(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 100.
#1501 2 years ago

Installed the 1.06 update. Ran into issues was able to self-remedy. Spooky games very picky on the Thumbdrive format. Just use PC and avoid headaches.

After everything was installed. I actually had alot of fun playing Ultraman 1.06 and had to be coerced to leave the game and go to sleep.

#1502 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Not sure if this was shared here.. apologize if it has, but David at Ulek came up with these. I just ordered two for mine (apron and backbox).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are cool looking. I know it's a minor gripe, but I feel like the Bin Furuya signature plaque should be centered over that right speaker, rather than jammed into the corner.

#1503 2 years ago

I haven't played that much of the update yet...my game is having some non-update issues I want to sort out before jumping in hard. A few thoughts so far:

-Now when you hit the Baltan targets, the toy has a little "hit" movement. That's a nice touch.
-I'm not sure how I feel about the added sound effect for the risers. At first I didn't like it...then I kinda got used to it. Probably OK in the long run.
-Full screen clips all over for mode starts and shots made. Awesome.

I only played like 5 games of new code. I'll post more when I play more! Enjoy everyone!

#1504 2 years ago

Hoping I can update to the 1.06 code since 1.05 basically bricked my game with no trough eject and no left flipper.
I did use a PC for the update but had I'm sure at some point used that USB drive with a mac. I'm wondering if that could be part of the problem.

#1505 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yes, hopefully this will finally put that issue to rest (and likely start a whole new plague of "why won't my game accept the update?!" posts). It's just way more negative over there, to a degree that I haven't really seen in the HW thread before. Probably just a few overly exaggerated few making all the noise, but...yeesh. I could never work for Spooky, regardless of how awesome I think it would be....because the first time I have to deal with someone that's bricked their game three times in the same day....it's over.

My theory is that the whiners have sold their UM spots / games during the kanegate, so hopefully we are quiet here playing or waiting patiently.

#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Not sure if this was shared here.. apologize if it has, but David at Ulek came up with these. I just ordered two for mine (apron and backbox).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have a direct link to these? I cant seem to find them on the site.

#1507 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Hoping I can update to the 1.06 code since 1.05 basically bricked my game with no trough eject and no left flipper.
I did use a PC for the update but had I'm sure at some point used that USB drive with a mac. I'm wondering if that could be part of the problem.

If it's just a couple coils out, it might be a blown fuse. In a game, or in the coil test menu, you should be able to see green lights behind the fuses on the pinotaur if they're good.

#1509 2 years ago

So I am way down the line and haven't seen the game streamed much. Are the Kaiju Battles timed to where the iconic Ultraman beeping and narration explanation that "Ultraman's Solar Energy is drained quickly when on earth" in there somewhere?

#1510 2 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

So I am way down the line and haven't seen the game streamed much. Are the Kaiju Battles timed to where the iconic Ultraman beeping and narration explanation that "Ultraman's Solar Energy is drained quickly when on earth" in there somewhere?

Here is a recent stream, they were showing some of the 1.06 code that just released.

#1511 2 years ago

It’s not. Unless updating the code can blow a fuse.
Now I can’t update to 1.06 at all, having tried to RE image and restore as well as trying the .pkg standard code update.
Neither option went into any kind of code update and just cycles on like normal.
I’ll have to call Spooky tomorrow to trouble shoot this. It shouldn’t be this hard to update code on a pinball machine.
I bought a windows PC because I only had Mac’s and bought a 32g drive because all mine were 64g+.
Unfortunately the game was unplayable before due to the lack of code on v 1.02 and now it’s unplayable again.

Quoted from spooky_dj:

If it's just a couple coils out, it might be a blown fuse. In a game, or in the coil test menu, you should be able to see green lights behind the fuses on the pinotaur if they're good.

#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

It’s not. Unless updating the code can blow a fuse.
Now I can’t update to 1.06 at all, having tried to RE image and restore as well as trying the .pkg standard code update.
Neither option went into any kind of code update and just cycles on like normal.
I’ll have to call Spooky tomorrow to trouble shoot this. It shouldn’t be this hard to update code on a pinball machine.
I bought a windows PC because I only had Mac’s and bought a 32g drive because all mine were 64g+.
Unfortunately the game was unplayable before due to the lack of code on v 1.02 and now it’s unplayable again.

