(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 100.
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

He requested to stay anonymous but Holy crap I am envious. He did it himself!

What a jerk!

Unfortunately for UM owners Medisinyl is getting HWN and not UM. I think he's planning to lend his amazing talents to that game.
For not buying UM, he's a jerk too!

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Beat me to it lol

I saw it literally just seconds after Spooky (Bug?) posted it

This thread could definitely use some good news coming out of the shop!

And yes, those mods are killer!

#1253 2 years ago

So is it official, Halloween is going to get Blue Öyster Cults, Don't Fear the Reaper in a mode ???

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

So is it official, Halloween is going to get Blue Öyster Cults, Don't Fear the Reaper in a mode ???

Based on spookyluke’s comments in the Halloween thread, that’s the clear implication even if not officially announced. How they’re using it is unclear, but Luke is happy with the integration, at least.

#1255 2 years ago
Quoted from lawspud:

Based on spookyluke’s comments in the Halloween thread, that’s the clear implication even if not officially announced. How they’re using it is unclear, but Luke is happy with the integration, at least.

I may have to go back and reread what "The Other" SpookyLuke posted, but I think it's safe for me to announce that more content for Ultraman is coming.

#1256 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I may have to go back and reread what "The Other" SpookyLuke posted, but I think it's safe for me to announce that more content for Ultraman is coming.

Here ya go! Context was how Don’t Fear The Reaper would fit into the existing code/feel of the game (Halloween, not UM).

But since this is the Ultraman thread and I’m patiently waiting for my place in the production line, I’m excited to hear that UM is getting some love, too. Now, if only you could figure a way to make Don’t Fear The Reaper work with a kaiju battle mode…

D972CF2E-B89E-4C5F-913B-9DC6C8D9E4D3 (resized).jpegD972CF2E-B89E-4C5F-913B-9DC6C8D9E4D3 (resized).jpeg
#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from lawspud:

Here ya go! Context was how Don’t Fear The Reaper would fit into the existing code/feel of the game (Halloween, not UM).
But since this is the Ultraman thread and I’m patiently waiting for my place in the production line, I’m excited to hear that UM is getting some love, too. Now, if only you could figure a way to make Don’t Fear The Reaper work with a kaiju battle mode…

Ultraman is getting an exclusive theme song from one of the many Ultraman Series per Spooky's FB page.

#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Ultraman is getting an exclusive theme song from one of the many Ultraman Series per Spooky's FB page.

I saw that. Sounds cool. While my personal Ultraman experience is limited to the OG series from Saturday mornings when I was a kid, I think that expanding the IP of the game is potentially a good thing in the long run. Because I’ve never seen the other source material, though, that addition doesn’t pack the same punch for me as the addition of an iconic BOC song to the Halloween machine.

But that’s just me. I was attracted to the UM theme based on my love for the 1966 series. I’m sure there are others out there that prefer other eras of the IP. So long as the implementation is done well, I suspect Spooky can keep all of us happy with the end result. From what I’ve seen so far, I’m not concerned at all. The art is spot on, the theme seems well executed, and the code is developing at a good clip.

#1259 2 years ago
Quoted from lawspud:

I saw that. Sounds cool. While my personal Ultraman experience is limited to the OG series from Saturday mornings when I was a kid, I think that expanding the IP of the game is potentially a good thing in the long run. Because I’ve never seen the other source material, though, that addition doesn’t pack the same punch for me as the addition of an iconic BOC song to the Halloween machine.
But that’s just me. I was attracted to the UM theme based on my love for the 1966 series. I’m sure there are others out there that prefer other eras of the IP. So long as the implementation is done well, I suspect Spooky can keep all of us happy with the end result. From what I’ve seen so far, I’m not concerned at all. The art is spot on, the theme seems well executed, and the code is developing at a good clip.

For the record I really enjoyed the Ultraman song as well! Whole different vibe!

#1260 2 years ago

Now I'm just casually listening to other theme songs besides the 60s one and the 80s theme (around the 24:50 mark) is cracking me up

#1261 2 years ago

The Tiga one sounds like it would fit in perfect......in Dance Dance Revolution.

