(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,940 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7134 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0173 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0178 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0174 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0160 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240311_203219737 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,940 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 99.
#101 2 years ago

So...i've wandered over here from the hype thread but I'm a pre-order owner. SpookyLuke said to head over here because he can only keep up with so many threads.

Anyway, I think more folks will migrate here.

#102 2 years ago

#76 checking in, although there’s no indication of my number other than the serial number in the cab... weren’t there supposed to be numbered plates? I mean... it is a “collectors edition” after all

Added over 2 years ago:

Actually #73, weird how that got confused

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

#76 checking in, although there’s no indication of my number other than the serial number in the cab... weren’t there supposed to be numbered plates? I mean... it is a “collectors edition” after all

I think there was some last minute shuffle in getting them all signed. There is a cool authentic signature though!

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think there was some last minute shuffle in getting them all signed. There is a cool authentic signature though!

The signature is cool, no doubt, we will need to be super careful not to clean it off on accident

Should we laminate it ??

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

The signature is cool, no doubt,

Glad ya like it! That numbers thing was on me. I had time to get the plaques made and cut, sent to Japan for Ultraman himself, Mr. Bin Furuya to sign them all.... or number them and miss that window.

I think it was worth it.

Bin2 (resized).jpgBin2 (resized).jpg
#106 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Glad ya like it! That numbers thing was on me. I had time to get the plaques made and cut, sent to Japan for Ultraman himself, Mr. Bin Furuya to sign them all.... or number them and miss that window.
I think it was worth it.

Totally worth it!
Thanks for thinking his one up @SpookyCharlie.
Love the pic with JD in the background.

#107 2 years ago

I think it was worth it.
[quoted image]

Most definitely!

Check out the stuff in his cabinets, there’s quite a bit of James Dean stuff in there, and some Ultraman stuff, hehe

#108 2 years ago

I think it was worth it.
[quoted image]

Cool!

#109 2 years ago

And I thought I had a lot of RayBans.

#110 2 years ago

Since a lot of people are moving over from hype to club thread, I'd like to bring up the screen design again. The current state of the UM screen needs some work in my opinion. Everything is too small and not really designed in a way that maximizes the video assets. I mocked up a quick idea and then this morning I went back and made an alternative which I think might be better. I quickly made these to start a discussion, not as what it should be exactly.

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 10.06.38 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-24 at 10.06.38 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-23 at 11.43.31 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-23 at 11.43.31 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-24 at 10.01.24 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-24 at 10.01.24 AM (resized).png
#111 2 years ago

I think it was worth it.
[quoted image]

Does this mean that maybe Mr. Furuya signed some extras for Bloodsuckers or Standards? Maybe an optional purchase? Fingers crossed.

#112 2 years ago

Think Spooky should just focus on Gameplay at the moment and address Look and Feel down the road
on UX.

As a developer for many interactive consumer products, medical gear, web applications and games. I
always felt it was a PITA when my Project Manager would start going thru Consumer data and request
UI/UX stuff when critical components were still under development. I've also done UI/UX work and
often found design by committee made me a sad panda.

Keep up the good work. Get the game code done. I wish I could help out but feel I'd be more of hinderance
than help.

#113 2 years ago

You CE guys can keep your Jet VTOL, I'm adding the real star of the first season to my Standard. If anyone else is interested, licensed Bandai Corvair is only 7 bucks on Amazon right now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HZ6Q7M6/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_YE32KSAN7THKZZJXY39W

Bitchin Corvair (resized).pngBitchin Corvair (resized).png
#114 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Does this mean that maybe Mr. Furuya signed some extras for Bloodsuckers or Standards? Maybe an optional purchase? Fingers crossed.

We didn't get the deal in place for Bin to sign these until the 11th hour, so every game gets a signature plaque as a bonus. All 500. No charge.

The team is working hard on all the game play elements right now. More than we can say.

Welcome to the Science Patrol! Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone.

#115 2 years ago

We didn't get the deal in place for Bin to sign these until the 11th hour, so every game gets a signature plaque as a bonus. All 500. No charge.
The team is working hard on all the game play elements right now. More than we can say.
Welcome to the Science Patrol! Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Awesome unexpected bonus, Charlie. Happy Thanksgiving to you and the Spooky team, as well.

#116 2 years ago

Woohoo! UM 81 shipping Monday!

#117 2 years ago

Awesome! Hoping my #90 is here pretty soon thereafter

Quoted from Crile1:

Woohoo! UM 81 shipping Monday!

