the game is done for.
Make the flipper flip or a call out before the ball shows up.
Everyone who plays this finds it madding that there ball has drained before they even know it. Folks here just walk away from it in disgust after missing the balls being fed to the flippers.
Anyhow, how do you spell Benular/Bemular?
When is more content coming for UM?
[quoted image]

Noticed that when I was redoing the apron cards.

#2153 1 year ago

Hmmm even my partner who is not a seasoned player is unbothered by the inlane lifters. Think she maybe missed it once and was like “damnit” I feel like the standing visual and audio warning is effective. If the flipper flipped every time it was about to come up the multiballs would be unplayable and that would be a shame because the MB experience on UM/HWN is one of the best in the last 20 years. Especially in the sub wiz and wiz modes where there are super jackpots active on all three levels.

There must be better notice/warning that the ball is coming down the out lanes or the game is done for.
Everyone who plays this finds it madding that there ball has drained before they even know it. Folks here just walk away from it in disgust after missing the balls being fed to the flippers.
[quoted image]

#2154 1 year ago

Add a pre powered sub to the game. The bass drop on the inlane lifters is one of the best in pinball.

#2155 1 year ago

Geez. Can people give it a rest? Two (2) sound cues and a flasher go off. After one ball or at most one game you should realize the ball returns from the inlanes. Spooky should NOT change this. It is what makes the game unique. Go buy a Stern. Every ramp will return neatly to your flipper with no risk or excitement.

#2156 1 year ago

Haha as someone getting bored to death with Stern homogeny I can’t appreciate this comment enough. “…with no risk or excitement” lmao. I love my Halloween so much I’m in a mad rush to get the other Spooky games. Have ACNC coming in this week.

Also…the inlane servos are f’n genius and make for incredible multiball play. Literally blown away that people are poo poo-ing these games. Mental.

Quoted from Crile1:

Geez. Can people give it a rest? Two (2) sound cues and a flasher go off. After one ball or at most one game you should realize the ball returns from the inlanes. Spooky should NOT change this. It is what makes the game unique. Go buy a Stern. Every ramp will return neatly to your flipper with no risk or excitement.

#2157 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

It is what makes the game unique. Go buy a Stern. Every ramp will return neatly to your flipper with no risk or excitement.

Pinball enthusiasts: “We want something different!!”

Ahhhh no. You don’t. You want the same shit recycled over and over with the same lame man-child licences. Over and over again. Zzzzz

rd

#2158 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Haha as someone getting bored to death with Stern homogeny I can’t appreciate this comment enough. “…with no risk or excitement” lmao. I love my Halloween so much I’m in a mad rush to get the other Spooky games. Have ACNC coming in this week.
Also…the inlane servos are f’n genius and make for incredible multiball play. Literally blown away that people are poo poo-ing these games. Mental.

you need also a Rick & Morty, definitely a crazy game same as ACNC
I could get rid all stern pinballs for these 2 Spooky games

#2159 1 year ago

Speaker grills out for powdercoating. Found the existing color way too dark. Went with a super chrome and plan to change the background mesh to red. Will post pics once installed.

#2160 1 year ago

Personally I like the subway feed into the flippers adds a bit more flow to game once you get used to it.
I like the A-typical layout.

For me the biggest gripe I have is the Scoreboard / UI . It doesn't do much for me and would rather see
full screen with some standardized placement for score.

Second gripe, music.. Wish there was something more.

Last callouts - This is kind of big for me honestly. Almost more so than the other aspects..

Callouts - while this game is very respectful to the franchise . I wish there was a bit more humor or action.

Honestly I think Spooky has a very unique opportunity to turn this around and dominate the Boutique pinball
space in a way that Multimorphic has.. Open up the game to "Tinkering".. Nothing official. Just let us mod
sounds, and other assets a bit. You guys have the power to disrupt things a bit. Do it.

Granted - if I had my way.. I'd turn the game into a Mystery Science Theater Remix. Make wisecracks thru the game.
Or... Make it so METAL over the top strange... Maybe some of the new Ultraman movies will get us there.

