(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 100.
#1751 2 years ago

I’ve put some meat on this game and now have A few comments and questions. My high score so far is $50M with most games landing between $15-25M.

3rd level: ripping those spinners and crossing the bridge before the timer runs out has to be one of the most satisfying of moments in pinball. Tip: if the ball drains to level two, try to flip it through the upper right drain from the second level to avoid falling into the subway/lifter and eating up the time.

A few tips on Bemular on 2nd level: at first this was a frustrating level. 80% of Clean shots up the right ramp just exit out into the shooter drop so fast. Holding the left flipper up would make it exit down the upper right drain to the main level. So many ways for the ball to exit the 2nd level without even having a chance to flip it on that level! Aargh! But I’ve developed a new strategy: start a pigmon mode and select gomora. After hitting the 3 drops the middle ramp to HQ/3rd level opens during gomora. Don’t cross the bridge but just Let the ball drop to the 2nd level and it’s a nice and easy feed to the 2nd level flipper to make Bemular progress. Once you get the 2nd level drop down and sink the ball, keep the left flipper up for a trap on reentry so you can mail the next round of shots on level 2.

Questions: will you ever have a second chance at Bemular? Seems like if you don’t get all the way to battle Bemular in the first time you open the mode then you don’t ever have the chance to open up the 2nd playfield again to get to it. If that’s the case, how do we get to the final wizard? Seems like I can play baltan multiball over again.

Opening skill shot: hitting the Ultraman target on the far right as the first target traps the ball behind the drop. Hitting the drop target with the next ball releases and creates a two ball multi — but what’s the mode? What’s the goal? Is there any goal to achieve during this multi? Or is it just an extra ball for fun?

#1752 2 years ago

Quickwood, Toothpick - try Bamboo Skewer to Level up.

Cut to size a bamboo skewer.. Bamboo is more fiber rich than a toothpick and cheaper than quickwood.
The bamboo skewer typically has the right width and creates good compression. Just cut to size dip in
some elmers and push it in. You can also make it slightly larger and clip it with some wire cutters.

Use this trick on several games where the components would not tighten.

#1753 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

I’ve put some meat on this game and now have A few comments and questions. My high score so far is $50M with most games landing between $15-25M.
3rd level: ripping those spinners and crossing the bridge before the timer runs out has to be one of the most satisfying of moments in pinball. Tip: if the ball drains to level two, try to flip it through the upper right drain from the second level to avoid falling into the subway/lifter and eating up the time.
A few tips on Bemular on 2nd level: at first this was a frustrating level. 80% of Clean shots up the right ramp just exit out into the shooter drop so fast. Holding the left flipper up would make it exit down the upper right drain to the main level. So many ways for the ball to exit the 2nd level without even having a chance to flip it on that level! Aargh! But I’ve developed a new strategy: start a pigmon mode and select gomora. After hitting the 3 drops the middle ramp to HQ/3rd level opens during gomora. Don’t cross the bridge but just Let the ball drop to the 2nd level and it’s a nice and easy feed to the 2nd level flipper to make Bemular progress. Once you get the 2nd level drop down and sink the ball, keep the left flipper up for a trap on reentry so you can mail the next round of shots on level 2.
Questions: will you ever have a second chance at Bemular? Seems like if you don’t get all the way to battle Bemular in the first time you open the mode then you don’t ever have the chance to open up the 2nd playfield again to get to it. If that’s the case, how do we get to the final wizard? Seems like I can play baltan multiball over again.
Opening skill shot: hitting the Ultraman target on the far right as the first target traps the ball behind the drop. Hitting the drop target with the next ball releases and creates a two ball multi — but what’s the mode? What’s the goal? Is there any goal to achieve during this multi? Or is it just an extra ball for fun?

That’s a good tip about the second level. I also had some frustration about it flying right past the flipper and into the lane.

#1754 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Why are your scores in money?

