(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 100.
#1951 1 year ago
20220514_221600 (resized).jpg20220514_221600 (resized).jpg
#1952 1 year ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I think it’s 3 Kaiju’s defeated?

I thought it was two? Anyone know for sure?

#1953 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I thought it was two? Anyone know for sure?

Two sounds right, I know I had beaten two but I don’t think I beat three.

#1954 1 year ago

Spooky said new Ultraman content from the new studio on July 10th, which is Ultraman Day

Also 1.07 gameplay footage coming shortly

#1955 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Spooky said new Ultraman content from the new studio on July 10th, which is Ultraman Day

Very cool! looking forward to this update.

#1956 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:Spooky said new Ultraman content from the new studio on July 10th, which is Ultraman Day

“New” content as in really new? Or new to the game from the vintage shows? There’s so many Ultraman versions the content is basically endless

#1957 1 year ago

Really new, yes. New animations from the new hire. Halloween is getting some updated animations from the same company in a future update too.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

“New” content as in really new? Or new to the game from the vintage shows? There’s so many Ultraman versions the content is basically endless

#1958 1 year ago

Hello, Ultraman CE #204. I’ll have sneak out tonight after work to open it. Perfect delivery day on my 15th wedding anniversary. Almost as good as the time I brought home a tspp on Valentine’s Day :p

E46B961E-6065-48E4-B957-03A1E572518C (resized).jpegE46B961E-6065-48E4-B957-03A1E572518C (resized).jpeg
#1959 1 year ago
Quoted from mummite:

Perfect delivery day on my 15th wedding anniversary.

Congrats! UM is now my wife’s favorite pin, so dinner and pinball sounds like a nice anniversary date.

#1960 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Really new, yes. New animations from the new hire. Halloween is getting some updated animations from the same company in a future update too.

I was particular how I typed that because their message said "new content".....but "new animations" makes it sound like new animations *instead of TV footage. You know how HWN has animations to replace the movie footage, but UM doesn't so far. It may just be a new "console" design etc and new UM vs ENEMY pics with still the same TV footage (and maybe more TV stuff). Just some speculations/thoughts/semantics until they get more specific.

Also saying wizard mode will be selectable from the menu so everyone can play it regardless of skill level

#1961 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I was particular how I typed that because their message said "new content".....but "new animations" makes it sound like new animations *instead of TV footage. You know how HWN has animations to replace the movie footage, but UM doesn't so far. It may just be a new "console" design etc and new UM vs ENEMY pics with still the same TV footage (and maybe more TV stuff). Just some speculations/thoughts/semantics until they get more specific.

I would assume new stuff that is not footage. They have said that Tsuburaya gave them all the footage from the get go. Looking forward to it, regardless.

#1962 1 year ago

I see what your saying. My guess would be that the new animation studio is fixing the tv score display and possibly animating the static illustrations? Or adding some animated overlays. I think for Halloween they will likely just be replacing the few animations that are sub par and adding content for the wizard modes otherwise I’m pretty happy with the display as it sits.

Quoted from Morgoth00:

Also saying wizard mode will be selectable from the menu so everyone can play it regardless of skill level

#1963 1 year ago

Hey everybody! 1.07 is live for both games. I got a tutorial on YouTube for everyone who wants to see.

The primary focus of this update was the wizard mode. So we decided to put an option in the game menu to select the wizard mode so every can play it! Just go to standard settings - wizard play - boogeyman. And you'll be playing it on the very next game you start! Enjoy.

#1964 1 year ago

I'd love to download new code....but I get this. Whatever's causing this, please fix. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 3.14.40 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-16 at 3.14.40 PM (resized).png
#1965 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'd love to download new code....but I get this. Whatever's causing this, please fix. Thank you!
[quoted image]

Same here

#1966 1 year ago

Were on it. I likely has to do with cache settings on individual computers. If you haven't already, please be sure to try this link.

https://new.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#1967 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Were on it. I likely has to do with cache settings on individual computers. If you haven't already, please be sure to try this link.
https://new.spookypinball.com/game-support/

Thanks just got in! Any tips for Mac users? First the mac wouldn't allow me to open it. Then i found how to override my apple security. but then the .pkg file would not open and I got the following: com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.

