(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 100.
#1901 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Not sure if any one posted yet, but here’s a photo of the great Steve Richie playing Ultraman! I was lucky enough to get a turn playing alongside him. Was really fun, and my first time playing this amazing game. I walked away wanting one, and will have it one day
[quoted image]

I wanna know what both your scores were!

#1902 1 year ago

Just stopping by to say, these really are two of the most gorgeous pins I've ever seen. Such a good call to remove the titles from the LE backglasses.

20220507_132850 (resized).jpg20220507_132850 (resized).jpg20220507_132857 (resized).jpg20220507_132857 (resized).jpg20220507_132902 (resized).jpg20220507_132902 (resized).jpg
#1903 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Just stopping by to say, these really are two of the most gorgeous pins I've ever seen. Such a good call to remove the titles from the LE backglasses.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lock bar. Coin box.

*crying*

#1904 1 year ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Lock bar. Coin box.
*crying*

Looks like rough seedy underbelly comic shop.

#1905 1 year ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Lock bar. Coin box.
*crying*

There are lock bars that use the coin door carriage bolts instead of needing to drill into the cab. Any op that is drilling into a modern cab for lock bars is doing it wrong for sure.

#1906 1 year ago

In one of my groups is a old timer prop maker. He has many fascinating items he is always pulling out of some old box. He busted this old UM maquette out today. First comes the sketch, then the maquette is made, then the suits are fashioned from that. Very cool

Screenshot_20220509-190653_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220509-190653_Facebook (resized).jpg
#1907 1 year ago

Such a good call to remove the titles from the LE backglasses.

Hands down, a fabulous artistic decision. Hopefully Spooky keeps that for future games.

Any word on the pending code drop with the wizard mode?

#1908 1 year ago

Heard any day now in the HWN thread

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hands down, a fabulous artistic decision. Hopefully Spooky keeps that for future games.
Any word on the pending code drop with the wizard mode?

#1909 1 year ago

During last Friday's stream, I noticed the Beta Capsule was leaning forward and got worse as the stream went on. I forgot about it until I was setting up tonight and found this:

Beta Capsule (resized).jpgBeta Capsule (resized).jpg

Anyone else have one break?

(I e-mailed Spooky to see what they have to say.)

#1910 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

During last Friday's stream, I noticed the Beta Capsule was leaning forward and got worse as the stream went on. I forgot about it until I was setting up tonight and found this:
[quoted image]
Anyone else have one break?
(I e-mailed Spooky to see what they have to say.)

Spooky will send you a new one. It happens a lot to the Halloween version of the flasher. The pumpkin is far more exposed to a ball strike. That being said, you could take this opportunity to redesign how the toy is mounted and eliminate the problem. I even removed the socket on my Halloween.

#1911 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Spooky will send you a new one. It happens a lot to the Halloween version of the flasher. The pumpkin is far more exposed to a ball strike. That being said, you could take this opportunity to redesign how the toy is mounted and eliminate the problem. I even removed the socket on my Halloween.

It seems globbing silicone all over the bulb and socket and merging it into the housing (pumpkin/beta capsule) is short sighted. How are owners supposed to change the bulb down the road? How did you deal with this on your Halloween?

#1912 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

It seems globbing silicone all over the bulb and socket and merging it into the housing (pumpkin/beta capsule) is short sighted. How are owners supposed to change the bulb down the road? How did you deal with this on your Halloween?

This is what I did with the help of a couple parts from Comet pinball. The clear platform is Lexan and provides a superior mounting point. The goofy socket is completely gone.

20220205_140336 (resized).jpg20220205_140336 (resized).jpg20220205_141313 (resized).jpg20220205_141313 (resized).jpg20220205_144612 (resized).jpg20220205_144612 (resized).jpg20220205_165110 (resized).jpg20220205_165110 (resized).jpg20220205_171959 (resized).jpg20220205_171959 (resized).jpg20220205_172315 (2) (resized).jpg20220205_172315 (2) (resized).jpg
#1913 1 year ago

They need to make sure the glue attaches to the metal part of the bulb and not just the wafer. The wafer on the 89s is barely affixed to the metal body and breaks free easily.

