(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

10 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,844 posts
  • 204 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by PanzerKraken
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Resized_20220702_074851 (resized).jpeg
Resized_20220702_081019 (resized).jpeg
Resized_20220702_081225 (resized).jpeg
20220806_144906 (resized).jpg
20220806_132909 (resized).jpg
20220806_145015 (resized).jpg
20220806_152141 (resized).jpg
647554CA-B842-4140-9A40-F2F9168F8921 (resized).jpeg
17033ACE-A776-4106-8FBC-D0DE7E6B1DE9 (resized).jpeg
After (resized).jpg
Before (resized).jpg
35FC56DD-E9D1-4FAB-B950-32F7EBE39831 (resized).jpeg
3971F38B-625E-4FA3-AA08-AE3055497A89 (resized).jpeg
ball hang (resized).jpg
5A3BB02D-DD84-4438-A7C2-9469D457721C (resized).jpeg
38385197-E7C6-46A4-86E9-435EF72DCC56 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 57.
#2051 81 days ago

Anyone know what size the Spooky box is? And how wide the head is? My game is showing up in two days and I want to make sure it’ll fit through my doorway haha

#2052 81 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone know what size the Spooky box is? And how wide the head is? My game is showing up in two days and I want to make sure it’ll fit through my doorway haha

One of two games that wouldn't fit in my SUV. That and a Pistol Poker. Never had a problem with a Stern, Bally, Williams or JJP, but Spooky seemed a big higher for some reason.

#2053 80 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

One of two games that wouldn't fit in my SUV. That and a Pistol Poker. Never had a problem with a Stern, Bally, Williams or JJP, but Spooky seemed a big higher for some reason.

Was it the actual size of the game or just the fact that Eddie and I wrapped the absolute crap out of it. That thing had like 4 layers of protection haha.

I will say as far as the doorway goes, I have under 30” of horizontal clearance and I got the game through. I think it’s just a hair over 29” if I remember correctly.

#2054 80 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Mine has arrived this morning, box is 30*32*57

#2055 80 days ago

I just paid for #255 today. Does anyone know what Ultraman CE they are at?

#2056 79 days ago
Quoted from dracula40:

I just paid for #255 today. Does anyone know what Ultraman CE they are at?

I don't know what the last number was, but I'm excited!
I'm #291

#2057 79 days ago

Anyone else getting a lot of ball restarts on the current code?

Example: playing ball 1 and ball 1 in play, then a second ball is launched into play and the screen shows you are now on ball 2.

#2058 79 days ago

Wondering if anyone decided to try and load the Halloween code on their Ultraman despite being told not to? LOL

#2059 79 days ago
Quoted from Mando:

Wondering if anyone decided to try and load the Halloween code on their Ultraman despite being told not to? LOL

I'm waiting for someone brave enough to try

#2060 79 days ago
Quoted from Mando:

It will not work. License holders are much more stringent then they used to be, which has a lot to do with the copyright of the on screen assets. The computer and Pinotar inside each game is locked in as a specific game. If you try to load the opposite code on the game it will pull up a screen that says to please contact Spooky Pinball.

#2061 79 days ago

Really enjoying Ultraman. Starting to dig into strategies and what can stack with what modes. What to start first etc. can someone explain what these 3 inserts are for? One is pigmon mode rdy, but the other 2? Thanks

3E3C311E-836E-4613-B3A0-89980D2B6C02 (resized).jpeg
#2062 79 days ago

I just paid for #302. PinballStar was the distributor.

#2063 79 days ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

I just paid for #302. PinballStar was the distributor.

There will be a long hiatus after the 350s. Once all the CEs are produced, BSEs will be on hold while they finish up Halloween CEs.

#2064 79 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It will not work. License holders are much more stringent then they used to be, which has a lot to do with the copyright of the on screen assets. The computer and Pinotar inside each game is locked in as a specific game. If you try to load the opposite code on the game it will pull up a screen that says to please contact Spooky Pinball.

After we contact support, then you hook us up! Spooky is the bestest!

#2065 79 days ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

There will be a long hiatus after the 350s. Once all the CEs are produced, BSEs will be on hold while they finish up Halloween CEs.

I might have to do a little research into the CE numbers for H when this happens. I’m a BSE UM, so will be in for a wait, which is fine. GZ premium expected in august, so will give me time to reload the war chest a little before UM time.

#2066 78 days ago

Am I correct in assuming the game has no pop bumpers?

#2067 78 days ago

Yes

Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Am I correct in assuming the game has no pop bumpers?

#2068 78 days ago

Dumb question I know but,
Why doesn't Spooky do pop bumpers?
I passed on Alice Cooper because it didn't have any and now Ultraman?
I am on the fence about buying an UM le.
Thanks in advance.

#2069 78 days ago

Pops slow down gameplay and are kinda useless imo. So…If a game that has two upper playfields AND pops you’d hardly ever get the ball returned to the flippers haha. Get the game, try something new!

Thanks in advance.

