(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

10 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,844 posts
  • 204 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by PanzerKraken
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Resized_20220702_074851 (resized).jpeg
Resized_20220702_081019 (resized).jpeg
Resized_20220702_081225 (resized).jpeg
20220806_144906 (resized).jpg
20220806_132909 (resized).jpg
20220806_145015 (resized).jpg
20220806_152141 (resized).jpg
647554CA-B842-4140-9A40-F2F9168F8921 (resized).jpeg
17033ACE-A776-4106-8FBC-D0DE7E6B1DE9 (resized).jpeg
After (resized).jpg
Before (resized).jpg
35FC56DD-E9D1-4FAB-B950-32F7EBE39831 (resized).jpeg
3971F38B-625E-4FA3-AA08-AE3055497A89 (resized).jpeg
ball hang (resized).jpg
5A3BB02D-DD84-4438-A7C2-9469D457721C (resized).jpeg
38385197-E7C6-46A4-86E9-435EF72DCC56 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 57.
#2001 86 days ago

Some of y’all who are amped about the new code and happy with the game should go give it a pinside rating. I know it seems stupid but it’ll help pull this game out of the 200’s and into the top 100 where it belongs. Halloween is hanging about #69 no reason why a game with the same exact layout should be so far behind. It’s ludicrous. People beg manufacturers for PACKED games Spooky gives it to em and then people drag it for sport. Nutzo.

#2002 86 days ago

My Japanese Mother in Law loving some Ultraman pinball! Brings back childhood memories!

20220517_204120 (resized).jpg
#2003 86 days ago

Day 2 of owning Ultraman CE and I love it even more. Played a good number of games last night and heard one of my favorite Ultraman theme songs. It was glorious and I sang along as it played. Oh pinside. . . . another great game that gets the hate. Well not from me this game is excellent! Keep up the good work on the code Spooky the science team appreciates it.

#2004 86 days ago

For Mac users, you can use the ISO image and Unetbootin:

https://unetbootin.github.io/

Use the defaults for "USB Boot" and when it's done writing, plug the USB in and turn on the game. A bunch of scary Linux screens will come up - just ignore them until you get a blue screen that offers reboot. Turn the machine off, unplug the USB, and turn it on. It'll be updated now.

Spooky, consider throwing the text in a tmux session and putting a loading screen up so you don't terrify the non-Linux people.

#2005 85 days ago
Quoted from mummite:

Day 2 of owning Ultraman CE and I love it even more. Played a good number of games last night and heard one of my favorite Ultraman theme songs. It was glorious and I sang along as it played. Oh pinside. . . . another great game that gets the hate. Well not from me this game is excellent! Keep up the good work on the code Spooky the science team appreciates it.

UM got hate for how it was at launch and for the next few months after. By all accounts the game is much more refined and fun than it used to be.

If a game is good and a game is fun, then eventually the crowd figures it out.

#2006 85 days ago

I just wish we had the same community over here vs the Halloween thread. I’m sure it’ll always be more subdued due to less members and more obscure theme but it’s dead quiet. It truly seems like game suggestions and mode ideas from the public are well received on that forum by Spooky. I’d love to hear ideas from people who really know the show and can speak to steps that add immersion and help this game be great. I’m not familiar enough with the material.

What I can say is I have a feeling this game can be great. How to get it there and make it truly special? That’s what we need the community feedback for.

#2007 85 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

I just wish we had the same community over here vs the Halloween thread. I’m sure it’ll always be more subdued due to less members and more obscure theme but it’s dead quiet. It truly seems like game suggestions and mode ideas from the public are well received on that forum by Spooky. I’d love to hear ideas from people who really know the show and can speak to steps that add immersion and help this game be great. I’m not familiar enough with the material.
What I can say is I have a feeling this game can be great. How to get it there and make it truly special? That’s what we need the community feedback for.

We're just a happier bunch of people than the HWN thread and happy to have something cool and shiny in the den. Besides, it's quiet because we're playing the hell out of UM and enjoying life. Kaiju camp > horror murder. Sorry but come on. And that's no knock on Spooky for doing HWN--it's a cult classic and Carpenter is a craftsman of some of the best films, or at least most influential, films in recent history. Still, pinball is arcades and goofiness in my mind. UM fits that bill.