#1262 2 years ago

Looks like my Ultraman is shipping back to me next week. Just in time for the new update.
Shuwatch!

#1263 2 years ago

I heard there was an Ultraman movie in the works from a buddy of mine. Not sure if it's live action or animated though.

The Netflix Anime was interesting ( though rough ) kids hope it comes back.

#1264 2 years ago

I grabbed the slot for #253 yesterday, so just gonna sit on my BSE position for the time being and see what happens, but I'll be playing along sooner than later, and maybe a NIB Ultraman BSE shows up to TPF2023 for someone that changed their mind, who knows!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I heard there was an Ultraman movie in the works from a buddy of mine. Not sure if it's live action or animated though.
The Netflix Anime was interesting ( though rough ) kids hope it comes back.

Ultraman movie was supposed to be released last year but Covid delayed. Coming out this year.

#1266 2 years ago

#127 built & paid for. Wish me luck lol

#1267 2 years ago

In the club. Not loving it yet, though need help with ball sticking lower right subway.

AE60264B-072B-400C-BDCD-E060175C95C4 (resized).jpegAE60264B-072B-400C-BDCD-E060175C95C4 (resized).jpeg
#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

In the club. Not loving it yet, though need help with ball sticking lower right subway.
[quoted image]

Does the ball sit in the right lift, but not come up until it goes into a ball search? i had that happen every couple of games until i upgraded to the latest code.

Side note, I’m loving mine. The overall vibe (music/lights/art) and especially the interesting layout and varied upper playfield shots keep me coming back multiple times a day. Eager to see the code continue to evolve.

#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

Does the ball sit in the right lift, but not come up until it goes into a ball search? i had that happen every couple of games until i upgraded to the latest code.
Side note, I’m loving mine. The overall vibe (music/lights/art) and especially the interesting layout and varied upper playfield shots keep me coming back multiple times a day. Eager to see the code continue to evolve.

Yep. Awesome to know it could be a code update to fix.

Other issue is shots registering from the left loop.

#1270 2 years ago

What I've found with the ball sticking in the subway..

After a bit more play it seems to have "Broken In" and has not been the issue it once had been.
I also adjusted the pitch to be a bit more higher than default. 6.25% or so.

I also found a small piece of FoamCore that must of worked its way into tunnel when it was installed or
shipped.

I need to send Spooky the logs from my game at some point so they can troubleshoot one of the bug issues
I found.

#1271 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

From my experience with TNA and R&M, Spooky’s switches and standup targets seem to be kind of “stiff” & they benefit from being adjusted so they register with less “push”. I can’t tell you how much more fun R&M is when the ball grazes the targets and you get something & when the loops are totally responsive. Not sure if Spooky sources different targets & switches than Stern…but a little dialing in makes a huge difference. Of course I wish it was dialed in more like this from the factory, but it is what it is.

#1272 2 years ago

Setting switches is always a bit tricky. At home I set all of my switches super close, because I want them to register any touch. Especially, spinner switches. During game testing, I tend to leave them at the manufacturers default, unless there is an issue. The reason for this is that things tend to move a bit in shipping. If they are set to close and close, new we've got a stuck switch.

Your lifter switches are all optos. I would tend to suspect something physical blocking the ball, but if you are having any issues call or text support. They can walk you throught the switch test menu to see if there are any electrical issues.

#1273 2 years ago

Happened to see this for sale and got one. No real reason, didn’t even know it was a thing.

90DF2B1B-85B6-42D4-A8AF-9E67929BA68A (resized).jpeg90DF2B1B-85B6-42D4-A8AF-9E67929BA68A (resized).jpeg
#1274 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Setting switches is always a bit tricky. At home I set all of my switches super close, because I want them to register any touch. Especially, spinner switches. During game testing, I tend to leave them at the manufacturers default, unless there is an issue. The reason for this is that things tend to move a bit in shipping. If they are set to close and close, new we've got a stuck switch.
Your lifter switches are all optos. I would tend to suspect something physical blocking the ball, but if you are having any issues call or text support. They can walk you throught the switch test menu to see if there are any electrical issues.

I appreciate the post and response. I love how spooky is quick to help and the overall passion for pinball.