#1755 2 years ago

I have UM CE #120. I have had a couple minor adjustments to make, but that's been the case with ALL games that I have purchased and that's quite a few (hell, ive already got a burned out node board on my JP) so I'm not sure why there is all the complaining and gnashing of teeth on this forum. The only thing about the game that I wish was better is that the center ramp would reject less often, but I am working on a dirt cheap solution to that and will share it with Spooky when I am done.

#1756 2 years ago
Quoted from Rhombus:

I have UM CE #120. I have had a couple minor adjustments to make, but that's been the case with ALL games that I have purchased and that's quite a few (hell, ive already got a burned out node board on my JP) so I'm not sure why there is all the complaining and gnashing of teeth on this forum. The only thing about the game that I wish was better is that the center ramp would reject less often, but I am working on a dirt cheap solution to that and will share it with Spooky when I am done.

Make sure the diverter is set correctly. I had a ton of rejects before I made the below changes. Now the game functions as it should:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/42#post-6665122

#1757 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Make sure the diverter is set correctly. I had a ton of rejects before I made the below changes. Now the game functions as it should:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/42#post-6665122

Thanks, I've checked the diverter position and it's correct. It just pops back through that leaf spring quite a bit when the diverter is in the headquarters position especially from the right flipper. Good place for a gate imo.

#1758 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why are your scores in money?

My game is paying me out. Wait…you didn’t get the payout CE version?!?! Best ROI!

#1759 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

My game is paying me out. Wait…you didn’t get the payout CE version?!?! Best ROI!

All those people selling their spots are gonna regret it! Lol

#1760 2 years ago
Quoted from Rhombus:

Thanks, I've checked the diverter position and it's correct. It just pops back through that leaf spring quite a bit when the diverter is in the headquarters position especially from the right flipper. Good place for a gate imo.

100% needs a gate

#1761 2 years ago

Got my invoice yesterday #189 and paid! Wanted to pick it up in Benton but gas prices/time vs shipping ($335) made it better to just ship. Morgan was very patient with me while I made up my mind

#1762 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Anyone have any insights on the opening skill shot to the right UM target and the ensuing 2 ball multiball mode?!?

Has anyone else been targeting to start their ball play this way?

#1763 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Anyone have any insights on the opening skill shot to the right UM target and the ensuing 2 ball multiball mode?!?
Has anyone else been targeting to start their ball play this way?

Right now I'd think about it as a physical ball save / extra ball. The goal is to lock the ball and not release it. Then when you drain it releases and you are still playing.

#1764 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Right now I'd think about it as a physical ball save / extra ball. The goal is to lock the ball and not release it. Then when you drain it releases and you are still playing.

Oh snap. I did not realize it released with a ball drain. I’ve just always hit it right away to release. Adding a ball to every ball sounds like a good strategy to me!

#1765 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I have I have noticed when I start the two ball multiball the game will not allow me to start a mode or any or any other multiball. I qualified both a mode and a multiball while in the two ball, but it would not allow me to start anything until I drained one ball.

#1766 2 years ago

Fixed my post problem. Toothpicks and a little wood glue did the trick and now it actually feels much easier to do the pretzel so maybe the post was sticking out at first. Thanks everyone who gave tips.

Really hoping new code drops soon with a mode memory option and a fix for the Jirahs mode. For Jirahs I’m hoping the timer stalls any time the ball is not in play and potentially ditching the UM health portion and making the stand ups add time. Like 3 seconds each so that if you drop from the top you get that chance to save yourself lost time getting back up there. I can’t get to it since the code change but prior to it, the end of the Jirahs mode is one of the coolest recent moments in pinball. That was when I first thought, oh this game is pretty cool. There is already so little I feel like I accomplish while playing this game that I hate to have the few great moments now also frustrating to reach. Difficult is fine but running the timer down while the ball is sitting in a scoop is just frustrating. I have to assume that is something that they are planning on changing but these multiple month stretches between very small updates are rough.

#1767 2 years ago

Been working with Spooky but posting here to see if anyone else has this issue and maybe has solved this issue….

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TAyWBVmLf2-rLo0lKfAh7SpsQlDFVGca/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1di2MxwsPj2GmxP_322KTSSVsAQdKTjm0/view?usp=drivesdk

Only happens with Baltan multiball. Switch test is good - stuck switch test is good too.

