(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 100.
#1301 2 years ago

Ooooh. I wonder if 1.07 ends up having a certain feature a lot of us have been requesting. Either way super excited for code updates! 1.06 sounds amazing. Keep it up Spooky!

#1302 2 years ago

Glad to see how this is coming along. Looking forward to seeing the new stuff.

#1303 2 years ago

I have #186.
Looking to move back to save up funds. Would also consider selling my spot outright. Shouldn’t be too long of a wait now.

#1304 2 years ago

127 is landing at my house on Wednesday.

I was playing Godzilla with my 2-year-old, and she saw Jet Jaguar on the LCD and yelled "FIGHTER MAN!" (which could mean Spider-Man or Iron Man lol). I think she's going to be excited to see Ultraman. She loves monsters & superheroes. Looking forward to the names she comes up with for the UM characters...she calls Godzilla "Green Horsie" and Mecha GZ "Robot Horsie"

#1305 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

127 is landing at my house on Wednesday.
I was playing Godzilla with my 2-year-old, and she saw Jet Jaguar on the LCD and yelled "FIGHTER MAN!" (which could mean Spider-Man or Iron Man lol). I think she's going to be excited to see Ultraman. She loves monsters & superheroes. Looking forward to the names she comes up with for the UM characters...she calls Godzilla "Green Horsie" and Mecha GZ "Robot Horsie"

Ha my 4 year old son loves UM. To be honest I don’t enjoy playing it but it’s his favorite game. I may in time thank him for convincing me to keep it around for a while.

#1306 2 years ago

1.06 and 1.07 definitely both have major features y'all have been asking for. Some for HWN, some for UM. For UM, I personally think 1.07 will be the more exciting of the two, but I'm sure everybody will have their own opinions. Sorry for the tease :p

#1307 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

1.06 and 1.07 definitely both have major features y'all have been asking for.

giphy (3).gifgiphy (3).gif
#1308 2 years ago

I think this would be a sick song to add.

#1309 2 years ago

This is my first Spooky game. I am #204 and really like seeing all the support from Spooky here in the forums. The Spooky Luke youtube vids are also very cool to call out all the adjustments and things people have mentioned here in the forum. As a big ultraman fan this is a dream theme. Looking forward to lots of future updates to round out the games code. In the end I think this game is going to be a great game.

#1310 2 years ago

I have a Halloween Collectors and an Ultraman Collectors. Although Halloween is one of my favorite movies, I like Ultraman better.
Seems to shoot better for me and I like the challenging monster battles. The main issues I see is the spring on the drop left of the upper playfield
has broken a few times and one of the hedge Michael Myers just hangs loose I might need to replace the servo because it won't tighten.
Am excited for the new code for both machines. Something about Ultraman keeps me coming back for just one more game.
Very fun glad I got one. The scoop should have a more curved deflector ( like Stern) because the balls just bounce off it and don't go in the scoop.
I forwarded that idea to Luke. I appreciate how responsive Spooky is when there are questions and issues I have. Parts are also shipped promptly.
( fence and top plastic was broken in shipment ordered new one)

#1311 2 years ago

The space in that is important. This is the first time I've ever worked with or went to school with another Luke.

#1312 2 years ago

I came out of my office today and saw my son asked my wife to help him make his own Ultraman pinball so he could play whenever he wanted. I thought some of the Spooky folks might get a kick out of this. We usually let him only play a game a day on the real one and he always “accidentally” starts a four-player game.

6C7D2EFC-EADB-4663-9F57-AA3BD779C16F (resized).jpeg6C7D2EFC-EADB-4663-9F57-AA3BD779C16F (resized).jpeg
#1313 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

he always “accidentally” starts a four-player game.[quoted image]

Genius right there.

#1314 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

In the club. Not loving it yet, though need help with ball sticking lower right subway.
[quoted image]

Hopefully you have solved this one.

The only place the ball hangs up in the right subway (AFAIK) is the blade that is part of the underside of the scoop. It is too low for the ball to pass and prevents the ball from hitting the screws holding the scoop and posts in place. This is pitched at an angle so the ball will roll away but requires a pitch greater than 6-6.25°. The ball would only be hanging up if falling from the mid PF, as the scoop hole drops it on the other side of the metal bar.

If the ball is stuck waiting at the lifter it sounds (as folks noted) more like an opto or switch issue.

#1315 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The space in that is important. This is the first time I've ever worked with or went to school with another Luke.