#2070 78 days ago

Thanks in advance.

I’ll sell you mine. One owner, zero plays.

Edit - zero complete games.

#2071 78 days ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:Why doesn't Spooky do pop bumpers?

There's a Pop Bumper in Rick and Morty!

#2072 78 days ago

Thanks in advance.

Have you ever played The Shadow? One of the best games on the planet and no pop bumpers. Pops are fun but they disrupt flow. I don’t miss pops on my Halloween at all. I don’t think you will miss them on Ultraman.

#2073 78 days ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Have you ever played The Shadow? One of the best games on the planet and no pop bumpers. Pops are fun but they disrupt flow. I don’t miss pops on my Halloween at all. I don’t think you will miss them on Ultraman.

I loved my Judge Dredd. No pops on that game.

#2074 78 days ago

Pops are great. Pop bumper clusters that can’t drain a ball are boring.

#2075 78 days ago

Thanks in advance.

I’m going to take a hard take here: but pop bumpers are way overdone and a frequently just a filler that don’t add any value to game play. I am so glad spooky is not wasting space on them.

#2076 78 days ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I loved my Judge Dredd. No pops on that game.

Yeah I really love pops when they have a risk/reward element, like shooting through a set to get to a shot (Aerosmith, Maiden). Or I like them when they are strategically placed to cause some chaos on the playfield (Rick and Morty, TNA, Godzilla).

#2077 78 days ago

Pat Lawlor's pop layout where you have to get past them for the Gangway shot on Funhouse or thread them for the Dead End shot on Twilight Zone are a lot of fun when you make them.

#2078 78 days ago
Quoted from Mofkoel:

Pat Lawlor's pop layout where you have to get past them for the Gangway shot on Funhouse or thread them for the Dead End shot on Twilight Zone are a lot of fun when you make them.

TAF and Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (CE) have them too and are super fun. And there's something to be said for having a shooter dump into the pops.

#2079 78 days ago

Anyone receive an Ultraman, lately?

#209 was invoiced and paid for almost 3 weeks ago...still haven't received any shipping contact.

#2080 78 days ago

I’ll add my 10c …

Stern uses pop clusters to slow the ball for a while so people on location think they’re playing longer. Gary Stern (and employees) have said that a few times.

Unless pops have a purpose, then in my mind they are generally just a lazy way to use up playfield real estate.

Rick and Morty and Godzilla have clever uses of pops - of course borrowed from games from the 70s and 80s (particularly Gottliebs)

On my Led Zeppelin build I added a lower pop to add some risk/reward when you’re shooting the collect hole. It also adds some chaos to the lower part of the playfield. (Pic below)

On my new original design, you’ll see some other creative pop ideas come into play.

rd

B7D0AA74-308C-471F-8706-ABEDDABB501A (resized).jpeg
#2081 78 days ago

I'm currently sitting next to a Rob Zombie that has some crazy pop bumpers. Personally, I like them, but they do tend to take up a lot of real estate.

#2082 77 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’ll add my 10c …
Stern uses pop clusters to slow the ball for a while so people on location think they’re playing longer. Gary Stern (and employees) have said that a few times.
Unless pops have a purpose, then in my mind they are generally just a lazy way to use up playfield real estate.
Rick and Morty and Godzilla have clever uses of pops - of course borrowed from games from the 70s and 80s (particularly Gottliebs)
On my Led Zeppelin build I added a lower pop to add some risk/reward when you’re shooting the collect hole. It also adds some chaos to the lower part of the playfield. (Pic below)
On my new original design, you’ll see some other creative pop ideas come into play.
rd[quoted image]

Pretty amazing! Who did your playfield?

#2083 77 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Pretty amazing! Who did your playfield?

I made it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-bally-led-zeppelin-retheme

That one was a re-gig of a 1976 machine.

This next one is totally made from scratch. Playfield, cabinet, everything. All hand made with Makita battery tools. Lol

rd

#2084 77 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’ve heard Gary say several times (though now years ago) they put them on games because players expected them on games. He said something like “when people think of pinball they think of pops” and so “we put them on every game”. I can’t remember exactly what he said but that was the jest of it.

I’m so pleased designers are getting more creative with layouts and not recycling the same things over and over, pops can be really cool in machines like TNA, Godzilla and R&M…but they are just so over used. Kudos to Spooky for leading the way to a popless future!

#2085 77 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Kudos to Spooky for leading the way to a popless future!

I’ve said before, that’s why I like the Spooky games. They’re just different from the other cookie cutter stuff that’s out there.

I was playing Alice Cooper last night. All the modes are completely different to each other, and different from what other companies are doing.

