(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 101.
#1001 2 years ago

The major concern for many of us is that we purchased thinking the same team that got spooky to this point and did such a great job coding R&M, was the same team doing UM/Halloween. Experienced layout designers of the past were also abandoned, which was discovered after making our deposits. It wasn’t until well after paying my $2k, that it was revealed by Bowen K that he was also no longer with Spooky. Gone too, the main programmer from the past that got Spooky to this point. Confidence in a completely new team trying to code 2 machines at the same time is quite low. Not to mention watching streams of players struggling to get any kind of flow going is also not encouraging. This is not complaining it is reality. As always hope the best for Spooky, that somehow they can pull this off sooner rather than later. But the troubling shots to the ramps that come straight back at the player without making it, along with the long subway/elevator ball delays and upper PFs having such short ball times and issues keeping balls up there is more than concerning. Love the theme and artwork, just troubled by the rest. Let’s go Spooky!

#1002 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I do really hope they put some better music or a variety songs in because it’s hard to get into a battle with some Kaiju while listening to such soft jams.

This, hands down. The score of the game could use some improvement. They have some good tracks - and soft jam is appropriate for many spots of the game - but the music could really use a bit of diversity and possibly something heavier for the monster battle. Spooky should have gotten Scott Danesi to do a little something on the music for Ultraman, he’s a truly elite musical talent and his style would have meshed well with Ultraman.

The above notwithstanding, the sounds of Ultraman are fantastic. Superb job with sound effects on this title Spooky!

In addition to some improvement to the score, the big thing this games needs: (1) ball staging to speed up game play, and (2) full screen utilization for the monster battles.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

The major concern for many of us is that we purchased thinking the same team that got spooky to this point and did such a great job coding R&M, was the same team doing UM/Halloween.

Yea, R&M is an absolute code masterpiece. The best coded game in pinball in my personal opinion and truly a world under glass. Spooky knocked R&M out of the park.

#1003 2 years ago

What number is spooky currently with Ultraman?? I’m all in on this theme since I watch and enjoy this as a kid. Hoping to get this as a complete finish game when it arrives. I believe I’m 250sh. I haven’t had a chance to play this in the wild

#1004 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

What number is spooky currently with Ultraman?? I’m all in on this theme since I watch and enjoy this as a kid. Hoping to get this as a complete finish game when it arrives. I believe I’m 250sh. I haven’t had a chance to play this in the wild

Early 100's as of now.

#1005 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This, hands down. The score of the game could use some improvement. They have some good tracks - and soft jam is appropriate for many spots of the game - but the music could really use a bit of diversity and possibly something heavier for the monster battle. Spooky should have gotten Scott Danesi to do a little something on the music for Ultraman, he’s a truly elite musical talent and his style would have meshed well with Ultraman.
The above notwithstanding, the sounds of Ultraman are fantastic. Superb job with sound effects on this title Spooky!
In addition to some improvement to the score, the big thing this games needs: (1) ball staging to speed up game play, and (2) full screen utilization for the monster battles.

Yea, R&M is an absolute code masterpiece. The best coded game in pinball in my personal opinion and truly a world under glass. Spooky knocked R&M out of the park.

Is ball staging even possible without changing hardware? If you turn the game on, how would it get the balls into the staging areas?

#1006 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Is ball staging even possible without changing hardware? If you turn the game on, how would it get the balls into the staging areas?

Of course it is. First ball in the subway becomes the staged ball and another ball is served into play. Ball enters subway, ball gets kicked out of the lift. Game over, kick all the balls out.

#1007 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Of course it is. First ball in the subway becomes the staged ball and another ball is served into play. Ball enters subway, ball gets kicked out of the lift. Game over, kick all the balls out.

Ok, with that then, you’ll have a point in the beginning where you might have longer delay times. I was thinking like BSD, as soon as you turn on the game, it automatically gets a ball into the staging area.

#1008 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Ok, with that then, you’ll have a point in the beginning where you might have longer delay times.

By like 3 seconds on the first ball.

You asked if it was possible with current hardware.

#1009 2 years ago

No Fear and Who Dunnit handle it that way: if the VUK is empty, the first ball to enter it is kept there and another ball plunged into play. Staged ball remains in the VUK from there on out unless needed for multiball, or removed manually.