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Since a lot of people are moving over from hype to club thread, I'd like to bring up the screen design again. The current state of the UM screen needs some work in my opinion. Everything is too small and not really designed in a way that maximizes the video assets. I mocked up a quick idea and then this morning I went back and made an alternative which I think might be better. I quickly made these to start a discussion, not as what it should be exactly.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job on the newest screen layout. The static monster/Ultraman images could be made even smaller as to not crowd the show video with overlap. It may be a creative design decision to some, but it’s the only correct decision to make. Make the Ultraman show material as large as possible. This is the real reason we purchased these machines, is for the show material to be easily seen and lots of it, just like on Batman 66.

Can you imagine if Stern had made Batman video material the size of the current Ultraman screen show video, with a static image of the Batcave instruments crowding the show material? It would have been horrible and everyone would have rejected it. Please Spooky make this right and include lots of season 1, even all forty Kaiju fights and plots from season 1 and then we’ll have a game equal to the envy of Batman and Godzilla. Ultraman a contemporary of both those iconic shows and what us Ultraman fans are looking for in game play. Happy Thanksgiving Spooky!
12649194-E1CD-482F-B3B4-8EFC589FEB46 (resized).png12649194-E1CD-482F-B3B4-8EFC589FEB46 (resized).png

#120 2 years ago

That hot mess belongs outside with the turkey carcass.

#121 2 years ago

Just over from the hype thread. I've currently got UM CE #258 and CE #350 on order, but looking to move the 350, since I don't need two.

#122 2 years ago

The other thread blew up for some reason - so #127 checking in! Fingers crossed things have improved by the time mine shows up.

#123 2 years ago

#66 officially reporting to the club. Beautiful looking game, looking forward to new shooter rod and updated code. Keep up the great work spooky team. On location for everyone to play just south of Cincinnati in N Kentucky. Ecstatic to learn signature is real. Amazing touch guys.

IMG_20211101_165830 (resized).jpgIMG_20211101_165830 (resized).jpg
#124 2 years ago

SHUWATCH! me eat this whole turkey!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

#125 2 years ago

I do prefer those overlays with a larger video display. Perhaps add something to track mode progress, some detail to the background, and maybe a super thin "old television" bezel as shown below.

PS: I don't need modes for all of the episode. I'm a quality over quantity when it comes to modes. I'll take one super fun mode over five mediocre modes. Perhaps why I'm not a huge fan of Batman 66.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#127 2 years ago

So tempting to buy one of these spots at almost half off. Anyone want to move up to #214 that has a CE spot towards the end?

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So tempting to buy one of these spots at almost half off. Anyone want to move up to #214 that has a CE spot towards the end?

Show me a CE deposit listing at half off.
Most listed are about 10% below cost.
Panic sellers imo. When the common comment in the first few months is good layout but poor code, wait for code updates. I'll have my game by the end of the year but I don't expect it to be reaching its potential until the summer most likely. Not ideal but not worth selling the game (unless someone just needs the cash. I get that.)

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Show me a CE deposit listing at half off.
Most listed are about 10% below cost.
Panic sellers imo. When the common comment in the first few months is good layout but poor code, wait for code updates. I'll have my game by the end of the year but I don't expect it to be reaching its potential until the summer most likely. Not ideal but not worth selling the game (unless someone just needs the cash. I get that.)

I said "almost", one just sold for $999 and another one for sale currently at $1195. Yes they are panicking IMO also.

#130 2 years ago

Code can’t fix a bad layout, but that’s not what we are facing. We are facing is needing to let Spooky do their thing and that takes time. Too bad we don’t have any time, oh wait, the run won’t be complete for ever a year. Guess there is time.

I watched the H rules video Bug did and I really like what I saw. Really looking forward to Spooky being able to use the year they have to keep adding and refining things. I get to wait, but will enjoy reading the updates as they come. #406

#131 2 years ago

I got a request for payment on CE 108 and will be sending payment this week.

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I got a request for payment on CE 108 and will be sending payment this week.

Are you direct from Spooky? I am 95 direct and haven’t gotten the payment request yet. Really hoping I get this by Christmas.

#133 2 years ago

Ok guys, those you you that have your game... the decals on the apron on mine are lifting slightly, I’m thinking the powder coat texture is too grainy for the decals to adhere perfectly, any ideas of a fix?

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Are you direct from Spooky? I am 95 direct and haven’t gotten the payment request yet. Really hoping I get this by Christmas.

No, pinballstars allotment.