What I will say is this group is really helpful with bugs and little UM quirks (like that damn Jirahs timer).

We're the smaller run. But we're the better run. Silence is the price of greatness on pinside.

#2008 85 days ago

TigerLaw what was the reaction of your family and pinball group to the new update?

#2009 85 days ago

Once #209 gets here, I'll be making more noise.

The wait is killing me, though.

#2010 85 days ago
Quoted from mummite:

. . . another great game that gets the hate.

Indeed, too many criticize what Spooky does best, which is having the balls to make unique, risky, yet awesome layouts that stand out in any collection, and niche themes that many feel very fortunate to have, that no other company would make.

The Pinside noise and fear-mongering is in stark contrast to the 100s of Spooky owners I've connected with, which often gush about their Spooky games and will never sell.

#2011 85 days ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Indeed, too many criticize what Spooky does best, which is having the balls to make unique, risky, yet awesome layouts that stand out in any collection, and niche themes that many feel very fortunate to have, that no other company would make.
The Pinside noise and fear-mongering is in stark contrast to the 100s of Spooky owners I've connected with, which often gush about their Spooky games and will never sell.

Just got code 1.07 going on my Mac (used the ISO download option and free Balena Etcher program to write the ISO to the USB directly). You have to be patient once you plug it into the machine and wait through many scary screens/lines of code but int he ned it worked great! The new Wizard mode (which I had to try to ensure the code update worked was so fun! With another wizard mode coming, new animations and UI, this game is going to really be fantastic and well-rounded.

#2012 85 days ago

Anyone given much thought on how to better integrate the upper playfields?

Not sure if it’s possible but can we use the drawbridge as a lock for a new multiball or monster fight? It’d be Awesome having to stack 3 balls over the bridge before they all drop into play.

#2013 85 days ago

Spooky has a written bunch of ways to integrate the sanitarium (not sure what’s it’s called on UM) upper playfield but have not implemented them in the code yet. We have been discussing it pretty heavily in the HWN thread. They havnt said exactly what will be going in there but my thoughts were

- progressive mystery awards based on standup target hits 20 - 1x playfield 30 - 2x playfield 40 - 3x playfield 50 - extra ball 60 - mode bomb to collect all shots in a mode 70 - Super bomb to collect all shots in multi etc etc

- Hedge add a ball / Drop sanitarium target and shoot the outhole in multi for add a ball

etc etc…. I had a bunch more and now I forget haha

Quoted from paulbaptise:

Anyone given much thought on how to better integrate the upper playfields?
Not sure if it’s possible but can we use the drawbridge as a lock for a new multiball or monster fight? It’d be Awesome having to stack 3 balls over the bridge before they all drop into play.

#2014 85 days ago

Stuck ball tonight solved with a strip of foam
Ball got stuck under metal cover near outhole on the headquarters playfield
Had to use a mirror and flashlight to find the ball!
Arrow shows the reflection of the ball and circle is where it was sitting

519BEEBB-51DB-4ADD-B23B-BA428DF3F842 (resized).jpegC1F1832C-6685-4ECF-AD90-4318CA2965D9 (resized).jpegDA3FF941-6209-4471-88DC-1AB78CB13F2C (resized).jpeg2939FD39-DB48-495C-AFD1-40FA218747DD (resized).jpeg
#2015 85 days ago

Updated this morning, but only played 1 game before my kid woke up.

I noticed the “Baltan wave” when the ball comes back on the left wireform. Cute effect! One suggestion - the wave should follow the ball movement. Back to front instead of front to back.

#2016 85 days ago

Going to be joining the Ultraman group this weekend Really enjoyed the game at Pinfest. Will I like the game so much I will cancel my GZ order? I think they will look great beside each other in any case. Any suggested mods out there yet for the game? I think a speaker grill decal would look great, maybe I will see if Wizard Mods will put one together. Cheers.

#2017 85 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Any suggested mods out there yet for the game?

