Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 683 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by jmatlack
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vp_IMG_0125 (resized).jpg
    2024-02-02 20.42.25 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2607 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2581 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2609 (resized).jpeg
    pretty good.gif
    IMG_0905 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    Pam (resized).jpg
    20230701_011237 (resized).jpg
    20230701_005223 (resized).jpg
    20230701_003547 (resized).jpg
    20230630_235903 (resized).jpg
    ok ok ok (resized).jpg
    LW (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 1 year ago

I played a few Virtual cabinets at TPF - they were interesting, but I didn't catch the refresh rate or resolution of the display - I had a really hard time tracking the ball; Is it safe to assume that the 120Hz refresh rates helps to deal with this? I thought the force feedback and other features were really solid

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes, more fluid motion with 120hz versus 60hz. 60hz seems fine but with how fast a digital pinball is moving on screen there appears to be a bit of a tearing / blurring affect on the ball while in motion, a 120hz display helps significantly reduce that affect.
    What did you think of the gameplay of the virtual pins you played at TPF? I know Rec Room World was there but not sure who else. Personally I'm buying an Ultra VP as a way to play pins from the pre LCD era as I'll never have the space, or funds, to get 50+ games from that time period.

I thought they were “ok” - I played TAF (both the commercial cab and the Homebrew virtual. The Homebrew one was better, but I still struggled to time my shots even to do basic stuff. It might just be an adjustment like when switching from a Stern to a Bally game, but I couldnt quite get it down.

The commercial version (the older one i guess) felt unplayable to me - to be fair, I didn’t spend too much time on it, and I don’t know which model I played - but everything felt sluggish and laggy to me.

I do quite like the idea of getting one to play older games I would never have the chance to - especially 80s SS games I am finding it super hard to find. I think I’d max out at $4k for these though - or DIY it. The video cards are crazy expensive though

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I'm not sure if that was the Ultra VP that was played, have never heard of lag and or unplayable gameplay before from owner feedback I've read. Maybe it was a different virtual cabinet.

Absolutely - I’m really not sure who the vendor was. I don’t want to imply that the games are trash or anything, but it was really hard going from a real game to the same game on the virtual. I had a real hard time tracking the ball on the playfield, and you know, maybe it just wasn’t for me. The presentation was cool though- the extra backbox monitors add a lot of pop and interest.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultra-vp-club-virtualist-welcome?tu=Rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.