(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 100.
#1601 2 years ago

Well, even at $7,700 I had zero takers so I guess I’m riding this Ultraman train a bit longer. Game still has a lot of potential, I just wish the improvements weren’t so unbelievably slow to roll out.

#1602 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Here are some things I did to my game in case others have issues:
I used a C-clamp to squeeze the underside of the scoop rotector in order to flatten it. This is why I was getting 100% rejects. It is now at 85%. I think I'll grind down the front edge of the protector when I get the time, and I'll bend the rear delflector so it is round like almost every other scoop in pinball.
Here it is before:
[quoted image]
Here is the c-clamp application:
[quoted image]
Here it is after, with an extra piece of mylar.
[quoted image]
Here are the original screw holes for my drops. Notice the factory hole on the right that was missed by a full cm.
[quoted image]
Here is my wood filler fix:
[quoted image]
Here is how I dealt with the upper PF ball hang. I raised the rubber by rolling it upward, above the divot. Then I sliced it almost flat. If the ball is at a stop, it will still hang, but I can now nudge it free.
[quoted image]
Here are some areas that I installed mylar, based on other comments here (thanks guys):
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This is crazy! I have one on order and I have been nervous after reading posts, but this post is really frightening. Have you reached out to spooky about the defects? I would think after all the bad press and the fact you are only building 500 machines your attention to detail would be on point.

#1603 2 years ago

Read through the Rick and Morty Thread. Read through the Alice Cooper Thread. Nothing new in this one...

Some people claimed they spent literal days on their Rick and Morty machines just to get them to 'shoot at all'. Please.

There are almost 200 UMan machines out there now and (more than?) twice as many Halloween machines.
Temper the complaints you are reading with all of the owners who aren't complaining but rather, flipping.

#1604 2 years ago

Maybe we can get some positive comments from people playing the game at TPF. Lots of good comments from the HWN folks playing it at TPF.

#1605 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Maybe we can get some positive comments from people playing the game at TPF. Lots of good comments from the HWN folks playing it at TPF.

Yea, lots of people should be getting their first plays on UM. How many of them are set up at TPF?

#1606 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, lots of people should be getting their first plays on UM. How many of them are set up at TPF?

#1607 2 years ago

I played it. Interesting game. It's going to be real nice having it next to Godzilla. It feels like a decent mix of stop and go and flow (mainly cycling ramps and on the upper playfield) and as stated before...some shots are real easy and some are not (lowest left scoop, right orbit, the super skill shot drop/lock.

If I had one visual complaint, its that there is some extremely noticeable 'screen tearing' on a fewof the clips. Not all and not the majority from what I personally saw, but there seems to be one specific mode where the framerate of the video doesn't match the refresh of the screen or something like that.

I did get boned in multiballs a few times forgetting that balls were just going to suddenly show up. I don't really give a crap what anyone else thinks....it's going to be an awesome compliment to the million shots per hour Godzilla.

#1608 2 years ago

I preordered a BSE. Finally played the game at TPF. At this point my biggest complaint is that I am going to have to wait until they finish the CEs before I can get mine.

Light show (which I am a sucker for) is great. Shot geometry is a little claustrophobic feeling, but really fresh. It's pretty much exactly what I was looking for to fill a spot in my collection.

I guess my second biggest complaint is that the upper playfield is really cool, but very few of my pinball casual friends will probably ever play on it.

#1609 2 years ago

Mixed emotions so far for me on the game. I hope the next code update cleans the game up.

#1610 2 years ago

Just for the record #144 played fine out of the box as opposed to my standard edition R&M (maybe one of the last games built) which required a week of tweaking. So I guess ask for yours to be built on Wednesday?

Can anyone explain the right drop target logic? That one is still a bit confusing. And also the Pigmon lights. No idea.

#1611 2 years ago

Also. I just set the GC on the one on the right.

#1612 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Just for the record #144 played fine out of the box as opposed to my standard edition R&M (maybe one of the last games built) which required a week of tweaking. So I guess ask for yours to be built on Wednesday?
Can anyone explain the right drop target logic? That one is still a bit confusing. And also the Pigmon lights. No idea.

Hit it in right off the plunge and you’ll lock a ball behind the target. You can then bring it back out for multiball or it acts as a ball save when you drain.

