Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 684 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pinmister
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vp_IMG_0125 (resized).jpg
    2024-02-02 20.42.25 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2607 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2581 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2609 (resized).jpeg
    pretty good.gif
    IMG_0905 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    Pam (resized).jpg
    20230701_011237 (resized).jpg
    20230701_005223 (resized).jpg
    20230701_003547 (resized).jpg
    20230630_235903 (resized).jpg
    ok ok ok (resized).jpg
    LW (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 1 year ago

Is anyone selling their 5.0 to buy 6.0?

If so I may be interested

1 month later
    #101 1 year ago

Joined the club and made a deal for the last two new 5.0 Ultra VP's. I already am starting a favorite list and there are some great tables with unique layouts. I am getting all sorts of ideas in my head for possible future builds based on some of the virtual tables features. One game in particular has a steel ramp pitched sideways-I thought to myself-that would be a cool feature for a real table.

Very happy with the Ultra VP and the service and support has been fantastic!

-What tables are your favorites?

DSC00381 (resized).JPGDSC00381 (resized).JPGDSC00446 (resized).JPGDSC00446 (resized).JPGDSC00456 (resized).JPGDSC00456 (resized).JPG

DSC00451 (resized).JPGDSC00451 (resized).JPG
    #103 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Awesome! Congrats on the purchase

Hey buddy-it was all thanks to you. I knew I needed to find a machine with a properly integrated platform and Ultra is the machine. The amount of time spent on perfecting the platform is what sold me. I wanted a plug and play machine that runs as smooth as butter and that is exactly what I got. The DOF and SSF features are amazing and I would not purchase a virtual machine without them. I also had Roland add actual solenoids for flippers to get a louder more realistic feel and sound. I then tested next to one of my actual machines and the difference was marginal. Very happy camper and am glad I have been lurking in the virtual threads-educating myself.

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man cant wait for my 6.0 then!

It will blow you away!

Hey I even got my kids to play some pinball-the Harry Potter table is awesome!

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Did Roland ship your game with the 2.0 software?

Yes, fully loaded and amazing

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Do you have to specificcally request real solenoids on the flippers?

Yes and it is an extra charge

Many would be happy with the ones that come stock as well, but wanted it as real as possible. Only problem is the solenoids are more susceptible to burn out with heavy use and may need replacement eventually(although Roland said unlikely).

1 week later
    #129 1 year ago

The 2.0 software is really loaded and navigating through the different menus and genres is great. Finding some excellent tables and the whole family is enjoying it. My wife has been playing it everyday and has been turning on the machine herself(unheard of). She has really been enjoying the re-themed Beatles table featuring ABBA(fun table). We crank it up and the room becomes an instant disco. She also likes Grease, Taylor Swift, etc. I have been digging multiple custom tables including Harry Potter, Tom and Jerry, and some tables that remind me of TNA with excellent sounds and music.

So many tables to explore, and I am enjoying the journey. Glad I got into the virtual pinball scene

#131 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm still debating on going with the solenoid upgrade option for the flippers, it sounds tempting.

What you may do is have them include an extra set to install yourself if you decide you want them. They are not that expensive and are easy to install. I have been holding down the flippers for multi-ball,etc. and have not had any issues yet. The sounds and feel of the solenoids are realistic for sure and I am happy I went with them.

#138 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

New video from RRW is up, contactors vs solenoids for flippers

Looks like that was my machine being tested. I was going to go with the red ones but with a bad batch being sent from Amazon-decided to stick with the black one's that have been proven to perform and are used for other locations in the machine.

For those receiving their machines-be careful attaching your legs. The cabinet decals are susceptible for wrinkling and I had to find a good way to avoid the decals getting wrinkled. I found when I dropped the machine back to the floor from the pinball cart-the force would wrinkle the decals. I ended up using protectors and lowering very carefully. If they do wrinkle-easy to get out with a credit card or plastic scraper. I would almost recommend cutting the decals out around the legs first before attaching them.

#139 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

One game in particular has a steel ramp pitched sideways-I thought to myself-that would be a cool feature for a real table.

Let's talk about Blood Machines

Ok- I am seriously cracking out on this game. It is flippin amazing!

The geometry of the ramp flipped sideways has me thinking this should be implemented on a real table(trying to hit it-is super fun).

Super cool table...

#151 1 year ago
    Quoted from japespin:

because there's always a little bit of a lag between flipper button press, and actual flip on the screen.