Get a Pro Wrestler - to do commentary on the Kaiju battles... IN THIS CORNER --- BEMULARRRRRRRRR "fights"
ULTRAMANNNNN... Make it so fricking over the top that anyone 5 feet away can't help but LTAO..

Still have my Ultraman

#2161 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Did the scoop flasher get removed from the sequence when it comes from the upper playfield? That’s the only thing that people might find confusing after you explain it will always come out at the flipper. We are conditioned that a scoop can kick a ball out, and a flashing light above a scoop means it’s coming. If it’s still in there, take it out and use the light only for when you need to hit it.

#2162 1 year ago

I need to update my game to the newest code. I am a little nervous on how to do it as I dont have access to a windows computer. I only have a Mac and dont know anyone close to me that has a windows machine. Any tips?

#2163 1 year ago

I had a spot for RaM but flipped it for an NIB TMNT when the spot prices went mental. Was hard to pass up but I do wish I had received the game and put time on it. I’ll get one someday

Quoted from pinballM:

you need also a Rick & Morty, definitely a crazy game same as ACNC
I could get rid all stern pinballs for these 2 Spooky games

#2164 1 year ago

Perhaps in your situation a preformatted fat32 usb stick would be best. Then you can just download the update on your mac and copy it to the preformatted usb stick. Then follow the normal game update directions.

https://www.amazon.com/fat32-flash-drive/s

Quoted from marksf123:

I need to update my game to the newest code. I am a little nervous on how to do it as I dont have access to a windows computer. I only have a Mac and dont know anyone close to me that has a windows machine. Any tips?

#2165 1 year ago
Quoted from joejjc:

I'm UM BSE #182 and beginning to realize I've got over a year wait yet. My enthusiasm for this machine is long gone. Is there any limit on how long they can take? I bought direct from them; mistake of my life as I can't move the deposit to another machine.
I'll add this can't be fun for Spooky, either; prices on parts must be killing the margin built into these.

You sure that's your number? CEs go until at least #365. The earliest BSE # I've seen mentioned is #387

#2166 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

How many Ultraman CE (Collector Editions) will be made?

CE's go into the mid 300s. BSE starts in the mid to high 300s to around 450. Leaving 50 or so SEs

#2167 1 year ago

I was so sad when the topper would not fit in my lower-than-normal converted garage/playroom ceiling. Improvised with the led strip and some characters. I think it turned out alright while the original topper is an art piece on a shelf.

01F3D614-3CDD-436A-97CF-4DDE725D9501 (resized).jpeg01F3D614-3CDD-436A-97CF-4DDE725D9501 (resized).jpeg
#2168 1 year ago

My R&M Standard number was lower than the highest BSE. I believe it has to do with pre-allocated distributor numbers.

#2169 1 year ago

I told baby Ultraman his big brother's pinball machine will be coming soon. He is real excited.

91736724-1D37-4101-9D45-C16249A68FC7 (resized).jpeg91736724-1D37-4101-9D45-C16249A68FC7 (resized).jpeg
#2170 1 year ago
Quoted from RickyBobby1:

I was so sad when the topper would not fit in my lower-than-normal converted garage/playroom ceiling. Improvised with the led strip and some characters. I think it turned out alright while the original topper is an art piece on a shelf.
[quoted image]

Love it!
I’m a huge Ultraman fan, and getting all my toys put up around the machine

#2171 1 year ago

My UM CE #356 spot is up for sale through PinballSTAR, have a HW coming and doesn't make sense to have two games with the same layout. Cheapest CE spot on the market.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/136005

#2172 1 year ago

#208 (I was moved up a number) is on the Truck and scheduled for delivery early next week.

So close.

#2173 1 year ago

#255 is expected this Tuesday.

#2174 1 year ago

And people are now officially giving away pre-order spots for free. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/137022

#2175 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

And people are now officially giving away pre-order spots for free. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/137022

The day has arrived. 10-45D on UM

#2176 1 year ago

The game is cool as hell, so is HWN. Buyers are just spooked by the negativity of the pinside echo chamber. Especially the never ending negativity of flippers who couldn’t turn a profit. That’s not what this hobby is about. I am as excited about these games as I was about TNA RAM ACNC and even more excited about these than any tepid Stern offering. Let’s face it…STERN is good for ONE good game a year. The rest is a BORE. Anyway…just my two cents no one asked for.