I WAS SPOOKY LUKE FIRST

#1316 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I WAS SPOOKY LUKE FIRST

"was" ...

Edit: A part of me thinks a play flight online could be fun, but another part of me thinks some could think it's serious. I'm okay with "lpeters82" ... for now.

#1317 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

"was" ...
Edit: A part of me thinks a play flight online could be fun, but another part of me thinks some could think it's serious. I'm okay with "lpeters82" ... for now.

I say we have a spooky boxing match for charity and winner takes the title Spooky Luke

#1318 2 years ago

It'll be real awkward for everybody when AJ wins the title.

#1319 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I WAS SPOOKY LUKE FIRST

72113E5D-7560-49D7-8342-2A0CB301295B (resized).png72113E5D-7560-49D7-8342-2A0CB301295B (resized).png
#1320 2 years ago

I think pinside had decided that you were called “Spookie Lukie”

Or…

Spooky Luke 2: 2 fast 2 curious

In the future you may consider hiring someone named Duke. So you can have a “Spooky Dookie” on hand.

Quoted from lpeters82:

"was" ...

#1321 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think pinside had decided that you were called “Spookie Lukie”
Or…
Spooky Luke 2: 2 fast 2 curious
In the future you may consider hiring someone named Duke. So you can have a “Spooky Dookie” on hand.

I'm thinkin Spooky_LP might work.
Although I really like Spooky_Luka as its got the Suzanne Vega kind of thing going.

#1322 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I say we have a spooky boxing match for charity and winner takes the title Spooky Luke

Trial by combat!!! If only there was some other form of competition a PINBALL company could do instead, and no, you can't have Bug as your champion.

#1323 2 years ago

First he takes your name, next you will catch him chasing after your squirrel.

#1324 2 years ago

We should just start calling lpeters82 SpookyPete

#1325 2 years ago

SpookyPeter

#1326 2 years ago

I know there is a lot of bullshit out there, nervous future owners we are still loving our game.

83622809-CA0A-42B9-A191-3CD50A7656F4 (resized).jpeg83622809-CA0A-42B9-A191-3CD50A7656F4 (resized).jpeg
#1327 2 years ago

I played a few games on location. I have a Halloween at home, but UM is really fun. The Dada mode is cool. I like playing this when I’m at my location.

#1328 2 years ago

Added some airball wedges from hippies haven in the marketplace under all the baltan and ramp targets and it totally changed the game play. So much easier to maintain control. Beat me GC score right after I added them.

I also stuck a 2 3/4” x 3 1/4” neoprene rubber square on the underside of the subway beneath the capsule scoop to hide the wires under the subway. A much better look.

This game keeps me coming back for just one more.

E7BA2B89-9B0C-473E-9074-70B8DA93DF75 (resized).jpegE7BA2B89-9B0C-473E-9074-70B8DA93DF75 (resized).jpeg
#1329 2 years ago

Question: Is the Topper supposed to spin? If so when is it supposed to spin?

I haven't tested mine but wondered when is it supposed to spin. Is this part of a mode?

#1330 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I haven't tested mine but wondered when is it supposed to spin. Is this part of a mode?

Spins at start of multiballs and mode starts. also during attract. It is quiet, so I don't hear it and I'm always looking at the playfield or screen. I thought mine was broken until I saw it spin when my kids were playing.

#1331 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Shots into the baltan scoops will trigger it.

#1332 2 years ago

This weekend is going to be awesome, I get my Ultraman on Friday. Finally get to fight some Kaiju and master the butt pretzel.

#1333 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I came out of my office today and saw my son asked my wife to help him make his own Ultraman pinball so he could play whenever he wanted. I thought some of the Spooky folks might get a kick out of this. We usually let him only play a game a day on the real one and he always “accidentally” starts a four-player game.[quoted image]

That's.... basically how our first sketches look. Does he need a job?

#1334 2 years ago

Currently accepting all code updates. Please provide a link below:

#1335 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Currently accepting all code updates. Please provide a link below:

0178268A-6EB8-46F7-A34A-D9CF93096B05 (resized).jpeg0178268A-6EB8-46F7-A34A-D9CF93096B05 (resized).jpeg
#1336 2 years ago

Landed.

B8B7CE14-495E-42A1-90F2-DF431CFC086E (resized).jpegB8B7CE14-495E-42A1-90F2-DF431CFC086E (resized).jpeg
#1337 2 years ago

Very soon! I'm going to put some games on it tonight and see what I can break!