I love the value that this represents, allowing me to "visit" the classics from the past, but flipper lag is a real big deal to me.

Would love your thoughts on this topic as it pertains to the Ultra. TIA!

There is no lag and it feels realistic. This technology has come a long way and the programming syncing with the force feedback has taken the experience to the next level. Even the sound of the ball moving and the sound of the mechanical motors has been replicated to sound just like the real thing. Only discrepancy is how the designer originally set up the game to their particular preferences. Some designers like the sound decibels lower, or the brightness turned down to enhance the inserts, etc. These are all preferences that can be adjusted and saved as well. I would like to change some games to 5 ball so I can advance further.

This game does allow you to visit games from the past for sure. So many classic titles to have fun with and the unique custom tables are engaging to learn. For the amount of features this game has-it is a great value.

#157 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Do you think if the shipping crate is undamaged that it's good to just sign or would you recommend actually opening it even with no visible damage?

Wait until you see how it is packed. The chances of it getting damaged is slim. They use wood-not cardboard and it is industrial-you must watch the video on how to unpack-then try and disassemble panels to dispose of for your trash service.

I am excited for you-post some pics!

#175 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This game is damn heavy

It gives Hobbit and STTNG some real competition

We moved my GOT after moving the Ultra and it felt like a feather compared to the Ultra

Also I am sure the new resolution is better on 6.0 but not sure how noticeable it will actually be. 60fps vs 120 fps would be really noticeable if the playfield changed but when it is just the small ball mainly moving-no biggie. Reminds me of going into a Best Buy and looking at the $4000 OLED vs the $700 LED 4k-to me the difference is marginal. I still have a Plasma TV in my bedroom, even with the bigger cheaper TV's out there(If it aint broke-don't fix it).

-Good luck with everything Panzer-may have got jostled in shipping taking a tour of the US. You are in good hands with service.

#203 1 year ago
    Quoted from dgposter:

Are the cabinet and lockbar the same dimensions as a William's widebody?

No, custom size and lockbar is not interchangeable. I was considering adding a smart button on lockbar and found it would be a custom bar. There is talk to add to future models

I do recommend cutting the decals prior to installing legs. I have tried several things and they still are prone to wrinkling.

Everyone seems to dig the new machine. I think I may have even raised a few eyebrows with some highly ranked tournament pinball purist. Once people play it in person-it changes their perception. Trying to find the best skill shot? I have always loved the one on Pinball Magic for some reason, TOTAN, Arena, TOMMY all good skill shots. Diving deeper into games is fun and I am loving my Ultra.

#211 1 year ago

It is a sweet game and the music and sounds are some of the best I have heard-especially for pinball

Another sweet game with awesome sounds and music is Tiki Bob's Atomic Beach Party-super fun game!

I have been playing Knight Rider just to hear the tunes

#212 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

It is a sweet game

Just listen to the soundtrack-holy smokes Batman...

1 week later
    #223 1 year ago

Guns and Roses has some serious shaker sequence, and seemed a little overboard. My hands felt like they were going numb from the constant shake.

This last week been playing a lot of ATM. I think this table really shines and replicates the original well. I love the sound of the ball returning on the ramps. Those little details make the experience feel like the real thing. Also playing a ton of Baywatch and still can't get enough of Blood Machines.
    Had a thought the other day that Blood Machines would be a great title for Spooky to do(seriously). The layout, sounds & music and theme just scream Spooky to me. -Make it so Spooky

#224 1 year ago

Been playing a ton of the Ultra VP lately and some other games are getting lonely

I took a bad wipeout on my One Wheel skate board and really jacked myself up. I fell hard on my palms and messed up the ligaments in my arms and elbow. Trying to nudge my machines recently has been painful and I have realized I am not 18 years old anymore. Been enjoying tables without having to nudge a ton and I also decided to use a retro 1970's lounge chair with back for sitting down while playing the virtual. I usually do not use a stool while playing, but I find it nice for the Ultra.

#229 1 year ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Hope you heal while playing pinball. I am of the age of collecting skateboards and not riding them. I looked up Blood Machine, I don't have that,I'll have to update. Looks really cool like Xenon 2.0.

Hey thanks for the kind words-I am almost all healed up now and my ninja nudging skills are starting to come back. I think Blood Machines is one of my favorite most played tables. I have showed several people the table and they seem to be impressed as well. If you do not have Blood Machines-you definitely need to download it.