Quoted from frankmac:

The day has arrived. 10-45D on UM

#2177 1 year ago

I was happy to get $6950 for mine. It is what it is. I lost $2350 but I have space for a new machine now.
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I also never know which titles I’m going to connect with and when you have to buy before you play it’s the risk you take.

#2178 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I was happy to get $6950 for mine. It is what it is. I lost $2350 but I have space for a new machine now.
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I also never know which titles I’m going to connect with and when you have to buy before you play it’s the risk you take.

Yep, I lost money as well. I'm not a "flipper" and sounds like you aren't either. Most of my games stay ~5 years.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The game is cool as hell, so is HWN. Buyers are just spooked by the negativity of the pinside echo chamber. Especially the never ending negativity of flippers who couldn’t turn a profit. That’s not what this hobby is about. I am as excited about these games as I was about TNA RAM ACNC and even more excited about these than any tepid Stern offering. Let’s face it…STERN is good for ONE good game a year. The rest is a BORE. Anyway…just my two cents no one asked for.

If you can't acknowledge that the software was wildly immature (AND NOT FUN) when this title was released, then you are living in a dream world of your own making. Sure, I can hear it now...Stern does the same thing. Nope...not on the same scale. Saying all the negativity was generated by flippers is just BS. I know many avid enthusiasts that are disappointed with this game.

I'm with you on flipper negativity, though. The number of NIB games being sold by non-distributors is very sad. Price increases are bad enough...flippers asking 10-12k for a NIB Stern Premium is pretty depressing. They do occasionally deliver 2 great games in one year...Rush and GZ are both awesome games.

#2179 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The game is cool as hell, so is HWN. Buyers are just spooked by the negativity of the pinside echo chamber.

At the end of the day, people make their own opinions & it is what it is. The games shipped with ass code, so - if that's what you played, that's what you based your opinion on. Fair play. That being said, I think there's a lot of "groupthink" on this game from people who haven't played it or only played the ass-code version of it.

As for the financial factor...sure, it does sting a bit knowing I paid "MSRP" + tax + shipping when I could have just walked away from the deposit & bought it cheaper from someone trying to throw it out the window...but, ya know - at the end of the day, when the game was announced - I wanted it and bought it. It seemed like the respectful thing to do for my distributor & Spooky to complete my purchase....and the way I figured - if I was going to "lose" money on the game, it's better to get it & play it a bunch, then sell at a loss vs. just throwing money away. If it ends up being a keeper, then the concept of "loss" is totally irrelevant anyway. I've got over 200 plays on mine & still enjoy it...it'll be really interesting to see how it is when the more evolved code drops.

#2180 1 year ago

With all due respect everyone knew that they were buying a game from a small company where the code was not going to be mature on release. If you didnt know that then you may not have been paying attention. This was not a deal breaker for me. I own Halloween and if the code were more mature I’d have it on location. For now, my game is home and I am enjoying it immensely in its current state. And my pinhead friends are also blown away by it. I am happy to watch the code develop over time and I am patient. In the meantime…I am learning the shots on all the playfields, practicing competition of all the modes and completion of the superjackpots for each playfields multiball for the day that the final wizard mode is programmed. The game is fantastic but it’s not for novice or intermediate players much like ACNC.

Quoted from snaroff:

Yep, I lost money as well. I'm not a "flipper" and sounds like you aren't either. Most of my games stay ~5 years.

If you can't acknowledge that the software was wildly immature (AND NOT FUN) when this title was released, then you are living in a dream world of your own making. Sure, I can hear it now...Stern does the same thing. Nope...not on the same scale. Saying all the negativity was generated by flippers is just BS. I know many avid enthusiasts that are disappointed with this game.
I'm with you on flipper negativity, though. The number of NIB games being sold by non-distributors is very sad. Price increases are bad enough...flippers asking 10-12k for a NIB Stern Premium is pretty depressing. They do occasionally deliver 2 great games in one year...Rush and GZ are both awesome games.

