Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 684 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pinmister
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vp_IMG_0125 (resized).jpg
    2024-02-02 20.42.25 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2607 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2581 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2609 (resized).jpeg
    pretty good.gif
    IMG_0905 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    Pam (resized).jpg
    20230701_011237 (resized).jpg
    20230701_005223 (resized).jpg
    20230701_003547 (resized).jpg
    20230630_235903 (resized).jpg
    ok ok ok (resized).jpg
    LW (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viggin900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

The purpose of this club is to establish a group of members interested in purchasing and sharing information on Virtual Pinball, specifically the Ultra VP pin available from Rec Room World.
    https://www.recroomworld.com/virtualpinballmachines.html
    I purchased this machine last week and very enthused to share any information I can with all of you who have a question. I am just a pinball owner for many years who has made the leap to Virtual Pinball. I can post pictures and answer questions from an owner perspective of this specific game but detail software/download stuff I am not as savvy about and hope to meet with others who are.
    Overview : The Ultra VP is a commercially available Virtual Pinball machine and not a homebrew system. For anyone interested in not building their own system and downloading games from sites this is for you!
    The specs are in the link above, this thing has everything, it is built like a tank and the color strips are even inset into the cabinet so they can't be seen from the sides. So far it comes with 348 games or so but this will all change in a few weeks with the big update to POP,4k, and an additional 300 games. I plan to share more when that is available but for now it has not disappointed me with what it presently offers.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
    3 months later
    #4 2 years ago

There is a magnasave on games using the second button. I cant remember exactly how the feedback was but was convincing. This game is 4K and loaded with every feature.
    Yes, no interest in VP on pinside because once people except it the value and whole market of pins will crash. They wont admit it is a far better investment. I am a traditionalist and have both, its all coming to an end shortly.
    Animated backglass and movie clips, slugfest baseball games, online competitive play coming soon, jukebox feature! You don't have to make your own or do any work. It's game over.

1 month later
    #6 2 years ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

I have been considering virtual pinball for some time and this one sounds pretty impressive.
    As far as software and computer goes, I am pretty illiterate, so am concerned about any ongoing software issues or is it a case of when it is up and running, there should be no ongoing issues with things such as games not displaying or playing correctly?

With the new 1.0 that came out last week a couple times the pup display went black. It takes less than a minute to reset it, its the first version so to be expected. Its all set to go when you buy it,I'm pc illiterate. I believe any further updates will be done for you by the bluetooth dongle. Not confirmed but I would imagine online competition will eventually be next.

#7 2 years ago

Picture of WhiteWater. Some of these games are so nice in 4K and cleaned up I prefer them over the original which have dull ramps. Waiting on my digital topper to arrive,I should have gotten it originally. The real waterfall video above will be stunning.

20210829_193534 (resized).jpg20210829_193534 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #13 2 years ago

Yeah, after playing this for months I will say this about owning a VP to clarify anyone wanting to buy one.
    A. This will not replace your absolutely favorite games or top 5. I have Metallica,Oktoberfest, Gorgar, and Dr.Dude. I love these games and want to feel the real thing.
    B. This machine will replace all the games you used to own and wish you could still play.
    C. If you enjoy pinball expos wondering around playing all the games you can in a weekend.
    D. The games you like a lot but would never buy because of money or space. Also games that are just cool but not worthy of owning.
    E. If you have a family and kids who you want to get into pinball or enjoy time together. The kids games like Minions and Harry Potter are more suited for them and easier than real pinball.
    F. Themes you wish they made pinball for but they never will. For me its Masters of the Universe and Miami Vice.
    G. I would argue the Halloween and Stranger Things is better than the games that have been produced. Video pup pack assets, authentic call outs and music without the limitations of licensing.
    I could go on about the sports and music themed pinball games but you get the picture.
    Taking all these things in to account along with no mantainance it is a way better deal than a new Stern after another price hike. Manufactures are pricing themselves out of the market as well as older used games. VP is the new alternative and the younger audiance who grew up using ipads can latch on to. 20 years ago antiques were a good investment, now you can't give them away unless its to an older person.
    Trust me, everyone will own a VP along with their favorite pins in 5-8 years.

