(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 101.
#1351 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...but it seems to consistently get stuck on something but I can't figure out what.

I would check to see if your guiderails are hitting either the coinbox or lockbar latches. Those are the two most common areas it can catch. They can be bent a bit, but don't push too hard or you will likely rip out the #8 screw. Also probably best to avoid moving them to where they touch a coil mounting bracket.

#1352 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I got Jirahs energy bar all the way down...but I had no idea how to defeat him. The LCD still said to hit the spinner...although maybe that's what I had to do?

I think that battle mirrors HWN house MB: knock the drop target down on the top PF and shoot the crossover ramp to defeat Micheal Jirah.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Sometimes one of Pigmon's eye inserts turns yellow and pulses. Why? I'm sure this means something...but what?

Think they light up as you play pumpkin beta capsule modes. maybe they pulse (or not) to indicate success/failure

Quoted from Rarehero:

seems to consistently get stuck on something but I can't figure out what.

might be the right side lockbar latch.

#1353 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I think that battle mirrors HWN house MB: knock the drop target down on the top PF and shoot the crossover ramp to defeat Micheal Jirah.

Nice, thanks! It's a bit hard to see, but the target & insert in front of it turn purple when it's ready to defeat Jirahs - the LCD still says "Shoot Spinner & Avoid drop target". Anyway - I did it, I defeated him - and it starts a multiball with the Japanese kids singing the Ultraman song...so funny. I love singing in games...Japanese singing might be a pinball first.

#1354 2 years ago

Typo on the instruction card. Although Kaiji does seem like it could be plural for Kaiju…but I looked it up….nope.

9BA535C9-766F-45D9-90A2-D6470A762E0E.jpeg9BA535C9-766F-45D9-90A2-D6470A762E0E.jpeg
#1355 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

it could be plural for Kaiju…but I looked it up….nope.

Perhaps in Italy.

#1356 2 years ago

who is getting an Ultraman in Australia ??

#1357 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think a lot of people are "conditioned" to only accept modern Stern designs as the "be all end all"...and that's their right. Stern has been putting out some phenomenal games, I can't fault people for loving them. That doesn't negate a game like this being enjoyable. If your only love is FAST FAST FAST, yeah, this game isn't for you. If someone hates upper playfields, not sure this will sway them. Everyone has different tastes. I love fast/flow games, but also really enjoy BK2K, TSPP, FGY, WH2O...an upper playfield can be a good time, IMO - and these are really fun with the drops, targets, spinners incorporated on them.

I agree. There seem to be a lot more Stern snobs in the hobby over the last few years. I love Stern games too, but I am in no way put off by games/flippers that feel different from Stern. It's actually kind of refreshing and adapting to the differences has always been a part of pinball. Some people also don't like upper playfields or any amount of stop-n-go, and they are very vocal about it. It seems to me like there's plenty of room for different styles of design, but it can be hard to cut through the static sometimes. On the filp side, it's good to hear a positive review from someone who has, understandably, been a little skeptical about HWN/UM.

#1358 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I agree. There seem to be a lot more Stern snobs in the hobby over the last few years.

What’s funny is, when I started in this hobby - the snobbery was all about B/W 90s pins, and Sterns were considered inferior in every way. Even though many of the B/W people were involved, Sterns were shit on - even the good ones. People would buy LOTR & TSPP for the depth, but still insult them & had to feign shame for owning one. Even though I love B/W pins, sometimes I’d state that I find myself playing my Sterns more. During the “bad years”, when I professed how much I enjoyed Iron Man & Avatar, I was ridiculed by many collectors. It’s interesting to see how tastes and tastemakers have changed.

#1359 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

how much I enjoyed Iron Man & Avatar

Avatar has ALWAYS been criminally underrated. It's got what is honestly my favorite multiball stack in all of pinball.

#1360 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Avatar has ALWAYS been criminally underrated. It's got what is honestly my favorite multiball stack in all of pinball.

Yeah, it’s a simple game - but had some really satisfying shots & great Lyman code nuance. Great movie assets, music & voice makes it really cinematic. Only reason I sold it is cuz I also had Iron Man & Tron, which are similar games from that era.

#1361 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, it’s a simple game - but had some really satisfying shots & great Lyman code nuance. Great movie assets, music & voice makes it really cinematic. Only reason I sold it is cuz I also had Iron Man & Tron, which are similar games from that era.

AAAAMP SOOOOOOT JACKPAWT!

Gets me every time.

#1362 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

People would buy LOTR & TSPP for the depth, but still insult them & had to feign shame for owning one.

Mmmm I don't recall this at all. People were certainly still crapping on Whitestar as opposed to WPC (flippers and sound were inferior) and also Stern's newsprint-quality cabinet art, but even back then folks recognized TSPP and LOTR as great games. They were happy Stern was finally making something worth buying (Monopoly was a good start but ehhh).

