Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 683 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by jmatlack
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vp_IMG_0125 (resized).jpg
    2024-02-02 20.42.25 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2607 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2581 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2609 (resized).jpeg
    pretty good.gif
    IMG_0905 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    Pam (resized).jpg
    20230701_011237 (resized).jpg
    20230701_005223 (resized).jpg
    20230701_003547 (resized).jpg
    20230630_235903 (resized).jpg
    ok ok ok (resized).jpg
    LW (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oneangrymo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 1 year ago

Still waiting for mine
    Anyone get a 6.0 yet? I want to see some gameplay footage.

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Still waiting as well, seems like the 2.0 software update is still be worked on before games shipped. Looks like the team has a 2.0 to do list posted here that is being worked on.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r4-hBe-YUs8vJApLNWTE5c32UB-XEi5_CAdzR144EF0/edit#gid=333022800

Ah gotcha! Im glad they are making sure things are good before they ship out!

#104 1 year ago

Man cant wait for my 6.0 then!

#107 1 year ago

Do you have to specificcally request real solenoids on the flippers?

#111 1 year ago

I just sent him an email I would rather have real solenoids hopefully its not too late to get them instead.

#116 1 year ago

Man Im pretty excited about this machine, games Im mostly interested in would be some old school ones like Diner, Taxi, maybe Dredd, Robocop,

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm hearing about some 6.0 games shipping, they are starting to go out.
    I've debated this entire time about cancelling my order and getting another real pin instead but have decided to move forward with getting an Ultra VP 6.0. It's the whole value thing that has been my hold up, realistically I know this thing will be worth half the value in 5-10 years. I finally realized I can't look at it that way, this purchase is an investment in fun. We buy phones, TV's, speakers, vehicles, golf club memberships, boats, and more items that don't maintain their value but there is value in the enjoyment we get out of those things. This isn't any different and I've happily accepted it. As much as I would like another physical pin I really want to play dozens of pins that I know I'll never get a chance to own.
    In anyone is also wondering about value regarding vpins check out the video below of someone building a very nice virtual pin. The video goes into detail about the cost of the build. This builder had some of the parts, got some used / discounted, and still spent $4K. The Ultra VP has more features, DOF solenoids / contactors, higher end hardware, and cost a bit more then double which I don't think is that bad considering everything works out of the box. Just as the author of the video said this is an investment in fun.

Yeah I dont plan on getting much out of the VP if I ever sell my 6.0, but Im sure its fun! I want to see some footage!

#119 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:RRW has put out a 6.0 overview video. Looks like the video was just uploaded as its only 480p currently.

Looks good to me !

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

1080p version of the 6.0 video is now available, looks much better versus the original 480p upload. Game looks great!

Only way to know further is actually get one in our hands! ANyone get a ship confirmation yet!

#128 1 year ago

Its pretty cool that he is helping sell used 5.0 units if someone wants to get 6.0 on their website.

#133 1 year ago
    Quoted from MulderItsMe:

Great news: my Ultra VP 6.0 arrived today!![quoted image]

POST VIDEO!

#145 1 year ago

Mine coming August, cant wait, need to make room now.

#147 1 year ago

The feedback so far on 6.0 owners is amazing, cant wait to actually see one in person!

#152 1 year ago

Can someone post more videos ?

#156 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'll try to post one, just recently ordered a tripod mount for my phone so can get some use out of it. Somehow almost every gameplay video of the Ultra VP on YouTube is either shot in the dark, filmed in wide angle mode (distortion), or by hand where someone can then only play one handed lol.
    My Ultra VP 6.0 is now arriving this coming Monday. The freight company somehow incorrectly loaded the game on a truck that went from Ohio, to Tennessee, to Georgia instead of going directly here in Michigan...Now it's making the journey back. I'm just hoping the game is not damaged. Do you think if the shipping crate is undamaged that it's good to just sign or would you recommend actually opening it even with no visible damage?

Tough call man. I have a video camera in the garage where most of the time my machines are dropped off. Im never home to accept delivery, and since I cant be around to sign, just in case there is damage, At least i got some video proof.

Used video last time my GOTG LE came damaged (wasnt home) the shipping company reimbursed me 2k for that damage.

But I think it should be easy to just pop the lid off and make sure before delivery guy leaves.