I would like an LED strip by the flippers that ties into the cascading LED strips already in game. It can get a bit dark between the flippers and will even out the lighting a bit. I have something like this on my MB Remake.

#2018 84 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Going to be joining the Ultraman group this weekend Really enjoyed the game at Pinfest. Will I like the game so much I will cancel my GZ order? I think they will look great beside each other in any case. Any suggested mods out there yet for the game? I think a speaker grill decal would look great, maybe I will see if Wizard Mods will put one together. Cheers.

I am planning on having both GZ and Ultraman together eventually. Make a nice monsterish line up with JP/GZ/UM.

#2019 84 days ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

I am planning on having both GZ and Ultraman together eventually.

I think a lot of people will want this combination. Many Godzilla owners will be disappointed they won't be able to get their hands on one.

#2020 84 days ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

I think a lot of people will want this combination. Many Godzilla owners will be disappointed they won't be able to get their hands on one.

I currently have that combo..

#2021 84 days ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Same!

#2022 84 days ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

and to be honest I do have a GZ premium on order but won't see it till the fall. No worries, plenty of UM to play in the meantime.

#2023 84 days ago

I too will have a Godzilla Premium next to my Ultraman. A true Kaiju battle.

#2025 84 days ago

Love the game since I got it a couple weeks ago.

I got a code question for the spooky crew…

Is the Jirah timer supposed to stop when the ball enters the scoop?

You loose a lot of time waiting for the ball to kick out. Also, when you have the kaiju battle lit and hit the scoop during the Jirah timed mode, the timer keeps going while you choose what Kaiju to battle then you have to wait for the kickout after. Seems like such a penalty for hitting that scoop during the mode.

#2026 84 days ago

This is going to be addressed in a future update.

Quoted from Izzy24:

Love the game since I got it a couple weeks ago.
I got a code question for the spooky crew…
Is the Jirah timer supposed to stop when the ball enters the scoop?
You loose a lot of time waiting for the ball to kick out. Also, when you have the kaiju battle lit and hit the scoop during the Jirah timed mode, the timer keeps going while you choose what Kaiju to battle then you have to wait for the kickout after. Seems like such a penalty for hitting that scoop during the mode.

#2028 83 days ago

I will 'hopefully' be picking my game up in a couple days from a shipment center and was wondering, has anyone moved the game in box laying down? I know they are shipped upright and have the tilt indicator to make sure it stayed upright but am worried about moving it standing up in a small enclosed trailer with straps. Also, anyone know which side of the box is the 'top' of the game? I would imagine if i did lie it down it should be lying with the glass facing up.

#2029 83 days ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

I will 'hopefully' be picking my game up in a couple days from a shipment center and was wondering, has anyone moved the game in box laying down? I know they are shipped upright and have the tilt indicator to make sure it stayed upright but am worried about moving it standing up in a small enclosed trailer with straps. Also, anyone know which side of the box is the 'top' of the game? I would imagine if i did lie it down it should be lying with the glass facing up.

Yes, you can ship that thing lying down. Whatever side says hand truck on this side, that side should be on the ground. That’s the bottom of the game.

#2030 83 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

No real idea what I just went through but it was Epic! New music, sounds, fire, light shows, call outs… did I say fire??? Yes….I was surrounded by flames.

I’m still trying to figure this part out. I played the update - it’s awesome - but I haven’t seen the simulated flames. Is it like Game of Thrones? Is it in the wizard mode?

#2031 83 days ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I absolutely love my R&M and have invested a lot of energy in making it play to its full potential (with the support of Spooky). I have tremendous respect for Spooky as a constantly improving company. Some Spooky games I love, some I don't. True for Stern, JJP, B/W, etc. A lot of the Pinside noise you refer to is fanboy-ism that is unfortunate (from my perspective, at least).

#2032 83 days ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

I am planning on having both GZ and Ultraman together

I agree! Godzilla and Ultraman is an excellent combo. Cheers to a fun Friday night of pinball.

DBB837FD-B4B4-48C6-B18D-19FC6BB62164 (resized).jpeg
#2033 83 days ago
Quoted from mummite:

I agree! Godzilla and Ultraman is an excellent combo. Cheers to a fun Friday night of pinball.

