(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 hours ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 101.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Why is everyone selling their pre order spot for the next run? I thought this game was amazing. I mean, I'm sure everyone has their own reason, but just seems like more than usual.

A lot can happen in 3 months time that forces some folks to sell.
Once the games start shipping it is not unusual to see folks selling their spots as the FOMO wears off.
8 machines out of 500 is not really a large number.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Why is everyone selling their pre order spot for the next run? I thought this game was amazing. I mean, I'm sure everyone has their own reason, but just seems like more than usual.

I haven’t played it still so not sure if it’s amazing. I have a standard that was thinking of letting go of as there are a lot of great games coming out. I originally got it because my son likes Godzilla and this was the closest theme but now I have a Godzilla LE on its way. The main reason I haven’t sold is 7k for a standard is a good deal now with how much prices have gone up and how much is in this pin

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

My guess is many had zero interest in ever taking ownership. They bought after seeing the resale prices of Rick & Morty.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Once the games start shipping it is not unusual to see folks selling their spots as the FOMO wears off.
8 machines out of 500 is not really a large number.

Which is why I said, "I'm sure everyone has their own reason". Also, there's been more than 8 just on here... and pinside isn't the only place that people can post for pins. My local pinball place, the owner has a sign on it that says, "$10k takes this home". So, was just curious if I missed something besides the obvious personal reasons or FOMO.

For the price, this pin is really good. I played the hell out of it and loved the sounds and everything. I was just curious.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

My guess is many had zero interest in ever taking ownership. They bought after seeing the resale prices of Rick & Morty.

This makes more sense to me.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

My 15yr old son who rarely plays pinball except to appease me I think, played my Ultraman. I had to take a call so I walked off. He came and found me - "Dad!! Ultraman is broken! It just kept shooting balls out over and over and over and also kept saying jackpot! Jackpot! on repeat!.... can you fix it?" Hahahahah. he was at 28mill when I came in.

I don't think I've ever heard Jackpot, but I did have one issue where I had an unlimited ball save during Baltan multiball. I tried to recreate it to report it as a bug to Spooky, but I've never been able to recreate that error.

Quoted from Lateralus:

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

This is definitely a big reason IMO

#58 2 years ago

~~~ SHUWATCH~~~!!!

Just heard from Squirrel that #56 is ready to roll.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Yeah. I just wrecked my car this last weekend. If I had crap insurance, or needed medical attention, my Ultraman preorder would probably be the first thing to go, since I'm selling Iron Man and Demolition Man to pay for part of it. Doesn't make much sense to hold the preorder if I won't be able to pay for the game later on anyways!

#60 2 years ago

#57 is ready to roll also

Oct 1 - received questions about cab style, shipping
Oct 14 - final invoice
Oct 26 - Ship date

Obviously your experience may vary... but that might help get a sense of timing for those of you further down on the list.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

#57 is ready to roll also
Oct 1 - received questions about cab style, shipping
Oct 14 - final invoice
Oct 26 - Ship date
Obviously your experience may vary... but that might help get a sense of timing for those of you further down on the list.

Those are my dates as well.
I think this reflects the first realistic data we have on UM ship times.

I will try to put a little more truth into the date estimator today.

#62 2 years ago

FYI: The link for the code update for Ultraman is active again on the support page.

https://new.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#63 2 years ago

I got my invoice a little faster.
Oct 22 - received questions about cab style, shipping
Oct 27 - final invoice
Still waiting on ship date.

#64 2 years ago

20211029_134033 (resized).jpg20211029_134033 (resized).jpg20211029_152425 (resized).jpg20211029_152425 (resized).jpg20211029_154242 (resized).jpg20211029_154242 (resized).jpg20211029_154254 (resized).jpg20211029_154254 (resized).jpg20211029_162616 (resized).jpg20211029_162616 (resized).jpg

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations!! Enjoy the honeymoon! It continues to impress me the more I play it.

#66 2 years ago

Had some odd behavior on first 10 games or so.
I decided to flash it with the latest code even though it was already running 1.02.
The game immediately behaved much better.

#67 2 years ago

I get that twice as many Halloweens were sold, and that some of the feedback on the initial (Halloween) code was not great, so UM is lower priority. And I'm sure any mode and rule updates added to Halloween will also be added to UM. But my concern is that Spooky is entirely focused on fixing the details in Halloween, things like callouts, animations, video clips, screen info/layout, etc. Hopefully UM will get the same attention to these types of details.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I get that twice as many Halloweens were sold, and that some of the feedback on the initial (Halloween) code was not great, so UM is lower priority. And I'm sure any mode and rule updates added to Halloween will also be added to UM. But my concern is that Spooky is entirely focused on fixing the details in Halloween, things like callouts, animations, video clips, screen info/layout, etc. Hopefully UM will get the same attention to these types of details.

I hope so as well. There isnt a lot of feedback from UM players here either which probably doesn’t help bring it attention. With current code there just isnt a lot to make me keep playing currently. We will see what our code update brings. Hopefully it’s pretty substantial.

#69 2 years ago

Code is pretty early and will be for a while.
Keep in mind that v1.02 was just released for HWN while Ultraman has already been running their version of 1.02 for a bit now.
Mine shipped with it.

I am pretty sure Bug and Fawzma are fully aware of appearances of favoritism as well as learning the challenges of coding two machines at the same time.
Don't envy them on this, but they just need to stay heads down and not listen to the grumbling and whining.

For early code UM is a blast to play, I am self impressed that i broke 30M over the weekend.
I will add the caveat, that i am an Ultraman fanboy.

#70 2 years ago

The base code between the two games is identical. In terms of polish the biggest thing for me at this point would be larger video assets during the battles and perhaps a better display system for the progress during the Pigmon modes. Something like heath bars would be ideal. I'd make it like Deadpool where the modes are timed and your health goes down over time and the kaiju's heath declines as you hit shots. Based on the updates for Halloween it looks like that's in the works.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#71 2 years ago

UMCE #77 has made it home!

20211103_124625 (resized).jpg20211103_124625 (resized).jpg20211103_151706 (resized).jpg20211103_151706 (resized).jpg
#72 2 years ago

#57 made it today! Was initially schedule for Monday, but R&L Carriers had a delay getting it to AZ. That must have been what the extra $10 was for

Had to adjust a rubber on the mid-level upper playfield, balls were getting stuck there 100% of the time, but the rubber on the post was just out of place, adjusting it back into place solved that problem.

20211103_100010 (resized).jpg20211103_100010 (resized).jpg20211103_105233 (resized).jpg20211103_105233 (resized).jpg
#73 2 years ago

Someone get a game in my hands and we'll have plenty of feedback to give.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

Had to adjust a rubber on the mid-level upper playfield, balls were getting stuck there 100% of the time, but the rubber on the post was just out of place, adjusting it back into place solved that problem.

Same spot issue on my game. Except my rubber was broken. Had a white replacement on hand so good to go for now. Kind of a chore getting that rear opto back in place when I changed it out but all good.

Anyway...........cool # 57 made it out to Arizona.

#75 2 years ago

kaneda reporting david van es [animations] out at spooky.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

kaneda reporting david van es [animations] out at spooky.

We'll just have to see the finished game with the current people working on it, could workout or end up being a wrong turn that stunts their growth as a company.

#77 2 years ago

I'll be "That Guy" for y'all today.
I wanted to move one of the RGB boards for better access to a screw. I did not expect these little boards to have locking thumb clips. So I summarily ripped it apart.

Fortunately Spooky threw a bunch in their Care Pack.

20211107_093032 (resized).jpg20211107_093032 (resized).jpg20211107_093055 (resized).jpg20211107_093055 (resized).jpg
#78 2 years ago

So how is the code on this game?
Meaning are there many code settings on it in the menu?

#79 2 years ago

Considering it is 1.0 code it is quite enjoyable.
My buddy came by and was thoroughly impressed by the game, and really enjoyed shooting it.
I've found that flashing the game with the same code a few times has kicked some of the glitchy aspects out of it.
It seems almost like it is not unpacking the code properly. But I am not a programmer so i don't really know what i speak of.

If you have an Ultraman coming you should definitely watch all of the Ultraman episodes and the battles and modes make way more sense.
Someone unfamiliar with Ultraman may not catch on to what is happening.
Anyways, this game rocks even at this early of a date.

Happy kaiju hunting!

Brian #56

