Quoted from Coindork:
If you go back and read the guys post history it’s pretty clear.
Let me save you the time of going back and looking all that up and give you the basic cliff notes.
- Spooky announces new games.
- Dude puts deposits down on 3 machines (2 Halloween’s and 1 Ultraman). Typical flipper move by placing extra deposits to try to flip them to subsidize the purchase of the third machine. I.E. planning to gouge the collector at above retail pricing so he can get a machine for free or below actual cost.
- Dude tries to flip his Halloween’s and it doesn’t go so well, gets called a flipper etc.
- Dude gets his Ultraman and loves it. He even posts things like “Love the machine” and “It’s a keeper”. Even posts pictures of his mom playing it wearing crazy sunglasses etc. I bet he goes back and deletes these posts, but they were still there at the moment I typed this.
- Dudes sales on his Halloween’s are not going so well and he’s actually loosing money rather than making money and Starts blaming Spooky.
- Dude starts to have a meltdown and decides to sell his Ultraman.
- Dude Finally sells it (at a loss).
- Dude systematically posts negative comment on every Halloween and Ultraman for sales thread because he lost money and totally trolls every singly sales add out there. Like every single add. The dude is relentless.
- Dude continues to troll by posting negative stuff in all the other Spooky threads until he gets ejected.
This is the condensed readers digest version of the story, but you get the basic idea.
I’m sure I missed something, but that’s the gist of it. Go through his posting history and look it up yourself if you like, it’s all there.
I’m sorry, but this guy is a product of his own creation and his problems stem from greed and poor decision making. A bunch of people bought these machines thinking they were going to flip them for a profit and that wound up backfiring on them. Halloween and Ultraman were announced when Rick and Mortys were selling at a big premium and even distributors were price gouging on things like Mandoloreon LEs. Dude thought he was cashing in and didn’t. Now he lost money and blames it on Spooky and has made it his personal vendetta to bash them every waking moment.
I’m sorry but nobody made him buy these. Further, Spooky is not a financial advisor and did not promises him a return on his investment.
If you want that, go hang out in the Stockmarket or Crypto thread.
This thread is about pinball and is a club thread.
People like him are the reason prices are going down.
Way too many people bought these thinking they were going to flip them and the amount of machines and preorder spots for sale saturated the market. He’s a product of a situation he helped create.
Like I said, go back and read his post history if you like. It’s all there.