(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 100.
#651 2 years ago

I’m a real person, never flipped a game for profit. Just moved the collection around to try new things.
I’m holding UM #90 in hopes that a few more code updates make it playable.
I’ve never been so disappointed with a pinball purchase. It’s not even fun.
I think that’s why so many spots are getting sold. They’ve played it.
Props to anyone who loves it. It’s beautiful, but I don’t even want to turn it on anymore. There’s zero chance I’m going to play it over anything else I own.

#652 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I’m a real person, never flipped a game for profit. Just moved the collection around to try new things.
Props to anyone who loves it. It’s beautiful, but I don’t even want to turn it on anymore. There’s zero chance I’m going to play it over anything else I own.

You have 13 games. Most of which are considered some of the best games around. (and some that are just rare, expensive show pieces) Maybe give the new kid some time to grow?
I hated Deadpool with a passion on release but now I own one and I consider it my top 5 favorite pins

#653 2 years ago

Hey guys. That was my game for sale...not SpookyLuke. I just started at Spooky and purchased this game before taking the job. I really am a pinball fan...from all companies and all eras. I playtest this game at work for +5 hours per day, so I'm thinking after months of doing that, I might not have as much fun with this game at home. Maybe if I had space for more games I would feel different, but I have room for exactly six games. I wasn't thinking it would cause much drama, but since this is the reaction, I just pulled the ad. It's not that big of deal to me, but I can see how that may come off as concerning to other current or future owners. I certainly wasn't trying to feed into any Christmas drama.

#654 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Well being that only around 100 are out there currently, I doubt everyone selling has played it. Between the slow code progression, Kaneda rants and competing with another great Elwin game is the main reason some are selling IMO. Supposed to have another update here around the holidays so hang in there.

#655 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Hey guys. That's my game for sale...not SpookyLuke. I just started at Spooky and purchased this game before taking the job. I really am a pinball fan...from all companies and eras. I playtest this game specifically at work for +5 hours per day, so I'm thinking after months of doing that, I might not have as much fun with this game at home. Maybe if I had more space it would be different, but I have room for exactly eight games. I wasn't thinking it would cause much drama, but if it does I'll pull the ad. It's not that big of deal for me if it's concerning to other current or future owners. Wasn't trying to create any Christmas drama.

If I got to play it at work everyday then owning it doesn't make sense to me either. No drama here just a certain podcaster trying to stir the pot over and over again.

#656 2 years ago

Yeah I think most people would get it. I don't buy games my friends have either, but if it's going to cause drama it's not worth it. Going to enjoy the rest of my Christmas Eve with the family.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I hated Deadpool with a passion on release but now I own one and I consider it my top 5 favorite pins

PS: I felt the exact same with Deadpool.

#657 2 years ago

If you own the game and have some ideas to improve the code or rules then reach out to Spooky please. I know they listen more than some manufacturers so don't let a possible great idea go to waste.

#658 2 years ago

I feel you. I’m just not enjoying the layout, even pretending the code was polished.
I’m also weird in that I loved stranger things when people hated it and got it cheap.
I also love Mando and I know a lot of folks aren’t that into it.
I’ll do the next code update and put more games on it with an open mind, I’m not sure the layout and shots will grow on me, but who knows.
I’ve got a local buddy who wants it but has one in order so it would be a while before he’s ready to get mine.
I have a hard time getting past the pace of play with the elevators and the call outs sounding like they were recorded on a potato.
Thankfully that’s just my opinion which should only matter to me.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You have 13 games. Most of which are considered some of the best games around. (and some that are just rare, expensive show pieces) Maybe give the new kid some time to grow?

#660 2 years ago

Oh, now that I'm an "insider", I can confirm for you all that the team at Spooky isn't just giving you all lip service. Ultraman / Halloween code is being worked on every single day...Oh, and "pinball is hard".

#661 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I know where you got this game from, that whole thing was a ruse his house really isn't that nice and those pinballs are just replicas so he can dump his ultraman on you
JK Of course, enjoy the game I am going to crack mine open tomorrow morning. Your seller was on of the first people I met in the hobby!

Lol.. you nailed it. Everything you said him is true.. he begged me to take his Rick and Morty..