#1613 2 years ago

I’ll also throw it out there that I have had zero issues with my game out of the box as well. There were some ball search occurrences that were code related but I’ve never even had to take the glass off because something went wrong. Only potential big opportunity I’m thinking of tackling is the leveling of my 3rd playfield as I think it maybe a bit out of sync with my main playfield and that’s maybe what’s been causing some annoyances there. I’m not sure there is something wrong there but I’m going to check it out one night this week to see if it makes gameplay better.

#1614 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I’ll also throw it out there that I have had zero issues with my game out of the box as well. There were some ball search occurrences that were code related but I’ve never even had to take the glass off because something went wrong. Only potential big opportunity I’m thinking of tackling is the leveling of my 3rd playfield as I think it maybe a bit out of sync with my main playfield and that’s maybe what’s been causing some annoyances there. I’m not sure there is something wrong there but I’m going to check it out one night this week to see if it makes gameplay better.

Did you push the metal ball guild next to the post near the flipper forward a hair on the upper playfield ? Makes a big difference. Also the spinners on the upper playfield need to be adjusted to bring them to life. Small adjustments big outcome.

#1615 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I'm tempted on buying yours....just can't quite pull the trigger. I know it's not my style of gameplay, but would like to be along for the code-update-ride, and also try something completely different. Hoping someone buys it soon to take the option away from me.

#1616 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm tempted on buying yours....just can't quite pull the trigger. I know it's not my style of gameplay, but would like to be along for the code-update-ride, and also try something completely different. Hoping someone buys it soon to take the option away from me.

Ha I actually pulled the ad. I still know I’ll sell it at some point in the future but I actually had some fun with it the other night and my son still loves it. Absolutely a lot of work to be done but certain moments, like when you beat the Jirahs mode, are pretty awesome. If the code get a bit better and you decide you want one, just shoot me a message. I’ll be at an overflow of one game anyway haha.

#1617 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashleypinballs:

Have you reached out to spooky about the defects? I would think after all the bad press and the fact you are only building 500 machines your attention to detail would be on point.

There really isn't much point in contacting them. I'd have to send the entire game back for the drop target fix. I just decided to do it myself to actually save time and headaches. The rest wasn't as time consuming. Just a little shocking and annoying. Hopefully they up their QC as it was pretty bad on mine.

#1618 2 years ago

Anyone go to TPF? Wonder if anything of interest happened there in regards to this game?

I had absolutely no quality issues with my game from a quality issue aside from a piece of foam core that seemed to
come off of something and cause a minor play obstruction.

At this point Code is my only pet peeve. Hopefully that gets sorted out by the Summer and people will be clamoring to
get onboard again.

#1619 2 years ago

There was some weirdness with the games when I first tried to play them friday night. Got stuck saying 'calibrating switches' whatever that means. Reboot fixed it.

Where are they on the line right now? I'm in the mid/high 300's I think.

#1620 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

Where are they on the line right now?

Any updates on what number they are up to? Also any feedback from people that played UM this weekend?

#1621 2 years ago

They are in the 150's right now, I believe.

#1622 2 years ago

My only complaint so far is the subways that shoot the balls up into the inlane. It's fine outside of multiball but typically when I play multiball I'm looking farther up the playfield than the flippers so I missed a lot of balls coming that just drained instantly before I could react.

I only played a handful of games (spooky was the 2nd most packed lines aside from Weird Al). Hopefully it's something I can just get used to.

#1623 2 years ago

Nothing like trying to keep one eye on the upper playfields and another on the lifters. I have a feeling if you watch me play I look a lot like crazy eyes from Mr Deeds.

47F15E93-7504-45FF-9FE3-C0A1481F45EA (resized).jpeg47F15E93-7504-45FF-9FE3-C0A1481F45EA (resized).jpeg
#1624 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

My only complaint so far is the subways that shoot the balls up into the inlane. It's fine outside of multiball but typically when I play multiball I'm looking farther up the playfield than the flippers so I missed a lot of balls coming that just drained instantly before I could react.
I only played a handful of games (spooky was the 2nd most packed lines aside from Weird Al). Hopefully it's something I can just get used to.

That is what makes it fun. Geez. Everyone want easy return to flipper stuff. Pinball is random chaos.