#135 2 years ago

Wow - people willing to take $800-900 losses before it is even built. I get the code is bad but it will get better, I guess this is the downside of limited runs and pre-order rushes. Not all games are money makers…

But the second pinside ad called it a “heap”….I am guessing if you route this game it is particularly bad.

I would guess people prefer Godzilla over this game since the themes are pretty close. Hard to miss the reviews where some people are calling Godzilla Sterns best game ….

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125023

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125079

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

But the second pinside ad called it a “heap”….I am guessing if you route this game it is particularly bad.

That guy hasn’t even got the game.

He seems to have his panties in a twist about the hype thread, for some reason.

Someone will grab it and make some money on it in a year.

rd

#137 2 years ago

I agree but this has not been the trend with games lately…this game was released when a lot of other games were delivering faster making people second guess their deposit.

Bad code did not help…

Here is another…at these prices for a Collectors Edition it is a discount and likely worth the risk, it should regain value after some updates to the code. It is like Funhouse now that 2.0 is coming out prices just spiked….

Getting tempted myself, I think I would like to just spend a little less on a standard maybe. But it is getting close…I think Godzilla is tempting too. No Sales on that game for sure…but no real profit taking since premiums are basically unlimited in numbers.

Look though paid over $2k and selling the deposit for under $1k

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125068

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Look though paid over $2k and selling the deposit for under $1k
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125068

I think we know who’s game that is.

rd

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think we know who’s game that is.
rd

Definitely the guy who’s first letter follows the letter J. Sad lot he is, dumping early what we all thought he’d do anyway? He also dumped R&M almost after it was unboxed. Makes one wonder why he’s in this hobby?

Spooky is not going to tarnish their reputation by not making this game stellar. They are smarter business people than that. They’re going to do everything necessary to make the code worthy of a great franchise like Ultraman.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

. Makes one wonder why he’s in this hobby?

Attention and profit.

#141 2 years ago

It's sad but that is almost certainly a certain negative member of the pinball community trying to lower values and create a story for the next episode. New account list Ultraman at half price and pending? Yeah, to himself. Report news, don't make news to report.

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It's sad but that is almost certainly a certain negative member of the pinball community trying to lower values and create a story for the next episode. New account list Ultraman at half price and pending? Yeah, to himself. Report news, don't make news to report.

I don’t follow the streamers but There are a lot for sale lower and that’s not new. Maybe not at half but close for some. It’s definitely not reselling well. Even when people try to sell it with physically having it they are losing a good chunk of change. I have a standard coming and I’m sure by then the will be code good. right now I’m sure it’s not helping the sell and all the great pins coming out obviously is having an impact

#143 2 years ago

Remember Elvira after the 1st gameplay streaming? It was the same. Look at the market for this title now...
Ultraman has a great theme, great layout, great look. The code will follow eventually. And there are only 500 of them, which makes it the most limited game in recent runs.
Wait and see.

#144 2 years ago

For anyone interested I found a site full of Ultraman models.

This Beta Capsule replica for only $349.99 will actually turn you into Ultraman. YMMV

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/135923

beta_capsule (resized).pngbeta_capsule (resized).png
#145 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

So, he owns all these? https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/ultraman-collectors-edition/market

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Remember Elvira after the 1st gameplay streaming? It was the same. Look at the market for this title now...
Ultraman has a great theme, great layout, great look. The code will follow eventually. And there are only 500 of them, which makes it the most limited game in recent runs.
Wait and see.

Sounds good… But Elvira had this “GOAT” on code..
E90B9DD8-19D5-4861-BA25-FF322014A4C5 (resized).jpegE90B9DD8-19D5-4861-BA25-FF322014A4C5 (resized).jpeg

#147 2 years ago

This is why we needed the hype thread to stay open.

Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy good drama…but keep the drama in the drama thread.

#148 2 years ago

3 over msrp
3 at msrp
2 just below msrp
4 extremely discounted (included the NY one)

What's your point?

#149 2 years ago

I cannot imagine not taking the risk and holding the game rather than materializing the loss early at $1k.

What’s next someone taking an even greater loss to not pay the rest of the game when built, just asking someone to take it off their hands?

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I cannot imagine not taking the risk and holding the game rather than materializing the loss early at $1k.
What’s next someone taking an even greater loss to not pay the rest of the game when built, just asking someone to take it off their hands?

I Think for some they are buying something different like Godzilla and now don’t have the funds for ultraman so would rather take a hit than try to get another 7k from somewhere and have to try to sell once it arrives

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
6,295 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 4,940 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/3?hl=mark1971 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.