The cool thing was talking to him on the phone to sort out the details. He was super up front about the code taking time to bake and that I should be patient. These are the kind of people yiu love having in the hobby.

As for the game.. it IS different. The lifters ARE different. The ball hides on you sometimes. If you want the norm buy a stern. They are predictable, fun, and you kinda know what you are getting. Designers and artist are recycled (not saying its bad), I have 3 sterns and owned others. People cry about why the same fan layout, where's the toys and mechs, make something different.. then Spooky does something different and people freak out on 'em for it. And the wait time for the ball to come back? What.. the ramps on GZ, AIQ, Hurricane (drink a full beer), oktoberfest, and soooo many others take the same amount of time to get to the flippers. Just seems longer because it's out of sight. Breathe people.. you can always buy Rush next year.. hahahahhhaa

#662 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I feel you. I’m just not enjoying the layout, even pretending the code was polished.
I’m also weird in that I loved stranger things when people hated it and got it cheap.
I’ll do the next code update and put more games on it with an open mind, I’m not sure the layout and shots will grow on me, but who knows.
I’ve got a local buddy who wants it but has one in order so it would be a while before he’s ready to get mine.
I have a hard time getting past the pace of play with the elevators and the call outs sounding like they were recorded on a potato.

I left mine turned off mostly until the latest update - but I must say it’s getting really fun now. I can’t wait to see the next big content update coming in the next couple of weeks.

My only recommendation- make the videos full screen during battles - it seems cheap watching it in that tiny window.

#663 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

As for the game.. it IS different. The lifters ARE different. The ball hides on you sometimes. If you want the norm buy a stern

I honestly can’t work out why people can’t figure this out.

If you want a game that plays like a Stern - buy a f**king Stern!

It’s not rocket science.

This game is different. ACNC is different. Rick and Morty is different. Embrace the difference. Or don’t … Stern is happy to add you to the waiting list.

Quoted from smokinhos:

And the wait time for the ball to come back? What.. the ramps on GZ, AIQ, Hurricane (drink a full beer), oktoberfest, and soooo many others take the same amount of time to get to the flippers.

Again, exactly right!

I timed (on a stream) the time it took for the ball to go down a hole up top and come out the lifter. No difference to the time it takes to go around long ramps on other machines.

I presume it is some mental thing because people can’t see the ball? Must be.

I like the mode on ACNC where the aim is to actually hide the ball from view for a long period to increase score. Very clever.

rd

#664 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I timed (on a stream) the time it took for the ball to go down the hole up top and come out the lifter. No difference to the time it takes to go around long ramps on other machines.

I know you want to defend this game, but I think your timer is broken. I played HWN at Pincinnati and the delay between an upper playfield drain and getting the ball back on the flipper is a fair bit more than a trip around even the longest ramp.

I don't understand why Spooky started started programming the software for these games without staging. Games have had ball-staging since at least ST:TNG, that was 28 years ago. No Fear has it, Who Dunnit has it, even the Spooky game immediately preceding these two had it.

There's lots of subway entrances on these and it sucks standing around waiting for the ball to get back to the flippers. Please don't defend bad design. Spooky says staging is coming, how about sooner rather than later?

#665 2 years ago

I for one have been enjoying the game much more since that last code update. Are we still set to get another code update soon?

Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Holy crap that inner-screen size has to go. Someone may have convinced themselves they like it but it’s terrible and makes the whole game feel cheaper. The font needs to be fixed to.

I totally agree, the people advocating to keep it small I am convinced are simply trolling the rest of us. They just can’t be serious and every guest I have over makes the same observation about that tiny screen: “why have the coolest clips be so tiny”…I’ve never had one say “wow that is so cool they shrunk the fight scenes to get that panel in there”.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

The monotonous waiting for the ball to go from the gobble hole scoop/right playfield to the subway to the right flipper takes way too long... in an intense battle of getting the ball to the upper right pf, then missing the ball with the upper right flipper, just to wait and go through the long process of getting the ball back up there is a grind of waiting on the subway and gear lift and programming , blech! I feel this coulb be sped up a lot with better attention to programming.