#1339 2 years ago

Alrighty, got it set up in its temporary spot - got a few games on it, but gotta do a few tweaks before really “playing”….but so far, pretty cool.

Quick question - the topper light strip is supposed to do cool FX, right? Mine didn’t work out of the box, but I wiggled the wires a bit and the lights came on - but they’re only white & red. No strobing, color changing or flashing.

Oh, and is the machine’s number supposed to be displayed anywhere? R&M had the number on the plaque, but my UM doesn’t seem to have it.

BTW, the multicolor sparkle on the speaker cutouts is CRAZY - is that how the whole armor is going to look on the Standard version? Holy moly, why didn’t they do the CE armor like that?!

286950D3-6115-4623-9D5A-68EB5228DD4E.jpeg286950D3-6115-4623-9D5A-68EB5228DD4E.jpegD1485477-4343-4C5C-9E99-D901C2CC1D64.jpegD1485477-4343-4C5C-9E99-D901C2CC1D64.jpeg
#1340 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Alrighty, got it set up in its temporary spot - got a few games on it, but gotta do a few tweaks before really “playing”….but so far, pretty cool.
Quick question - the topper light strip is supposed to do cool FX, right? Mine didn’t work out of the box, but I wiggled the wires a bit and the lights came on - but they’re only white & red. No strobing, color changing or flashing.
Oh, and is the machine’s number supposed to be displayed anywhere? R&M had the number on the plaque, but my UM doesn’t seem to have it.
BTW, the multicolor sparkle on the speaker cutouts is CRAZY - is that how the whole armor is going to look on the Standard version? Holy moly, why didn’t they do the CE armor like that?!
[quoted image][quoted image]

No numbers on the Ultraman games plaques. There was mention in one of the threads that they weren't sure how many they would need so the made them all the same. Benefit is, even standard games will have Bin's signature. That sparkle armor will be on the bloodsucker model.

#1341 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

No numbers on the Ultraman games plaques. There was mention in one of the threads that they weren't sure how many they would need so the made them all the same. Benefit is, even standard games will have Bin's signature. That sparkle armor will be on the bloodsucker model.

Charlie posted that he had a last minute opportunity to get the signatures but this meant sacrificing the numbered plaques. He felt signature was worth it. I agree. I found a $5 online solution.

FF1F5B54-9AA6-47F9-9B62-A2CFE603AA05 (resized).jpegFF1F5B54-9AA6-47F9-9B62-A2CFE603AA05 (resized).jpeg
#1342 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm really tempted to ask if they could do it for my CE. Probably not. I still have a BSE on order. I suppose if I really wanted to stretch my budget, I could hang onto the BSE slot instead of eventually selling it (I'm willing to sit on it a while because even if I dump the BSE slot entirely and lose my deposit I'm still in on a CE at cost....), and swap the armor.

*edit* Why does the signature on the plate have a drop shadow? Is it just printed and not actually signed?

#1343 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

*edit* Why does the signature on the plate have a drop shadow? Is it just printed and not actually signed?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/3#post-6621591

There’s a picture of him signing them in Post #104 of the thread, along with an explanation of the lack of numbers. I don’t have my CE yet, but I assume he’s signing on an acrylic surface that overlays the plaque. So the signature is above the surface of the printing by a small margin.

#1344 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It’s signed. It’s a thick plastic. I had the flash on & the shadow is on the bottom layer of plastic.

55CB70C3-AA10-4C54-94B4-8E49DD3ABE62 (resized).jpeg55CB70C3-AA10-4C54-94B4-8E49DD3ABE62 (resized).jpeg
#1345 2 years ago

Oh, that's crazy. I figured that might be the case, but I DIDN'T figure the distance or angle was enough for it to be that noticeable. Time to go back to Math and Photography 101, I guess.

#1346 2 years ago

I just looked at New Luke’s (Spooky Nuke? Lol) YouTube video from a few months ago and his topper is doing light show FX. Mine is static. I’ll have to hit up Spooky and see what the deal is.

#1347 2 years ago

Any estimate on how long before games around #250 are up for their final deposits? Three months sound about right?

#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Any estimate on how long before games around #250 are up for their final deposits? Three months sound about right?