#1010 2 years ago

Can someone please send Spooky a couple cases of super strong coffee?! Let's get something going on in here!!

#1012 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

No Fear and Who Dunnit handle it that way: if the VUK is empty, the first ball to enter it is kept there and another ball plunged into play. Staged ball remains in the VUK from there on out unless needed for multiball, or removed manually.

Oh, ok, thanks. I have only played those sparingly, so I didn't realize that.

#1013 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Can someone please send Spooky a couple cases of super strong coffee?! Let's get something going on in here!!

We're all working super hard to push out games while maintaining quality. As you can probably imagine there are always new challenges, but we are finding solutions to those challenges on a daily basis. Exciting things are coming.

PS: I prefer a lighter roast. You get more caffeine that way.

#1014 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Experienced layout designers of the past were also abandoned, which was discovered after making our deposits.

Who is this referring to?

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Gone too, the main programmer from the past that got Spooky to this point.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Confidence in a completely new team trying to code 2 machines…

Spooky has lost 2 team members that we know of. Who are all these others?

#1015 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Spooky has lost 2 team members that we know of. Who are all these others?

Scott Danesi, Eric Priepke, Bowen Kerins, David Van Es.

#1016 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Eric just put out a code update for R&M so I believe he's still with them. Scott doing a game for P3 Multimorphic but may be back to do another Spooky game unless that's changed.

#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Eric just put out a code update for R&M so I believe he's still with them

No he’s not, but he’s being a good dude and supporting his game. Eric rules!

#1018 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No he’s not, but he’s being a good dude and supporting his game. Eric rules!

Well that is strange, props to Eric for doing that.

#1019 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Scott and Eric were both contract employees. Scott works for Pinball Life for his real job and Eric was doing R&M after his day job too. I wouldn’t say either are lost, and they could be on any future titles they feel like, as I’m sure Spooky would contract with them again without a doubt.

#1020 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Gone too, the main programmer from the past that got Spooky to this point. Confidence in a completely new team trying to code 2 machines at the same time is quite low.

Fawzma is their main programmer and has been with them since Rob Zombie. Maybe you're talking about David van Es who left, he did animations and sound.

#1021 2 years ago

Saw these decal mods over on the HWN thread. They look really cool to me. I'm in for 1 if some brave modder wants to take it on.

cbda2f0c11743601f27bf62b0fb6bb1620c1008d (resized).jpgcbda2f0c11743601f27bf62b0fb6bb1620c1008d (resized).jpg
#1022 2 years ago

I am double-posting like a freak, but I noticed the Bemular pf, the ball will fly into the side art when things are just right. Does anyone have a recommendation for a part to place in where the phillips screw is right now. I'm thinking a post of some sort...but I defer to the Jedi Council here.

PXL_20220108_200826382 (resized).jpgPXL_20220108_200826382 (resized).jpg
#1023 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Scott and Eric were both contract employees. Scott works for Pinball Life for his real job and Eric was doing R&M after his day job too. I wouldn’t say either are lost, and they could be on any future titles they feel like, as I’m sure Spooky would contract with them again without a doubt.

This is accurate. Alot of people seem to be under the impression that we hired Scott Danesi and Eric. Although we would happily hire them they both have other careers and were contracted on RIck and Morty. Would love to hire Eric to code another game any time he wants. Obviously Scott is still welcome to do a game anytime he wants as well. I'm not sure where this perspective that we like hired and fired them is coming from. Although Eric did an amazing job on rick and morty I don't think it's fair to say he's our main programmer after only coding 1 game for us.

I will also note Fawzma is one of our longest running employees and has been our full time programmer for almost 8 years now. Coding the majority of our games.

We only made 2 team changes on this project and we replaced them with 4 team members. So this idea that we somehow have fired our whole team is absurd and flat out ridiculous honestly.

#1024 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I'm not sure where this perspective that we like hired and So this idea that we somehow have fired our whole team is absurd and flat out ridiculous honestly.