#1625 2 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Any updates on what number they are up to? Also any feedback from people that played UM this weekend?

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

They are in the 150's right now, I believe.

low 150s pending parts for awhile now afaik. I imagine once the parts come in, there will be a fast burst forward.

#1626 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

That is what makes it fun. Geez. Everyone want easy return to flipper stuff. Pinball is random chaos.

Finally played it at TPF for the first time and both machines are certainly lookers. Good news is they both held up great most of the show and got confirm more changes to overlay screen coming soon.
You do get used to the scoop returns as I did throughout the show, but I’d call it more frustrating than fun at this point. Spooky commented an artwork mod could definitely help line of sight a bit. Look forward to getting more time on it again soon.

#1627 2 years ago

I bought the game BECAUSE of the weird layout and funky inlanes. Everything is so cookie-cutter now and I love weird shit.

I have no issues with them during multiball. Part of the challenge.

#1628 2 years ago

D7977652-E521-499E-A9A9-D8D4C872D4B8 (resized).jpegD7977652-E521-499E-A9A9-D8D4C872D4B8 (resized).jpeg
#1629 2 years ago

Just got the options email from Spooky.

#1630 2 years ago

#164 also got email options. Woo-hoo!

#1631 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I played it. Interesting game. It's going to be real nice having it next to Godzilla. It feels like a decent mix of stop and go and flow (mainly cycling ramps and on the upper playfield) and as stated before...some shots are real easy and some are not (lowest left scoop, right orbit, the super skill shot drop/lock.
If I had one visual complaint, its that there is some extremely noticeable 'screen tearing' on a fewof the clips. Not all and not the majority from what I personally saw, but there seems to be one specific mode where the framerate of the video doesn't match the refresh of the screen or something like that.
I did get boned in multiballs a few times forgetting that balls were just going to suddenly show up. I don't really give a crap what anyone else thinks....it's going to be an awesome compliment to the million shots per hour Godzilla.

I noticed the screentearing on the video clips. I wonder whether it's the small CPU (not a full PC) that runs the video just doesn't have the video processing needed? No clue otherwise.

#1632 2 years ago

There's going to be a LOT of new owners next month.

Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

It just takes time. The next update will include the first wizard mode.

#1633 2 years ago

I got my email too

IMG_1236 (resized).jpegIMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
#1634 2 years ago

Hi , you are so lucky guys !!!

Can' t wait for mine in France HOpe it will be in 2022 (SE no #)

Enjoy your game

#1635 2 years ago

Who's got #166?

#1636 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Just got the options email

What are the options? butter cab or something else? I am 204 and counting down the days.

#1637 2 years ago

I got to play an ultraman for the first time this past weekend. I like where spooky is going with it, but I can also see room for improvement. things that really stood out to me were:

- the lifters to in-lanes (yes, you have the visual cue but it would be nice to have an audio cue as well (something like a vuk solenoid firing sound, especially during multi-balls)

- the shots to the upper playfields (maybe it's just me and not know the rule set but there doesn't seem to be any indication when a shot takes you to either of the mini playfields. something with a flashing light for both the shot and the playfield that it's going to would definitely help

- kaiju death scenes. why isn't the ball held so that you can enjoy the video clip of the kaiju death? I defeated a monster and was watching the clip only to notice (too late I may add) that a ball was transported to a lifter and rolling down past my flipper.

the last thing is just an observation. the whole alien baltons behind the buildings / michael myers behind the shrubs looked great in the teaser videos and stills but loses something when are standing at the machine. no longer are the baltons "hiding" behind the buildings because of your angle and you can see them sitting out in the open as you're looking down on the playfield. maybe if the tops of the buildings/shrubs were a bit deeper to keep them out of sight, it would have made the effect much cooler than it actually is.

#1638 2 years ago

I’ve made the skillshot to the drop target at least a dozen times now and it never holds the ball. Is this a hardware or software issue?

#1639 2 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

What are the options? butter cab or something else? I am 204 and counting down the days.

For the CE version the only option is butter or regular cabinet. I went with the regular cabinet. I think the butter cabinet is a $1K upgrade.

#1640 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I’ve made the skillshot to the drop target at least a dozen times now and it never holds the ball. Is this a hardware or software issue?