#1968 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thanks just got in! Any tips for Mac users? First the mac wouldn't allow me to open it. Then i found how to override my apple security. but then the .pkg file would not open and I got the following: com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.

Get a brand new USB key. Copy the file to that USB. Eject the USB and put it in the Ultraman. Don’t open anything on the Mac.

#1969 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Get a brand new USB key. Copy the file to that USB. Eject the USB and put it in the Ultraman. Don’t open anything on the Mac.

Thanks! So just the .pkg file itself? The Spooky "readme" file says not to do this. Is this a mac workaround?

#1970 1 year ago

Just downloaded is this the correct package size for code_UM.pkg? 690 MB

#1971 1 year ago
Quoted from mummite:

Just downloaded is this the correct package size for code_UM.pkg? 690 MB

Yes, that’s correct

#1972 1 year ago

No real idea what I just went through but it was Epic! New music, sounds, fire, light shows, call outs… did I say fire??? Yes….I was surrounded by flames.

Going to play with the wife so I can actually watch what’s going on.

Great job Spooky!

Did I mention fire?

#1973 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

No real idea what I just went through but it was Epic! New music, sounds, fire, light shows, call outs… did I say fire??? Yes….I was surrounded by flames.
Great job Spooky!
Did I mention fire?

This sounds awesome. It’ll be tomorrow night before I can update mine…but this is very promising!

#1974 1 year ago

Great job Spooky!
Did I mention fire?

Thank you!

#1975 1 year ago

IMG_7266 (resized).JPGIMG_7266 (resized).JPG

Here's a fun new screen. Same new Windows-formatted USB I used for the 1.06 update. The code_UM.pkg is the only thing on the drive.

I noticed that the install instructions you have on the site are for 1.06 which seems to be quite different in that it talks about a zip file, etc.

I'm on a Mac by the way.

#1976 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Both

#1977 1 year ago

Game is shaping up nicely guys. And Bug, your live catches are on point in this latest video.

#1978 1 year ago

I hear alot of Loomis jackpot calls in Halloween, but not much Kyle/Fuji jackpot calls in Ultraman. Could've been the volume, but not sure. Also, did you guys have them record "Ultra Jackpot" speech calls? That'd be sweet.

#1979 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

[quoted image]
Here's a fun new screen. Same new Windows-formatted USB I used for the 1.06 update. The code_UM.pkg is the only thing on the drive.
I noticed that the install instructions you have on the site are for 1.06 which seems to be quite different in that it talks about a zip file, etc.
I'm on a Mac by the way.

That's the check that was built into 1.06 and later code. The game is looking at the drive and files on your USB and seeing that something is not correct. My best guess is that your Mac has reformatted your USB. There will be a new image for non-Windows users later today or tomorrow.

#1980 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

[quoted image]
I'm on a Mac by the way.

Spooky service just recommended to me to find a PC as customers have had mixed experiences using Macs.
Said some work fine and others bricked their game. It's inconvenient but I'm gonna wait it out and find a friend with a PC.

#1981 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

That's the check that was built into 1.06 and later code. The game is looking at the drive and files on your USB and seeing that something is not correct. My best guess is that your Mac has reformatted your USB. There will be a new image for non-Windows users later today or tomorrow.

lpeters82 a version for non-Windows and Mac users would be so appreciated! AJ just suggested to use a PC but I'd rather wait for a Mac version if coming soon.

#1982 1 year ago

The Mac update always going to be a bit more convoluted. It follows the restore process, just with updated code.

#1983 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The Mac update always going to be a bit more convoluted. It follows the restore process, just with updated code.

Great! Really look forward to the new file and instructions for updating/restoring!

#1984 1 year ago

Updates went well with no issues this time around for me.

Hopefully I will get a chance to check out the upcoming releases for Ultraman day.
I'm selling a couple games to fund a possible new location. Unfortunately Ultraman and ACNC may
have to go along with a few others.

#1985 1 year ago

AAAAAH still with the Jirahs timer running while in the scoop. That mode and the end of it were my favorite part of the game but is now just annoying. I lose a minimum of 10 seconds while I’m just trying to select the first battle and move on but the game is beepin and boopin at me while the ball goes on a side quest and precious seconds are wasting. I don’t understand how that could possibly be seen as a good idea. Make the timer less if you must but have it pause when the player is not in control. But alas, I guess this game is just not for me.