You’ll get there, Nashypoo! If I was able to update it with my Mac, anything is possible!

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

To Spooky
Ultraman should never die!!! Why not show Ultraman flying away to the right and add call-out stating”Ultraman needs to restore his strength.” Then you need to re-earn the mode.

Kaiju Zetton would like a word with you...

#1514 2 years ago

Did a full reformat again on the disc drive, started from scratch, put the usb in the drive with the gold sticker, still boots back up with no update.
I’m about 10 minutes from having a $9k bonfire.

Quoted from Rarehero:

You’ll get there, Nashypoo! If I was able to update it with my Mac, anything is possible!

#1515 2 years ago

If you light your game on fire make sure that you use lighter fluid and not gasoline. Gasoline will brick your game.

Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Did a full reformat again on the disc drive, started from scratch, put the usb in the drive with the gold sticker, still boots back up with no update.
I’m about 10 minutes from having a $9k bonfire.

#1516 2 years ago

That's very helpful, thank you. Thankfully, after 7 attempts I was able to reformat a 64gb disc as Fat32 and that worked. My 32g disc didn't so there you go. Had to download an external program called GUI to do that formatting.

That being completed, I still have 6-7 coils not working now, so I'm assuming I've got a legitimate fuse issue and it's not just code related, albeit caused while updating the code.

Anyone happen to know off the top of their head what type of fuses these games take?

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If you light your game on fire make sure that you use lighter fluid and not gasoline. Gasoline will brick your game.

#1517 2 years ago

We suggest 5A slow blow fuses for the solenoids. If a fuse is blown the LED beneath it will be out, also I would suspect each of your solenoids that are not working are have the same color wiring. If a fuse is blown, you replace it fuse, and it blows again; then we have to dig a bit deeper. Don't just keep replacing the fuse, at that point the fuse is just an indicator of a problem elsewhere in the game: bad transistor, bad diode, something shorted, etc. There is a service number inside of the game if you require someone to walk you though anything.

#1518 2 years ago

Love’n the new update! This game keeps getting better and better.

78B26AC9-E796-42AC-A500-7637FC475939 (resized).jpeg78B26AC9-E796-42AC-A500-7637FC475939 (resized).jpeg
#1519 2 years ago

Got some things fixed and played a bit more.

-There still needs to be some audio mixing work done. The voices still sound too "raw" for the most part. Announcer Guy is too loud. Fuji is too quiet.

-The new Timer on Jirahs mode has GOT to go. It was already a "Health Bar" mode, so a timer is redundant....but the big problem is that the timer doesn't stop when the ball is in a scoop. So if you have a few scoop-to-lifter moments, you get boned out of the mode before you even have a chance to do anything. The timer keeps running if you're in the Spacium Store! Please remove this timer. Hate it. Thank you!

#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-The new Timer on Jirahs mode has GOT to go. It was already a "Health Bar" mode, so a timer is redundant....but the big problem is that the timer doesn't stop when the ball is in a scoop. So if you have a few scoop-to-lifter moments, you get boned out of the mode before you even have a chance to do anything. The timer keeps running if you're in the Spacium Store! Please remove this timer. Hate it. Thank you!

I’m with you on that. I want tweaks to that mode so it’s not such a grind but I don’t think a timer was the answer. I would have much preferred what Bug mentioned on the stream about maybe making it so certain shots power up the spinner on the top playfield so you are still making progress even if you are elsewhere. Very often I get up to the top playfield and the ball drains down before I can even get a shot. The timer makes that way more frustrating.

I also really want a mode memory option. Getting most of the way through a fight and then having to start all over if I drain is the thing the makes me walk away from the game the quickest.

#1521 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I’m with you on that. I want tweaks to that mode so it’s not such a grind but I don’t think a timer was the answer.