Hope it's not another 3 months lol... I was hoping for mid-april on #253. I'm sure that'll make my wife ecstatic when my 9/10k (haven't decided on butter or not..) pinball machine shows up and she's getting like a 200 buck (or whatever) birthday gift. Maybe I should hope for mid-May instead to offset that scenario.

#1349 2 years ago

Alrighty, it's probably too early for "first impressions", although these are actually my second impressions since I played it on location last year.

Gameplay first:

-I'm happy to say I'm having a lot of fun playing this game today. After all the negativity, drama, people I trust telling me it's the worst game ever & they couldn't sell their spot fast enough....they're overblowing things & I'm sorry I got sucked into it a bit myself. I think this layout is a really good combination of "flow" and "quirk". I think a lot of people are "conditioned" to only accept modern Stern designs as the "be all end all"...and that's their right. Stern has been putting out some phenomenal games, I can't fault people for loving them. That doesn't negate a game like this being enjoyable. If your only love is FAST FAST FAST, yeah, this game isn't for you. If someone hates upper playfields, not sure this will sway them. Everyone has different tastes. I love fast/flow games, but also really enjoy BK2K, TSPP, FGY, WH2O...an upper playfield can be a good time, IMO - and these are really fun with the drops, targets, spinners incorporated on them.

-The overall feel is very nice. Flippers are strong, slings are strong, lots of rubber so there's some good random bounciness to the game that I feel has been missing in a lot of modern games. The center ramp sometimes bricks...not sure if this is due to the "half pipe" design, or if it's an issue with the diverter alignment at the top. Love the "butt pretzel".

-Even though the code needs work, what's there is a good start, IMO. Combos, Spacium, a bunch of monster fights that are unique and fun to battle, the Jirahs top playfield battle, and the Baltan locks & multiball are all a lot of content and fun. Music is fantastic.

-Most of what I'd like to see addressed with code updates is presentation related. The audio needs to be mixed better & more thought put into where voices should pop up (example, having Fuji's voice playing with the blaring horns of the Bonus music just doesn't work). Some things are confusing and need callouts or LCD text...example - I got Jirahs energy bar all the way down...but I had no idea how to defeat him. The LCD still said to hit the spinner...although maybe that's what I had to do? Spin more? Seems weird that the spinner takes his life down but there isn't a "final shot" to defeat him. Sometimes one of Pigmon's eye inserts turns yellow and pulses. Why? I'm sure this means something...but what?

-The balls going to the lifters isn't as annoying as I thought it would be. Yes, sometimes the game starts to feel slower if the ball keeps falling in the hole...but overall, not making me hate the game.

Quality:

-Very happy. Cab & decals are nice. Spooky's playfields are still the best in the biz. Like smooth glass. Love the sparkle on the speaker cutouts & wireforms. Since that's gonna be the Blood Sucker finish...I'll be honest, I kinda wish the CE had the sparkle trim. The blue color is nice, but I wish it had that rainbow sparkle in it! Oh well, I'll just stare at the wireforms.

-The audio seems pretty dialed in. The bass wasn't in "Taco Bell fart" glass-rattle mode like R&M was. No biggie if it was, it's adjustable...just happy when I don't have to adjust things.

-Some scratches on various plastics. Not thrilled to see that, but Spooky always took care of me with R&M issues, I'm sure they'll hook me up with some replacement plastics.

-Not sure if all the games come with orange plastic protectors - but I wish they would have gone with clear. The orange distorts the insert colors that are under it. For example, the lights for the left drop-lock shot are usually blue...but the orange protector makes it look like that insert is unlit.

-I've lifted the playfield a few times, as a spring came off my 3-drop mech & I had to fix it. It seems like when I put the playfield down, it gets "stuck" on something and it's hard to get it down completely. With a little shimmying around, it goes down...but it seems to consistently get stuck on something but I can't figure out what. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this...maybe it's just something obvious I haven't figured out yet.

Anyway - those are my early ownership impressions...bottom line is that it's fun & I want to keep playing. If you like the weirder unique designs of 80's and early 90's pinballl, and you like Ultraman or 60's kitch...I think you'll dig it. Those contemplating walking away from your pre-orders...try to find one and judge for yourself. I'm glad I didn't sell my spot at a loss or walk away.

Countdown to my friends who hate this game texting me to tell me I'm a piece of shit lol.

#1350 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Countdown to my friends who hate this game texting me to tell me I'm a piece of shit lol.

#unfriend

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/27?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.