(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 101.
#851 2 years ago

How do you do the update?

I stuck the USB drive into the USB extender in coin cabinet, turned game on... Saw UP for one second..

Nothing happened. Formatted on thumb drive for PC FAT 32. Same one I use for all my system updates on games prior to Connected era.

Any ideas ? Going try Customer support.. - No instructions like previous updates on the web-site or readme. Just a list
of Don't do this but no real instructions..

#852 2 years ago

This is lame.... I don't understand how this happened..

I finely got to an screen that said it was updated. Turned off game and Got this.

How do you fix this? - Jeezus .. Hope my Stern connected installs go smoother.

Aggravating. It's also Jan 3rd

Bad Monday - trying to stay calm... ugh..
IMG_2489 (resized).jpgIMG_2489 (resized).jpg

#853 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Gonna play with the new code tonight, will make the main object to get into Dada mode and see how far we can get. 7PM est, be there!
https://www.twitch.tv/Flippin_A

Are you done already?

#854 2 years ago

The instructions are on the Spooky site and have been posted here numerous times.

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

How do you do the update?
I stuck the USB drive into the USB extender in coin cabinet, turned game on... Saw UP for one second..
Nothing happened. Formatted on thumb drive for PC FAT 32. Same one I use for all my system updates on games prior to Connected era.
Any ideas ? Going try Customer support.. - No instructions like previous updates on the web-site or readme. Just a list
of Don't do this but no real instructions..

#855 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Are you done already?

It was a short stream. I got to catch most of it. Seems like this channel doesn't keep the VODs like I'm used to seeing.

#856 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The instructions are on the Spooky site and have been posted here numerous times.

There are no instructions there.. Nor have I seen any instructions anywhere. You can't assume anything.. Apparently bricked my game following instructions.

Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 7.43.16 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-03 at 7.43.16 PM (resized).png

#857 2 years ago

Bruh, those are literally the instructions. Did you use a Mac? Did you check the file ext on the stick? At this point you’ll have to reach out to Spooky and get Fawzma to reflash.

There are no instructions there..
[quoted image]

#858 2 years ago

Watching Mando's stream, I did hear Kyle's voice calls repeat and cut off and repeat themselves again. Probably something worth looking into for the Spooky team.

#859 2 years ago

So - why is my game bricked? Following these instructions? These are not instructions .
Instructions.
1. Insert - USB into the USB extender inside the coin door.. ( I have no idea - if I put this in the right place ) .. Just assuming that where it goes.. Nothing telling me specifically what the F.. What you do When you get to this bricked state? - Fracking frustrated.. Gamed updates shouldn't result in this state. I used a 32 Gigbyte / Sandisk / Formated using Windows 11. Fresh downloaded package .... It did update. Turned off game.. Bricked..

How do you recover from this? So much for relaxing on Monday night. ugh

#860 2 years ago

I didn’t put it in the coin door, I put it in the board behind the speaker panel. Under the update notes there is a link in the next game around how to update. It’s a video. I think it’s for R&M

#861 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I didn’t put it in the coin door, I put it in the board behind the speaker panel. Under the update notes there is a link in the next game around how to update. It’s a video. I think it’s for R&M

Yeah no details on where to put it.. For this specific title. Usually it works out.. fine.

Seems like I would take the time to add the details for each game. Sorry trying to remain positive but hell.

Obviously the USB extender thing is not for updates..... What is it for then?

#862 2 years ago

Yeah no details on where to put it.. Usually it works out.. fine.
Seems like I would take the time to add the details for each game. Sorry trying to remain positive but hell.

Well, did you verify the filename on the USB before inserting? Apparently, it has to be named exactly what is says in the instructions, otherwise there can be problems. Read just a bit earlier on up on the thread and you'll find someone with the exact same issue as you.

Good luck though!

#863 2 years ago

If you bricked it you did it wrong and it’s bricked. You can’t do anything. Contact Spooky. The programmer will need to reformat your game. Pretty sure your not supposed to stick it in the coin door. It ought to directly into the pinotaur board if I’m not mistaken.

So - why is my game bricked? Following these instructions? These are not instructions .
Instructions.
1. Insert - USB into the USB extender inside the coin door.. ( I have no idea - if I put this in the right place ) .. Just assuming that where it goes.. Nothing telling me specifically what the F.. What you do When you get to this bricked state? - Fracking frustrated.. Gamed updates shouldn't result in this state. I used a 32 Gigbyte / Sandisk / Formated using Windows 11. Fresh downloaded package .... It did update. Turned off game.. Bricked..
How do you recover from this? So much for relaxing on Monday night. ugh

#864 2 years ago

Yeah no details on where to put it.. For this specific title. Usually it works out.. fine.