I’m not understanding the logic of not adjusting things. The other manufacture’s are simply not as bad here. Games need tweaked for sure. The original Avengers from Stern was horrible. Then the next 3 slots belong to Spooky with Rob Zombie, ACNC, and these games, then JJP.

It’s quite different knowing a Spooky game is not playable on day one compared with many others. Of course, the worst is Magic Girl, though that’s a joke.

#1275 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I appreciate the post and response. I love how spooky is quick to help and the overall passion for pinball.
I’m not understanding the logic of not adjusting things. The other manufacture’s are simply not as bad here. Games need tweaked for sure. The original Avengers from Stern was horrible. Then the next 3 slots belong to Spooky with Rob Zombie, ACNC, and these games, then JJP.
It’s quite different knowing a Spooky game is not playable on day one compared with many others. Of course, the worst is Magic Girl, though that’s a joke.

I should be more clear. Every single game is played and adjusted...multiple times over. I test every single switch by hand, throwing the ball, and during gameplay. I just don't set the switches as tight in the factory as I do when I adjust them at home, for the reasons previously mentioned.

#1276 2 years ago

My Ultraman was playable out of the box. Played for a couple of weeks before making a couple of adjustments. Just moved the uppermost playfield flipper position and the guide rail a smidge to make the butt pretzel smooth. My ACNC and TNA did not require any adjustments at all from the time I unboxed until I sold them.

#1277 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My Ultraman was playable out of the box. Played for a couple of weeks before making a couple of adjustments. Just moved the uppermost playfield flipper position and the guide rail a smidge to make the butt pretzel smooth. My ACNC and TNA did not require any adjustments at all from the time I unboxed until I sold them.

Good to know. We know there’s random variation with things. I do know the drop targets need more tension on them on all the games.

#1278 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Good to know. We know there’s random variation with things. I do know the drop targets need more tension on them on all the games.

Just be a little bit careful with switching out the drop target springs. During our testing with the heavier springs it was noticed that there were instances of the targets were not resetting consistently, causing the coil to overheat. Not saying don't change them, it's just not a change that we'd recommend as a "set-it and forget-it" solution. I have another shipment of springs on order and will be doing some additional testing next week.

#1279 2 years ago

Just wondering why you’re testing springs half way through the production run - shouldn’t all of these problems surfaced during development and testing?

#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Just wondering why you’re testing springs half way through the production run - shouldn’t all of these problems surfaced during development and testing?

Shit happens. Springs stretch after hundreds of plays.

Ask Stern how many times they tested the Rush Scoop. Or the Metallica magnet grab mech. Or the XMen Nightcrawlers. Every release has some changes on the line.

rd

#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ask Stern how many times they tested the Rush Scoop. Or the Metallica magnet grab mech. Or the XMen Nightcrawlers. Every release has some changes on the line.
rd

So Borg works for Spooky?

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So Borg works for Spooky?

Funny that all those games were Borg games.

Lots of others too - those are just ones on machines I have.

Ask me about my BM66 that arrived with the ramps not attached. And the cabinet that fell apart. Actually - don’t. I’ll get PTSD.

rd

#1283 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Plus, even though it's been months for Spooky, in terms of games built, it's probably the equivalent of a few weeks for Stern. So from that perspective, Spooky is making adjustments a similar number of games into the run as Stern does. It's just that Spooky is smaller and takes longer to build.

#1284 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It's not an either/or. Testing is an ongoing process that starts with development and continues throughout the entire run of a game. Naturally, multiple springs were tested during the development process. The springs that worked the most consistently were chosen for the production game. That will continue to be the case.

#1285 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Yep. Awesome to know it could be a code update to fix.

Mine only registered 40% of the shots made through the left orbit loop.
Also stuck in right scoop often, and many times the game never did a ball search.
I have videos of this on youtube.
Drop targets didn't drop half the time.
Same shit as my NIB ACNC. Lots of issues right out of the box.
Game randomly decided to end my ball and go to next ball, even though the ball never went down the drain!
Same with my ACNC. Software has bugs.

I sold machine. Too many issues, not fun enough to disassemble everything and fix.

