(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 101.
#501 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Continuing first impressions. So why are balls falling into the cab? The 2nd-level playfield drops directly into the subway. Owners said that it is hitting the scoop wire, which is possible, but the real problem is there's a big hole where it drops down. Thankfully there's a small tab and a hole on the plastic subway that I was able to run a screw into with a star post. I also moved the wire carefully around the scoop post to try to keep it from the ball hitting it. Honestly it won't matter, the post stops the bounces into the cab. We had a broken rubber on the second playfield - 1 1/4 I believe. 5 minutes and new one was in place. We also have random decals coming up. Another thing ill try to get extras in case I can't get them secured. Pretty sure the small drop target decals won't last, I uncurled one already. Ok.. so next one is important. When I lifted the playfield, the bottom screws holding the playfield down to the main playfield and side rail were out. The upper playfields were loose and falling back with the field standing vertical. I was able to loosen the screws and secure everything so no problem, but I was pretty surprised.
I have not had drop target issues, lost balls, or any code drama. The artwork is insane, and the potential of this machine is off the charts.
If you have one coming, relax and don't let anyone scare you off. Everyone is enjoying it even with early code. We are just a family with 5 pins, have realistic expectations, and not afraid to get under the hood.
I included a pic of the post I added under the playfield. You can see it down in the hole behind the scoop. Post in the back, hard to see - has a philips head screw on top.
More updates later.
[quoted image]

I had suspected that gap was where they were escape but on all the games I checked I couldn't squeeze a ball through! Thank you for catching it! Easy fix on the line this week!

Also great to see people really starting to see how cool this game is! Can't wait to keep making it better! We have absolutely no intention of slowing the frequency or content level of the updates for a long time.

#502 2 years ago

No worries. Sorry I didn't take a pic of the underside of the playfield, I thought about it but don't want to stand the playfield again without the art protectors. I'm not sure if a smaller post will work, I used the larger post because that's just what I had handy. My issue may have been more apparent with the loose upper PF making the gap larger? Idk.

And yes! Keep the updates coming. Very nice work on it so far. Thank u! Can't wait to see what's in store for us.

#503 2 years ago

Here’s a new one. A little multiball madness!

3737271E-8A1C-467A-BA72-E018F6FA6F97 (resized).jpeg3737271E-8A1C-467A-BA72-E018F6FA6F97 (resized).jpeg
#504 2 years ago

Wonder if the next batch will ship this week !? Number 96 paid up and waiting

#506 2 years ago

I’m #95, I actually emailed Spooky today since it’s been over two weeks since I paid. They let me know it will be ready soon due to having to wait on some parts. I’ll be a little bummed if I don’t get it before Christmas since it seemed like I would but overall I guess it’s not that big of a deal.

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Crickets in here lol

I know it's an owners club but it might be bc the game kind of sucks.

I played it last night and was thoroughly unimpressed. I had mediocre hopes and very open minded. Very interested and was hoping for the best.

The game was very well maintained and immaculate. It's decent looking.

But the play was.... Not enough for a 3rd game. Slow. Like death slow. Blind spots literally everywhere. Shots were.... Boring? Uninspired? Thoughtless? Did I alrready say its slow?

I don't get it. So much potential and a great looking layout.

But I'd bet nobody wants to talk about it bc there's nothing to talk about....

#508 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Thanks for stopping by.

Quoted from Ecw0930:

I had mediocre hopes and very open minded.

This is funny.

Quoted from Ecw0930:

It's decent looking.

Ya think?

Quoted from Ecw0930:

But the play was.... Not enough for a 3rd game.

You bought a GnR

Quoted from Ecw0930:

Again. You own a GnR.

Quoted from Ecw0930:

Thanks for stopping by.

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

But I'd bet nobody wants to talk about it bc there's nothing to talk about...

Probably because it’s an owners club thread. I’ve got lots of opinions on lots of shit games that are in your wishlist but I don’t go dropping into owners threads telling everyone.

But then you know what they say about opinions and assholes.

