(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 101.
#2101 1 year ago

So still waiting to get and play one down here in Australia..no idea when that's happening.. Are you Americans enjoying it so far and is it worth the wait or shoud I get a Godzilla to pass my time??

#2102 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I with the prices of like new CE’s so low, I could pick one up cheaper than paying the balance on my BSE. Has anyone just walked away from their deposit?

If you can buy a CE now for less than your BSE…do it! Especially if it’s local. And walk away. I would. That’s a fantastic deal. It’s a great game and the only reason these games are still cheap is momentum and inertia. But eventually the tide turns. A walking away would kind of stink for spooky…but eventually they’ll sell it too!

#2103 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Serial # UTM071210092.
Can anyone tell me the game # from this?

Where did you find the serial number? I can’t find mine anywhere.

#2104 1 year ago

The mods begin Got some new apron cards getting done as well.

AC06DE5B-001C-43A5-ACD7-1051C87A2FD4 (resized).pngAC06DE5B-001C-43A5-ACD7-1051C87A2FD4 (resized).png
#2105 1 year ago

Ultraman was a big hit last night. Had all the games on and Ultraman was the most popular. Everyone seemed to enjoy the unique theme and flow of the game. Many positive comments on the lighting and art package.

I also installed the IPS screen upgrade, and the image is very clear now. Has anyone adjusted any of the monitor settings or just left them as default?

#2106 1 year ago

Visiting from the HW thread, has anyone’s UM experienced a locked-on/smoking coil?

#2107 1 year ago

What a long way since the release of AMH
Thank you Spooky for existing, I'm a big fan, I love each of your creations.
Fun, humor, incredible rules, flow, solid machines. this is a BBB academy ?
I've been collecting pinballs machines since 2002, and i've never seen anything like it.
Keep it up, you're the undisputed number one

... Ultraman is next

#2108 1 year ago

How many Ultraman CE (Collector Editions) will be made?

#2109 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Where did you find the serial number? I can’t find mine anywhere.

Inside the cabinet, on the right side of the cabinet near the front.

IMG-5216 (resized).jpgIMG-5216 (resized).jpg
#2110 1 year ago

Quoted from pinballM:

How many Ultraman CE's will be produced out of the 500?

#2111 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

How many Ultraman CE (Collector Editions) will be made?

I believe that nearly all of the 500 machines are CEs. only spooky would have the exact number. they simplified their ordering system for halloween and ultraman (compared to all of the options that you could add for rick & morty).

the only choices this time around were if you wanted a CE or a bloodsuckers edition and if you wanted a butter cabinet.

#2112 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I believe that nearly all of the 500 machines are CEs. only spooky would have the exact number. they simplified their ordering system for halloween and ultraman (compared to all of the options that you could add for rick & morty).
the only choices this time around were if you wanted a CE or a bloodsuckers edition and if you wanted a butter cabinet.

I thought there were also standard editions of HW/UM and they were to be built last? I might be wrong though.

#2113 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

I thought there were also standard editions of HW/UM and they were to be built last? I might be wrong though.

Nope. You are correct. I have a BSE in the 400s.

Probably less than 50 Standards.

#2114 1 year ago

This is the breakdown the date estimate spreadsheet has. Seems oddly specific with numbers ending in either 0 or 5, but are probably estimates as the spreadsheet was made long before the owner list threads were very well populated. If you want exact numbers you’d have to go to those threads and see where the CE ends and BSE starts and do the same for standards.

E2647226-6F0F-4672-A3F4-C5B1A45E2BAE (resized).jpegE2647226-6F0F-4672-A3F4-C5B1A45E2BAE (resized).jpeg
#2115 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

This is the breakdown the date estimate spreadsheet has.

So, since I ordered a BSE UM I can expect to wait until ALL the HW and UM CEs are made? If I understood that right then we won't see any BSEs till at LEAST next year.

#2116 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

So, since I ordered a BSE UM I can expect to wait until ALL the HW and UM CEs are made? If I understood that right then we won't see any BSEs till at LEAST next year.

That is my understanding. My UM BSE spot moved into 2023 early on in 2022, again all according to the estimates based on delivery dates of games. I’m fine with that. Have to pay for a GZ premium soon and don’t mind a little recovery time til UM.

#2117 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I find this aspect kind of annoying. I ordered a BSE HWN thinking it would be somewhere in the middle of the run, not in the final month of production almost 2 years later. I understand how it worked out this way, but I wouldn't have expected 90% of buyers to order a CE.

#2118 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I find this aspect kind of annoying. I ordered a BSE HWN thinking it would be somewhere in the middle of the run, not in the final month of production almost 2 years later. I understand how it worked out this way, but I wouldn't have expected 90% of buyers to order a CE.