3 months later
    #28 2 years ago

I know there is a facebook Ultra VP fan page where owners talk, I heard about it but I'm not on facebook. I have not heard of anyone complaining about there game or myself. Customer service is incredible. Just call Rolznd he will be happy to talk with you or answer any questions. I called him the day before Thanksgiving and he answered my question. Better than getting through to Stern. I heard he is getting swamped with orders and it may be a long time to get a game after ordering?
    This game is my first go to when I go to the basement, even after many months of playing. Mainly because I enjoy perusing the marketplace ads and finding rare expensive games for sale. Like yesterday I thought I would try Space Rider made by Geiger, which is for sale. I would never own it but had a lot of fun playing it and the unique rules. Very awesome game and probably never find one in the wild to play.
    Then there is Slugfest, sometimes I'm in the mood for baseball, I would never spend the money to buy one but it scratches the itch. Also if I have friends over for a soccer match or football game there are dozens of pins to choose from and you can even select your own team version.
    My clisest friend comes over and doesn't like playing pinball but we play darts and shoot pool. The video jukebox is the best. It randomly plays some great hits and brings back memories of classic videos. We stayed up later than usual because of the music. I discovered an 80s band called Over Kill and found out they are touring nearby soon!
    I could careless about resell value,I'm never getting rid of it even if the graphics etc stay the same. Not sure how it would improve in the future unless they have 3D which is doubtful.
    If you like going to pinball shows you will love it, like having one in your basement. If you are thinking of buying a pin it is a great tool to try before buying. I want a Ghost Busters now but the VP version is so good I figure why bother. Especially with the insane prices right now.

3 weeks later
    #33 2 years ago

Yeah, hate to say it but I dont even turn on my regular machines much anymore and just play virtual. Going through the pinball hall up the street isnt what it used to be either, I just go there for new releases now and play the rest at home. Whats the point?
    It has saved me in thousands of dollars I would have spent buying other games. Batman 66, ACDC, and Ghostbusters are so incredibly real enough I don't see spending the money buying.

2 weeks later
    #37 2 years ago

I hope you enjoy the WOZ you got instead. $9300 for a VP is cheap when you think of the 1000 games it does, jukebox, and flipperless games. What more you want? I don't see what technology they will have in 3-5 years that would improve things and not have developers redo all the games for it? Just don't get hung up on this 60hz vs 120hz. Do the research. Its not that big of a deal, especially if you never seen the 120hz side by side. Hope you get a VP someday, they are going up in price and wait time just like pinball.

1 month later
    #42 2 years ago
    Quoted from KDJ29:

I've had an Ultra VP since the end of August 2021, and I've had alot of fun with it, but it has had nothing but problems since I got it. The software it came with origionally wasnt good and the company had to send me a new hard drive, they had to send me 2 new memory sticks, i had to buy a remote keyboard, i had to buy a hard drive copier, two of the solenoids have burnt up, alot of the tables dont load correctly, alot of the pup packs dont work correctly. Ive had my Real Williams White Water for 2 years now, and the only work ive had to put into that is replacing fuses every once in awhile. So dont believe for a second that virtual pinball is maintenance free. it has working parts and a computer running it, and its windows 10. so, plenty of problems. The owner, Roland Buck, will eventually help you with the problems, over the phone or even over video/zoom, whtvr, but if your not in the east coast time zone, it can be difficult to get your times right to get things done. Still, Im glad I got the Ultra VP. It's great to play all of the games, and i do play it way more than my real williams whitewater, even though thats my favorite all time. I dont however feel that the Ultra VP is worth the 8,000.00 price I paid for it. with all of the problems it has, and knowing how much people spend making them themselves, I think 5,000.00 is more like it. If it had no problems and ran everything its supposed to, I would feel better about saying its worth 8,000.00 If I were you, I would start out with a 19" Sharpin (400.00-500.00) and hook it up to an android box or nintendo switch and play the zenfx games and see if you like that. that was my jumping off point. now that i have an ultra vp i dont use my sharpin anymore unless i want to do tournaments. Although the Australian virtual pinball company extreme gaming? looks like they have superior tables and software to recroom world, I stayed away from extreme gaming because its overseas, and i read that the customer service is bad or non existant. thats where recroom world shines, because Roland bends over backwards to help you fix the problems and get back to having fun. So really, maybe the 8k pricetag is worth it, because the customer support Roland gives you is probably worth the extra 3k. mobile pinball mechanics charge 100.00-150.00 an hour and charge 75.00-100.00 just to come out... Roland's customer service is free (if you can get ahold of him). Do your research, watch videos on youtube. Dont get swept up in FOMO. take your time. its a large purchase. For me, ultimately, it was worth it.
    [quoted image]

I totally agree with your reasoning of why you purchased it over the Australian company. Same here. Stinks you had some hickups. I've been fine so far with no problems. Knock on wood. Just sometimes a game may not load or pup pack needs to be restarted but not a big deal to restart. How about that Whitewater on it though? It plays and looks so nice I no longer want to buy one. It's classic.

#43 2 years ago

Sometimes you just need a break from pinball.

20220329_195325 (resized).jpg20220329_195325 (resized).jpg20220329_195706 (resized).jpg20220329_195706 (resized).jpg
    #47 2 years ago

You know I have never tried VR with a headset, mostly for the reasons you mentioned. For me the price to pay for an Ultra VP even though it will loose money overtime like any tech, It pays off in joy. Not to mention having all these games to play makes me more knowledgable about pinball. It's like a person with a smartphone compared to someone with a land line. My friends scratch their head when I talk about rare games or how 80's Gottliebe's rock because of the sounds and risk taking designs.
    Anyway if you are in Cincinnati you are welcome to try before you buy. If Columbus Oh is on the way somewhere you can save $300+ on shipping. Just ask Roland. Although the way gas prices are now that would be a deal.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from MulderItsMe:

Rec Room World announced they upgraded to version 6.0 of their Ultra VP.
    Plywood instead of MDF
    120hz 4K, this is key
    Better graphics card
    Williams style shooter rod
    VR support supposedly
    I pretty much ran out of “well if they just changed this one little thing…”
    So I ordered one! Now I just have to be patient until June.