#232 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

don’t over tighten

It does not matter if you overtighten or add protectors,etc. I have tried everything and they still wrinkle. I will flatten out wrinkles-put the legs on-and eventually the wrinkles appear again. I thought about trying to order metal protectors that offset the legs but I really don't want to spend the money on them. I have decided I am going to bust out the razor blade and just cut them down. I think what I am going to do is use the regular legs as a template to get the lines in the cabinet and then cut them down and use plastic protectors that will cover the cut edges.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Some games are better then others. I don’t see myself selling any of my real games to minimize my collection because of the vp . I can use it as an adjunct but not a replacement

It is apples and oranges and virtual will never replace the real thing. For me it has helped me start to curb my appetite for more machines I have wanted. For example I would not mind having an Attack from Mars but I am running out of space and would rather have a new title like 007, BTTF, Beetlejuice, etc. Lots of great games will be coming out in the next few years. Playing the Attack From Mars on virtual really does a good job of giving me just enough satisfaction from the gameplay without missing the kinetics of the actual silver ball. Is it the same-no but the feeling is getting better and better and I have no desire to own an AFM now that I have virtual access. I have always wanted a Baywatch and a Radical for my collection and now I am happy just having them on my Ultra. Will the Ultra allow me to eventually sell some of my physical machines-probably not but it will help curb the appetite for more machines to be added.

#235 1 year ago

It is interesting comparing how some tables really do a good job replicating the game play and some are just a little off. The Attack from Mars, MM, TOTAN, etc. all feel excellent while some other tables are slightly off geometrically. Godzilla and Deadpool are lacking some of the physical attributes that make the game really shine. Still fun-but not nearly the same as the real table.

#237 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

For a 10k machine I shouldn’t have to deal with this

Roland is considering trimming them before they leave the warehouse and is now aware of the issue. For a plug and play machine with 1500 tables I think 10k is a bargain with the build quality and platform provided-especially if your only issue is slight wrinkling in the cabinet decals. -Heck my Transformers LE is still wrinkled

#239 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

still wrinkling, I give up

They should not wrinkle if the decals are cut beyond the legs contacting the cabinet. My thought was to cut them down a 1/4 inch beyond legs and then plastic protectors on top? It does suck and hopefully you find a solution.

1 week later
    #246 1 year ago

This last week was all about Congo for me. I love the layout for Congo and it is such a great game.

Stop eating my sesame cake!

2 weeks later
    #261 1 year ago
    Quoted from Selig:

Tons of fun so far

Congrats-I like you AFM art-looks cool

I am very satisfied with my Ultra and glad I am dipping into the virtual world of pinball-it's a whole other animal and I am digging it.

1 month later
    #275 1 year ago

This week was all about ALGAR(Lionman #2!) and Stern KISS. The sounds and layout for ALGAR are great. This is a prime example of how much I love my Ultra. Do I want a ALGAR in my lineup-yes. Do I have room for a ALGAR in my lineup-no. Getting to explore 1500 tables is priceless to me.

Second game I have been cracking out on this week is Stern KISS. This table really shines with the virtual version and is a joy to flip. One thing that stands out with that table is when the ball drains and you hear the guitar strings ripping just on the right side audio-very cool sound(especially with high quality Ultra audio). These little touches make the virtual tables stand out for me.

I crank it up for KISS

#277 1 year ago

I do think lots of people have not flipped the newer version Ultra VP cabs with DOF + SOF. I have played virtual for 10 years now and while it was fun playing Pinball Arcade on my tablet while camping it never interested me much. Fast forward to playing one of the newer version VP tables with a large 49" screen and DOF + SOF- it literally blew me away on how it made the experience so much more enjoyable. For anyone that says they do not like DOF + SOF-I call bullshit. How could you not like it-any virtual machine without it is not worthy imo. It was a game changer for me and has made me take a good look into the virtual world. Have I mentioned I love my Ultra?

#290 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not sure why all of a sudden there's a couple people here bashing full size cabinets in what is an Ultra VP Club thread...Please take the bashing to the general virtual pinball thread lol

Yes I do not think Panzer is bashing but wondering what non Ultra VP owners are doing in this thread? Do you own a Ultra VP or are you considering purchasing one? There is a thread devoted to virtual pinball that may be more suited for debate.