No one used the F word….but many of us assumed that the team that made R&M so special would still be involved with this game. That’s not absurd or ridiculous. However, it is our fault for making assumptions. It is what it is, and until the code is at a place that’s very polished & fun, there will be grumblings of this nature. Looking forward to not having to grumble. Ultimately we all want the same thing.

#1025 2 years ago

Played a few games on the Sega Genesis today.. it's hard to finish off the monsters at times but it's really fun!

#1026 2 years ago

In the last year we have doubled the production staff, including adding key talent... added an entire new building to house production (literally a couple months ago moved in), have a 2nd full time engineer / programmer in house for the first time in company history, and so much more behind the scenes.

Reminder: this is AFTER we bought a bigger facility what... 1.5 to 2 years ago??? Time flies...

We corrected and improved MOUNTAINS of electronics, assembly, ditched IDC's in favor of pneumatic Molex equipment, higher level no noise power supplies, and brought even more equipment in house for better controlled parts manufacturing in our own shop(s) to avoid supply chain issues that are hitting literally everyone.

We are pouring buckets of money, time, people, and talent into this company every week and intend to do more. We feel we have one of the best young companies out there, and yep... we know the code is not where you want it to be. Thank goodness its the 1 thing we can keep working on until we're all happy. Going forward, the goal is to have the game code MUCH farther along at launch. This wasn't the norm for any pinball company just a few years ago, but we know that's not the case today.

All of this takes time money and people. We just had our biggest year. That means you all expect more from us, and so do we... it doesn't happen overnight folks.

Peace & pinball ya'll. Spooky is only going up... enjoy the ride with us.

#1027 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

In the last year we have doubled the production staff, including adding key talent... added an entire new building to house production (literally a couple months ago moved in), have a 2nd full time engineer / programmer in house for the first time in company history, and so much more behind the scenes.
Reminder: this is AFTER we bought a bigger facility what... 1.5 to 2 years ago??? Time flies...
We corrected and improved MOUNTAINS of electronics, assembly, ditched IDC's in favor of pneumatic Molex equipment, higher level no noise power supplies, and brought even more equipment in house for better controlled parts manufacturing in our own shop(s) to avoid supply chain issues that are hitting literally everyone.
We are pouring buckets of money, time, people, and talent into this company every week and intend to do more. We feel we have one of the best young companies out there, and yep... we know the code is not where you want it to be. Thank goodness its the 1 thing we can keep working on until we're all happy. Going forward, the goal is to have the game code MUCH farther along at launch. This wasn't the norm for any pinball company just a few years ago, but we know that's not the case today.
All of this takes time money and people. We just had our biggest year. That means you all expect more from us, and so do we... it doesn't happen overnight folks.
Peace & pinball ya'll. Spooky is only going up... enjoy the ride with us.

Thanks so much for putting things into perspective and giving us a bit of a pep talk! As a future UM CE #350 owner, and hopefully a continued Spooky buyer in the future, it's good to hear this kind of thing. Helps calm the nerves.

#1028 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

many of us assumed that the team that made R&M so special would still be involved with this game. That’s not absurd or ridiculous.

Actually, it is.

#1029 2 years ago

It's a forum, will always have to many dickheads with there comments. Guys it's so so so simple, If you have a machine on order, when you get it play if for 6 months and worse case you don't like it sell the bloody thing. people selling there spots cause codes not up to scratch?? really?? I'm no ultraman fan but taking a chance on a machine that's a little unique and decent bang for your buck I rather do that then what, buy a RUSH or MANDO stern pinball with the quick cheap and build and outrageous price increase?? At the end of the day a pinball can be bought and sold. Spooky has not even hit a quarter of there builds and people are wringing? seriously? well that's pinball for you I guess......

#1030 2 years ago

My Ultraman CE from Game Exchange (#129) is coming up soon and I currently don't have the room. Would really like to grab a later number instead of leaving it in the box for a month or two. So I am looking at trading spots or would sell my spot to buy a later one.

Machine - For Sale
NIB - New in box (personal) - “Ultraman CE #129 from Game Exchange. I haven't received a build order yet but it should be coming in the next week or two. I am looking to move back to a later number. Ideally I w...”
2022-01-18
Coatesville, PA
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 106 times

#1031 2 years ago

Thoughts:

Maybe Spooky should offer a good faith deposit refund.
With a 10% refund charge for administration fees it would show good faith to customers and every one is happy.