As long as you could get in a butt-pretzel groove, it wasn't that much of a grind...part of the challenge is keeping it on the top playfield. Now that your timer is basically gone after a few falls into the scoop, it's more of a grind cuz you can't even do anything & have to start it over.

#1522 2 years ago

We still have changes planned for the Jirahs Battle. I think most will be happy with the final result.

#1523 2 years ago

This update is a big step forward; I'm really enjoying it. The full screen clips make a huge difference in the overall gameplay experience and its so much easier to have a “reaction” when you complete a shot.

Also, there are some significant lighting improvements that are really cool. Right away I noticed more patterns in the attract mode. But particularly in the Kaiju battles, the light strips switch to specific colors and it’s a really nice effect.

I got the Pigmon mode once (and I know nothing about Pigmon) but it was very weird and funny and I loved the video clips.

I actually *like* the Jirah timer, mainly because before it felt like if I qualified the upper playfield, that mode/music would take over the rest of the ball. So it’s nice that it can wrap up. Having said that, I understand if it’s not the ideal setup.

One bug I’m getting: when I start Baltan multiball, it loads three balls into the shooter lane before launching them, so they end up all stuck in the shooter lane unless I hand launch them.

Lastly- I’m not great with Pinside inside jokes, but did I hear a “Lionman” voice call??

Really pleased with this update and the progress the game is making; it’s feeling more and more “whole”.

#1524 2 years ago

LIONMAN!

#1525 2 years ago

Anyone know the ration of Halloween:Ultraman pins being built?

#1526 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Anyone know the ration of Halloween:Ultraman pins being built?

1250 HWN being made compared to 500 UM so 2.5 HWN to 1 UM being made.

#1527 2 years ago

Does the update contain the new song or music score they were mentioning they were excited about? Looking forward to getting the chance to do the update and play it. Likely not till next week for me sadly.

#1528 2 years ago

Been having an issue getting balls returned to flipper after entering the beta scoop during multiball. Balls are not fed until ball search happens, one ball let search. Getting a few balls in the scoop lets you play with one ball at a time in multiball.

#1529 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Does the update contain the new song or music score they were mentioning they were excited about? Looking forward to getting the chance to do the update and play it. Likely not till next week for me sadly.

Yes in the new Pigmon mode.

#1530 2 years ago
Quoted from Collasta:

balls returned to flipper after entering the beta scoop during multiball are not fed until ball search happens ...

Email Spooky support, I sent you a PM. They won't acknowledge an issue on Pinside.

#1531 2 years ago

That’s not true. They respond to issues DAILY in the HWN thread. It’s the same game. They can only keep a presence in a single thread.

Quoted from pballinhd:

Email Spooky support, I sent you a PM. They won't acknowledge an issue on Pinside.

#1532 2 years ago

I’ve noticed the beta scoop can be a bit sticky. What’s hanging up balls there?

#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

never ending software bugs
such a rough code
spitting out random balls for no reason
holding balls in scoop for no reason
end of ball for no reason, etc

#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I have both HW and UM They both had that issue for the first 20 games or so then just went away.
Just a matter of everything settling in.

#1535 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

such a rough code

Whiny ass bitches in the Owner's Thread...the problems are just endless.

#1536 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

such a rough code

I’ve never had any of those issues. You must have a mechanical or wiring issue. There’s no code doing this.

#1537 2 years ago

Happy to see 1.06 resolving problems, I passed on Ultraman after playing it late last year.

Congrats Spooky, I know it's taken a large effort to get here. Keep up the progress!

#1538 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:never ending software bugs
such a rough code

Always be trolling! Plus this dude will send multiple DMs that don’t make sense and then ask you if you’ve been drinking (and no I haven’t turbs)

Quoted from guitarded:

Whiny ass bitches in the Owner's Thread...the problems are just endless.

Splitting hairs here, but he’s a prior owner. Flipped Halloween the day after he thought they were sold out. Then lost money when trying to sell his UM spot.