Shaving down a half second of wait time would make huge impact on game play if it were possible. Staging would of course be best, if possible.

#666 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I know you want to defend this game, but I think your timer is broken

To be fair - pretty sure the guy was playing lower (upper) playfield modes on the stream when I was timing it. This is when the game first came out and someone had posted “it takes a long time”.

Hey - maybe staging is possible. It would just depend if there are switches in that area.

It is funny to watch people play Rick and Morty and them losing the ball instantly when it flies out of the left staged ball area.

rd

#667 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Shaving down a half second of wait time would make huge impact on game play if it were possible. Staging would of course be best, if possible.

Staging is a great idea...

It’s fine waiting maybe a few times every once in a while for the ball to go all the way to the elevator,

But, the other day when I played my previously owned machine, I waited on the situation at least 15 times in a row, it made the situation... annoying.

I’m used to being frustrated by my bad playing, but not easily annoyed by the mechanics of a machine.

staging will be a most welcome change.

If this game becomes as badass as we all hope it will become, I’ll be back in; in a heartbeat

(I just wanted another game more . )

#668 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I know you want to defend this game

I appreciate it might come off like that …

I just like things that are a little different.

When my game shows up, if I don’t like it it’ll be out the door.

TnA was a cool game - but too similar to a lot of my older games, so out she went. No drama!

Same as Stern Star Wars and Deadpool. They have their fans, but for me Star Wars is just bad - Deadpool plays wayyy to long. So out they went!

Not every game is for everyone.

rd

#669 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I had a Mando and really enjoyed it. I'd have kept it if not for space/money

#670 2 years ago

I wonder if they can stage them, have they uses these same exact lifters in other games and staged balls? Is the R&M one a lifter, I love that portal shot!

Do these games have manuals to look at the mechs?

#671 2 years ago

This game is loads of fun. I can’t wait for the next update to see if they incorporate the upper playfields better. I just hope to get my Ultraman up and running again soon.

#672 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I wonder if they can stage them, have they uses these same exact lifters in other games and staged balls? Is the R&M one a lifter, I love that portal shot!

The lifters in Halloween and Ultraman are newly designed mechs. R&M uses a more traditional ball trough.

When I first played Ultraman at Pinfest (I think that was the first public demo), I spoke with the Spooky guys and they said staging would be added. But since then the feedback from Spooky has been that adding staging is "lower priority". I'm guessing it turned out to be much more difficult than they initially thought. What I don't understand is why it wasn't designed with staging from the start?

I get that some people feel that the long delay and hidden ball travel makes for a unique game play experience (which I guess it does). But I'd bet that the majority of pinball players prefer a faster pin rather than a slow pin. I know I do.

#673 2 years ago

I think we need to remove pop bumpers too.. let's be honest, the ball just bounces around in them and takes forever for the ball to come back to the flipper so i can brick a shot and drain out the sides. Wtf are we talking about? Its seconds different. How about the AIQ subway on the premium.. i can pour a beer, cut an piece of orange and drink... who are u people? All of you cannot complain about the "i want it now" generation if you can't want 3 secs for a ball to rise from under the playfield. Smh.

#674 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I think we need to remove pop bumpers too.. let's be honest, the ball just bounces around in them and takes forever for the ball to come back to the flipper so i can brick a shot and drain out the sides. Wtf are we talking about? Its seconds different. How about the AIQ subway on the premium.. i can pour a beer, cut an piece of orange and drink... who are u people? All of you cannot complain about the "i want it now" generation if you can't want 2 or 3 secs for a ball to rise from under the playfield. Smh.

It’s 8 to 12 seconds, each time

#675 2 years ago

The Churn Merry Christmas!

#676 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I think we need to remove pop bumpers too.. let's be honest, the ball just bounces around in them and takes forever for the ball to come back to the flipper so i can brick a shot and drain out the sides. Wtf are we talking about? Its seconds different. How about the AIQ subway on the premium.. i can pour a beer, cut an piece of orange and drink... who are u people? All of you cannot complain about the "i want it now" generation if you can't want 2 or 3 secs for a ball to rise from under the playfield. Smh.

People bitch about the paddle wheel ball lock on Maverick for the same reason. I think it’s cool as hell.