#1914 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

This is what I did with the help of a couple parts from Comet pinball. The clear platform is Lexan and provides a superior mounting point. The goofy socket is completely gone.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like your approach, but I may try something that keeps the socket in play for easier bulb change down the line.

#1915 1 year ago

I like your approach, but I may try something that keeps the socket in play for easier bulb change down the line.

At least on Ultraman the socket is covered by the toy. On Halloween it is totally exposed. It is an expensive accident waiting to happen in my opinion. Shorting out the 12 volt with a steel ball seems likely in the factory setup on Halloween.

#1916 1 year ago

Has anybody taken the plastic protectors off? I'm thinking about it but would be great to see a pic before hand. Anyone?

#1917 1 year ago

If I had a Halloween I'd quickly Mod out the Pumpkin head to the Mask.

#1918 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

If I had a Halloween I'd quickly Mod out the Pumpkin head to the Mask.

That’s cool put the call out is “get to the pumpkin”.

#1919 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the art on UM. Just got my CE. One downside of not having titles on the backglass is for folks like me who can't fit the topper on. Minor issue but hope it's noted for future titles.

#1920 1 year ago

Joined the club with UM CE! Looks beautiful next to my R&M!

20220512_222419 (resized).jpg20220512_222419 (resized).jpg
#1921 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

One downside of not having titles on the backglass is for folks like me who can't fit the topper on. Minor issue but hope it's noted for future titles.

The BSE/Standard models have the logo on the backglass.

I’m sure Spooky will sell you one if you want one.

Removing the logo from the CE with the topper is an excellent decision. Nothing looks stupider than a pin with a name on a topper 4” above the same name on the backglass …

rd

#1922 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Removing the logo from the CE with the topper is an excellent decision. Nothing looks stupider than a pin with a name on a topper 4” above the same name on the backglass …

While I agree that removing the title from the glass is the only way to go when the title appears on the topper, it's pretty obvious that the backglass artwork was done with the title intended to be on the glass. This is no WH20. It looks a little vacant at the top of both CE backglasses, imo.

It looks even more off with the topper removed. I would think an SE/BSE backglass would definitely be needed in that case. How much does the spare backglass cost?

#1923 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The BSE/Standard models have the logo on the backglass.
I’m sure Spooky will sell you one if you want one.
rd

Agree but another option is not to put the name on the topper and only the backglass...just saying there are lots of folks who don't have room for the topper and there is no text at all on backglass and most guests don't know who UM is. Doesn't bother me that much and sure could always buy the BSE glass

#1924 1 year ago

Looks way better with no text as that font is 1000% atrocious. If I owned UMCE I’d be happy I get the unadulterated art on the backglass with no tacky interference.

Quoted from DaddyManD:

Agree but another option is not to put the name on the topper and only the backglass...just saying there are lots of folks who don't have room for the topper and there is no text at all on backglass and most guests don't know who UM is. Doesn't bother me that much and sure could always buy the BSE glass

#1925 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Looks way better with no text as that font is 1000% atrocious. If I owned UMCE I’d be happy I get the unadulterated art on the backglass with no tacky interference.

Sure I get that. Anyway like I said it's not some major complaint and overall the game is a stunning art piece in my basement!

#1926 1 year ago

The gentleman I bought the game from mentioned a Japanese language select by holding right flipper at start...I can't get this to work...anyone know about this? Couldn't find in thread.

#1927 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

The gentleman I bought the game from mentioned a Japanese language select by holding right flipper at start...I can't get this to work...anyone know about this? Couldn't find in thread.

Godzilla has that feature. Don’t think UM does. If it does have it, it’s news to me.