And hey - that’s going to put them on the outer with some people, because they don’t like anything “outside the norm”. Flail away on a Stern and after 5 minutes, you’ll have a bunch of points. Flail away on ACNC, and unless you start a mode or a MB, you will have NO POINTS. And some peoples egos don’t like that.

rd

#2086 77 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’ve said before, that’s why I like the Spooky games. They’re just different from the other cookie cutter stuff that’s out there.
I was playing Alice Cooper last night. All the modes are completely different to each other, and different from what other companies are doing.
And hey - that’s going to put them on the outer with some people, because they don’t like anything “outside the norm”. Flail away on a Stern and after 5 minutes, you’ll have a bunch of points. Flail away on ACNC, and unless you start a mode or a MB, you will have NO POINTS. And some peoples egos don’t like that.
rd

We appreciate the support. I find it the same when I'm playing games in the wild. I'll pass up on playing quite a few games, because they seem to be routed everywhere or they play so similar to other games, but when someone has a less common games like Radical! or Time Machine; I'm immediately drawn to them. Different may not always appeal to everyone, but these different games always seem to find their way into the hands of those who cherish them.

#2087 77 days ago

Added Comet star post light kits to my UM.
Really like them, and how easy the install was

Review and instructions on my blog
https://thepinballloft.com/

Last 2 images are after install, followed by what it looked like before

IMG_6192 (resized).JPEGIMG_6196 (resized).JPEG

AFTER INSTALL
IMG_6193 (resized).JPEG

BEFORE INSTALL

IMG_6012 (resized).JPEG

#2089 76 days ago

Anyone know how to fix one of the inlane lifters not sitting flat? The right one is flat and the ball flows fine but the left sticks up a bit and is a bit ridged and makes the ball get stuck

02E97866-E2EE-483E-B222-ABB20BBC05E3 (resized).jpeg
#2090 76 days ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Anyone know how to fix one of the inlane lifters not sitting flat? The right one is flat and the ball flows fine but the left sticks up a bit and is a bit ridged and makes the ball get stuck
[quoted image]

Mine was actually catching on the slingshot plastics so I had to loosen it and adjust 1mm to the right. check that first and make sure it has no interference when a ball goes up and down.

Then flip it like a pancake. It's a symmetrical piece.

#2091 75 days ago

Mine had the same problem. There’s a post that loosens that holds that flap of metal flat. You just have to screw the post back in while holding the flap flat against the playfield.

#2092 75 days ago
C97568CF-2EDC-49D4-9FAA-0F8DD2F070D1 (resized).jpeg
#2093 75 days ago
Quoted from mslow:

[quoted image]

That did it! Thanks for the help. Otherwise game is playing flawless zero issues besides that small one that I had a feeling was just something a little too tight as it is a thin piece of metal. Everything shoots amazing and works well, once I have more games I could probably do a full review but first impressions are great I just may need to do some adjustments to the center ramp as I see what some others are saying about some rejects when trying to hit it backhand or if its not directly on. Also would love like others have suggested to keep progress between balls as an option. Without a doubt the best looking game I have seen and with the code progressing like it is this can easily be top 10.

image0 (2) (resized).jpeg
#2094 75 days ago

Well.........I've been holding off on updating code and finally last night was like WTF am I waiting for? Brand new USB drive, latest code, several beers into my day, and bricked my game. I'm gonna blame the beer for this failure.

The upload looked like it was going to be a success and game said restart and when I did it bricked. I think I messed up because I pulled the USB before I restarted. I betcha if I had left the drive in when I restarted it would have been successful.

Guess I'll be emailing Spooky unless someone has a solution they care to share.

#2095 75 days ago

I with the prices of like new CE’s so low, I could pick one up cheaper than paying the balance on my BSE. Has anyone just walked away from their deposit?

#2096 75 days ago

I just brought home UM CE butter. Serial # UTM071210092.
Can anyone tell me the game # from this?

How can I tell the current code?

The code does not display on the screen upon power up.
It does show Starting Version Z3Z or 232, followed by "Welcome to Pinix etc."

If it is on the original code I was considering updating it.

thanks,

#2097 75 days ago

I just brought home UM CE butter. Serial # UTM071210092.
Can anyone tell me the game # from this?
How can I tell the current code?
The code does not display on the screen upon power up.
It does show Starting Version Z3Z or 232, followed by "Welcome to Pinix etc."
If it is on the original code I was considering updating it.
thanks,

Game number 92, per the last 3 digits.

#2098 75 days ago

If anyone here doesn't have a game but is interested I am only asking what I paid for it and also a few trade options. Happy Memorial Day all!

#2099 75 days ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I with the prices of like new CE’s so low, I could pick one up cheaper than paying the deposit on my BSE. Has anyone just walked away from their deposit?

I keep seeing spots up for sale for game numbers that should have already been built, but the build was 'deferred' by the buyer. I'm wondering what happens to these spots when it gets to the end of the CE run.

#2100 75 days ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I keep seeing spots up for sale for game numbers that should have already been built, but the build was 'deferred' by the buyer. I'm wondering what happens to these spots when it gets to the end of the CE run.

IF you want to delay your build, Spooky will usually let you push it to the end of the production for your Model.

So, those numbers will be built before they switch to the BSE Editions.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Framingham , MA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 57.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!