If you go ahead and email [email protected] he has specific instructions on how to fix your game and can get you back up and running in no time.

#865 2 years ago

Just got to Dada for the first time but didn’t beat them. Very cool mode. Beat two kaiju battles and Jirahs on the way. I’m a terrible player but this game does get way more fun when you get rolling. I think this could be great if they keep pushing forward.

I will say that I had guests over during the holidays and they got very frustrated by the way the ball would drain after coming off the lifts. I’m mostly used to it now but his seems terrible for location play.

#866 2 years ago

Mine is no longer beeeerrrricked.. my computer trucked me into inserting wrong things into insertable places. But back at it now. Saw 3 secs of the new model, was watching the screen and the ball rolled from the lifter and drained. I was hypnotized by the blue lights..

20220103_204043 (resized).jpg20220103_204043 (resized).jpg
#867 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

If you go ahead and email [email protected] he has specific instructions on how to fix your game and can get you back up and running in no time.

I think you guys need to put a warning in big bold font right at top of support page about checking the file name change, people are skipping that step frequently and causing them and you all more frustration than necessary. Maybe have it flashing or have to be clicked on before they even get to install instructions so they can't miss it.

#868 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Are you done already?

Yeah , my left fliper was slipping pretty bad. Didn't want to make everyone watch me fix it, plus I figured you had enough of us.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

It was a short stream. I got to catch most of it. Seems like this channel doesn't keep the VODs like I'm used to seeing.

You can watch it, its recorded just takes a little for it to show up.

Here is the first time we got to Dada Mode, did not beat it. Very cool mode.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1252359782

#869 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yeah , my left fliper was slipping pretty bad. Didn't want to make everyone watch me fix it, plus I figured you had enough of us. You can watch it, its recorded.
Here is the first time we got to Dada Mode, did not beat it. Very cool mode.

Thanks for streaming it, looks like some cool additions to code.

#870 2 years ago

I used the extender and it was fine? As others have stated did you have a non standard file name?

That said, that should not brick you game..but it does.

#871 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Thanks for streaming it, looks like some cool additions to code.

Its really cool, they just need to clean it up. For example you can here the callouts that repeat like a broken record.

I think once they tie all this stuff together, get the super uber wizard modes in, make all the modes like Dada with the new UI etc this game will be a hit!

I do agree that the lifters can be tricky if you have never played it before. One suggestion I have for Spooky is dont flash the flasher by the scoop, that makes it seem it will come out there. Now I know it wont , but a new player wont.

I will stream it again , maybe next update. I would have done longer but A. I figured everyone was bored, and B the flipper needed to be fixed. I think it was a little oily , we wiped it with alcohol hopefully the slipping is a thing of the past.

#872 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Its really cool, they just need to clean it up. For example you can here the callouts that repeat like a broken record.
I think once they tie all this stuff together, get the super uber wizard modes in, make all the modes like Dada with the new UI etc this game will be a hit!
I do agree that the lifters can be tricky if you have never played it before. One suggestion I have for Spooky is dont flash the flasher by the scoop, that makes it seem it will come out there. Now I know it wont , but a new player wont.
I will stream it again , maybe next update. I would have done longer but A. I figured everyone was bored, and B the flipper needed to be fixed. I think it was a little oily , we wiped it with alcohol hopefully the slipping is a thing of the past.

We weren't bored. Mine is a ways out at #426, so happy to live vicariously, for now.

#873 2 years ago

My son and I just had our best games after the update.. both posted 23M and he beat me by 50k. Crazy. Saw Dada again but only lasted about 5 secs.. fun stuff.

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

We weren't bored. Mine is a ways out at #426, so happy to live vicariously, for now.

Game should be amazing by then!

#875 2 years ago

SpookyBug you can see the audio issue at around 2 minutes mark here .

Great mode by the way !

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

That's a good question! All of the Spooky games in the past had no scoop protectors at all so I didn't plan on using any on this game either. However when I added that right scoop in it just seemed so visible and central that I was terrified of the idea of any damage around it so I made a protector. I guess the left scoops just didn't scare me as badly. Maybe in the future every scoop should just flat out be protected.