If the Ultraman and Halloween turn out great down the road as Charlie says Spooky should have no problem selling the spots to buyers that want them and are happy with the product. Win=Win for everyone..

No company wants unhappy customers deposit money. Do they?

What do you say?

#1032 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thoughts:
Maybe Spooky should offer a good faith deposit refund.
With a 10% refund charge for administration fees it would show good faith to customers and every one is happy.
If the Ultraman and Halloween turn out great down the road as Charlie says Spooky should have no problem selling the spots to buyers that want them and are happy with the product. Win=Win for everyone..
No company wants unhappy customers deposit money. Do they?
What do you say?

CE preorder spots are selling for 5, 600 bucks, people will just start forfeiting their deposit soon. May as well let Spooky keep the 2 grand and actually teach pinball buyers (flippers) what a "preorder" is supposed to be.

edit: correct myself further down, misinformed

#1033 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

CE preorder spots are selling for 5, 600 bucks, people will just start forfeiting their deposit soon. May as well let Spooky keep the 2 grand and actually teach pinball buyers (flippers) what a "preorder" is supposed to be.

Fair point. I hope that more people get to play it at TPF and in the wild to create a more positive word of mouth which pulls these prices back up. Might be an opportunity for Spooky to make more money though by providing a partial refund then reselling the machine.

#1034 2 years ago

People selling the game aren’t all flippers. People are selling the game because they don’t like it. Their reasons for disliking it are valid.

Before someone insults me in a good vs. evil fit, I’m a buyer & my game is probably going to ship soon. There are things about the game I do not like. However, I think it would be stupid to forfeit my deposit, and I’m willing to “take the ride” & see if Spooky can fix it. This isn’t ideal. I’d rather be thrilled about my new expensive game, but I can’t change reality. We can have an honest conversation without defaulting to extremes.

#1035 2 years ago

There is far more grumbling in the UM camp as opposed to HWN. How do you all account for that? Proximity to Godzilla theme? Just seems strange as UMs are far more ltd and they basically the same game.

#1036 2 years ago

I know it’s not Ultraman but after watching some of Bug’s Halloween stream Spooky put out today gives me hope. I think streaming the game while giving an explanation and talking about future code updates will help ease everyone’s apprehension. Now if they would do it for Ultraman as well that would be awesome.

#1037 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

People selling the game aren’t all flippers. People are selling the game because they don’t like it.
(Before someone insults me in a good vs. evil fit, I’m a buyer & my game is probably going to ship soon. We can have an honest conversation without defaulting to extremes.)

People are selling the game before they receive or play it, they've got weak stomachs and they're trying to minimize their losses. IDK, I see no reason for Spooky to take a big hit and end up holding the bag because a bunch of adults don't know what a 'preorder' is. Maybe next time these guys shouldn't buy a game they haven't played if they're not confident in the team behind it.

#1038 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There is far more grumbling in the UM camp as opposed to HWN. How do you all account for that? They basically the same game.

I think it’s because we know Ultraman has the potential to be more fun, just based on the source material. Ween owners want to be scared. We want to have a smile on our face while we play.

#1039 2 years ago

Pretty ridiculous response to frankmac sensible thought.

Having many people publicly "throw in the towel" isn't good for Spooky/business. Spooky's growth and improvements to manufacturing & hardware are impressive, however software is what brings the game to life. The software on the UMCE I played wasn't simply unfinished, but bad (obviously subjective). Nevertheless, I've been buying games for nearly 2 decades and have never purchased a game this unfinished. My financial loss on the game isn't Spooky's problem...it's mine. I purchased the game without playing it because I had such a great love fest with my Rick & Morty. Didn't really occur to me that an entirely different team would be working on this game. Oh well...live and learn. Buying a game before playing it is always a risky move.

Maybe next time these guys shouldn't buy a game they haven't played if they're not confident in the team behind it.

Agreed.

#1040 2 years ago

People are selling the game before they receive or play it, they've got weak stomachs and they're trying to minimize their losses.