#1363 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Alrighty, it's probably too early for "first impressions", although these are actually my second impressions since I played it on location last year. ...

Thanks for sharing your game impressions and insights!

I sure hope Spooky develops the code and graphics to the collectively desired level. Seems to be LOTS of second guessing on pre-orders in meantime.

#1364 2 years ago

Weird bug, my son is playing and the multiball just keeps going and ejecting new balls whenever he drains. Not sure how he got into this but it’s been like a 10 minute multiball with a whoooooole lot of drains.

#1365 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Mmmm I don't recall this at all. People were certainly still crapping on Whitestar as opposed to WPC (flippers and sound were inferior) and also Stern's newsprint-quality cabinet art, but even back then folks recognized TSPP and LOTR as great games

Well there, you just nailed it. B/W fans would buy and enjoy them - but they couldn’t stop talking about the sound, art printing quality, the flippers are too loud, they’re clunky…

#1366 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Weird bug, my son is playing and the multiball just keeps going and ejecting new balls whenever he drains. Not sure how he got into this but it’s been like a 10 minute multiball with a whoooooole lot of drains.

Kid mode

#1367 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well there, you just nailed it. B/W fans would buy and enjoy them - but they couldn’t stop talking about the sound, art printing quality, the flippers are too loud, they’re clunky…

Exactly. And all that complaining got us SAM, which fixed the sound and helped the flippers. Cab art still sucked for years after but complaints eventually got that fixed as well. Not sure what "feign shame" means but the complaints were basically "this is good but can be better" not "I'm embarrassed for owning this." Maybe CA had a weirder vibe but we in midwest pinball central were very happy to get our hands on LOTR/TSPP.

#1368 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

HS2 Getaway had the underrun bug causing the ballsave to roll back to 255sec. Wonder if this has a 16-bit underrun, 18 hours of ballsave!

#1369 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Typo on the instruction card. Although Kaiji does seem like it could be plural for Kaiju…but I looked it up….nope.
[quoted image]

The other typo was Benular instead of Bemular. I reported that last year, did that get fixed on yours?

Screenshot_20220218-113858_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220218-113858_Gmail (resized).jpg
#1370 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

. Not sure what "feign shame" means but the complaints were basically "this is good but can be better" not "I'm embarrassed for owning this." Maybe CA had a weirder vibe but we in midwest pinball central were very happy to get our hands on LOTR/TSPP.

There was just this vibe in the air that collectors didn’t want to admit they actually liked Sterns, even though they did & still got excited about each new game.

#1371 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

The other typo was Benular instead of Bemular. I reported that last year, did that get fixed on yours?[quoted image]

Mine still has Benular.

#1372 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Maybe CA had a weirder vibe but we in midwest pinball central were very happy to get our hands on LOTR/TSPP.

My first 2 games were NIB LOTR/TSPP (after seeing them in a "Sharper Image" store in Los Gatos CA). At the time, I wasn't a pinhead/pundit...just someone that wanted to play (and could care less about comparisons). Loved both of them...still have LOTR.

#1373 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What’s funny is, when I started in this hobby - the snobbery was all about B/W 90s pins, and Sterns were considered inferior in every way.

Yes, I was going to post this yesterday as a reply to your review.

It’s amazing how it’s turned around.

Remember in 2010 when Ironman came out, Clay did a video review and just ripped it to shreds. “There’s nothing here!! Just a piece of wood! Look at this! This is crap!!” I tried to find that video a while back but it seems to have disappeared.

I guess newbys only know Stern pins now. And every new model is so f**king hyped up … best game ever! … until the next one.

For me - yes, they make some great games. But they’re all very samey. All have the same feel … and most have very similar play. Most code is far too confusing for the average person. I’m happy to play them, but I don’t feel the need to buy them any more. I’ll just play my old ones.

rd

#1374 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

For me - yes, they make some great games. But they’re all very samey. All have the same feel … and most have very similar play. Most code is far too confusing for the average person. I’m happy to play them, but I don’t feel the need to buy them any more. I’ll just play my old ones.

That's how I felt until I got bit by the Elwin bug. For a while, my last new Stern that I still have was Metallica...the last new Stern I bought was Star Trek LE, and sold it relatively quickly. I completely ignored the SPIKE years until Jurassic Park. That was the Stern "game changer" for me, personally. I bought a used Premium. Almost got an AIQ, but the code was too math chess RPG exhausting for me (although it plays great). I bought Godzilla LE, and that was my first Stern NIB since STLE. Very happy with my 2 Elwin's. I also have a Rush LE coming...which, to be honest - if it wasn't Rush, I probably would have passed. Dunno if the code is gonna be a style I gel with, and the design is basically X-Men, which I had and sold already. I'm hoping to put a pause on any new purchases for a while. I still need to sell some games to make room for my new ones...and I feel like I can really dig into JP & GZ for years and never fully uncover everything.