Just when I thought they couldn't make it better this happens. I would love to see the difference. They do take customer feedback seriously. I wish I had gotten the video topper so if you can afford it get it. They didn't have anything to play on it when I got mine. Show us the side art when you get it. I like how there are so many options.

#49 2 years ago

Creature from Black Lagoon BW version like munsters. And a classic video from the jukebox.

20220329_194957 (resized).jpg20220329_194957 (resized).jpg20220329_195215 (resized).jpg20220329_195215 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #65 2 years ago

The artwork I went with was collage. Mostly because if I was to ever put it on location up the street at the local bar or country club it would draw curiosity. After all it does have a functioning coin mech and door. Maybe later on in life it will be on location to make a few extra $?
    Most games have feedback, some don't but I believe its because of the designer? If I can figure out how to change the ability I will let you know.
    First game to check out. CarToons. This is why there is VR pinball. A rusty ball and peeled playfield from a junkyard. Hit the cockroach scrambling under the the slings for a second score. The ball makes a rolling sound across the wood playfield I swear it was real. This is why Virtual rocks and no one could make this game in reality. The possibilities are endless.

#70 2 years ago

I've heard of folks who have a VP cab complain of lag but never played one? I will say a few games feel "spongey" on the flippers but I adapt just like every game is different.
    I have the artwork on the first post in this thread. They offered a discount on this one and some others coming off a truck or something. Not sure if they still do it but it saved me $100 or so.

2 weeks later
    #73 1 year ago

Used/refurbished machines for sale! Could be an option if they are too expensive for you. Most likely they are my game with earlier specs or were used as demos? I don't know.
    https://www.recroomworld.com/usedultravp.html

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Cool. I like the artwork on your Ultra VP, that's currently the one I have selected for my preorder. As much as I would like game specific artwork there's something about the collage type of artwork representing dozens of games over the years that feels right for something like the Ultra VP.
    I'm pumped to get an Ultra VP in my home. Personally I'm going to be using it for all pre LCD era games, will likely never buy another one again, and then stick to only the LCD era for physical pins. On the Ultra VP Facebook group I see people asking about when various LCD games will be released for it...I think the answer is never as there are no traditional roms to base the tables off of unlike pre LCD era games. Tribute tables using custom community created code are the closest people will get for LCD era games but they will never play as well as virtual tables based off of roms. If there are still roms on newer LCD games they are locked behind various security measures which will make accessing them impossible.

I don't know about security measures for roms but there are many lcd games that are nearly exact like batman 66 and TNA to name a few. Scott Danessi seems willing to share his games with the community. Legends of Valhalla apparently was developed as a VP originally so I can see many of these designers releasing developed games to the community.

2 weeks later
    #76 1 year ago

There is a game for every occasion.
    "Gonna take you riden to the danger zone."
    The premier!

20220510_231114 (resized).jpg20220510_231114 (resized).jpg
    #79 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That table looks great! Can’t wait to get my Ultra VP, hopefully early July.
    Is that a table you added? Just curious about the process to add and update tables on your own if you don’t want to wait for an update drive from RRW. For example there’s a new mod out for STTNG that looks incredible. I’m curious how something like below could be added.
    https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/10332-star-trek-the-next-generation-mod-nfozzy-fleep-sounds-lut/

Hopefully we will eventually have answers to these questions. I'm sure I can figure it out after a little research but I'm too busy learning cgi and 3d printing. Too many stakes in the fire. I have had a look at the sd drive and nothing made much sense to me. I created a backup just in case.

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Saturday night IMAX center stage....cant wait.
    "Feel the Need"

"The need for speed!" It's fantastic is all I'm going to say. I am pretty critical and don't fan wagon. I don't see how someone would not like this movie. They somehow pulled it off really really well.

1 week later
    #83 1 year ago

Great info! Thats about everything. I am happy with the tables it came with and havn't seen much new ones that I like.
    The only problem I have is a couple tables will not start or take credits for some reason randomly? Not always but frequently. Dr. Dude and Elvira party monsters. Is there a fix for this?

1 week later
    #90 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Cool! I'm in the second wave and have been told early July, hopefully we both get our games within the next 2 months. In the meantime I've noticed that the software devs having been adding and updating a lot of tables.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r4-hBe-YUs8vJApLNWTE5c32UB-XEi5_CAdzR144EF0/edit#gid=435773722
    Someone on here was messaging me the other day about these games being a rip off which I completely disagree with. I priced out building a high end virtual pin and it came out to $6.5k - $7.5k. I've read similar stories including one where the guy spent $7k + 200 hours building one...I'll happily pay another $2.5k - $3k for something that works out of the box while still being high end. Wish I had the time and skills to build my own but I don't. Can't wait to get the Ultra VP!