#2181 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The game is fantastic but it’s not for novice or intermediate players much like ACNC.

It's not for advanced players either because the code is still very unremarkable. Plays like an average 90s game, and I was expecting better than that after Rick and Morty.

#2182 1 year ago

Yeah? What’s your high score? Have you completed everything in the code in a single hand?

Quoted from metallik:

It's not for advanced players either because the code is still very unremarkable. Plays like an average 90s game, and I was expecting better than that after Rick and Morty.

#2183 1 year ago

I posted a 127M game in the HWN thread. Finished every pumpkin mode and was 2 SJP from the new wiz mode. My Sanitarium playfield plays very difficult and I got tired of trying to restart that MB over and over.

You can combine exactly two things in this game: a scoop mode and a main mode. That doesn't cut it (hah) these days.

TBH I haven't touched HWN since my GZ Pro showed up. The difference in code between the two games is astronomical.

#2184 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It been over a year since release! The flippers have all folded at this point.

#2185 1 year ago

Yeah and they sure don’t shut up about it haha

Quoted from frankmac:

It been over a year since release! The flippers have all folded at this point.

To your point I can get through what is coded relatively easy n a regular basis but I think the final wizard mode will present a more serious challenge to me. Most people I’ve seen play it can hardly get a mode lit and they just utterly biff the upper playfield so…to my point…we both sound like we are advanced players. So far, my friends that are good at pinball love it. And those that aren’t, hate it. If you can’t get through it well…there’s nothing to see.

Quoted from metallik:

I posted a 127M game in the HWN thread. Finished every pumpkin mode and was 2 SJP from the new wiz mode. My Sanitarium playfield plays very difficult and I got tired of trying to restart that MB over and over.
You can combine exactly two things in this game: a scoop mode and a main mode. That doesn't cut it (hah) these days.
TBH I haven't touched HWN since my GZ Pro showed up. The difference in code between the two games is astronomical.

#2186 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeah? What’s your high score? Have you completed everything in the code in a single hand?

IMO, the game is pretty tough to get through more than a few monster fights...at least for me. I haven't been able to complete the Dada mode yet (but I love it, that's my fav mode to play)....I haven't even seen the Pigmon mode yet. Yes, it is very much like a 90's game - but with way more modes. Not a bad thing, 90's games rule...but different people have different expectations. While I love my Rush, Godzilla, and JP - the depth can be exhausting. Sometimes I like a game that doesn't make me think so hard or play for 45 min to get near the "ending".

#2187 1 year ago

Ultraman #258 has shipped. Really looking forward to getting this next week. Timing is unfortunate because I'm leaving on vacation for two weeks just a few days after it arrives but hopefully I'll have time to get it set up before I go.

#2188 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I've had my Ultraman for about a week, and there is definitely a notice when the ball lifts are releasing a ball. It took me a while to get used to it, but now it's sufficient notice "for me" to play. I agree it could be more obvious, it's subtle, and the timing is much less abrupt than a VUK or popper. It takes getting used to but I actually like it.

It's spelled "Bemular" but in the American dub from the 1966 show it sounds more like "Bemlar".
https://ultra.fandom.com/wiki/Bemular

RussM

#2189 1 year ago

Excited to accept my full price, 1st day ordered #261 next week! Got a few games in at TPF and really looking forward to getting to know this one.

#2190 1 year ago

I'm an average (at best) player. When I get the mojo flowing it is very enjoyable. It feels GOOD to defeat the Kaiju. Really good.

When I don't have the flow, it very much has a chopping wood feel to me. Chop, chop, clunk, clunk, drain, repeat. Get nowhere. Feel shame.

My wife is a below average player and the wood chopping is probably why she HATES it. It isn't a "flail and score big" kind of design.

But damn, is it pretty. And different. I didn't have to endure the bad beginning code, so that hasn't tainted my view towards it at all.

Wish list improvements:

1) tweaked scoreboard
2) scoop timer pause
3) more video assets
and (gasp)
4) attract music that actually plays on it's own.

#2191 1 year ago

4 months ago...