#1986 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

AAAAAH still with the Jirahs timer running while in the scoop. That mode and the end of it were my favorite part of the game but is now just annoying. I lose a minimum of 10 seconds while I’m just trying to select the first battle and move on but the game is beepin and boopin at me while the ball goes on a side quest and precious seconds are wasting. I don’t understand how that could possibly be seen as a good idea. Make the timer less if you must but have it pause when the player is not in control. But alas, I guess this game is just not for me.

It should definitely pause when stuff like that is going on. Hell, Stern games pause the timer when you cradle, so you can't time stuff out. It's all fixable in code.

#1987 1 year ago

Initial impressions on Ultraman CE. This is my first owned NIB Spooky game, but I have played them all except R+M. No issues out of the box and the game is playing great. Put on a sheet of invisiglass and swapped out the rubber to all clear. Interesting that some rubber was already clear.
played about 15 games into the wee hours of the night and this game is a blast.

Game was shipped and boxed excellent. All the little personal touches help and show the teams dedication to the hobby and end customer.

This game is made for fans of Ultraman and Kaiju fans. People that bought this game not knowing and loving the source material are not going to properly appreciate it.

The game fits great in a larger collection with variety. It’s unique different and is in a class of its own.

Power coating is very nice and compliments the game well.

NEW code on my first day. Played some 06 before updating to 07 to see the diff.

The art is fantastic Matt Frank is the best! I like this art better they Godzilla.

Code was in a good state, fun and fully playable out of the box

The left wire form return with the baltans popping out as the ball rolls by is excellent!

Pigmon mode was a blast

Light show is fantastic. I do wish there was an LED strip in the apron between the flippers tied to the LED color changing lights. I have this as a mod on my MB remake and it would be a great addition. Anyone know if there is a mod for this?

Collecting the science team is fun. Good option to lock a ball since I screw up the skill shot so often.

The bass and speakers turning on game boot up is like a combo of loud ultra farts.

While the game is on there is a hissing/buzzing sound coming from the speakers? Anyone else get this?

The mode instructions on screen are very small and hard to read. Text colors many times matches with the BG colors. This is the MOST important item to the
player, make it easier to read.

Scores are so tiny and hard to read.

When monster mode select is triggered the UI to that slowly closes prior to let the player select it to slooooow. Speed it up make it snappier. Yes, you can bypass but it kills the flow.

The instructions under each monster need to be larger and more legible. Blends in way to much with the BG colors.

Why do timers still run when ball is at scoop or ball held? Felt cheated out of time.

When a ball is held by the drop at science team shot call it out. “Ball held”

When the ball is on the top playfield don’t flash the white flashers. Keep them consistently on to better show the player the playfield in action. Maybe a quick flash to call it out then leave the lights on.

Need more positive callouts for hitting jackpots and correct shots. Need more feedback, Nice work, keep it going, one more shot!

Are there any combos or combo shot and collect at scoop rules in the game?

I turned on the music and SFX during attract mode and didn’t hear anything when left idle. Are these implemented?

When firing the ball on ball 1 its very lackluster the music, SFX and presentation. Really want to pull players into the excitement on that initial ball launch.

If a Kaiju is not available to select yet put a big lock icon on or leave them a mystery silhouette. This will help better call out they are locked. Text is so small
and hard to read. Also, would be nice to let the player know what they need to do to unlock each.

The music mix was a bit of a letdown. Really missing the OG intro song with lyrics. Would love to hear the Japanese intro. Why is this not in???

So much fantastic video content to pull from are there plans to add more?

When a game is over turn on the topper motor until match and ending sequence is completed for added excitement.

Need more idle flipper button SFX/VO callouts

What's with the wheels at the back of the playfeild backboard?

Right lockdown hinge bangs into the playfield when locking its a very tight fit.

#1988 1 year ago
Quoted from mummite:

While the game is on there is a hissing/buzzing sound coming from the speakers? Anyone else get this?

Try turning down the volume on the amp, and then turn up the volume from the coin door...this should solve that problem. It's possible that the amp is bad or some wires were loose. My first amp was really flakey and that resulted in lots of sound issues. Spooky sent me a new one, and it's perfect now.

Quoted from mummite:

The bass and speakers turning on game boot up is like a combo of loud ultra farts.