Home builders love to tell you it can be made cheaper yourself. What they won't tell you or show you theirs. Larger dmd screens, lights that sync, enough solonoids, counter sunk monitor playfield, access to a volume adjuster etc. I have yet to see one that compares to the Ultra VP with features. For whatever reason the 2 pin shiws I have gone to where someone brought there homebuilt, they never got to work because of some update thing spinning on the screen? It didn't give people confidence in pursuing Virtual pinball at the shows.

#91 1 year ago

Hey around July when you all get yours we can try a league thing. One person picks a game and the best score in 2 hours wins? Hopefully we will be able to do this online by next year?

1 month later
    #114 1 year ago

Solenoids would be a nice feature but I can see them getting toasted as much play I have on the machine. The feel of the ball on the flipper is the only thing lacking but you get used to it and doesn't change the game play.
    They seem to be very thurough, thats why you only get updates every 5 months or so. If its anything like my 5.0 was, once they are ready they flow out to everyone in a hurry. Fingers crossed you don't wait much longer.
    Yes the Harry Potter should be made into a real game.

#124 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm hearing about some 6.0 games shipping, they are starting to go out.
    I've debated this entire time about cancelling my order and getting another real pin instead but have decided to move forward with getting an Ultra VP 6.0. It's the whole value thing that has been my hold up, realistically I know this thing will be worth half the value in 5-10 years. I finally realized I can't look at it that way, this purchase is an investment in fun. We buy phones, TV's, speakers, vehicles, golf club memberships, boats, and more items that don't maintain their value but there is value in the enjoyment we get out of those things. This isn't any different and I've happily accepted it. As much as I would like another physical pin I really want to play dozens of pins that I know I'll never get a chance to own.
    In anyone is also wondering about value regarding vpins check out the video below of someone building a very nice virtual pin. The video goes into detail about the cost of the build. This builder had some of the parts, got some used / discounted, and still spent $4K. The Ultra VP has more features, DOF solenoids / contactors, higher end hardware, and cost a bit more then double which I don't think is that bad considering everything works out of the box. Just as the author of the video said this is an investment in fun.

Once you get yours, your worries of investment will be over. You hit the nail on the head. I would argue that it is the true pinball enthusiest who take the VP plunge as we have. If you lost money on buying real pins this hobby and this website would be less than half. It is the true players who seek out to play all the tables and enjoy the game.

#125 1 year ago
    Quoted from ComboChuck:

So it appears to be an amateur hobby, but I find it funny that I can't find any information when I search for it on the net. Perhaps I'm not using the right terms, or perhaps it's not popular enough to surface to the top of my results list. Any informational links would be very much appreciated!

Good question, there isn't much of anything out there. I'm a cgi artist and would like to design my own in the future as well. All I have found is this starter document by Scottywic and Orbital pinball. They seem to be the only ones making an effort. Masterclass of this would be awesome! I got this info from the credit screen on Stranger Things. https://docs.orbitalpin.com/table-planner

#137 1 year ago

You know what was cool is that they throw in the gold wire flipper buttons with the leaf switches. Interested in what people think of that vs leaf. I would think the leaf is realistic with a slight delay like in real life rather than arcade instant feel.

#141 1 year ago

In case you are wondering how this pin looks in a line up next to originals you can't tell the difference. Camera doesn't quite do it justice. 4k and and you get the color DMD display in all the games!

20220724_014052 (resized).jpg20220724_014052 (resized).jpg
    #153 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

These are all preferences that can be adjusted and saved as well. I would like to change some games to 5 ball so I can advance further

If you find out how to change to 5 ball let us know. There are 2 games I would like to do that to. Although with new updates to the tables coming I should probably wait. A couple of the older tables should be 5 not 3.

#167 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks! This game is damn heavy, even without the head on it seems almost as heavy as a full Stern. I had to take the back box off to get it into my basement which I could barely myself to position it on the Escalera.
    The Ultra VP is downstairs now, thank goodness. Had my traditional celebratory beer after getting it and myself downstairs in one piece lol. Overall cabinet construction continues to look good. There’s some nice finishing details on the cabinet such as rubber stop on the bottom and a couple longer ones on the back. Will post another update once I get it up and running (may not be until tomorrow).
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Congrats, my favorite graphics too. Car-toons is a fun one to start with, it really shows off how virtual can do things a regular pin can't.

#168 1 year ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

Change it with your keyboard/settings or it may have this on your coin door just like the real thing, open the coin door and then settings. Some games have to be changed in the script. What machine/game do you want 5 ball?

Thanks, I think Grand Prix and a couple older games were set to 3 ball. I'll have to check. They are 5 ball at a house in league and want to match that.

#170 1 year ago

Any of you peasants up to challenging me for king? Visual pinball x [mod) version.