Nice gamerooom!

#2034 83 days ago

Boom! Wow my longest game ever and just unlocked the fun for me on UM! Beat Dada and Gamora! First time getting to Pigmon! Nearly beat Bemular! How do you get Baltan Super Jackpot? Seems really hard! And Jirahs? Would be cool if difficultly of these modes could be changed in settings?

Also seems for me since updating to 1.07 some of the audio when Dada starts was lost?

20220521_145618 (resized).jpg

#2035 83 days ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

How do you get Baltan Super Jackpot? Seems really hard! And Jirahs? Would be cool if difficultly of these modes could be changed in settings?

I could use a walkthrough on Baltan as well. I never seem to be able to score anything decent in that mode. What is supposed to be the objective there?

#2036 83 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I could use a walkthrough on Baltan as well. I never seem to be able to score anything decent in that mode. What is supposed to be the objective there?

Hit left ramp which is lit green and then one of the baltan toys swings out and you need to hit that scoop for a JP...think it stays lit for like 10 seconds. t's hard though and I feel like I hit 3 of them and never saw a super J light

#2037 83 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Baltic super jackpot is hard. I recommend watching Bugs latest YouTube video as he explains each mode and super jackpot needed to get to the wizard mode.

For Baltan you need to hit the left ramp which will expose a Balton on one of the left scoops. You need to hit that shot while it’s lit. Repeat for each until all three have been claimed. This gives you the super jackpot.

#2038 82 days ago

With latest code update I thought I read that holding start would reset game? Not working for me. Anyone else?

#2039 82 days ago

Just joined the club yesterday, starting to play around with the game and had a couple questions about the playfield to make sure it is working properly.

When you choose a monster to battle and you get the ball to the upper playfield, there is a target blocking the entrance to the upper ramp on the left side. Should that target stay down when hit, or should it come back up a number of times before it stays down? In normal game play, when the ball goes to the top ramp, do you have to do something specific to get it to the upper playfield flipper, the ball always seems to go down the left side normally and not enter the right playfield. Not sure if there a diverter that may not be working properly?

Thanks for the help!

#2040 82 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Just joined the club yesterday, starting to play around with the game and had a couple questions about the playfield to make sure it is working properly.
When you choose a monster to battle and you get the ball to the upper playfield, there is a target blocking the entrance to the upper ramp on the left side. Should that target stay down when hit, or should it come back up a number of times before it stays down? In normal game play, when the ball goes to the top ramp, do you have to do something specific to get it to the upper playfield flipper, the ball always seems to go down the left side normally and not enter the right playfield. Not sure if there a diverter that may not be working properly?
Thanks for the help!

There is a counter on the screen that counts down the number of shots needed to get the ball to the upper playfield to battle Jirahs. During the battle the spinners damage Jirahs.The right does the equivalent of 1% damage per spin. The left does the equivalent of 5% damage per spin. When his damage reaches zero the drop target will turn purple. When it's purple hit it will stay down and you can hit the crossing shot to start multiball. While the drop target is red it's actually doing damage to Ultraman.

If your talking about the middle playfield you need to hit the ball into the scoop to qualify Bemular. From there bash the shots surrounding the drop target and then relock to start multiball. During multiball, shoot all of the red targets on the main playfield for Jackpot. Once you collect all of the Jackpots the drop target will lower for a Super Jackpots.

#2041 82 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There is a counter on the screen that counts down the number of shots needed to get the ball to the upper playfield to battle Jirahs. During the battle the spinners damage Jirahs.The right does the equivalent of 1% damage per spin. The left does the equivalent of 5% damage per spin. When his damage reaches zero the drop target will turn purple. When it's purple hit it will stay down and you can hit the crossing shot to start multiball. While the drop target is red it's actually doing damage to Ultraman.
If your talking about the middle playfield you need to hit the ball into the scoop to qualify Bemular. From there bash the shots surrounding the drop target and then relock to start multiball. During multiball, shoot all of the red targets on the main playfield for Jackpot. Once you collect all of the Jackpots the drop target will lower for a Super Jackpots.