#1768 2 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Got my invoice yesterday #189 and paid! Wanted to pick it up in Benton but gas prices/time vs shipping ($335) made it better to just ship. Morgan was very patient with me while I made up my mind

But it's more than just getting a game when you pick up. You don't have to worry about potential shipping headaches, plus you get to meet the people that made your game! Well worth the time and money imo.

#1769 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

For Jirahs I’m hoping the timer stalls any time the ball is not in play

When the ball drops to the 2nd level, try to flip it out into the upper right so it drains to the main playfield without losing time in the subway and lifter. This should help your time. Then it’s really just a matter of finding that sweet spot to rip the spinners. If I rip this things with 2 or 3 really good shots I’m ready to cross the bridge. So if you can take down the jirah in two trips to the upper playfield you’re pretty golden. I think the current programming is pretty good as I’m crossing that bridge probably 33% of the time I’m intentionally going to battle some jirah. I’m a mediocre player. And I agree it’s a most satisfying feeling…incomparable to any other non wizard mode accomplishment of other games.

#1770 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

But it's more than just getting a game when you pick up. You don't have to worry about potential shipping headaches, plus you get to meet the people that made your game! Well worth the time and money imo.

I agree 100% - that is why we were planning on it in the first place. It is shipping with RL, so we are comfortable with that. We have two other trips to Wisconsin over the next two months so we figured this one could wait - maybe do a detour on our trip to Madison in June to swing by ...

#1771 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Oh snap. I did not realize it released with a ball drain. I’ve just always hit it right away to release. Adding a ball to every ball sounds like a good strategy to me!

I have a tendency to forget about it. LOL

#1772 2 years ago

#178 came today. I was a little worried seeing all the spots being put up for sale. But let me say this game is awesome. Haters must have poop in their pants or something. My wife was initially disappointed that Ultraman came before cactus canyon remake because she wasn’t into the theme but now loves it. The playfield is wide open and the shots are satisfying the music is awesome the light shows are cool as hell and its got the shiniest playfield I’ve ever seen. Lol. Two little glitches came up, one has to do with the flippers shutting off intermittently during a mode with the ball trough kicking balls into the shooter lane while the ball is still in play. The other has to do with the leaf switch on the left flipper button not aligning with the push button center pusher So the push plastic pushed past the leaf switch and was binding on it. The holes were drilled a little askew so they’ll need to be filled and redrilled. Other than that this thing is amazing so far.

1B0A6806-542E-440B-8F07-FD63AA5E8901 (resized).jpeg1B0A6806-542E-440B-8F07-FD63AA5E8901 (resized).jpegBBF8D173-B4C3-4E2C-B6AB-16666EA27F48 (resized).jpegBBF8D173-B4C3-4E2C-B6AB-16666EA27F48 (resized).jpeg

#1773 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

#178 came today. I was a little worried seeing all the spots being put up for sale. But let me say this game is awesome. Haters must have poop in their pants or something. My wife was initially disappointed that Ultraman came before cactus canyon remake because she wasn’t into the theme but now loves it. The playfield is wide open and the shots are satisfying the music is awesome the light shows are cool as hell and its got the shiniest playfield I’ve ever seen. Lol. Two little glitches came up, one has to do with the flippers shutting off intermittently during a mode with the ball trough kicking balls into the shooter lane while the ball is still in play. The other has to do with the leaf switch on the left flipper button not aligning with the push button center pusher So the push plastic pushed past the leaf switch and was binding on it. The holes were drilled a little askew so they’ll need to be filled and redrilled. Other than that this thing is amazing so far.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!! It was baffling how, as of a few months ago, there were only ~50 of this game that existed in the world, and yet somehow it seemed like the majority of pinside "knew" that it was a bad game.