20220802_174906 (resized).jpg20220802_174906 (resized).jpg
    #186 1 year ago
    Quoted from ElRato:

That’s a bummer about the monitor. I’ve got a 4.0 that I’ve modded for FullDMD and love it, but really wanted 120hz playfield. Got the same thing yesterday “you want it you drive to Columbus and pick it up”. I’ve found a 4K 48” 120hz OLED gaming monitor that should fit with some tweaks to the mounting frame in the Ultra which beats driving to Columbus. I found the company in China that manufactures the Ultra, but they’re loyal to RRW so no luck buying the LG commercial display from them so far.
    Anyway, just in case any owners here aren’t also on the Facebook fan’s group, I run a league on Facebook for Ultra owners, the RRW Ultra VP League, also on Facebook. It’s a 2 table a week league with a separate 1 table a week Playing With History challenge. There’s a great mix of players from beginner to complete pinball degenerate, so feel free to join if you haven’t already.
    Also, if you’re an owner or just thinking about it, you’ll find the RRW Ultra fans group is a great resource for videos, pics, Q&A, etc.
    The Ultra is a great machine, no complaints. Being a nerd I did replace the RAM (4.0 only had a single stick), PSU (wanted modular), GPU (to a 2080 super, mainly for VR and VPE when it releases), and put in an NVMe drive, but none of that is essential if you’re just looking for a plug and play system.

Do you have a link? Also why are all the pages set to private that no one can see if you DC ont have an account? Who cares? Thanks

#193 1 year ago

For people who claim its easy to make your own VP pin have a look at that picture and tell me anyone can do this? Not happinin unless its a very basic game. This thing looks like a Porsche turbo charged engine. Beautiful under the hood.

#209 1 year ago

I just discovered this table tonight. It is so sweet. A soundtrack mix between Natural Born Killers and Miami Vice. Loved every minute.

20220811_010057 (resized).jpg20220811_010057 (resized).jpg
    #210 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

After a roughly 8 hour round trip I have a properly working 120hz display on my Ultra VP 6.0. Got it home late last night, installed it, and everything is good!
    Will try to post some gameplay videos when I can. Roland is out on vacation this week so I met one of his coworkers to get the display. I’ll likely be emailing Roland today and requesting at least a partial refund of the original shipping cost for having to make the trip.
    [quoted image]

I may have posted this before but look at the detail on this table! The reflection on the walls was even captured. I can't believe they bothered with rendering the wires. I dig the shine of the screws. Eventually most of the games will be as good as Adams Family.

20220811_004735 (resized).jpg20220811_004735 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #226 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Been playing a ton of the Ultra VP lately and some other games are getting lonely
    I took a bad wipeout on my One Wheel skate board and really jacked myself up. I fell hard on my palms and messed up the ligaments in my arms and elbow. Trying to nudge my machines recently has been painful and I have realized I am not 18 years old anymore. Been enjoying tables without having to nudge a ton and I also decided to use a retro 1970's lounge chair with back for sitting down while playing the virtual. I usually do not use a stool while playing, but I find it nice for the Ultra.

Hope you heal while playing pinball. I am of the age of collecting skateboards and not riding them. I looked up Blood Machine, I don't have that,I'll have to update. Looks really cool like Xenon 2.0.

#227 1 year ago
    Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Does anyone know how to change the DOF settings so that standup targets and drop targets aren’t firing off solenoids every time they’re hit? Someone pointed me towards the VPX folder ‘global settings’ and under the DOF I unselected these but unfortunately it has no effect on the VPX tables I’m playing
    Wondering if there’s something that can at least be done at the independent table level? Apparently some people think all these extra solenoids popping off is “an enhanced experience” but for me it’s more like noise pollution that lessons the feeling of it seeming like a real table - I’ve never played one pin in my life that fired off coils every time a standup or drop was hit. I’d love to have just some ssf when these are hit and the coils pop just when the drops are reset.
    Any help would be much appreciated!

What's a game you notice this in?

#231 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I got my vp and setup it last night . Tightened the legs too hard so got significant leg wrinkling. Will work on it today to smooth it out , don’t over tighten!
    So far , not sure , it’s just completely different then a real machine . I have 30 plus mechanical machines ... Physics of vp are completely different . I want the ball to go here , it goes there …
    Some games are better then others. I don’t see myself selling any of my real games to minimize my collection because of the vp . I can use it as an adjunct but not a replacement

There are some tables I feel that are like that but a few. They just need more time worked in like the old EMs. The top 50 games are pretty solid. I don't play any of the games I already own on it well because I have the real thing, but the ones I've sold and miss I play a lot of. It took me a month to warm up to the feel of looking at a screen. The biggest hurdle was the playfield size difference but I don't even notice anymore.