#1286 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Also stuck in right scoop often, and many times the game never did a ball search.
Game randomly decided to end my ball and go to next ball, even though the ball never went down the drain!
I sold machine. Too many issues, not fun enough to disassemble everything and fix.

Jesus Christ.
I’ll bet you couldn’t wait until your last thread eject was lifted so you could come back in here with this shit and bitch some more.

You sold your game, move on.

#1287 2 years ago

Curious what others are doing on pitch. I had mine set at 6.7 between the flippers, but found the center ramp rejected too often. I lowered to 6.5 and manually bent the metal tab at the top of the ramp and am able to complete the ramp on a clean shot from either flipper more often than not.

Another item worth checking … the right outlane post didn’t have enough threads to hold tight, so it kept coming loose. Spooky identified that some machines went out with thicker washers. I just replaced mine with a longer post.

I also had more scoop rejects than I’d like, so I bent the backstop forward towards the player to force the ball into the subway. Before that, it was bouncing into the front lip of the hole and then into the beta capsule above it. I first tried some neoprene rubber, but it was probably too thick and made the rejections worse.

In my chat with Spooky working through some of these issues, they indicated that there are some exciting changes coming in upcoming code. I’m super pumped.

#1288 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thank you for having the courage to come back and tell us your real experience. We shouldn’t have to “tweak” and fix a new game, ever at these crazy high prices. Sell them for half the price and I’m okay with fixing things, but not at $10k.
This guy is/was an owner and appreciate him coming here and giving us an honest appraisal, after losing $2k on a virtually new machine. Yes, this is what those of us want to know that have purchased the machine. All my fears are being confirmed by experienced people brave enough to tell us the truth. Code is not going to fix this machine it appears. Because I love the theme so much and the awesome work the long gone R&M team did, I bought into UM/HWN and it appears to have been a mistake I will not be repeating again. Always hope the best for Spooky, but they really pulled a fast one, by leading us to believe experienced people that we trust like Bowen etc. were still there. Also, waiting weeks to show us game play, as Spooky knew the machine did not play so well. So many of us have lost money on this one. Glad Chuck said next release he will show game play before we buy, because he too knows what they did.

Quoted from turbo2nr:

I’ve had none of these issues !
I think you took one for the team.
Thanks.
Mine works perfect out of the box.

65ED7079-5895-4037-9619-91E57CB22922 (resized).jpeg65ED7079-5895-4037-9619-91E57CB22922 (resized).jpeg
#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I’ve had none of these issues !
I think you took one for the team.
Thanks.
Mine works perfect out of the box.[quoted image]

Sweet game room!

#1290 2 years ago

Got notice on my 142
Very happy news today.
I loved this game so much at the expo.
And I’m a big Ultraman fan.

#1291 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Jesus Christ.
I’ll bet you couldn’t wait until your last thread eject was lifted so you could come back in here with this shit and bitch some more.
You sold your game, move on.

Right?

Maybe he's just trying to figure out how many you have to get on the same thread before it's permanent.

Quoted from SorceressTech:

Got notice on my 142

Nice, only 111 to go!

#1292 2 years ago

I've been mostly silent observer. However I'm only 22 away at 164! Haha can't wait to play and see for myself how good it is!

#1293 2 years ago

Today was a good day folks. Not sure when they will be fully implemented, but many great things are coming for Ultraman.

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Today was a good day folks. Not sure when they will be fully implemented, but many great things are coming for Ultraman.

You tease.

#1295 2 years ago

New code is going to drop in the near future. Tons of fixes, tons of new full screen clips, a new multiball, and more!

And we've got something very very special in the works for the following update after 1.06. Can't wait for you everyone to see!

64mtgm (resized).jpg64mtgm (resized).jpg
#1296 2 years ago

I do. But seriously, since Bug added more context I'll just say...I can't decide if I'm more excited for everyone to see 1.06 or 1.07.

#1298 2 years ago

Looking forward to the new code!

#1299 2 years ago

Anyone know what number we are on? I am #212 and excited to join in.

#1300 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Anyone know what number we are on? I am #212 and excited to join in.

Around the 140's.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/26?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.