#1375 2 years ago
Quoted from richierich85:

who is getting an Ultraman in Australia ??

Yep. I have one on order. Just waiting patiently.
Is #89 kind of sucks having to wait so long even thought Spooky have long passed that order number and then the shipping times.

#1376 2 years ago

We just unboxed our Ultraman (our first Spooky Pin) and after a few plays....I'll give them props on design and show but build quality is a different story.

First, the subway that the ball drops into from the first upper playfield blew the screws out that were holding the subway to the playfield. This caused the ball to just get stuck at the back of the subway and they wouldn't roll on to the lift. I'll have to either get some larger screws or drill some new holes to hold the subway in place. (I'll probably do both)

Second, the small metal posts that hold down half of the flaps covering the lifts, both of them were loose. I didn't notice until one of them caused one of the metal flaps to buckle up, and that prevented the ball from rolling thru that side lane behind the slingshot. I tightened both of those posts down and they seem to be ok now. If they come loose again, I'll hit them with some blue threadlock.

Other than those issues, the game isn't half bad. Although some of the side shots are a royal b***h to hit, but I do like the feel of the upper playfields. The subway ball lifts are a neat idea, I wonder how well they will hold up over time.

#1377 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Yep. I have one on order. Just waiting patiently.
Is #89 kind of sucks having to wait so long even thought Spooky have long passed that order number and then the shipping times.

Arh nice, I'm #86 for a CE, supposedly our builds are coming up shortly...I wonder how many are coming in to AUSTRALIA....

#1378 2 years ago

Damn...I'm super surprised that a ball falling from the middle playfield had enough force to pull multiple screws from the playfield. That's a lot of force. They are standard #6s, which we use in areas where the ball is not taking a direct shot. Direct shot areas like standup targets use #8s. If you have a raiser on the right side of the subway, perhaps try a #8 in there. Obviously, just don't go any larger then that, or you will poke a whole though your playfield. If you choose to go with repositioning, make sure you maintain a decent downward slope where the ball crosses the opto under the Quick Battle scoop. If it's too flat you can end up with a ball trap.

In terms of the metal post holding down the lifter flaps, make sure you are holding the flap flat as you are tightening. In general I see them buckle up a lot more when they are super tight. They get pinched. The other thing to look out for is that they are not catching on the sling rubbers. I tent to have to set them towards the outlines.

#1379 2 years ago
Quoted from richierich85:

Arh nice, I'm #86 for a CE, supposedly our builds are coming up shortly...I wonder how many are coming in to AUSTRALIA....

Yeah. Would be interesting to know many numbers of Halloween and Ultraman that are coMing to Australia.

#1380 2 years ago

I get why deposits aren’t refundable. Would be so cool if I could roll it to a TNA (if it comes back) or another future Spooky game.

#1381 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I get why deposits aren’t refundable. Would be so cool if I could roll it to a TNA (if it comes back) or another future Spooky game.

Or just get your Ultraman & enjoy it like me.

#1382 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s the plan. Though this has definitely taught me to wait. I could probably get a CE for cheaper than what my BSE will cost me. Glad you are enjoying yours.

#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I get why deposits aren’t refundable. Would be so cool if I could roll it to a TNA (if it comes back) or another future Spooky game

I doubt you are going to be disappointed with your Ultraman.

Quoted from Rascal_H:

That’s the plan. Though this has definitely taught me to wait. I could probably get a CE for cheaper than what my BSE will cost me. Glad you are enjoying yours.

I don't think that is gonna last much longer, honestly. Kind of a perfect storm of the typical pre-order nonsense and the FOMO created by subsequent other releases.

Not a lot of the same sentiment in the Halloween Thread that you are finding in here. Mostly due to a few people complaining about a game they haven't received yet.

#1384 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The Dada mode is pretty cool. Did you find a way to update without having a PC? Didn’t think they implemented a Mac update yet.

#1385 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Cheaper...all costs considered? I doubt it, but you can DEFINITELY upgrade for "basically free". I bought my CE slot for 500. There was another one listed for 500 last week as well. I still have my BSE slot. If I forfeit my BSE slot entirely, I'll be in for 2000 on a CE preorder. Same cost as if I had picked a CE to start with. Assuming I sell my BSE slot for *any* amount of money, I'll have paid less for a CE than list cost. If I sell my BSE slot for 500 in a few months, I got the CE preorder cost for half the price. If things bounce back like crazy, and I'm able to sell it for more than 500....then that's going to be a really good day for me, but I'm not sitting around holding my breath on that.