I also agree with Panzer about the VR opinion. I can't see myself strapping some device on my head and finding it enjoyable. I played VR arcade games for a day or two and it got stale super fast(novelty wore off quick). I could be wrong and VR could be viable in the future but for now the virtual pinball feels the best in a regular cab(not just a screen thrown up on the wall) mimicking the real pinball machines with DOF+SOF. Really can't see strapping a device on my head for enjoyment-plus if I got caught wearing one of those devices-I may never get laid again

2 weeks later
    #305 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

Roland is fantastic to talk to. Good human

Roland is one of the main reasons I pulled the trigger on the Ultra-very good salesman and a straight shooter. I think I have some of those newer tables on my 2.0 software? I do not have the arcade menu or option but honestly I would not be interested. Plugging in a controller and playing on a horizontal screen does not sound entertaining. To me the virtual pinball machine should be used to play pinball. I already have a couple dedicated MAME machines to play arcade games-so I will probably wait for 3.0 version that has more new pinball tables to be added.

Mike congrats on your Ultra and welcome to the club

I have been playing my Ultra everyday and still have not scratched the surface. This week has been all about the Stranger Things table. This table really shines and gives you the one more game feeling. The layout, video clips, sounds, and music all synch. Hitting the start button over and over and really enjoying the paired music choices-fantastic soundtrack. This one is going to my favorites category...

#313 1 year ago

Nice job Mike-I need to do the fix to mine still

Like the Top Gun graphics(especially with beacons)

I have not used the Jukebox feature yet(need to check it out more). The sound system is actually really decent for the Ultra. When you guys get 2.5 downloaded-let us know your thoughts

1 week later
    #322 1 year ago

Have I mentioned -I love my Ultra? Seriously playing it everyday

This last week we had a fun Thanksgiving challenge with the 1979 Atari Superman table. A simple objective was laid out-spell Superman(fun challenge with tons of risk/reward shots)

Good times

2 weeks later
    #342 1 year ago

One of the best tables is The Simpsons table with the recessed playfield. The look really adds to the 3D and I wish more tables utilized this feature(especially with side blades to enhance). Also the AFM tables are all really well done-the physics are all there and a table that shines on Ultra. Wondering what it looks like in person with the 3D glasses on in stereoscopic mode?

2 weeks later
    #356 1 year ago

Well I attempted to fix my wrinkling decals around the legs with installing the metal stand off protectors from Pinball Life. I had some larger wrinkles and realized I may have caused them to get worse by installing the plastic leg protectors initially. Without cutting out the actual cabinet decal-it just made the wrinkling more prevalent. I cut out the decals like Mike did but I am a day late and a dollar short. The damage is done

I even attempted heating up the decals but the wrinkles compacted down and caused permanent wrinkle in decals. I recommend trimming your decals before installing any protectors or putting legs on. Roland really needs to trim these decals from factory for future builds.

#359 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

Maybe he could make you a decent deal on some new cabinet art with the updated process

I am not worried about it, it is hardly noticeable but I am OCD so I wanted it perfect-love my custom CFTBL art

In terms of the software update I do not believe Roland has much to do with it other than getting it from third party and redistributing it. I feel like I really have not scratched the surface with getting into a lot of tables. I know lots of people want the latest and greatest with update but there are 1500 tables to explore in the meantime. I feel like it will take me years to truly dive into all of the available tables and so I will wait for 3.0-not in any hurry.

Wondering how Iron Maiden will play? Funny thing is I wanted to buy a friends Iron Maiden recently because of the epic gameplay and layout. I do not care for the music but the layout is something else. The Godzilla table does not emulate the real table very well imo-wondering how Iron Maiden will play? The layout on IMDN may also be difficult to emulate geometry accurately? Still excited though

#361 1 year ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I love the 3d glasses use

I am really curious about this. To be honest I do not care for most 3D stuff for an extended period of time. No way I could wear old school red and blue ones for very long without going cross eyed. Just saw Avatar in 3D IMAX and those glasses were comfortable and really intensified the effect of 3D. Wondering if they may work with this platform? If anyone goes to the theatre-keep your 3D glasses and experiment?

1 month later
    #397 1 year ago
    Quoted from mattdawg:

I have one of these bad boys on order

Welcome to the club-don't forget to trim your decals before you put the legs on.