Please put a scoop protector on every scoop! Every machine that does not have those will regret it. Over time, those areas will show big time wear and a simple scoop protector will keep our PFs looking nice into the future. They are such an inexpensive item, but pay big dividends with a heavy steel ball constantly banging on the scoop wood edges. Something has to give and it is always the wood resulting in an eventually nasty looking beat up hole. So please put them on the left scoop areas as well. Saw a 15 year old MM with no protector on the right scoop hole and was shocked how beat up it was. The hole had doubled in size because the wood had broken down from the ball hitting it. It looked like a rat had gnawed on it over and over. Not pretty.

Also, full screen modes are a great improvement versus the tiny windows in the current control panel or amongst the Kaiju static screens. Full screen modes are far and away better and looks first class. Those postage stamp screens are terrible to say the least. We purchased these machines because of Ultraman and the Kaiju, not to see the static fluff around the small video screen. Your demo showing the full screens is far and away better, so please make them full all the time.

In addition, the sound levels need to be evened out and at constant (same) levels throughout the code, please.

#877 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

No - I am a seasoned software developer and write software for medical industry where things can't fail or heads roll. The file name and everything was good. No idea what happened.

#878 2 years ago

Still looking to trade back to a later CE build number if someone wants to move up to #214 through King Pin.

#879 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

SpookyBug you can see the audio issue at around 2 minutes mark here .
Great mode by the way !

Noted and we'll have a fix on the next update. Should only be seeing that now if you hit the crossing ramp (pausing the timer) with exactly 3-seconds left on the timer.

#880 2 years ago

Noted and we'll have a fix on the next update.

The drop target scoring above the right flipper doesn't match the display amount awarded.
Drop Target hit one is awarding 25,000 and the display says 250,000
It's also incorrect for hits two, three, four ...

#881 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Maybe in the future every scoop should just flat out be protected.

Yes, probably....but also....ya'll might want to consider seeing if you can contract that out to Cliffy or something. That scoop protector looks really thick to me, and in the picture above, I would guess that you're having to use the mylar to bridge the lip to the playfield to keep balls from flying everywhere and being damaged.

Either that...or go to "Mantis" style protectors where they sit inside the scoop and don't cover the edge. Pulling mylar off the edge of a protector where it's also going to be touching the edge of art is...not ideal. At some point that stuff is going to wear along the edge of the protector, tear, and then will have to be removed and replaced to keep the protector pictured above from tearing up balls.

#882 2 years ago

I thought mylar was a great idea at the scoop. It's difficult to keep the front edge down, much like my Dialed In. Difference is the scoop on UM is easy to hit with the protector, DI not so much. Come to think of it, mylar on my DI scoop might be perfect. AND, you get extra mylar to replace it of you need it. Not worried about ball wear.. its a metal ball, banging off metal stuff.. id love to see protectors available in the future for all 3 building scoops.

#883 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I thought mylar was a great idea at the scoop. It's difficult to keep the front edge down, much like my Dialed In. Difference is the scoop on UM is easy to hit with the protector, DI not so much. Come to think of it, mylar on my DI scoop might be perfect. AND, you get extra mylar to replace it of you need it. Not worried about ball wear.. its a metal ball, banging off metal stuff.. id love to see protectors available in the future for all 3 building scoops.

You're gonna be worried if a protector leaves a deep gouge in a ball that then scratches up the clearcoat all to hell and back.

It's hard to gauge from the pic just how thick that thing is. If the ball can't roll over it without going airborne without the mylar....it's probably too thick. I haven't seen it in person.

#884 2 years ago

Any delivery’s this week?

#885 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Any delivery’s this week?

I saw atleast 10 games on a truck already this week so there certainly should be!

#886 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I saw atleast 10 games on a truck already this week so there certainly should be!

What number are you up to on UM?

#887 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:Can someone explain how the drop target above the right flipper is supposed to work? Mine works in test mode. I hit it all the time and it’s only locked a ball twice. Am I missing something?

Not sure if someone answered you NightTrain but the DT on the UPF should NOT lock a ball.
It should drop for you to shoot the ramp to crossover to the mag lock on the left. If the ball is locking behind the DT contact service.
The ball should roll back into play if you fail to make the ramp.

#888 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Not sure if someone answered you NightTrain but the DT on the UPF should NOT lock a ball.
It should drop for you to shoot the ramp to crossover to the mag lock on the left. If the ball is locking behind the DT contact service.
The ball should roll back into play if you fail to make the ramp.