#234 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

It does not matter if you overtighten or add protectors,etc. I have tried everything and they still wrinkle. I will flatten out wrinkles-put the legs on-and eventually the wrinkles appear again. I thought about trying to order metal protectors that offset the legs but I really don't want to spend the money on them. I have decided I am going to bust out the razor blade and just cut them down. I think what I am going to do is use the regular legs as a template to get the lines in the cabinet and then cut them down and use plastic protectors that will cover the cut edges.

It is apples and oranges and virtual will never replace the real thing. For me it has helped me start to curb my appetite for more machines I have wanted. For example I would not mind having an Attack from Mars but I am running out of space and would rather have a new title like 007, BTTF, Beetlejuice, etc. Lots of great games will be coming out in the next few years. Playing the Attack From Mars on virtual really does a good job of giving me just enough satisfaction from the gameplay without missing the kinetics of the actual silver ball. Is it the same-no but the feeling is getting better and better and I have no desire to own an AFM now that I have virtual access. I have always wanted a Baywatch and a Radical for my collection and now I am happy just having them on my Ultra. Will the Ultra allow me to eventually sell some of my physical machines-probably not but it will help curb the appetite for more machines to be added.

Agree, but after playing Radical I sort of want one for my next pin, I just doubt it will play as good as the virtual with everything going on. There is that to consider. I've only played one Twilight Zone that plays as it should in my lifetime. UVP the flippers are consistant.

1 week later
    #249 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guys Im a little confused about the physics. Some games are better then other, but Im actually wondering if it has to do with being a wide body or not? Like if its a standard game on a wide body, i think the physics become a little bit off? Anyone else notice that?

A lot of this may be the way the game was programed or physical engine? I will have to see about wide body or not. Most games are fine but I came across a couple I couldn't make the shot. You just have to wait it out and hope it is updated later on. The main games have been pretty well gone through and cleaned up.

2 weeks later
    #265 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

Looks great! Do you know off hand how tall with beacons and topper? Low basement ceiling. My GNR topper works and my F-14 Beacons but not my other 2.
    I'd really like to get those options but not a necessity. (i don't think, anyway?)
    Also, huge shout out to PanzerFreak for wading through the muck over the past year on this. I followed everything you wrote from the other thread and you kept going until you answered every last one of my questions that I never physically asked! THANK YOU!!!
    Also, Viggin900 and Oneangrymo probably a couple of others in there.
    With the new game prices coming out especially after today's Stern increase, I'm literally priced out of real games from here on out and certainly don't have the room for more machines. I have space for one game and it was gonna be a Godzilla Prem, but nope. Market dictated that choice.
    So...started researching this virtual world and 66 pages was a long haul. haha.
    PanzerFreak Was the backbox hard to remove cable-wise or any other issue? I definitely have to remove that and hopefully the actual cab width is less than 29 inches?
    Anyway, thanks for all the knowledge, people! It didn't go for nothing.
    I'm thinking I'm in. Gotta sleep on it for a couple more days.
    Oh yeah and the friscopinball hero too! Awesome stream! Made a difference!
    Best wishes
    r/
    Mike

Mike, Thanks. The backbox wasn't that hard to remove, just take your time and label things if need be.
    I also had an extra keyboard and mouse laying around I have connected to the pin. I was able to keep them just inside the coin door all tighty so its right there if I have to restart pinup popper.

#269 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

its actually really weird going from virtual back to a real machine after only playing virtual for a few weeks. the real machine feels weird now, like too much 3d. And like what is what that big metal ball making so much noise and ruckus.

I was like that for a few months than all of a sudden I couldnt tell the difference. I liked Freddy Nightmare Elm Street and just got the real thing. I wasn't dissapointed, plays just like the virtual.

4 weeks later
    #292 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Fair enough!
    But, at nearly 59 years old, I doubt a headset is going to affect my sex life!

The reason I left the Virtual pin thread was because you would always downvote anytime anyone mentioned the Ultra VP. Now you bring it over to here comparing $400 goggles to a 10k mechanical machine. There is no comparison. Please go away.

3 weeks later
    #319 1 year ago

I'm late to the game,putting my request in now. I can't believe there were imprivements to some games like Cactus Canyon and Ghost Busters. Those were already the best tables I would put on to show people the realism. Must be pretty special.

#321 1 year ago

Cyber Monday sale. $500 off today on a new machine!
    https://www.recroomworld.com/index.html

1 week later
    #336 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Actually that didnt work either. I took the files and placed it in the "tables" folder. And then rebooted the machine. It didnt do anything, am I missin a step?
    Thanks

I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to find 600gb to download? Yikes.

#337 1 year ago

Question for people with toppers?
    I didn't get one with mine but heard they are around $260? Maybe its inflation or shipping but its now $400!
    What do you think? Is it worth $400? I could care less about the police lights but the extra screen looked pretty cool. Would you pay that for it?

#339 1 year ago

Thanks Mike, maybe I will hold off.
    Not sure why you have a problem,I opened a ticket and then got a number to talk to Tony. Downloading the update tomorrow.

1 week later
    #346 1 year ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Quick question:
    How long did it take to get used to playing on a 27" wide cabinet? I'm concerned my wife will have a problem with that.