Yep, we planned to get our BSE sometime this summer. It is sounding more like NEXT summer now. Means we'll have the space for ONE MORE machine till then.

#2119 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Same thing happened with Rick & Morty, like around 700 BSEs (top of the line for R&M) and 50 standards.

#2120 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Yep, we planned to get our BSE sometime this summer. It is sounding more like NEXT summer now. Means we'll have the space for ONE MORE machine till then.

With Spooky nearing 300 on UM and 676 on Halloween, that is 900-ish in right? I know they don't produce in true numerical order and there are some people who asked to be skipped, but didn't spooky say they are doing 40 per week now? At that rate they should finish up this year, parts shortage notwithstanding? Or are people getting updates on timing from distributors? Spooky always gets faster during the course of a run.

#2121 1 year ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

With Spooky nearing 300 on UM and 676 on Halloween, that is 900-ish in right? I know they don't produce in true numerical order and there are some people who asked to be skipped, but didn't spooky say they are doing 40 per week now? At that rate they should finish up this year, parts shortage notwithstanding? Or are people getting updates on timing from distributors? Spooky always gets faster during the course of a run.

I'm sure parts has something to do with it. At one point, they had like 50 games assembled, but waiting on boards, I believe, per one of the threads.

#2122 1 year ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

With Spooky nearing 300 on UM

They haven't got much past 200 yet.

I paid for 209 over 3 weeks ago. Still has not shipped. I am guessing they are waiting on parts again.

#2123 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Pretty sure that was very clearly laid out for whatever small amount of time we actually had to order LOL.

#2124 1 year ago

Pop bumpers is one area where we haven't seen much innovation in years. I bet there is a way to do them without loosing all that real estate.

#2125 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Pop bumpers is one area where we haven't seen much innovation in years. I bet there is a way to do them without loosing all that real estate.

I know it’s nothing new but I like what TNA and Godzilla did with the single pop.

#2126 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Pretty sure that was very clearly laid out for whatever small amount of time we actually had to order LOL.

Like I said, I understand why it worked out the way it did. I just didn't expect to be at the very end of the line by buying the mid-tier offering. Paying extra to get in line before SEs are built doesn't mean much when they will only spend 2 weeks making SEs. The only other perk of any significance on the BSE is the powder coating, which we still haven't seen and apparently is at risk of rubbing away after 20 games anyway. It just seems like the worst bang-for-your-buck model to buy at this point.

#2127 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The only other perk of any significance on the BSE is the powder coating, which we still haven't seen and apparently is at risk of rubbing away after 20 games anyway.

What are you talking about here? I picked the BSE because of the dark powder coating, not the electric blue. How could anyone even possibly know that since not a single BSE has been made?

#2128 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

What are you talking about here? I picked the BSE because of the dark powder coating, not the electric blue. How could anyone even possibly know that since not a single BSE has been made?

Sorry for the confusion, but I'm talking about the BSE of HWN, not UM. I kind of got pulled into a tangent there. Only photoshop mockups of the BSE for HWN have been shown. And my comments about the powder rubbing off are because that's what's happened to a lot of CEs already from what I've seen.

#2129 1 year ago

There is no danger of the BSE powder coat rubbing off on either title. That was an issue with metallic vein on the CE which I believe is being addressed by the coating company applying more clear. Mine has over 150 plays with no sign of wear.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Like I said, I understand why it worked out the way it did. I just didn't expect to be at the very end of the line by buying the mid-tier offering. Paying extra to get in line before SEs are built doesn't mean much when they will only spend 2 weeks making SEs. The only other perk of any significance on the BSE is the powder coating, which we still haven't seen and apparently is at risk of rubbing away after 20 games anyway. It just seems like the worst bang-for-your-buck model to buy at this point.

#2130 1 year ago

Pretty sure everyone knows that not a single BSE has been made. They were very upfront about CEs first. The value was so good that 90% of people bought CE on both titles so If you bought a lesser model your wait time is loooong

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

#2131 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There is no danger of the BSE powder coat rubbing off on either title. That was an issue with metallic vein on the CE which I believe is being addressed by the coating company applying more clear. Mine has over 150 plays with no sign of wear.

Well, we can HOPE the issue is resolved, but the fact is that if the powder on the BSE does rub off, it might has well have been an SE model. I just feel that we are already taking enough of a beating on these games.

#2132 1 year ago

I'm UM BSE #182 and beginning to realize I've got over a year wait yet. My enthusiasm for this machine is long gone. Is there any limit on how long they can take? I bought direct from them; mistake of my life as I can't move the deposit to another machine.