This last week was all about Fireball I, and Fireball II

Super fun on the Ultra-good times

#406 1 year ago
    Quoted from BriGuy5:

I read the solenoid will release (which is fine, as long as it’s not overheating and will continue to fire with the next flipper press)

So the deal with the real solenoids is they are susceptible to overheat. If you hold them down for an extended period of time the solenoid will release and then you just hear a slight click and not a thunk. I love the solenoids and to me they make the experience just like the real thing-I want to hear that loud thunk. I do not sit and cradle for a long time so for the most part it does not effect my gameplay(very rare). Now one of my friends comes over and he cradles the ball like rocking a baby to sleep and they release. The weird thing is the left one always goes out first(right one rarely goes out). Not sure if it is a software thing or the way they were wired? The good thing is they reset and when you go to another table they work again. Solenoids are the way to go-now just have to figure out how to keep them from overheating.

#407 1 year ago

So post passing is good but this last week I tried to practice tap passing. Much more sensitive and I was surprised the Ultra was able to do it with good physics. Very important for older tables

1 week later
    #454 1 year ago

You guys seem obsessed with wanting to make changes or make updates. There are so many games to explore and try and master-I have not even scratched the surface. More playing and less fixing is what I recommend.

I have an idea-how about we organize a weekly Ultra VP tournament. Once a week we choose a table and have one week to get our high scores in order. We can discuss the pros and cons of individual tables? Any interest?

#457 1 year ago
    Quoted from Phinner21:

runs on Facebook's Ultra VP

I know that group is big there-Roland recommended but I can't stand Facebook and not wanting to join

#464 1 year ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:I'm interested in a game night each week here at well

Sounds good to me. I am not on the social platforms-just here. My idea was to have a game chosen every week or two by a pinsider. We can rotate around and the pinsider chooses the table(no matter what it is). We all play around with rules and trying to get high scores and then post and discuss here on this thread. Participation is optional as peoples schedules will vary. We can call it 'The Ultimate Ultra Pinball Tournament'

2 weeks later
    #536 1 year ago

This last week was all about Atari Road Runner. After Jack released FF this last week and had some elements of Road Runner design with targets near outlanes-I needed to try it for myself. This table is really fun and unique with the layout. The orbit shot is one of the best feeling orbits I have encountered. The four bank stand ups with the two messenger balls behind are really fun and an element that should be brought back into modern pinball design. Beep Beep

1 month later
    #618 1 year ago

How do you get teenage girls to play pinball? -Put on the Taylor Swift table and everyone breaks out the Iphones for selfies

Totally bussen

1 week later
    #627 12 months ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

My wife doesn't play pinball but she saw this table and I couldn't get her off it

Yes my niece and daughter love the Taylor table just for the tunes. Then my nephews like the Eminem table as well. My wifes favorite is still ABBA on the Beatles retheme table.

This last week was all about Gilligan's Island and Lethal Weapon 3 for me. Some fun games and the Lethal Weapon is fun with the 1-2-3 shots. Ok OK Ok-I kinda like the game

Loving my Ultra

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSS!

LW (resized).jpgLW (resized).jpg
    ok ok ok (resized).jpgok ok ok (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #631 11 months ago
    Quoted from texas_compadre:

and I'm impressed and then some

The way the machine is built and the features make it a really impressive package. I enjoy just scrolling through all the games trying to find what I want to play with whatever particular mood I am in. The only thing I miss is accurate post passing and nudging takes a little more effort with the size of the machine.

-Welcome to the club

1 month later
    #638 9 months ago

259120 For Liberty Bell-fun game and the outlanes are super hungry

I will raise you one and add Independence Day

So far 660,000,000

Happy 4th everyone-hope everyone is enjoying the best virtual machine ever made

1 week later
    #641 9 months ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

My best on independence day was 1,418,253,120

Nice-now I need to give it another go

Love my Ultra and playing some of these EM's I would usually not be interested in playing/owning has changed my tune. Just playing Liberty Bell and going for B E L L without those huge outlanes eating up your ball was a treat. Having all these tables to explore is great and the physics make it realistic and enjoyable.

Been playing a ton of Baywatch for some reason? Either I am in love with Pam OR it just has a badass layout?

Pam (resized).jpgPam (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #644 7 months ago

Has anyone talked to Roland lately? Was thinking about calling him to see what the new update will include and what tables were added?

2 months later
    #656 5 months ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Has anyone talked to Roland lately? Was thinking about calling him to see what the new update will include and what tables were added?