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I'll be "That Guy" for y'all today.
I wanted to move one of the RGB boards for better access to a screw. I did not expect these little boards to have locking thumb clips. So I summarily ripped it apart.
Fortunately Spooky threw a bunch in their Care Pack.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm going to be addressing this in the near future! But yeah, if you don't realize they have that retention latch, they don't stand a chance. Luckily these boards are inexpensive and easy to replace though!

#81 2 years ago

I am super excited for my BSE just not excited about the wait. Lol. #388

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I'm going to be addressing this in the near future! But yeah, if you don't realize they have that retention latch, they don't stand a chance. Luckily these boards are inexpensive and easy to replace though!

Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic you guys overcame the loose connection issue that goes all the wY back to TNA.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

So how is the code on this game?
Meaning are there many code settings on it in the menu?

I feel like the code is pretty young and am hoping many more bugfixes are on the horizon.

I have had the mode select and/or spacium store appear on the LCD while in a multiball, and not as a result of hitting the beta capsule hole.

The interaction between having multiple things running modes/multiballs/etc seems inconsistent... maybe I just don't know the rules yet.

Friends who operate a halloween on location have mentioned things like if people put in $2 for 3 games, play a two player game, credit #3 disappears, also mentioned they cannot add service credits or adjust replay scores.

I've seen one or two of the modes where artifacts from the screen up before the started remained, like the balls left and credit count stayed on the screen...

I am hoping and assuming the bugs will get worked out. R&M felt much more polished when we got it, but we were #260 there and had a much lower number , #57, for Ultraman, so that could be part of it as well.

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I'm going to be addressing this in the near future!

Quoted from Morinack:

Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic you guys overcame the loose connection issue that goes all the wY back to TNA.

Yes, dear god this. I don't know what the deal with the prior games was, but please leave the locking connectors in place.

The "standard" for RGB connectors in PCs at least SUCKS. There's no retention at all, they fall apart if someone breathes on them. You pretty much have to use little retainer "shells" that clip over anywhere there's a M->F connection. I can't imagine there not being a clip on a pin, so I'm hoping that the 'fix' is documentation only so people know about it.

#86 2 years ago

Bug just posted on HWN forum to begin sending bug reports to his Pinside Inbox!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/24#post-6595571

#87 2 years ago

Just paid invoice for #81. All these preorder games are coming in at once!

#88 2 years ago

Picked up #75 on Thursday. Pretty happy with everything so far! The code needs a lot of polish, for sure. However, it’s enough at present that you still get a pretty good idea right now for how awesome this game could end-up being. I got a little time on it at MGC, but having it at the house really helps to explore a bit (and hear it better too). Also enjoying how it shoots so far as well.

#89 2 years ago

Side note—Noticed that they’re using a Raspberry Pi 4 as the computer for this game. Kinda neat. Was wondering when a manufacturer would consider this.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Side note—Noticed that they’re using a Raspberry Pi 4 as the computer for this game. Kinda neat. Was wondering when a manufacturer would consider this.

Now someone should make a mod that lets you switch between booting the game or booting into RetroPie to play games on the screen.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

It's actually an x86 single board computer.
We have considered using a PI in the past though, but there were problems both with performance and supply chain.
A more recent PI or compute module would probably work just fine, however the supply chain is effectively non-existent.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

It's actually an x86 single board computer.
We have considered using a PI in the past though, but there were problems both with performance and supply chain.
A more recent PI or compute module would probably work just fine, however the supply chain is effectively non-existent.

I see that now on closer look. Whoops! My bad.

#93 2 years ago

No worries
Easy mistake; they do look similar at a glance.
Just wanted to avoid any confusion

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

kaneda reporting david van es [animations] out at spooky

Yea, seems like a significant changing of the guard has occurred at Spooky. Hopefully the new guys can deliver a game as deep and nuanced as R&M with music and sounds that are as good R&M and TNA.

I played Godzilla this weekend at HAAG, both the pro and premium. Both models have hundreds of clips and incredible music and sounds with rules that are super fun and well integrated with the theme. I’m staying confident that Ultraman will get there but Spooky is going to need to let it diverge from HWN code wise and become its own game. They should look at what Stern is doing with Godzilla for some inspiration…rather than looking at HWN and then trying to back something in to UM following the HWN rule structure.

Also, who is replacing Bowen on rule structure? It is important to find someone that likes games who can see what will be fun. It’s a very specific personality that is good on developing things that are fun. The access to the assets Spooky has for UM should lead to UM being a big game by the time it’s finished if Spooky puts resources into it.

#95 2 years ago

FYSA,

I emailed Spooky this morning asking about the new style ramp and the beta capsule shooter rod.

They said they forwarded the request to Morgan to get "them" shipped out!

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

FYSA,
I emailed Spooky this morning asking about the new style ramp and the beta capsule shooter rod.
They said they forwarded the request to Morgan to get "them" shipped out!

Beta Capsule and Michael's knife are in stock as per Spooky Luke

#97 2 years ago

Just found the Club, number 96 reporting and awaiting invoice!

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Just found the Club, number 96 reporting and awaiting invoice!

Welcome aboard!

#99 2 years ago

We were starting to get some momentum in the hype thread so hopefully those members will migrate here and keep up the pressure.

SpookyLuke are the beta capsules going to be sent out in order of game build or how will that work?

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

We were starting to get some momentum in the hype thread so hopefully those members will migrate here and keep up the pressure.
SpookyLuke are the beta capsules going to be sent out in order of game build or how will that work?

We have started putting them in games on the line and I believe the girls will be working on shipping them starting from game #1 next week!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.