Adjust the bass with the amp as well...it's just a tiny tiny turn to go from "pretty nice" to "BLURP FARTS". Highly recommend you do the sub spacer mod & add anti-rattle tape as well...really turns the farts into actual bass.

Quoted from mummite:

The music mix was a bit of a letdown. Really missing the OG intro song with lyrics. Would love to hear the Japanese intro. Why is this not in???

That song is there, bro. Play better

SPOILER: When you defeat Jirahs & start his multiball, the lyric version of the song plays.

#1989 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When you defeat Jirahs & start his multiball

This just made my day! Thanks

#1990 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

This. A mode with a power bar DOES NOT NEED a timer as well....especially when that timer completely vanishes with a scoop shot or two. No more Jirahs timer, please! Or at least give us an option to turn it off in the settings.

#1991 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This. A mode with a power bar DOES NOT NEED a timer as well....especially when that timer completely vanishes with a scoop shot or two. No more Jirahs timer, please! Or at least give us an option to turn it off in the settings.

I had a the outside loops lit up when I started the mode this time. I was excited as I thought that was a way to add time back to the mode.

I'm okay with it being timed if the scoop stops the clock and there are ways (outside loops) to add more time. I think this could be more engaging than having it run forever.

#1992 1 year ago

New music, sounds, fire, light shows, call outs… did I say fire??? Yes….I was surrounded by flames.
Great job Spooky!
Did I mention fire?

By fire, do you mean they have a fire light show? Similar to Game of Thrones? Man, I am ready to head home and do this update…perfect timing for the code update as my little pinball group is coming over this evening.

#1993 1 year ago

I had a the outside loops lit up when I started the mode this time. I was excited as I thought that was a way to add time back to the mode.
I'm okay with it being timed if the scoop stops the clock and there are ways (outside loops) to add more time. I think this could be more engaging than having it run forever.

You have a health bar, so he’s attacking you & can defeat you. It won’t last forever. It’s totally pointless to have a health bar & a timer. That’s two timers. It’s convoluted.

#1994 1 year ago

The focus of 1.07 was the Wizard Mode and Hurry-Up. The next update will focus more on refinement of the modes. I hinted at it awhile ago, but I think most will be happy with the future integration of the health bar / timer.

#1995 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The focus of 1.07 was the Wizard Mode and Hurry-Up. The next update will focus more on refinement of the modes. I hinted at it awhile ago, but I think most will be happy with the future integration of the health bar / timer.

Will there be future modes Or multiballs added as well? I hope you guys at Spooky pack this machine full of content and awesome modes to show the haters that Spooky’s Ultraman is a great pin.

#1996 1 year ago

Yes, the next expert mode for Ultraman is already written. I believe I've already teased during a stream that it will revolve around one of the Kaiju that is in the art package, but not yet in the game. I hope the game has enough power to withstand the new mode. <- That last line is another hint. We also for sure have one more Wizard Mode coming that will bring in some content from one of the other Ultraman series.

#1997 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We also for sure have one more Wizard Mode coming that will bring in some content from one of the other Ultraman series.

Getting more and more excited for my standard to show up this fall/whenever.

#1998 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Will there be future modes Or multiballs added as well? I hope you guys at Spooky pack this machine full of content and awesome modes to show the haters that Spooky’s Ultraman is a great pin.

I think this is a top priority for the entire team for sure. We want everyone who has supported us to get the absolute best possible game they deserve.

#1999 1 year ago

the game is literally great as it stands now. Code refinements will only make it better and is just extra credit in my book. I really don’t care about the timer still plugging away when the ball goes into the scoop…it’s still attainable to defeat the jirahs. It shouldn’t be a gimme anyway.

Nonetheless…I’m very happy with the game as it stands and I feel like I’m going to be sitting on a long term keeper when this code is fully refined given all the items that have been hinted at by spooky in the last 24 hours.

UM is my first spooky game - and I’m buying all future good themes baby! Scooby doo for sure if it’s in the pipeline.

#2000 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think this is a top priority for the entire team for sure. We want everyone who has supported us to get the absolute best possible game they deserve.

Really appreciate this and why I bought an UM and own an R&M. Game would really benefit from those promised art and UI updates too. Can't wait!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/40?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.