(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 101.
#901 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What's up with this game and airballs? I've never played another game in my life that has so many airballs. That damn thing flies everywhere. It's not just when the ball hits drop targets or stationary targets. It's simply when you flip the ball. The ball will leave the flipper bat and go airborne. I thought maybe it was the flipper rubbers for some reason. Swapped them out and got the same results.
Could it be that the holes in the playfield for the flipper shaft, are drilled in at an angle, causing a slightly upward motion when the flipper bat swings at the ball? I'm completely puzzled by this. I know I'm not the only one with crazy airballs.

Could be as simple as the positioning of the rubbers on the flipper bats. When you swapped them did you put them at the same height? They may be too high or too low making them launch the balls.

#902 2 years ago

I don't get many airballs on my game.

Not like Godzilla ( holy hell airball city - though it's cool launching the airball from right flipper backhand onto the mechzilla ramp to habitrail I'v done it 3x in a row - airball life - )

#903 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I've seen it in person.. been playing for a few weeks now. That protector actually sits lower than my DI cliffy. No crazy ball drama, no turn up playfields. You do realize its a metal ball hitting a lot of metal stuff in these pins right?

You do realize that hitting the 90 degree edge of something isn't the same as rolling along a smooth surface, or hitting a flat face of a piece of metal, right? Nah, you're probably right, I've only owned 50 games. I couldn't possibly understand where a ball might hit metal. If you're saying that balls are constantly hitting sharp edges of metal in your games under normal play conditions, then.......they are missing posts/rubber, or it's designed really poorly. Frankly, the most severe impact of balls on metal that I've personally experienced in the 60 games I own is.....magnet cores.

Anyways....thanks for clearing that up about the actual thickness. Guess it was just the angle and zoom of the picture then.

#904 2 years ago

Hey owners - I don’t have a Ultraman but I do have a Halloween. I uploaded a ring kit to the Titan Pinball website. Since the rings and sleeves are the same you can totally leverage it. Just change the colors to your liking and you are all set.

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Hey owners - I don’t have a Ultraman but I do have a Halloween. I uploaded a ring kit to the Titan Pinball website. Since the rings and sleeves are the same you can totally leverage it. Just change the colors to your liking and you are all set.

There is an Ultraman kit already posted on their database but it's always good to have secondary confirmation of parts. I'm waiting until mine arrive to decide colours though. Idk if purple or blue would work better and there are some spots I would likely colour match a bit. Idk, probably just go clear with purple flippers but we'll see.
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1997

#906 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

There is an Ultraman kit already posted on their database but it's always good to have secondary confirmation of parts. I'm waiting until mine arrive to decide colours though. Idk if purple or blue would work better and there are some spots I would likely colour match a bit. Idk, probably just go clear with purple flippers but we'll see.
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1997

The Ultraman kit is new today. I think someone copied my Halloween kit and rebranded it as Ultraman (which is OK by me). Just makes life easier for the next guy. I know this because the official Spooky list was missing a couple rings and the Ultraman Kit has them listed (just like my kit).

#907 2 years ago

Another cause of airballs is non-waxed playfields. The ball should slide more than roll when flipped... if it gets a good forward roll, it'll want to "climb" posts and targets when it hits them due to the rotation. Make sure the playfield is waxed and slick.

#908 2 years ago

Hey, does anyone have this Ultraman print that might be willing to sell? https://store.nakatomiinc.com/ultraman-attackpeter.aspx

#909 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hey, does anyone have this Ultraman print that might be willing to sell? https://store.nakatomiinc.com/ultraman-attackpeter.aspx

There's at least several on ebay right now around $200 which looks like the original print price. Just search "ultraman attack peter"
ebay.com link: sch

Also here though I have no idea the quality of this site:
https://store.skybound.com/products/attack-peters-ultraman-artist-proof-with-bonus-gyango-attacks-block-prints

#910 2 years ago
Quoted from deosil:

There's at least several on ebay right now around $200 which looks like the original print price. Just search "ultraman attack peter"
https://store.skybound.com/products/attack-peters-ultraman-artist-proof-with-bonus-gyango-attacks-block-prints

Here's the story - the poster was a gift from my son. We took it to a reputable framing shop and they apparently lost it. So they were asking how they could purchase another copy for us. I'll forward them the ebay links, thanks!

#911 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Here's the story - the poster was a gift from my son. We took it to a reputable framing shop and they apparently lost it. So they were asking how they could purchase another copy for us. I'll forward them the ebay links, thanks!

Wow. That's pretty standup of them. It's a shame that things like this are the exception rather than the rule these days.