#510 2 years ago

Neither UM or HWN are slow by any means. More likely that the game was setup at the wrong pitch. You can see from streams that these play lightning fast. Also…the code is not complete and it could also be the case that the game you played has not been kept up to date with the current code iteration. So…yeah.

Quoted from Ecw0930:

I played it last night and was thoroughly unimpressed. I had mediocre hopes and very open minded. Very interested and was hoping for the best.
But the play was.... Not enough for a 3rd game. Slow. Like death slow. Blind spots literally everywhere. Shots were.... Boring? Uninspired? Thoughtless? Did I alrready say its slow?

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I’m #95, I actually emailed Spooky today since it’s been over two weeks since I paid. They let me know it will be ready soon due to having to wait on some parts. I’ll be a little bummed if I don’t get it before Christmas since it seemed like I would but overall I guess it’s not that big of a deal.

Yeah would be cool to get it by Xmas , wonder what soon is

#512 2 years ago

I think the game is coming along nicely. I like the layout and the upper playfields but dang is that right orbit a bitch. I can’t wait for the big update this month.

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I'm totally cool with disparaging opinions. One of my peeves about Pinside, similar to politics, is that so many people seem to pick a side and then blindly support it. So, I'm cool with going against the grain if you're being objective.

To that point, I received HWN this past week, and I can't say I'm in love with it. My issues are mostly with the annoying callouts, also with the simplistic code, and partially with some layout/flow issues.

I also have an UM on order and I'm eager to experience the difference in the vibe between the two games. I never intended to keep both, but I've always been torn on which theme I want.

All that said, there are a lot of things in your post that I just can't see as objective.

I mean, can anyone look at the art on UM and say it's "decent looking" with a straight face?!? Art is subjective and all, but the artwork on UM if F'n dope!

And to say the game played slow? Maybe that was the fault of the operator's setup, but otherwise, for any issues I have with the gameplay, slowness is not one of them.

I get it, HWN and UM are the whipping boys of the pinball community right now, and that's not totally undeserved given the state of things. But if we're going to be critical of the game(s), let's at least try to be objective and not just sling mud for the sake of making a mess.

#514 2 years ago

Just want to confirm that invisiglass fits on UM perfectly and looks fantastic. Still loving this game and trying to master the pretzel.

#515 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I think the game is coming along nicely. I like the layout and the upper playfields but dang is that right orbit a bitch. I can’t wait for the big update this month.

I agree on the orbits being some of the tougher shots in the game. It seems I make them more when I am NOT trying to shoot them.

The game code is definitely improving. Not sure if I am...

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

It is a bitch. I get a little aggravated each time I hear "Combo the flow shots" as I'm just going to bring that shot. Right orbit is typically the last one I make in that sequence unless it's on accident.

Excited for the update as well. This last one really brought the game up a notch but still need some variety and modes to give meaning to the shots. I'm hoping they start adding modes outside of the boss fights. That will give the game and layout meaning that it is lacking currently IMO.

#517 2 years ago

I couldn't agree with the comments more... is it early code? Yes. Was it a nice step forward 1.04b? Yes. Does it need more? Yes. There's a ton of potential. It was very ambitious to release two themes, two codes, and then support both. So we need to be patient. The artwork is.. outstanding. Light show is great, sound is great. Right orbit.. hahahaha.. I can't hit that damn thing either. And when I do it's usually a lot faster than I wanted. I've almost air-balled up to the 2nd playfield. Finally understand buying with Spacium. Ok.. i'll admit my son and I dont watch streams, only teasers. I want to figure it out and see things myself. The streams ruin it for us. Not sure what the bridge is supposed to do yet. I finally made it across.. and it just dropped off the other side. We laughed pretty hard about it. Patience.. a little time. Sterns STh was a joke at first, now it's one, if not our favorite game. The more ignorant posts bashing this game, and people selling prematurely, has me cheering on Spooky to crush code on it. So easy to get behind a company that is really working hard and supporting us.