I'll add this can't be fun for Spooky, either; prices on parts must be killing the margin built into these.

#2133 1 year ago

The powder coat on the BSE WILL NOT RUB OFF. This is not an issue. If it’s not metallic vein powder (which it’s not) it is not in danger of rubbing off.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Well, we can HOPE the issue is resolved, but the fact is that if the powder on the BSE does rub off, it might has well have been an SE model. I just feel that we are already taking enough of a beating on these games.

#2134 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The powder coat on the BSE WILL NOT RUB OFF. This is not an issue. If it’s not metallic vein powder (which it’s not) it is not in danger of rubbing off.

Agreed. From this video, it's the reason I went bse over standard.

#2135 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

The mods begin Got some new apron cards getting done as well.
[quoted image]

Dude, when is that Dada hitting the Pinside marketplace? Is that something off the shelf? Very cool!!

#2136 1 year ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Dude, when is that Dada hitting the Pinside marketplace? Is that something off the shelf? Very cool!!

Picked it up locally, likely find one on ebay.

#2137 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I know it’s nothing new but I like what TNA and Godzilla did with the single pop.

I also like what Iron Maiden did with the pops.

#2138 1 year ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

I also like what Iron Maiden did with the pops.

You mean stealing them from Congo and reversing them?

rd

#2139 1 year ago

Shot through pops seems like a hallmark of Pat Lawlor. Though Elwin has certainly used them a lot as of late in 3 different and unique ways on IMDN, JP, and AIQ. The pop on GZ is fun for how punishing it can be on a late scoop shot, though maddening when the upper magnet tosses the ball to a pop-outlane-power-drain. There are some early development photos of GZ being two pops there before changing one to a scoop

#2140 1 year ago

Thoughts? Looks good or overkill?

2B382613-F01B-4571-90C5-E3AADA2F7AB6 (resized).jpeg2B382613-F01B-4571-90C5-E3AADA2F7AB6 (resized).jpeg
#2141 1 year ago

Dada

8E4E123E-2D4B-45B3-B55D-5B86612FB338 (resized).jpeg8E4E123E-2D4B-45B3-B55D-5B86612FB338 (resized).jpeg
#2142 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Dada [quoted image]

What the game should have these figures! Looks good to me....

#2143 1 year ago

Only depending on how "accurate" you want to be. Technically that's an Ultraseven figure.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultraseven_(character)

That Dada figure is great!

#2144 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

They haven't got much past 200 yet.
I paid for 209 over 3 weeks ago. Still has not shipped. I am guessing they are waiting on parts again.

Same here. #205. Other than lack of parts, can’t imagine why UM shipping has been at a standstill for so long.

#2145 1 year ago

Trying to fix an issue; can someone please throw their UM into Switch Test and drop this target and tell me what switch number it comes up as?

drop target (resized).jpgdrop target (resized).jpg
#2146 1 year ago

For information, you can order shooter lane protectors from Cliffy, as they are the same than acnc

#2147 1 year ago

Spooky Suggestion:

At the science patrol drop target there is a switch in the back (need to hit to register a shot) and an opto behind the drop target. The opto is only used to tell if a ball is behind the drop target and nothing else. It would be a nice addition to use that opto for a SFX call when the ball enters and exits. Swooosh VFX plays as it passes and a Swoosh for passing by it again on the way back. This will make that shot feel much more rewarding and give great feedback to the player. GOTG has this SFX feedback and it makes that orb shot so satisfying to get that audio feedback.

Zarab mode text still says to “hit targets in an order” this is no longer the case for this mode. The text should be updated to reflect the mode rules.

#2148 1 year ago

I love Spooky and want to love UM, but it needs work.
I am hoping it will turn out like Houdini and become a keeper.

There must be better notice/warning that the ball is coming down the out lanes or the game is done for.
Make the flipper flip or a call out before the ball shows up.
Everyone who plays this finds it madding that there ball has drained before they even know it. Folks here just walk away from it in disgust after missing the balls being fed to the flippers.

Anyhow, how do you spell Benular/Bemular?

When is more content coming for UM?

IMG-5220 (resized).jpgIMG-5220 (resized).jpg
#2149 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

What a long way since the release of AMH
Thank you Spooky for existing, I'm a big fan, I love each of your creations.
Fun, humor, incredible rules, flow, solid machines. this is a BBB academy ?
I've been collecting pinballs machines since 2002, and i've never seen anything like it.
Keep it up, you're the undisputed number one
... Ultraman is next

If you don't have one yet, I have a CE spot ready for the line selling for less than msrp

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/43?hl=stf_dnx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.