#677 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Its not 8 to 12 secs.. ever. What game are u playing? C'mon, it's Christmas.. I'm not sure there's a pinball game in history that has an 8-12 sec shot. So let's see.. in high school I ran track. I was pretty decent. I ran the 100 meter in 10.8. So you are saying i can run 100 meters in the same time it takes for a pinball to drop from the second playfield, roll less than 12 inches and lift up to a playfield? I just walked from my living room to my garage, after getting up from my couch.. grabbed a beer from the beer fridge, walked back to my couch.. sat down. Opened my beer, took a drink. 11.43 secs. Im sorry you sold your game prematurely, because naybe u lack the patience to let the code mature, but with 37 games in your collection it sounds as if you didn't have anything else to play in the meantime. need to stop hatin on Spooky and UM.

#678 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Total Bullshit.

#679 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Just watched a stream and here are the times:

top left scoop to flipper: 3-3.5 seconds
right scoop to flipper: 3.5-4 seconds
lower playfield drain to flipper: 4.5-5 seconds

Depending on pitch of the game these times will vary. Merry X-mas everyone!!!

#680 2 years ago

So here's an idea for Spooky if the staging isn't possible on the subway wait times. Do some kind of short countdown mode with animation to where you hit a certain shot or ramp out of the flipper feed for points or awards, kind of like smart missile in JP. Giving the player something to focus on rather than nothing happening while the ball travels under the playfield will make the wait seem less and improve the game.

#681 2 years ago

Was curious how long it took for balls to travel from ramps to flippers on GZ and it was around 3 seconds for both, difference is on GZ you can watch the ball travel so there is some action to occupy your mind. UM just needs something going on to occupy the mind while the ball is blindly traveling through the subways and lifted up.

#682 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Just watched a stream and here are the times:
top left scoop to flipper: 3-3.5 seconds
right scoop to flipper: 3.5-4 seconds
lower playfield drain to flipper: 4.5-5 seconds
Depending on pitch of the game these times will vary. Merry X-mas everyone!!!

3.1 seconds 0-60 in my Tesla Mod-3 performance

#683 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

confused-no.gifconfused-no.gif
#684 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

…who are u people? All of you cannot complain about the "i want it now" generation if you can't want 2 or 3 secs for a ball to rise from under the playfield. Smh.

JM is one of the fastest pins ever made and more than a few people say the glove (one of coolest mechs ever) is so slow it “ruins” the game. Personally, I appreciate spooky incorporating some different design elements and would much rather wait a few seconds for the lifters then deal with clunky shots. If they try to be like Stern it’s game over for them.

#685 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So here's an idea for Spooky if the staging isn't possible on the subway wait times.

I think they’ve said the staging is possible. I wonder if it’ll take some work being done to the machines though to add a switch or something.

Any guess on when the next code update will be released? I know they said it would be during the holidays, but that could easily mean any time through the new year.

#686 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think they’ve said the staging is possible. I wonder if it’ll take some work being done to the machines though to add a switch or something.
Any guess on when the next code update will be released? I know they said it would be during the holidays, but that could easily mean any time through the new year.

There’s definitely an entrance switch. And though I don’t have my game yet, there has to be a switch at the lifter. With those two switches staging can be done.

#687 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I think the Ford RS-200 did it faster...in 1986.

#688 2 years ago

Opened her up today ! Beautiful game ! Had a ball trough switch issue our of the box , but I think just a bad connection as it was fixed reseating the harness . Fired up a few games and my first impression is it is very fun to shoot and original , I like how the flippers feel. The sound quality seems it could be better ? Not sure if messing with that amp could help . Unfortunately I unlocked a new feature where the Kaiju smash down the fence! Lol , no biggie I just need spooky to send me a new plastic , trying to super glue it for now and get back to trying it out .

20211225_111259 (resized).jpg20211225_111259 (resized).jpg
#689 2 years ago

Suggested this awhile back…could also be a topper game. During the balls decent back to the flippers the knife starts stabbing and you have to alternate flips to escape. Could be cool with some creepy eascape audio and pattering feet sounds. Maybe scores in this mini mode could be accrued over time for an end game bonus award or add to bonus x, or blood for the bank, or maybe certain escape distance nets an extra ball…would carry over entire game.