Sounds like your opto isn’t working. Test it with the glass off and just roll your ball up there and the drop target should pop up and capture the ball. It’ not software as that’s been coded from the beginning

#1641 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

- the lifters to in-lanes (yes, you have the visual cue but it would be nice to have an audio cue as well (something like a vuk solenoid firing sound, especially during multi-balls)

There’s a big bass-filled “brrrrrraaaamp” and an “electronic hatch opening” sound every time the ball comes from a lifter. Were you playing old code or with the sound off?

Quoted from j_m_:

- the shots to the upper playfields (maybe it's just me and not know the rule set but there doesn't seem to be any indication when a shot takes you to either of the mini playfields. something with a flashing light for both the shot and the playfield that it's going to would definitely help

The middle playfield entrance is to the left of the scoop. You can access it any time.

If you shoot the middle ramp 3 times, announce says “Get to Headquarters” and all the inserts on the top playfield light up. Shooting the middle ramp will now divert to that playfield.

#1642 2 years ago

In tournament yesterday , player was in upper playfield. They tilted, player is yelling that game tilted on its own..he didn't do anything, I didn't see the tilt, so I'm not sure if he did anything or not. So tilt is flashing.. ball drops into mid playfield , then into scoop. Then it goes into the option to exchange spacium for your millions , tilt still flashing..he hits flipper button..and his score raises million, tournament director comes over, game still in tilt doing nothing, another player hits his flipper buttons and collects another spacium million. It was ball 3 and he was player 4, so tournament director put in his score as it was when tilt occured and did not award the extra few million, which would have been enough to win. Anyway, is this any known code bug, or just a total glitch?

#1643 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Anyway, is this any known code bug, or just a total glitch?

No idea but TD made the right call....glitch...bug....same thing. You don't get credit for "Accidentally winning due to a glitch" lol

#1644 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

In tournament yesterday , player was in upper playfield. They tilted, player is yelling that game tilted on its own..he didn't do anything, I didn't see the tilt, so I'm not sure if he did anything or not. So tilt is flashing.. ball drops into mid playfield , then into scoop. Then it goes into the option to exchange spacium for your millions , tilt still flashing..he hits flipper button..and his score raises million, tournament director comes over, game still in tilt doing nothing, another player hits his flipper buttons and collects another spacium million. It was ball 3 and he was player 4, so tournament director put in his score as it was when tilt occured and did not award the extra few million, which would have been enough to win. Anyway, is this any known code bug, or just a total glitch?

Tilt is not coded well in the game. Sometimes if I get a warning, I'll get a second one 20 seconds later. Then I know it will tilt in another 20 seconds. Sometimes I can still collect points after tilt, sometimes not. Sometimes I'll get another warning next ball too.

Sucks because the game requires quite a bit of nudging.

#1645 2 years ago

Ear plug mod will make the tilt much better. Spooky games need it especially. The tilt swings forever in those games.

#1646 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ear plug mod will make the tilt much better. Spooky games need it especially. The tilt swings forever in those games.

Here is a link for those like me have not heard of the earplug mod. Thanks Chuck!

#1647 2 years ago

My wife and I have been playing a bunch of UM, really having a nice time with it the past couple of weeks. Funny enough, the topper is really giving us a kick with the lighting effect. I wish we had a taller ceiling to get the full effect but it’s cool seeing the guys head zoom across the wall. Great work on the topper Spooky!

#1648 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My wife and I have been playing a bunch of UM, really having a nice time with it the past couple of weeks. Funny enough, the topper is really giving us a kick with the lighting effect. I wish we had a taller ceiling to get the full effect but it’s cool seeing the guys head zoom across the wall. Great work on the topper Spooky!

It's great to hear about positive developments--waiting on #307

#1649 2 years ago

#178 Options email came in last Thursday. Yippie!

#1650 2 years ago

Just unboxed #87.

Does anybody else have this problem…

During Baltan multiball, the balls load in the shooter lane but don’t launch right away.

When the multiball starts, the trough kicks the ball into the shooter lane but doesn’t launch. Then it kicks another ball into the shooter lane until there’s about 4 balls in there then the auto launch tries to launch all 4 balls into play. Of course this doesn’t work so they just sit in the trough and get launched half way over and over.

Trough switch works and auto launch works.

Any ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/33?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.