Thanks for the reply, sorry I’m not familiar with the proper terminology for the game yet. There is a screen where you choose a monster to battle. When the ball gets to the upper playfield, and I hit the target, it seems to have an epileptic fit and go up and down in a very fast motion. Not sure if there is an issue with the coil or it is meant to do that? I can try to capture it with a video. Thanks again.

#2042 82 days ago

When you select a Kaiju take a look at the lights that are lit. There will also be a description of what to do on the screen. Based on what you are describing, my best guess is that you are stacking one of those quick battles with Jirahs. In Jirahs the spinners will be lit purple. If the drop target on the upper playfield is red, it's going to fire up every time you knock it down.

#2043 82 days ago

lpeters82 is Baltan Bash a coded mode or just like victory laps within the MB? I lit it after getting the SJ but didn't seem like anything changed and was standard Baltan MB.

#2044 82 days ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

lpeters82 is Baltan Bash a coded mode or just like victory laps within the MB? I lit it after getting the SJ but didn't seem like anything changed and was standard Baltan MB.

Baltan Multiball is 'Baltan Bash'. You need to reveal and then bash each of the exposed Alien Baltan invaders in order to light one final shot for Super Jackpot.

Each of the multiball is similar. You have different objectives to complete followed by a Super Jackpot. As you progress through them the inserts will change from yellow (started) to red (complete). When they are all red that's when you will light the scoop for that first Wizard Mode.

#2045 82 days ago

I’ve had a weird bug my last two games. When I get the ball in the Danesi lock but then drain before releasing the Danesi lock ball, my game will not end and the ball search will not release the ball. The ball doesn’t even get released when you cycle the power, you have to pull the glass. Not sure if this is a software issue or hardware issue. DF081497-3141-470C-A59E-2B81A240DD30 (resized).jpeg

#2046 82 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’ve had a weird bug my last two games. When I get the ball in the Danesi lock but then drain before releasing the Danesi lock ball, my game will not end and the ball search will not release the ball. The ball doesn’t even get released when you cycle the power, you have to pull the glass. Not sure if this is a software issue or hardware issue.

After checking the Coil in Test Mode:

With the glass off, replicate the scenario and listen/look to see if the coil is trying to fire. If it is, you might need to adjust the mech a tiny bit to get the drop to release. There are a few posts on adjusting the brass finger in the Rick and Mory Threaad. Sometimes the coil works fine in test mode, but doesn't release the drop when there is the ball weighting the target. Quick physical adjustment will solve this.

#2047 82 days ago
Quoted from guitarded:

With the glass off, replicate the scenario and listen/look to see if the coil is trying to fire. If it is, you might need to adjust the mech a tiny bit to get the drop to release.

Yes, it try’s to fire in ball search, you can see it twitch just a bit…but it doesn’t come down and release the ball. It’s easy enough to trigger it with the glass off.

#2048 82 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Baltan Multiball is 'Baltan Bash'. You need to reveal and then bash each of the exposed Alien Baltan invaders in order to light one final shot for Super Jackpot.
Each of the multiball is similar. You have different objectives to complete followed by a Super Jackpot. As you progress through them the inserts will change from yellow (started) to red (complete). When they are all red that's when you will light the scoop for that first Wizard Mode.

Thanks, Luke!

#2049 82 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, it try’s to fire in ball search, you can see it twitch just a bit…but it doesn’t come down and release the ball. It’s easy enough to trigger it with the glass off.

I would double check both coils in your test menu. During a ball search there will be a coil firing to pull it down and a coil firing to push it back up. A twitch during ball search is not necessary a sign that the down coil is trying to fire. That could just as likely be the up coil firing to return the drop target back to the up position. If the coil is already up that would probably look like a twitch.

#2050 82 days ago
Quoted from MT45:

Added the replacement backbox display (IPS screen) and it makes a HUGE difference

Thanks for the tip! Installed mine this weekend and a big difference. Did not know there was Japanese under the different player scores. LOL This is an upgrade I recommend as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Raynham, MA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Oakland Charter Township, MI
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
100 (OBO)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Olathe, KS
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 2,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 57.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!