* Or…you know…whatever the Ultraman version of this would be haha

Quoted from manadams:

So here's an idea for Spooky if the staging isn't possible on the subway wait times. Do some kind of short countdown mode with animation to where you hit a certain shot or ramp out of the flipper feed for points or awards, kind of like smart missile in JP. Giving the player something to focus on rather than nothing happening while the ball travels under the playfield will make the wait seem less and improve the game.

#690 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I unlocked a new feature where the Kaiju smash down the fence

That is one tough kaiju

#691 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

The sound quality seems it could be better ? Not sure if messing with that amp could help.

Wouldn't hurt to try, the amps they use have treble and bass controls.

#692 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

That is one tough kaiju

I mean if it went back into place cool feature

#693 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

There’s an opto where the ball sits on top of the left lifter, and there are *3* optos in the subway before it gets to the lifter. Staging is possible for sure.

0F2DCA61-3972-42D9-8332-FA946DD098DC (resized).jpeg0F2DCA61-3972-42D9-8332-FA946DD098DC (resized).jpeg

#694 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Opened her up today ! Beautiful game ! Had a ball trough switch issue our of the box , but I think just a bad connection as it was fixed reseating the harness . Fired up a few games and my first impression is it is very fun to shoot and original , I like how the flippers feel. The sound quality seems it could be better ? Not sure if messing with that amp could help . Unfortunately I unlocked a new feature where the Kaiju smash down the fence! Lol , no biggie I just need spooky to send me a new plastic , trying to super glue it for now and get back to trying it out .
[quoted image]

I had the same thing happen. They didn’t drill the holes large enough in the plastic so the screws caused stress fractures and weakened the plastic. Every screw hole has cracks in it. When you get your new one make sure you drill it out otherwise it’ll happen again. I had meant to send SpookyLuke a note about it so they can address on the new builds.

#695 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I had the same thing happen. They didn’t drill the holes large enough in the plastic so the screws caused stress fractures and weakened the plastic. Every screw hole has cracks in it. When you get your new one make sure you drill it out otherwise it’ll happen again. I had meant to send SpookyLuke a note about it so they can address on the new builds.

Yeah what's causing it to break as well is my ball is getting airborne off the left flipper and hitting the beta capsule, I'll have to look into that . For now had to use double stick tape as the glue failed as soon a sit hit the capsule again .

So after 10 games I think the game shoots good , it's fun and unique . I do see how this can he a tough game to play the first time as it's hard to know where the ball is going . I keep getting surprised when I get it to the upper playfield .

As for the staging it's not terrible as is .... But in particular for the right lifter I can see this making it flow better .

As far as code , again not terrible but clearly is can get better . I'd like to see better instruction on what to do , goals etc . Not really sure what my goals are , but it's also pretty new .

The sound I think the volume just needs to be evened out some modes get super loud vs others and can sound distorted IMO .

Game is fun as is and has great potential, it's not the latest Stern nor do I want it to be .

#696 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

There’s an opto where the ball sits on top of the left lifter, and there are *3* optos in the subway before it gets to the lifter. Staging is possible for sure.
[quoted image]

Damonator how about the right lifter ? That seems more important .

I can see them making them left lifter into a true 3 ball lock that would be cool .

#697 2 years ago

Just being lazy and looking in the coindoor I think only one opto for being on the lifter ... But you could use the scoops to trigger that ball to lift , I can see some challenges of not knowing if a second ball makes it's way in .

#698 2 years ago

How is the ball reacting off the three drop targets for everyone? I have been getting extremely crazy air balls off them and no matter how I adjust them it acts the same. I have also adjusted the pitch up and down to no avail.

#699 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Have the 3 bank of drops alternate targets like Cactus Canyon shoot outs?

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So Do some kind of short countdown mode with animation to where you hit a certain shot or ramp out of the flipper feed for points or awards, kind of like smart missile in JP. Giving the player something to focus on rather than nothing happening while the ball travels under the playfield will make the wait seem less and improve the game.

This is a very smart idea

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/14?hl=nashtyfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.