You act like there’s no context behind this. People are getting games and hating them fast. Trusted collectors who’s tastes people trust. That rightfully worries people when people are buying games like Godzilla and gushing about the experience, but selling Ween or UM quickly.

Maybe next time these guys shouldn't buy a game they haven't played if they're not confident in the team behind it.

We’re going in circles here - but many of us thought the team behind it was different.

In any case - what's the point of shaming buyers? No one is a "bad guy" here. Buyers didn't know they were getting a game that was barely past prototype code. It's in everyone's best interest for these games to be great.

#1041 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I purchased the game without playing it because I had such a great love fest with my Rick & Morty. Didn't really occur to me that an entirely different team would be working on this game. Oh well...live and learn.

Quoted from Rarehero:

We’re going in circles here - but many of us thought the team behind it was different.

This is the part that blows my mind, we've got a lot of guys in here acting like Spooky pulled a fast one on them and they had no idea who was going to be working on this game... do you guys not read anything before you commit to buying a 7 grand toy? What part of the team was a surprise after the announcement?
learn to read (resized).pnglearn to read (resized).png

#1042 2 years ago

This is the part that blows my mind, we've got a lot of guys in here acting like Spooky pulled a fast one on them and they had no idea who was going to be working on this game... do you guys not read anything before you commit to buying a 7 grand toy? What part of the team was a surprise after the announcement?

David Van Es is listed. He's not involved. Bug also said that Bowen was consulting. Bowen denied it later.

...but you're right. We made a bad decision...that doesn't change the facts and reality about this game at this moment: It's highly unfinished. People don't like it. You can't blame our pre-order ignorance for that. The GAME ultimately speaks for itself.

#1043 2 years ago

Rick and Morty was down at one point, up now. Alice Cooper was down, up now. Other companies games have done exactly the same things on many titles.

Speculation today is no indication of what tomorrow holds.

You have a commitment from a company to stand behind this game and get it right.... it shoots great, we have all the assets, it will get there.

Peace out pinball people. Have an awesome week!

#1044 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

And you were wrong.

Obviously, this is anyone's fault but your own.

#1045 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There is far more grumbling in the UM camp as opposed to HWN. How do you all account for that? Proximity to Godzilla theme? Just seems strange as UMs are far more ltd and they basically the same game.

Think part of the problem is that HW has just gotten a lot more "face time" on both sides....both from stuff Spooky has put out and from people with games in hand, fixing problems, reporting issues, etc. Like, for example, I'm posting more on the HW thread than I do on the Ultraman threads....because there's nothing being said over here, at all. It's just the same 2 or 3 posts being repeated ad infinitum. Meanwhile, if I'm reading the HW thread, I'm at least educating myself on the possible issues that may show up when my game arrives, so that I can quickly resolve them and have a better playing game if they're present on delivery. News and updates regarding things that the UM owners care about is slow to come out, and we're all just impatient little shits lol.

#1046 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We didn't "think" anything, we were TOLD in no uncertain terms that Bowen was going to be working on Halloween and UM.

#1047 2 years ago

do you guys not read anything before you commit to buying a 7 grand toy? [quoted image]

7k? My invoice was for $10,500!

Quoted from metallik:

We didn't "think" anything, we were TOLD in no uncertain terms that Bowen was going to be working on Halloween and UM.

That's my recollection as well...a player I have a lot of respect for.

#1048 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

And you were wrong.

No, he's right. We were told certain people would be working on these games, and that turned out not to be true.

#1049 2 years ago

K I'm gonna just own this one before someone else screencaps for me, I didn't realize this was so explicitly stated immediately before the preorders opened. That's... disappointing to see.

Eating crow at the moment.

I think Spooky may be learning the hard way why other manufacturers don't have casual conversations on Pinside.

pasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png
#1050 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:K I'm gonna just own this one before someone else screencaps for me, I didn't realize this was so explicitly stated immediately before the preorders opened. That's... disappointing to see.
Eating crow at the moment.
I think Spooky may be learning the hard way why other manufacturers don't have casual conversations on Pinside.[quoted image][quoted image]

The weapon with fingerprints and drivers license at the crime. Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/21?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.