#518 2 years ago

I figured there was a delay in the builds. I'm #94 and appreciate that someone called them up and asked. They can take the time they need to make sure its right. My experience has only been positive with Ultraman even with the early code. I don't expect the game to be perfect just yet.

I do expect the code to be solid in 2022 as more games get to homes. Spooky has a lot riding on these two releases so you can bet they will do what it takes to keep trucking in 2022-23.

#519 2 years ago

Just throwing it out there, I'm CE #189 direct from Spooky. If someone has a # that's coming up soon & would like to trade? I'd be happy to pay for it now, trade you my # to give you more time if needed. Just let me know! Thanks

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Just throwing it out there, I'm CE #189 direct from Spooky. If someone has a # that's coming up soon & would like to trade? I'd be happy to pay for it now, trade you my # to give you more time if needed. Just let me know! Thanks

Sent you a message.

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Sent you a message.

Thank you.. I forgot to mention it has to be direct from Spooky because mine is direct, it's just super simple to trade #'s that way. Let me know! Thanks

#522 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I couldn't agree with the comments more... is it early code? Yes. Was it a nice step forward 1.04b? Yes. Does it need more? Yes. There's a ton of potential.

With the crossover, you have to beat up Jirahs pretty good before the cross over counts.

As for the other kaiju, if you have not watched the original Ultraman series,

I highly encourage it.
Bug is clearly making each battle behave more or less according to the kaiju's fighting style.

Bemular is a good example of how the battles play out in the series.

SSSP battles the kaiju (unsuccessfully)
Ultraman appears
Kaiju is defeated

#523 2 years ago

I asked today if number 96 would ship in time for X-Mas and was told...maybe We shall see! It seemed they got the needed parts last week. SpookyLuke any updates on the line?

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I asked today if number 96 would ship in time for X-Mas and was told...maybe We shall see! It seemed they got the needed parts last week. SpookyLuke any updates on the line?

About 60 games getting boxed up this week they did half today!

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

About 60 games getting boxed up this week they did half today!

Wow ! Mine is probably one or them , maybe they go out friday , totally gonna open this on Xmas if it comes next week

#526 2 years ago

Congrats.. hope you all get your games so we can figure these out together.

#527 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Wow ! Mine is probably one or them , maybe they go out friday , totally gonna open this on Xmas if it comes next week

Pretty positive I saw your number on the line. I think all the 90s and some early 100s are there!

#528 2 years ago

SpookyLuke Is #102 in there?!

#529 2 years ago

If I get it before Christmas - it goes next to tree!

#530 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

SpookyLuke Is #102 in there?!

Sure is!

#531 2 years ago

SpookyLuke when are we going to see that big update before Christmas?

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

SpookyLuke when are we going to see that big update before Christmas?

Any time right around the holidays! I think Fawzma is wanting to get it ready and out before Christmas so everybody can play with the family and friends! Expect it anytime around Christmas-New years though.

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Any time right around the holidays! I think Fawzma is wanting to get it ready and out before Christmas so everybody can play with the family and friends! Expect it anytime around Christmas-New years though.

Woohoo! Can't wait.

#534 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Well alot of us are on vacation starting Monday, so we are ready....We will accept early presents from Fawzma.

Looking forwaqrd to it!

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Just gonna ne d my game , get #96 in that truck !

#537 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Maybe Monday? LOL

They’ve been known to drop updates on the weekend… maybe tonight even….

#538 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

They’ve been known to drop updates on the weekend… maybe tonight even….

Lol talking about shipping my game

#539 2 years ago

#70 checking in. I've had it for a few weeks now and I'm having a blast with it. Its shockingly fast at times and flows a lot better than anticipated. Upper playfields shoot well and hitting repeat butt pretzels makes me feel like I know what I'm doing!

However, after the latest code update my topper spins constantly. Tried to turn it off and back on in the test menu and that didn't do anything, just keeps on rolling. I unplugged it for the time being and hoping to see what happens with the next update.

Finally, how hard is the Quick battle hole to hit for everyone? Unless a ball bounces in off of something else, direct shots are pretty much always rejects. Any tested suggestions on how to adjust this? Adjusting flipper strength or bending the angled piece of metal?