It took me 2 weeks if that. At first I noticed it and then after a few weeks it went away. I can't tell a difference now switching back and forth between real pinball and virtual. Also some people and myself when first playing thought the flippers can feel a little spongy? That went away after about 20 games. Your first 20 games there is a slight acclimation till you get used to how it plays.

#347 1 year ago

I just updated to 2.5 yesterday. Incredibly easy with videos to guide you the whole way through it. I don't use PC's so it is dumbed down for people like me to find certain option windows. The worst part is waiting 4 days or more for it to download onto my ssd.
    I finally got a chance to play Blood Machines, as people have said its very cool!

2 weeks later
    #360 1 year ago

I love the 3d glasses use. Creature ftom the black lagoon it helps to differentiate the layered ramps. That game needs it. Also classic Tron I feel like I'm in the movie!

#363 1 year ago

They are the old school red/blue galsses. On some games the color shift isn't too bad like Tron. The tinted glasses that are out now won't work. You need a special tv screen for them to work. I have an inkling this will be the next thing they come out with. The color stays the same with the new ones.
    My Dad and Brother were over last night and had a ball playing the 3D.

#376 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Installed the new Iron Maiden VPW table on my Ultra VP last night. First off thank you, thank you, and thank you to brannonrad for the adding new table instructions. I wouldn't have been able to install the table without your guide, can't thank you enough as have been wondering for months how to install a new table. I did install the Pup Pack, and bought the music on Amazon as directed in the Pup Pack install.
    Some tips and observations
    1. With the latest 2.5 software pressing "x" to close the Pinup software doesn't work as apparently there's now something called VP Guardian that has to be stopped first, otherwise Pinup just relaunches. I pressed alt + tab to tab over to VP Guardian and stop it. You can also try using the alt + F4 to stop Pinup, you can easily relaunch it from the start menu
    2. You will have to play around with your POV settings after installing the new table. I tried the settings below as recommended from someone on the VP Forums. I still had to adjust the scale settings a bit to get the table to fit the Ultra VP well. I'm going to check what POV settings the XMEN LE VPW tables uses as looks excellent on the Ultra VP IMO. You can install the XMEN VPW table with a simply copy and paste (rename file method) versus a new install.
    1)Rotate from 270 to 0 degrees
    2)Remove the X offset
    3)Set X scale to 1.25-1.4
    4)Set Y scale to .98-1.1
    https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=47713
    Video for how to get into POV settings (to adjust the settings I used the flipper buttons)

[quoted image]

If there is one game I am willing to tackle updating for it is this one. I am timid because I don't know much about PC's. I will have to set aside a day for this.

#378 1 year ago

I don't know why but if plugging it into the source shortens it that much time,I'll do that next time. Mine took 3+ days to download. Enjoy the adventure, it's great figuring out how this stuff works.

4 weeks later
    #416 1 year ago
    Quoted from Megeant:

I had an issue with them recently. I paid through PayPal and month later I emailed him asking if he shipped the drive and nothing. I disputed it with them and he said he issued a refund 3 weeks later still no refund I emailed PayPal and threatened contacting Amex and that finally got them to issue me my refund. Definitely don’t do business with them

I think I got your drive! I was suppose to receive my topper and got a drive? There must have been a mix up during the busy holidays. They actually called me last night to correct the situation! It took a month or 2 to get the ball rolling again but it sounds like there was a death in the family in europe which probably made things disorganized the past few months. Its a small company, not like a JJP. Atleast not yet.

#421 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

if you are talking about the Retroplay dude out of Australia, his company has been in liquidation since January 16th and are under investigation. I would steer clear. Sorry to hijack the Ultra VP thread but I keep seeing posts about retroplay. He needs to be added to the scam sites at this point.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/virtualpinball/comments/10grqi3/fraud_warning_retroplay_australia_is_in/
    r/
    Mike

Oh ok,I didn't see that on his stement. I'm trying to get cought up.

#427 1 year ago

Just when you thought this game couldn't get better, it now gives you a BlowJob. Seriously, right between the legs! I can't wait to experience this.

#453 1 year ago

I'm taking baby steps with software, it still looks like a lot to know and I hate PC's. I spent a month trying to figure out our karaoke and audio problem.
    The first thing to do is replace the atrocious backglass to Hollywood Heat. I used to own it, mostly for the backglass and Miami Vice vibe. The person who did the cartoon thing needs help. They spent all this time coming up with a super realistic game and then uses that backglass?
    Another thing is if you do all this work and update every year with the new release don't you have to do it all over again?

#463 1 year ago

I'm interested in a game night each week here at well. I suggested it as well but I'm not on fb either.
    It would be fun to somehow have a number picked randomly and we play that from a list? No matter how dumb it is to force me to play it.
    I do think eventually this game will have an online play option we can all do live.