#1928 1 year ago

In the Kaiju battle with purple shots I hit them all until only orbits are lit. I then hit orbits multiple times but they don't seem to register. Left orbit switch is fine in switch test and I don't see a right orbit switch at all. Wondering if this is a code thing? Anyone have similar issues and or know if there's a right orbit switch?

#1929 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Left orbit switch is fine in switch test and I don't see a right orbit switch at all. Wondering if this is a code thing? Anyone have similar issues and or know if there's a right orbit switch?

Right Orbit Switch is there, you might need to adjust. Or, as some have suggested, get an MRS Switch to replace the factory one.

#1930 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Right Orbit Switch is there, you might need to adjust. Or, as some have suggested, get an MRS Switch to replace the factory one.

Just like Halloween unfortunately.....we are here to help!

Matt
M&M Creations

#1931 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Matt
M&M Creations

I thought I had to say your name 3 times before you did that!

#1932 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Is this switch notorius for switch adjusments also what's the MRS Switch swap (link?). Not familar so any info would be great, my game arrives soon.

#1933 1 year ago

Still waiting on shipping notification for mine.

But over in Halloween Thread, a few guys have noted issues with switch hits registering in that right orbit shot. Rick and Morty had this issue.
Best simple solution is a Magnetic Reed Switch from Matt at MRS. Worked a charm in Rick and Morty.

#1934 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Matt
M&M Creations

Thanks, Matt! Where do I find info on what the switch is and how to purchase?

#1935 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Any folks having issues with left orbit also not registering? It works in switch test but doesn't seem to register any points or hits during gameplay. Right orbit again doesn't register even in switch test.

#1936 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thanks, Matt! Where do I find info on what the switch is and how to purchase?

We sell via Pinside...word of mouth/testimonial....so just shoot me a PM

Matt
M&M Creations

#1937 1 year ago

Just found this great video by Luke Peters from Spooky. This should be a key post if an admin can help?!

#1938 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Just found this great video by Luke Peters from Spooky. This should be a key post if an admin can help?!

Just fixed both my orbit switches with this video! They were both too tight up to playfield so were already pressed in. Thanks Spooky Luke!

#1939 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Just fixed both my orbit switches with this video! They were both too tight up to playfield so were already pressed in. Thanks Spooky Luke!

That's great to hear. I'm glad those videos are making a difference.

#TheRealSpookyLuke

#1941 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

#TheRealSpookyLuke

I'm reporting this for abuse lol

#1942 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I'm reporting this for abuse lol

Haha! And since you're the real deal here's my special request for more Japanese language in next code update pretty please! Mother in law is from Okinawa and played UM at our house today. She said it brought back childhood memories! But need more Japenese

#1943 1 year ago

I just got Pigmon multiball but I have no idea how. What qualifies that?

#1944 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I just got Pigmon multiball but I have no idea how. What qualifies that?

I think it’s 3 Kaiju’s defeated?

#1945 1 year ago

1) If you beat 5 Kaiju’s you are no longer able to select a battle? (I think I had 2 kaiju left to battle)

2) How do you get the Baltan1,2,3 to increase the on the playfield? It seems after I play one multiball, it never increments if I play more. Does it require a super jackpot?

Thanks!

#1946 1 year ago
Quoted from tp:

Has anybody taken the plastic protectors off? I'm thinking about it but would be great to see a pic before hand. Anyone?

Orange protector removed right sling.

20220514_202813 (resized).jpg20220514_202813 (resized).jpg
#1947 1 year ago

More Orange removed.

20220514_213437 (resized).jpg20220514_213437 (resized).jpg20220514_221449 (resized).jpg20220514_221449 (resized).jpg
#1948 1 year ago
20220514_221453 (resized).jpg20220514_221453 (resized).jpg20220514_221550 (resized).jpg20220514_221550 (resized).jpg
#1949 1 year ago

20220514_221633 (resized).jpg20220514_221633 (resized).jpg20220514_221744 (resized).jpg20220514_221744 (resized).jpg

#1950 1 year ago
20220514_221604 (resized).jpg20220514_221604 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/39?hl=daddymand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.