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from Palepoli:

#70 checking in. I've had it for a few weeks now and I'm having a blast with it. Its shockingly fast at times and flows a lot better than anticipated. Upper playfields shoot well and hitting repeat butt pretzels makes me feel like I know what I'm doing!
However, after the latest code update my topper spins constantly. Tried to turn it off and back on in the test menu and that didn't do anything, just keeps on rolling. I unplugged it for the time being and hoping to see what happens with the next update.
Finally, how hard is the Quick battle hole to hit for everyone? Unless a ball bounces in off of something else, direct shots are pretty much always rejects. Any tested suggestions on how to adjust this? Adjusting flipper strength or bending the angled piece of metal?

Your topper spins? I asked about that via email and assumed it just wasn’t programmed yet. Mine does nothing.

The scoop is hard to hit. I think it needs a different metal behind it to capture the back. It’s pretty violent and tight as is.

#541 2 years ago

Had to add some character to my coin door.

943F6E81-21A3-4F6E-A0D6-BC1399A2752B (resized).jpeg943F6E81-21A3-4F6E-A0D6-BC1399A2752B (resized).jpeg
#542 2 years ago

Found this rug on instagram. Figure some of yall would love to have this under your feet in front of your machine!
https://creature-bazaar.myshopify.com/collections/creature-bazaar/products/officially-licensed-ultraman-rug-by-tom-whalen-preorder

Screenshot_20211218-231511_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211218-231511_Instagram (resized).jpg
#543 2 years ago

Received my new ramp and shooter rod. Installed the ramp and took pics while doing it. Also showed where I sanded the edge of the the smoked plastic to keep from it from scratching the art blade on the right side. I had my son remove the metal cover on the upper playfield and the smoked acrylic over the lights to get a better angle to the top screws on the ramp. 2nd pic shows the upper playfield metal already removed (one nut and one screw - easy). Not a tough ramp install but the first attempt it was raised a bit on the left side causing the ball the get stuck during testing. We repositioned it lower (pulled it to the edge of where the ramp meets the playfield) and it is almost perfect. Hope this helps.

20211218_153720 (resized).jpg20211218_153720 (resized).jpg20211218_153741 (resized).jpg20211218_153741 (resized).jpg20211218_153827 (resized).jpg20211218_153827 (resized).jpg20211218_153932 (resized).jpg20211218_153932 (resized).jpg20211218_192254 (resized).jpg20211218_192254 (resized).jpg20211218_192305 (resized).jpg20211218_192305 (resized).jpg
#544 2 years ago

Bug, I beg you. This needs to be in the game. Episode 34 “Present from the Sky”. Suicide, snow, beer, operation monster balloonization, bird poop, etc… this episode is so insanely bizarre!

045E4FDF-7D0B-4BD4-823C-D8ED9B11E59D (resized).jpeg045E4FDF-7D0B-4BD4-823C-D8ED9B11E59D (resized).jpeg

#545 2 years ago

Hoping for a Xmas miracle and Ultra Man shipping out tomorrow

#546 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hoping for a Xmas miracle and Ultra Man shipping out tomorrow

Ha I’ve been all over the board with expectations. Most recently, when it was posted last week that the games were all being boxed up I figured they would be heading out the door but looks like maybe not. Hoping it at least arrives before New Years.

#547 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Bug, I beg you. This needs to be in the game. Episode 34 “Present from the Sky”. Suicide, snow, beer, operation monster balloonization, bird poop, etc… this episode is so insanely bizarre!
[quoted image]

Thats truly amazing.
I can't stop laughing.

#548 2 years ago

What pitch is everyone playing at? I am getting a lot of air balls.

#549 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

What pitch is everyone playing at? I am getting a lot of air balls.

I am at 6.55° - 6.65°.
Still get air balls. Game can get pretty fast at times.

#550 2 years ago

Airballs are almost always caused by flipper rubbers being too hight or too low.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/11?hl=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.