2 months later
    #626 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

How do you get teenage girls to play pinball? -Put on the Taylor Swift table and everyone breaks out the Iphones for selfies
    Totally bussen

My wife doesn't play pinball but she saw this table and I couldn't get her off it. One of the few times we played together and had fun, because the competitivness was not there.

#628 12 months ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Yes my niece and daughter love the Taylor table just for the tunes. Then my nephews like the Eminem table as well. My wifes favorite is still ABBA on the Beatles retheme table.
    This last week was all about Gilligan's Island and Lethal Weapon 3 for me. Some fun games and the Lethal Weapon is fun with the 1-2-3 shots. Ok OK Ok-I kinda like the game
    Loving my Ultra
    RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSS!
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Gilligans island is on my favorite list on the Ultra, they did a good job with that one. I can never get into lethal weapon for some reason, everyone loves it and it is a favorite in league. I must be missing something? I watched the first movie and that didnt help?

4 weeks later
    #630 11 months ago
    Quoted from texas_compadre:

Newbie here - just got my Ultra VP 7.0 unpacked and set up today, and I'm impressed and then some. The worry that kept me from pulling the trigger before now (which a lot of other on-the-fencers seem worried about as well) was potential flipper lag. I've been playing on an ATGames Legends Pinball machine and had become accustomed to compensating for the inherent ALP flipper lag by flipping slightly early. You get used to doing that, then you get on a real pinball machine and you're backhanding all over the place like an idiot... it plays a weird trick with your hand/eye coordination and it takes awhile to reacclimate to real pinball.
    The Ultra VP flippers react pretty much like real flippers do -- I see no discernible lag -- and I'm just really, really pleased about that.
    My only initial complaint is how the non-widebody tables are still stretched to fill out the w---i---d---e playfield monitor. Once I get the tables scaled more properly on the Y-axis, I expect to be a happy camper.

I agree with everything you said. Buying an expensive piece of technology is very risky and was scared to pull the trigger. I am glad as everyone else is and why I started this thread. I love mine so much I plan on selling it this summer to have the latest and greatest final masterpiece. Even though they aren't that big of a difference from what I have. I've always wanted a Whirlwind so the fan makes it for me.

1 month later
    #635 9 months ago

Happy July 4th weekend. One thing I love is all the theme games of America from the 70s. First up is Liberty Bell! Best of 5 games who can beat my high score today?

20230630_235903 (resized).jpg20230630_235903 (resized).jpg
    #636 9 months ago

Man tough crowd. Let's try day 2 of USA?
    Best out of 5 games, next up. Six million dollar man pinup pop edition. "Gentleman we can rebuild him, we have the technology!"
    High score 251,610.
    20230701_003547 (resized).jpg20230701_003547 (resized).jpg

#637 9 months ago

Spirit of 76! 78850 can you beat in 5 games?

20230701_005223 (resized).jpg20230701_005223 (resized).jpg
    #639 9 months ago

Happy 4th! 96770 on freedom best of 5!

20230701_011237 (resized).jpg20230701_011237 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #640 9 months ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

259120 For Liberty Bell-fun game and the outlanes are super hungry
    I will raise you one and add Independence Day
    So far 660,000,000

Happy 4th everyone-hope everyone is enjoying the best virtual machine ever made

My best on independence day was 1,418,253,120

2 months later
    #647 6 months ago

How does the VR work on the Ultra VP? Is it just plug and play? I may be interested in getting some to give it a try? I guess they have to be paired via bluetooth?

1 month later
    #649 5 months ago

Gonna join the club next summer. Looks like the perfect time.

Yes it will be. I think they will release the final version by then. After that it will be all software. I just wish we had an online community to play each other and virtual would be the easiest to implement. After that it will take over regular pinball.

#652 5 months ago

I cant imagine what else is needed? has the blower, lighted flippers, on -off options galore. gotta have the 49" versus al the other dudes 42.
    Any thoughts?

I have no idea, maybe some lights around the edge, maybe 5k screen, better speakers? If has an online playability that would be huge. Make it so it can download updates on its own, easier for user to make adjustments to ball counts etc. These are things that are more software than physical though.

1 month later
    #661 3 months ago

I'm jealous of anyone who has the time to tinker and add games. I have too many hobbies already. I just wait for the updates every year. Can't wait for the newest usually in February!

3 weeks later
    #666 78 days ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Bought some new ones from Roland years ago
    I would take some better pictures showing the tables a little better and remove the monitor and just not mention it(really not needed much anyway). May also offer it as trade bait?
    I am playing my Ultra almost daily again. This week was all about Ace of Speed. Love the Rockabilly theme and the table plays great with fantastic flow. Like the center target drop with connection to return ramp. Also like the ability to change your flippers with pressing both lower flipper buttons at once and changing to carrot flippers, etc.

I liked this game as well. Needs a bit more polish. I didn't know about the flippers?

1 week later
    #672 65 days ago

The release of the game updates should be any day now. I think it is always February? I would love that Phill Collins game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viggin900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultra-vp-club-virtualist-welcome?tu=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.