I think he means the shot on the right , that will lock if you hit it on the plunge or after hitting it 5 times .

I suspect it's 5 times in one ball not per game as I never get it either .

#889 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hopefully #110 was on the truck!
My Halloween #110 is getting lonely

#890 2 years ago

I was able to restore Ultraman with relative ease with customer support. I would suggest bypassing the USB extension when installing updates.
Pretty sure the world of USB thumb-drive tech is hit or miss even with name brands. I was having a really
bad day. Anyhow new code is installed and hopefully get a chance to check it out in more detail.

#891 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I think he means the shot on the right , that will lock if you hit it on the plunge or after hitting it 5 times .
I suspect it's 5 times in one ball not per game as I never get it either .

Yep, I read it wrong.
Yeah other than the skill shot it is like 4 or 5 shots before it turns green and becomes an active ball lock in game.
Then lights go dark until next ball.
Got it one time ever.

#892 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You're gonna be worried if a protector leaves a deep gouge in a ball that then scratches up the clearcoat all to hell and back.
It's hard to gauge from the pic just how thick that thing is. If the ball can't roll over it without going airborne without the mylar....it's probably too thick. I haven't seen it in person.

I've seen it in person.. been playing for a few weeks now. That protector actually sits lower than my DI cliffy. No crazy ball drama, no turn up playfields. You do realize its a metal ball hitting a lot of metal stuff in these pins right?

#893 2 years ago

I was able to restore Ultraman with relative ease with customer support. I would suggest bypassing the USB extension when installing updates.
Pretty sure the world of USB thumb-drive tech is hit or miss even with name brands. I was having a really
bad day. Anyhow new code is installed and hopefully get a chance to check it out in more detail.

This post makes me super happy. Glad it was an easy restore for you. I will say that every game I've updated in the factory has been done via the extender cable, but going directly into the CPU would eliminate that as a variable. I do think we may have a fix in the works that will help.

#894 2 years ago

Fawzma says to move your cable to the left so you can use the port with the gold sticker on it for the updates. I did that and it still bricked before, but anyway - FYI.

20211230_171228 (resized).jpg20211230_171228 (resized).jpg
#895 2 years ago

I updated through the coin door with no issues. I bricked because the (1) was added because I already had a file with the sane name from the first update. The original attempt failed plugged in directly after I bricked it. I was able restore through the coin door. Its crazy frustrating, but the help and support you get from Spooky is outstanding.

#896 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Loosen the posts that hold the flap down. Then press down on the flap while you are tightening them back up. This will eliminate any bowing that might be occurring.

That seemed to fix it! Thanks!

#897 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

support you get from Spooky is outstanding.

This. It is pretty much unparalleled.

#898 2 years ago

What's up with this game and airballs? I've never played another game in my life that has so many airballs. That damn thing flies everywhere. It's not just when the ball hits drop targets or stationary targets. It's simply when you flip the ball. The ball will leave the flipper bat and go airborne. I thought maybe it was the flipper rubbers for some reason. Swapped them out and got the same results.

Could it be that the holes in the playfield for the flipper shaft, are drilled in at an angle, causing a slightly upward motion when the flipper bat swings at the ball? I'm completely puzzled by this. I know I'm not the only one with crazy airballs.

#899 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What's up with this game and airballs? I've never played another game in my life that has so many airballs. That damn thing flies everywhere. It's not just when the ball hits drop targets or stationary targets. It's simply when you flip the ball. The ball will leave the flipper bat and go airborne. I thought maybe it was the flipper rubbers for some reason. Swapped them out and got the same results.
Could it be that the holes in the playfield for the flipper shaft, are drilled in at an angle, causing a slightly upward motion when the flipper bat swings at the ball? I'm completely puzzled by this. I know I'm not the only one with crazy airballs.

Have you tried measuring the gap between the bottom of the bat and the PF while flipper is at max extension and comparing that to the gap when the flipper is at rest?

A lot of times it can be as simple as the flipper rubbers sitting too low on the bat. But it sounds like that is not gonna be your problem. Check and see if the flippers are square to the PF.

#900 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I have about the same amount of airballs on my AMH, Iron Man, and Stern Star Wars. I’m at 6.6 degrees and leveled at the top and bottom of playfield. I get the occasional reject from the drop targets (always from the right flipper) maybe a little more often than my Stellar Wars (lots of drop targets). I’m sure the airballs will increase after a fresh clean and wax. My SW and IM really have some crazy ball action after a clean.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/18?hl=morgoth00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.