#1774 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

When the ball drops to the 2nd level, try to flip it out into the upper right so it drains to the main playfield without losing time in the subway and lifter. This should help your time. Then it’s really just a matter of finding that sweet spot to rip the spinners. If I rip this things with 2 or 3 really good shots I’m ready to cross the bridge. So if you can take down the jirah in two trips to the upper playfield you’re pretty golden. I think the current programming is pretty good as I’m crossing that bridge probably 33% of the time I’m intentionally going to battle some jirah. I’m a mediocre player. And I agree it’s a most satisfying feeling…incomparable to any other non wizard mode accomplishment of other games.

There are some little shortcuts, totally agree. But the timer should stall when the menu is up to pick a kaiju battle. I end up slamming through that thing just to get over to Pestar and activate the lifter.

And ultraman's health is pointless since the timer is so short. I don't think I've ever had UM die now that I think about it and it's not for lack of trying to kill him!!

the positive about the new code is Jirahs doesn't last forever. I really like the timer in general. Just need to pause it when gameplay is paused and I'm a happy camper.

#1775 1 year ago

#189 has been delivered! Too rainy to bring down to the basement to setup today, I will have to stare at the box until the weekend

UM189 (resized).jpgUM189 (resized).jpg
#1776 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

#189 has been delivered! Too rainy to bring down to the basement to setup today, I will have to stare at the box until the weekend [quoted image]

2 day delivery?! Is Spooky turning into Amazon?!

#1777 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I know - amazing. Here is the timeline -

Options email Friday 11/15 in the A.M. I response in the P.M. I chose no butter (there are no other options on the CE).
Monday 11/18 late A.M. - Game is ready, invoice sent. I ask about shipping as I was going to pick. Shipping was only $335 so I said ok, new invoice sent in afternoon. Paid Monday night.
Tuesday 11/19 late A.M. Morgan lets me know they can load on a truck that day. I say sure and it came today (about 24 hours later, 300 miles away). Lift gate service, pallet jacked down the driveway to the garage.

I realize I am relatively close but still pretty damn quick. I wasn't going to be able to pickup until two weeks from now but did not expect it to get here so soon by shipping. Go Spooky!

#1778 1 year ago

Holy crap! I'm number 195!

Come on Joe, where's my email?!?!?

#1779 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

4:30 pm I get confirmation it is on the truck. 11:00 am next day it’s in my garage.

Kinda insane if you ask me.

#1780 1 year ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!! It was baffling how, as of a few months ago, there were only ~50 of this game that existed in the world, and yet somehow it seemed like the majority of pinside "knew" that it was a bad game.

The number of awesome games that pinside "hated" is uncountable. My JJPOTC, Stranger Things and UM are just a few. In a year pinsiders will be bitching that Spooky didn't make more.

#1781 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Fixed it. Notice the stock 1" screw only goes about 3/16" into the cabinet wood (that includes the pointy tip which doesn't grab the wood). The bracket was already loose on account of the screws being so shallow. Bought a pack of 1 1/4" screws and replaced all the screws on both switch brackets since the stock ones won't last long. Don't overtighten. Game is killer.
image_167857153 (resized).JPGimage_167857153 (resized).JPG

#1782 1 year ago

Just got #164 home late ast nite. Got up super early to unbox before work. Didn't have time to play, but did notice this. Any ideas where it came from?

20220421_084938 (resized).jpg20220421_084938 (resized).jpg20220421_085113 (resized).jpg20220421_085113 (resized).jpg
#1783 1 year ago

That looks like the beta capsule that goes over the scoop.

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 12.58.17 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-21 at 12.58.17 PM (resized).png
#1784 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

That looks like the beta capsule that goes over the scoop.[quoted image]

Wish I would taken a pic of that area before I left for work. I definitely don't remember any wires sticking outta that area but did think it looked bare and that piece wasn't over scoop.

Hope that piece is plug and play cuz I sure as he'll don't wanna be dropping soder on the playfield.

#1785 1 year ago
Quoted from tp:

Hope that piece is plug and play cuz I sure as he'll don't wanna be dropping soder on the playfield.

It appears to be the light bulb from above the scoop.

Just popped out during shipping.

rd

#1786 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It appears to be the light bulb from above the scoop.
Just popped out during shipping.
rd

Finally got home and took a look and yes push and turn and back on. Still haven't gotten to play as I'm changing ing the rubber, little wax, protection in shooter lane.