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

It can't get much worse than this, unless deposit spots for free becomes a thing.

Today...

So what will happen to all of these deferred and unsold spots when it gets near the end of the CE run *and* there are no secondary buyers to take over those spots? Will all of those people just forfeit their deposit $ to Spooky? Will those machines even be built?

#2192 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

4 months ago...

Today...

So what will happen to all of these deferred and unsold spots when it gets near the end of the CE run *and* there are no secondary buyers to take over those spots? Will all of those people just forfeit their deposit $ to Spooky? Will those machines even be built?

That's a good question. I recall there being a large batch of brand new ACNC before the Halloween/Ultraman announcement. That was due to a large distributor order being cancelled or something, I believe I read.

#2193 1 year ago

Don't know why an ad is needed if you abandon your deposit.

#2194 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Don't know why an ad is needed if you abandon your deposit.

It's a gift to the next owner. The next guy would need to pay full price if the original buyer just defaulted.

#2195 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

4 months ago...

Today...

I’d guess that all games will be made if they have the parts for them. Why sit on a bunch of unmade or empty cabs when you can make them, box them, and hold them or get them to distributors. If it was 50 games (UM and H combined) or less that end up like this I think that would be fine.

#2196 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

attract music that actually plays on it's own.

yes, this would be nice would love to have the ultraman theme song playing while idle.

#2197 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I’d guess that all games will be made if they have the parts for them. Why sit on a bunch of unmade or empty cabs when you can make them, box them, and hold them or get them to distributors. If it was 50 games (UM and H combined) or less that end up like this I think that would be fine.

Maybe use those cabs for the next title? Distros probably wouldn't want stock of $9k game that's trading for $7k, but who knows what the future will bring.

#2198 1 year ago

Yeah, I've learned a big lesson on this one. I'm #350, so I've got a bit of time still, but I'm worried because the prices keep dropping and dropping. If the prices don't pick up by the time my invoice is due, then I'll highly consider walking away from my deposit.

I don't mind losing a bit value on the resale, but not like this. Right now, Ultraman CEs are not even worth 7k on the secondary market. That's a 2 thousand dollar loss before I've even picked up the game or had it shipped to me. I've never seen this kind of value loss on a game mid-run.

I didn't buy UM to flip, but I'll have to sell something to pay it's invoice. And it doesn’t make sense to do that if I'm gonna lose my shirt, and could just buy an UM later for even less. I might as well cut my losses and bite the 2k bullet now, rather than a 2.5k bullet later.

I guess it'll just depend on what things look like when my invoice is due, and how much I'm liking the pins I all ready have. I do think Ultraman looks fun, so we'll see.

#2199 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

4 months ago...
Quoted from Betelgeuse:
It can't get much worse than this, unless deposit spots for free becomes a thing.
Today...
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

I’d like to be quoted in 18 months when UM under $10k is a dream for people. And they will say, “remember when you could get it sub $7k or pickup a deposit spot for free? Wish I was wiser back then to jump on it”

#2200 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, I've learned a big lesson on this one. I'm #350, so I've got a bit of time still, but I'm worried because the prices keep dropping and dropping. If the prices don't pick up by the time my invoice is due, then I'll highly consider walking away from my deposit.
I don't mind losing a bit value on the resale, but not like this. Right now, Ultraman CEs are not even worth 7k on the secondary market. That's a 2 thousand dollar loss before I've even picked up the game or had it shipped to me. I've never seen this kind of value loss on a game mid-run.
I didn't buy UM to flip, but I'll have to sell something to pay it's invoice. And it doesn’t make sense to do that if I'm gonna lose my shirt, and could just buy an UM later for even less. I might as well cut my losses and bite the 2k bullet now, rather than a 2.5k bullet later.
I guess it'll just depend on what things look like when my invoice is due, and how much I'm liking the pins I all ready have. I do think Ultraman looks fun, so we'll see.

Have you played one? I was getting worried (I’m #304, so getting close), but I found one from pballjunkie on the PinMap on location and loved it, came away knowing I still wanted my game. I recently was nearby and took the opportunity to put a few more games on it… yup, still love it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/44?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.