#912 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

that suuucks. I have a regular frame guy I go to and they always ask me like "is this art replaceable" because there's a miniscule chance of the dry mounting process going wrong and damaging the print (and technically there are other mounting routes to take if you wanted to play it safe). And every time I say yes and to go ahead with the dry mount, when I know it's a 5 y.o. out of print poster that is impossible to source, I know I'm playing with fire. So far though there've been no mishaps.

Glad it looks like there's a chance for them to make it right though!

#913 2 years ago

Possible that Spooky could post a production counter on Facebook or the website? It would be nice to know each week what # games are shipping? I could be wrong but it seems like Halloween has been made 3 to 1 so far over Ultraman? Just think it would be nice to see, that's all. Thanks!

#914 2 years ago

What’s the verdict on the most recent code update? Somewhat improved? Greatly improved?

#915 2 years ago

3 to 1 sounds almost right. 1250 vs 500 production runs?

#916 2 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

What’s the verdict on the most recent code update? Somewhat improved? Greatly improved?

From what I saw on the "Flippin_ A" stream it looked improved with the new Dada expert mode and started to include some full screen clips, they did find a call out bug that needed addressed and Spooky is on it. I don't have my game yet so I can't comment on how far it's come from day one.

#917 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Could be as simple as the positioning of the rubbers on the flipper bats. When you swapped them did you put them at the same height? They may be too high or too low making them launch the balls.

That’s not the case. Flipper rubbers are installed properly.

#918 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

3 to 1 sounds almost right. 1250 vs 500 production runs?

Yeah. I thought the target should be 2.5 to 1, but might be differences in when they're receiving parts, bulk shipments overseas that are heavily skewed towards HW or UM but all need to ship at same time etc.. it's going to fluctuate.

#919 2 years ago

has anyone had a ball get trapped near the drop hole to the shooter lane? there are two rubber rings that make it hella tight to get through.

PXL_20220108_200826382 (resized).jpgPXL_20220108_200826382 (resized).jpg
#920 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

has anyone had a ball get trapped near the drop hole to the shooter lane? there are two rubber rings that make it hella tight to get through. [quoted image]

Just pull any slack in the rubber away from the opening.

#921 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Just pull any slack in the rubber away from the opening.

you are a champion! And I hope you have no life so you can help us more! j/k. Have fun skiing bro!!

#922 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

has anyone had a ball get trapped near the drop hole to the shooter lane? there are two rubber rings that make it hella tight to get through. [quoted image]

There is a lot of rubber in that area. I couldn't adjust what was there so I started swapping parts. The final fix was to remove the plastic single post and add a #6 1" nylon spacer and a Stern style tapered slim post sleeve. Everything worked as it should after that.

20211227_142831 (resized).jpg20211227_142831 (resized).jpg20211227_142842 (resized).jpg20211227_142842 (resized).jpg20220104_195414 (resized).jpg20220104_195414 (resized).jpg
#923 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

you are a champion! And I hope you have no life so you can help us more! j/k. Have fun skiing bro!!

Actually we started to have freezing rain, so we ended up not going. Hopefully tomorrow.

#924 2 years ago

Does anyone know who did the callouts on this game?

#925 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Kyle Yount is the male voice. He hosts Kaijucast. Bug mentions the woman in one of the many interviews, but I don't recall off hand.

#926 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The role of Fuji, the only female member of the SSSP is voiced by Miwako Heverly
20220110_131319 (resized).jpg20220110_131319 (resized).jpg

#927 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Actually we started to have freezing rain, so we ended up not going. Hopefully tomorrow.

Luke, thanks for those videos. My game is a ways off, but I'm sure you will have it dialed in nicely. I wondered about something after seeing your game with that top plastic off. Are they all milled with that tear drop cut out being misaligned with the art, so much? Or has that been fixed this far into production? It also just dawned on me that there is a Baltan spinner on the Jirahs playfield. LOL

#928 2 years ago

Another ball stuck question. I searched already and will delete post if it's been answered.

The ball is sticking in the gap between the trough and upper pf. Any tips are appreciated!

PXL_20220110_195926835 (resized).jpgPXL_20220110_195926835 (resized).jpg
#929 2 years ago

Finally had a chance to play Halloween this weekend and it put any concerns I had about my Ultraman preorder to rest. Really fun shooter, I thought the rules/modes (or at least the few I saw) were executed well with good variety and good use of the playfield(s). At a place with 200+ pins on the floor it didn't feel like anything else there. Really excited to get my Standard ...in another year or so.