Got to talk with Roland and Tony to get the latest and greatest. Looks like 3.0 software will be available around March with updated list of tables. Also talked about 8.0 version coming next summer. I am interested in upgrading to the 8.0 and may be selling/trading my 5.0 in months to come if anyone is interested in picking one up at a discount(not interested in selling until new unit is available). Also talked about the new Vertigo with added force feedback about to be launched. For those with space issues it should be a viable alternative to experience virtual with feedback(should sell well).

-Love my Ultra

#657 5 months ago

Also forgot to mention that Rec Room is offering a promotion currently for those interested in picking up an Ultra 7.0.

$8495 and comes with promotional free topper, monitor, and beacons(pretty good).

pretty good.gifpretty good.gif
    1 month later
    #660 3 months ago

Dammit-I thought the Ultra would help me reduce my cravings for more machines and it is proving the opposite as I got addicted to some more tables recently. So now I want a Superman, Baywatch, Space Shuttle, and a Gilligan's Island.

Some great tables for the Ultra...

#662 3 months ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I'm jealous of anyone who has the time to tinker and add games. I have too many hobbies already. I just wait for the updates every year. Can't wait for the newest usually in February!

I have not touched or modded my machine since I purchased it and I have not even scratched the surface still. I will wait for the next update this summer and am in no hurry. The one table I would want is Iron Maiden but have a feeling it is like Godzilla where the virtual table does not hold a candle to the real thing because of geometry. The AFM, Monster Bash, etc. all play fantastic because of geometry of shots. Really mainly looking forward to custom tables recently released for next update.

2 weeks later
    #665 81 days ago
    Quoted from Rotorwingflight:

Yes. I’m selling mine. $5995

Bought some new ones from Roland years ago

I would take some better pictures showing the tables a little better and remove the monitor and just not mention it(really not needed much anyway). May also offer it as trade bait?

I am playing my Ultra almost daily again. This week was all about Ace of Speed. Love the Rockabilly theme and the table plays great with fantastic flow. Like the center target drop with connection to return ramp. Also like the ability to change your flippers with pressing both lower flipper buttons at once and changing to carrot flippers, etc.

1 week later
    #667 73 days ago

Who needs to buy a 13k Elton John when you can play Phil Collins version for free?

#670 70 days ago
    Quoted from JWJr:

Just joined the club

Welcome to da club

#673 64 days ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I think it is always February?

They said closer to summer time

1 week later
    #681 51 days ago
    Quoted from jmatlack:

Looking for a help little here - does anybody know what is the fire button (to fire the cannon) for AC/DC Vault Edition for my Ultra VP 5?

The fire button is either of the alternate flipper buttons next to standard flipper buttons. Don't need to press both at same time just L or R. Newer versions have button on lock bar.

#682 51 days ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

If so, does it come with all the games or is it a limited amount? How easy/hard is it to get the stern titles?

The card comes with thousands of games(around 2000). Rec Room can load the card for you and ship the machine complete. If you are tech savy you can add tables as they are introduced. Often they need to be configured correctly first. Updates come out once a year with tables added and it is a plug and play option.

I want to disclose the downsides of owning a virtual pinball machine for those considering. First of all it is not the real thing and while it comes close it will never be the same. Certain tables replicate the real thing and other tables don't even come close depending on geometry. Games like AFM and Monster Bash play just like the real thing while Godzilla and Deadpool play nothing like the real thing. So if you want to replace newer Sterns with virtual-not a good fit. Now if you want to explore thousands of games and get a taste for them-it is awesome. EM games really shine because of the simplistic layout that is easy to copy.

The other thing is virtual machines do not hold the value like a standard pinball machine. Are you ok losing thousands of dollars if you decide to sell? Lots of people are not familiar with the virtual world and the virtual pinball market is nothing like the real pinball market. If you are buying it to have fun and don't care about the money or resale-it is a lot of bang for your buck. I have seen too many people jump into the virtual world and then realize it is not for them and then they lose their shirt trying to sell a short time after. If you go in knowing it is not an investment and just for fun-you will be good.

Roland is a rock star and the reason I plunged into the virtual world. I have spent hours on the phone chatting with him and educating myself. He is a great guy and the customer service is top notch-highly recommend.

1 month later
    #684 2 days ago

This last week was all about the 1969 Gottlieb 'Airport'

What a fun unique game to play. The giant slings make game play challenging as you try and balance the ball to settle down for shots.

Games like this-is why I love my Ultra
    https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=35

Check it out if you have not already...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultra-vp-club-virtualist-welcome?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.