Here’s a fun fact: every owner thread I’ve ever read from every manufacturer has people that have problems with their game straight out of the box. And some owners of those same games have zero issues. Same here with UN. Have you seen the scoop issue on Rush? Or pooling issues on GNR? Or encounter issues on Mando and switch issues on Mando and Godzilla and broken ramps on Mando, etc etc etc. it’s part of the hobby and the fun quite frankly.

At least Spooky’s playfields are not falling apart…and at least someone from spooky will engage with you and make a fix for the broad community when you have an issue (and so will AP). But I personally fought for months and months and months on issues with Stern. And I’ve heard JJP says it’s your fault if your playfield crumbles…so yeah.

Everyone that bought UM knew spooky is a boutique company and that’s part of the charm. If you have real issues, bring them to the table as feedback for spooky and know they’ll take care of it.

If you gambled on a flip and lost…suck it up.

But quit whining.

#1539 2 years ago

On the new code, how do folks feel about the Jirahs timer running while you're selecting another monster? In a way, it just makes it more tense, but it also makes me just pick the fastest monster I can to keep Jirahs going.

Are there any plans to do something with the Bemular pf when Jirahs is going? If Ultraman is at full health, I'm just wasting time in there. Just feels a little weird to say nawww I'm gonna let this ball drain on Bemular. Maybe give us more Jirahs time if we hit the drop target?

#1540 2 years ago

You get health on the 2nd playfield? There’s zero indication of this on the playfield or screen, at least that I’ve noticed. Adding some feedback would be great!

#1541 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You get health on the 2nd playfield? There’s zero indication of this on the playfield or screen, at least that I’ve noticed. Adding some feedback would be great!

I'm pretty sure it says something like "hit green targets for health". ...it might not be specific to the middle playfield...but, the inserts are green & flashing.

#1542 2 years ago

Yes.. main playfield AND 2nd playfield can gain back health..

#1543 2 years ago

Love the UM community! (not so much the complainers) And very much looking forward to #199! Appreciate all the new-adopters getting the bugs addressed for us late-adopters!! You guys rock. "Butt-pretzel groove" I am so intrigued.

#1544 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I made an earlier post on this. There is a metal blade that divides the 2nd PF hole drop from the scoop hole. If the pitch is too shallow the ball can stall in the subway. If you increase pitch it should help. The metal is at an angle so the ball rolls to the right with enough pitch.

If you are having issues on scoop shots hanging up, give Spooky a call.

#1545 2 years ago

503719C9-F92F-44A9-8BA7-229AB62F78A2 (resized).jpeg503719C9-F92F-44A9-8BA7-229AB62F78A2 (resized).jpeg

#1546 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:[quoted image]

Is that outgoing? I had thought you already had one.

#1547 2 years ago

He’s selling it and posted a write up about how the layout is bad…but then deleted it.

Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Is that outgoing? I had thought you already had one.

#1548 2 years ago

I hadn't really spent anytime in the Halloween owners thread until looking for answers last week. I have been quietly dissatisfied with my game since it's arrival and after reading a few key posts and spending time getting everything dialed in, I feel completely different about Ultraman.

I'm sure there are others like me who aren't reading along in the Halloween thread so haven't seen some of the fixes they present there. It would be beneficial to have those same videos and key posts tagged in this thread.

Here are a few that made all the difference in my enjoyment and playability of my UM.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/42#post-6665122

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/68#post-6773724

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/63#post-6754947

If you are getting ramp rejects, as I was, it's not how the game is meant to be and there is a fix. Take some time and get your game dialed in as it's a completely different experience. Wish I would've done more research sooner.

#1549 2 years ago

I still don’t get the hate for this machine. I am loving mine and the new modes are really fun. Yeah the layout is not for everyone but for me it’s a blast to play. the only shot that is not fun to shoot is the top left scoop. That thing is hard to hit.

I am still waiting on some music that gets my heart pumping or brings some energy to the game. Jirass and Dada have the best music so far in my opinion but where is Ultraman’s equivalent to Don’t Fear the Reaper?

#1550 2 years ago

Just unboxed my UM. Super fun few games. I'm assuming the angle of the drops is not normal?

20220314_174600 (resized).jpg20220314_174600 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/31?hl=stf_dnx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.