2 quick questions.

Blade from topper was just laying inside. How does it attach?
Also what color are the plastic protectors on this game.

Thanks guys, game looks stunning and can't wait to hit start which should be any minute now.

#1787 1 year ago
Quoted from tp:

Just got #164 home late ast nite. Got up super early to unbox before work. Didn't have time to play, but did notice this. Any ideas where it came from?

Airballs will also take that out..

FC8BC510-9440-45CF-A238-0542F4099859 (resized).jpegFC8BC510-9440-45CF-A238-0542F4099859 (resized).jpegFE2A7F47-E734-45EE-B5C9-234FBFC4FD67 (resized).jpegFE2A7F47-E734-45EE-B5C9-234FBFC4FD67 (resized).jpeg
#1788 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Airballs will also take that out..

I’ve put quite a few games on and have zero issues with airballs. No problems here!

#1789 1 year ago
Quoted from tp:

Finally got home and took a look and yes push and turn and back on. Still haven't gotten to play as I'm changing ing the rubber, little wax, protection in shooter lane.
2 quick questions.
Blade from topper was just laying inside. How does it attach?
Also what color are the plastic protectors on this game.
Thanks guys, game looks stunning and can't wait to hit start which should be any minute now.

Blade should have been attached seems yours had a rough ride !?

#1790 1 year ago

I've knocked the Beta Capsule off multiple times as well. I even had an airball so bad that it ripped that emblem above the single drop target off and sent it flying across the playfield.

#1791 1 year ago

Question on the 2 ball multi-ball: should any first hit into that spot trigger the drop target and trap the ball? I have hit the shot countless times since getting my game last Fall but have never locked a ball there. I am wondering if there's something wrong on my machine or if it's a lack of rules knowledge. I did at least verify in the Game settings that the target moves up/down.

#1792 1 year ago

#209 checking in.
Got my Butter / No Butter email from KingPin this AM.

#1793 1 year ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Question on the 2 ball multi-ball: should any first hit into that spot trigger the drop target and trap the ball? I have hit the shot countless times since getting my game last Fall but have never locked a ball there. I am wondering if there's something wrong on my machine or if it's a lack of rules knowledge. I did at least verify in the Game settings that the target moves up/down.

That ball lock is only active for the first few seconds after you plunge the ball. If you hit it then, it immediately locks the ball. I also believe hitting that target five times during game play will also lock the ball.

#1794 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That ball lock is only active for the first few seconds after you plunge the ball. If you hit it then, it immediately locks the ball. I also believe hitting that target five times during game play will also lock the ball.

Got it. This may explain it. I tend to short plunge on this one and try to get the targets down before the ball save timer goes off. I haven't tried that shot on a plunge in a long time (maybe ever).

Thanks!

#1795 1 year ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

I believe it just has to be the FIRST target hit. So if one of your targets on the left are still red as a skill shot option; then hitting the right Ultraman target first instead is the skill shot and locks her up.

#1796 1 year ago

Have to say, from what I've observed so far the playfield on this thing is stunning. Inserts are perfectly set and the playfield is as smooth as glass. Having a blast getting to know the game!
Notice which one I opened first?

20220422_091857 (resized).jpg20220422_091857 (resized).jpg
#1797 1 year ago
Quoted from tp:

Have to say, from what I've observed so far the playfield on this thing is stunning. Inserts are perfectly set and the playfield is as smooth as glass. Having a blast getting to know the game!
Notice which one I opened first?
[quoted image]

Saving the best for last?

#1798 1 year ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Got it. This may explain it. I tend to short plunge on this one and try to get the targets down before the ball save timer goes off. I haven't tried that shot on a plunge in a long time

One thing to be aware of, short plunging will cancel the skillshot. Ball has to go around for skillshot to stay active (this includes the JM lock).

#1799 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Saving the best for last?

#1800 1 year ago

I have been appreciating all the info sharing on the game and so looking forward to getting my hands on one - #199 on it's way!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/36?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.