#1386 2 years ago

I traded my TMNT for a CE and I too have a BSE on order. I hope I can gain some money back on my deposit but who knows what will happen in 6 months. Glad I upgraded, but looks like I will pay for my impatience.

#1387 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Oh yeah, I mean if I hadn’t pre-ordered & bought someone else’s spot - game would have been cheaper. It is what it is.

Quoted from spandol:

The Dada mode is pretty cool. Did you find a way to update without having a PC? Didn’t think they implemented a Mac update yet.

Mine came with 1.05 installed, which has Dada. Very cool mode. Fawzma said he’d send me files for Mac update…says they just go on a USB stick & it will update just fine. Not sure why these files aren’t put up “officially” for Mac users - but I’ll take what I can get.

#1388 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

which has Dada. Very cool mode.

The Dada mode is much cooler than the HWN equivalent - Stalker mode. But then I think there are multiple things in UM that so far have been executed better than HWN.

#1389 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The Dada mode is much cooler than the HWN equivalent - Stalker mode. But then I think there are multiple things in UM that so far have been executed better than HWN.

I think both modes are better for their perspective themes.

#1390 2 years ago

The thing guaranteed to make my wife laugh hysterically is a fake person/dummy falling off a cliff. The final blow in the Ragon mode is just that - an empty costume falling off a cliff lol…I hope the code updates go full screen on “shot made” clips like that. We need to see that dummy shot full screen lol

#1391 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I don't think that is gonna last much longer, honestly. Kind of a perfect storm of the typical pre-order nonsense and the FOMO created by subsequent other releases.

Quoted from Frax:

I bought my CE slot for 500. There was another one listed for 500 last week as well.

I bought that other spot. I wanted an Ultraman CE from the beginning, but hesitated and they were all sold out. Then Godzilla came out and Alien, and after getting on those lists I felt like that was my quota of new pins for some time. Well, I won't see either of those pins for a while (fall or later), and when this deal came up it was just enough to put me over the line, combined with a much sooner projected delivery date. Very excited as I was a fan when I was younger along with my brother, and he is going to be pretty surprised when he comes over and sees it in my lineup.

And by the way, most of my collection is older, I really only have two newer pins, Houdini and Munsters Premium (B&W) with the topper. There is no other way to say it, both of those had a similar pinside "reputation" in the beginning. And today, both have had code updates (several for Houdini, and two recent huge ones for Munsters.) Both are great fun to play, and I picked both up on the secondary market for a very good price. Ultraman will be my first NIB in the house - can't wait.

#1392 2 years ago

Ultraman has arrived! It’s time to fight some Kaiju.

2D62C208-A29C-4EB4-BBB2-F79FC756CE48 (resized).jpeg2D62C208-A29C-4EB4-BBB2-F79FC756CE48 (resized).jpeg5C50E5FD-0A67-4A97-980B-E26B4C2DFD01 (resized).jpeg5C50E5FD-0A67-4A97-980B-E26B4C2DFD01 (resized).jpeg
#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

I bought that other spot.

Congrats.
I was grabbing it if you didn't. I ended up grabbing a BSE the next day to maybe put out on route.

Very excited for my CE to get here.

#1394 2 years ago

Mine should ship this week. Guess I need to shovel the driveway.

#1395 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Mine should ship this week. Guess I need to shovel the driveway.

What number are we up to? Still waffling if I should get it, it’s a lot of dough. Hoping mine #227 is far enough out that most snow will be gone.

#1396 2 years ago

I'm 159 and still have not heard anything.

#1398 2 years ago

Definitely will be doing both! Right now we are trying to tie up as many bugs as possible then after we put the update out it's right back to content! We still have so much more stuff to add. There will be 8 scoop modes. 2 easy, 2 medium, 2 hard, 2 expert. Also a mini wizard style multiba mode for when you progress through atleast 3 pumpkin modes. Then a final pumpkin mode wizard mode to top it off. So 10 at the scoop currently planned (doesn't mean we couldn't add more but this is a minimum goal). Then you have the 3 main story multiball modes and there will be a wizard mode culminating the story. So 4 main modes there in addition to the 10 at the scoop. Also we have alot more to do with a combo reward system, mystery award, blood store improvements, extra ball etc.

The plan is to get 1 major mode into each update. Also we plan to go back and revisit all the older modes and improve them as well as bug squash periodically. Overall a really balanced approach.

Also still working on new animations, callouts, and UI stuff. I think there should be some big surprises in this area if we have our way. This all goes for both games!

#1399 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Ultraman has arrived! It’s time to fight some Kaiju.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You dry your hockey gear away from the pins (and family) right?

#1400 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

You dry your hockey gear away from the pins (and family) right?

They are dry before I store them under the pins but not much can escape the smell while they are drying Lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.