#930 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Another ball stuck question. I searched already and will delete post if it's been answered.
The ball is sticking in the gap between the trough and upper pf. Any tips are appreciated! [quoted image]

Looks like that metal slope is just a little too high. You probably just have to push down on the front right side of it to bend it to sit below the wood on the upper playfield.

#931 2 years ago

Quick question….only have 10 games on mine. Third game blew a fuse and had to order from Amazon. Is the upper most playfield flipper supposed to flip during normal gameplay? Mine isn’t flipping at all.

#932 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Looks like that metal slope is just a little too high. You probably just have to push down on the front right side of it to bend it to sit below the wood on the upper playfield.

You're the best!!! It's folks like you that make pinside great.

#933 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Quick question….only have 10 games on mine. Third game blew a fuse and had to order from Amazon. Is the upper most playfield flipper supposed to flip during normal gameplay? Mine isn’t flipping at all.

No. You have to hit the ramp so many tubes to unlock the upper playfield. Won’t be active until then

#934 2 years ago

Number 107 has landed home safely!! Such a pretty game. Can’t wait to get into this one.

47105D18-4166-456B-96C7-F8E4BDDAC2DC (resized).jpeg47105D18-4166-456B-96C7-F8E4BDDAC2DC (resized).jpegD7277FC5-0F46-4064-8875-D1A1D2143868 (resized).jpegD7277FC5-0F46-4064-8875-D1A1D2143868 (resized).jpeg
#935 2 years ago

I spy Oderus on your wall!

#936 2 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Number 107 has landed home safely!! Such a pretty game. Can’t wait to get into this one.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great.. no butter, correct? Would like to hear your review.. how does it feel & shoot compared with Elvira & Godzilla? any issues out of the box? Thanks!

#937 2 years ago

I’m #110 no delivery confirmation yet.
Hopefully this week.

#938 2 years ago
Quoted from deosil:

This one is the Artists Proof , you get an extra print with it . Legit store .

#939 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I spy Oderus on your wall!

Violence has arrived!

#940 2 years ago

Selling my #332 CE for $1,000. Any offers will be considered.

#941 2 years ago

Why would you take $1k hit on this game? A little bit of patience while code fleshes out and the pricing will restore itself.

Quoted from Tres:

Selling my #332 CE for $1,000. Any offers will be considered.

#942 2 years ago

Are there any mods for halloween or ultraman yet? Looking for an LED strip for the flippers that ties into the LED strip. I have one in my MB and pulses with the LED light show. I am #204 so still have some time, but like to get all the mods, rubber kit etc. . . prior to getting the game.

#943 2 years ago

I don't know the rules very well. I noticed the center three drop targets pop up at the start of the game. But they never come back up once knocked down. The others all work as I would expect. Is my issue really an issue or just the state of the game code?

Thanks!!

#944 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

I don't know the rules very well. I noticed the center three drop targets pop up at the start of the game. But they never come back up once knocked down. The others all work as I would expect. Is my issue really an issue or just the state of the game code?
Thanks!!

They should pop back up after a mode is completed or failed. Hitting orbits will reset them. They are also used in some modes as well.

#945 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

They should pop back up after a mode is completed or failed. Hitting orbits will reset them. They are also used in some modes as well.

thanks. I tested it during play and they definitely don't pop after a mode is finished. I assume "mode" means killing a monster. I hit the orbits a bunch and nothing.

I did notice the solenoid for the drops fires 5x when i start the game. that seems like 4x too many. they're all in an array so it should be one single pop up and done. Here's is a vid but seems wrong...

#946 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

I tested it during play

Have you gone into test mode and see if they go up and down properly?

#947 2 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Have you gone into test mode and see if they go up and down properly?

ah what a bonehead move by me. I just did the test and they don't register like the other drops do.

The common black on the chain wasn't punched down all the way. I punched it down and it seems fine!

Thanks for the help!

#948 2 years ago

Anyone interested in trading for a lower number? I am currently #129 and would like to move higher up since I don't have room right now. I originally purchased my game through Rob Anthony but he now works for Game Exchange. So I believe it would have to be a swap with someone else that has a CE order through Game Exchange. Just looking for a straight trade of spots.

#949 2 years ago

Is there a transfer fee when people swap numbers? I was looking to buy a ce and sell my bse later but it sounds like $250 for each transfer.

#950 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Is there a transfer fee when people swap numbers? I was looking to buy a ce and sell my bse later but it sounds like $250 for each transfer.

That sounds like a specific distributor policy to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/19?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.