#159 1 year ago

Im shocked that none of the people who have received a VP 6.0 have posted any useful videos!
    I will not do the same sir! I will post as much as I can when I get it.. in 2 weeks

#161 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah there's not a lot out there, not even really a lot of great gameplay videos of the Ultra VP 5.0. The author of the video below provides some nice direct pans of the Ultra VP 5.0 screen and wow does it look nice. The part where he's looking close at the inserts in the middle of Indy looks really good.
    I think the key to recording the Ultra VP is filming with the lights on as otherwise there's often a strong glow from the screen in the dark, filming head on, and not using an wide angle / ultra wide angle modes which can create a distorted look.

This is the best video i have seen so far.

#163 1 year ago

Man awesome! Please post more when you get it going!

I wish you were closer I would just come over after work

A good day to take Monday off!

Nice decals!

#169 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks! This game is damn heavy, even without the head on it seems almost as heavy as a full Stern. I had to take the back box off to get it into my basement which I could barely myself to position it on the Escalera.
    The Ultra VP is downstairs now, thank goodness. Had my traditional celebratory beer after getting it and myself downstairs in one piece lol. Overall cabinet construction continues to look good. There’s some nice finishing details on the cabinet such as rubber stop on the bottom and a couple longer ones on the back. Will post another update once I get it up and running (may not be until tomorrow).

Just curious is it slightly movable on the pallet with that foam? Did you get it off the pallet yourself? Im trying to figure out how to get it off,either follow rolands instructions on the video, or slide it off so the rear end touches the ground, then lift it up. Also did yours come with a strap around the body and the head to keep it together folded?
    Thanks man

#174 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So I got everything finally up and running with the Ultra VP 6.0. It is pretty damn cool and I'll be sharing more thoughts soon. However, I currently have a hardware issue with that being the new 120hz display flickering every second or two (even after the Ultra VP does the soft shutdown with no signal) and also several stuck / dead pixels. I called Roland who immediately answered. He said I'm one of two people with this issue and the other was an Ultra VP 5.0 owner which uses a 60hz panel. Roland believes the issue is driver board related, while new driver boards may fix the flickering it won't fix stuck / dead pixels. I'm now asking to have a new 120hz replacement display shipped. Roland mentioned he's hesitant to ship these as FedEx has damaged some, I suggested to use UPS instead which likely won't be much more as I'm just a few hours north in Michigan. Worse case he said I can drive down and pickup a replacement panel, rather avoid but will do it. I'm bummed but stuff happens so trying to look at that way and just play it in the meantime.

Man that sucks sorry to hear that, maybe got damaged/bumped during shipping since yours took an extended route. I read that shipping can cause dead pixels.

#177 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah I agree but I seem stuck. Roland said today he’s had issues with both FedEx and UPS shipping the displays. I don’t understand as have had TV’s shipped before without issue. Then again the displays he’s shipping are in wood crates versus large padded boxes. It sucks but I’m going to head down there this weekend or Monday to get it. He would ship out the replacement driver boards for free but with a few stuck / dead pixels I would prefer a new display, especially with how much this thing costs.

So you have to go all the way there and get it? Thats not fair. Man I hope I dont have that issue, I dont have time to drive 8 hours to pick up a display that is defective.

#180 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I’m with ya, it’s BS and I shouldn’t have to make the drive. Anything you think I can propose? Maybe ask for a refund of the original shipping cost for the hassle or something.

I dont know man, thats kind of crap. I hope this new and updated 120hz display which is supposedly industrial strength doesn't come back and nip us on the butt (like it did you). Sounds like we are all screwed if something happens to it and needs to be replaced.

#192 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Found the reason why that the display is flickering on my Ultra VP 6.0. I noticed a capacitor rolling around in the cabinet, didn't look blown or anything and possibly just an extra part. I took off the middle back metal cover on the TV once more and sure enough there was a spot where the capacitor would have been on one of the boards. Who knows maybe just by shipping it came loose. I could attempt to resolder it but with a few dead pixels on the screen (who knows if the capacitor not being there caused those and or other damage) I'm still going to drive down to RRW tomorrow and get the replacement display.

Good luck man hopefully it’ll quick and easy. A friend I referred to Roland already got his machine sent me a lot of videos looks awesome ! Can’t wait to get mine

#194 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Found the reason why that the display is flickering on my Ultra VP 6.0. I noticed a capacitor rolling around in the cabinet, didn't look blown or anything and possibly just an extra part. I took off the middle back metal cover on the TV once more and sure enough there was a spot where the capacitor would have been on one of the boards. Who knows maybe just by shipping it came loose. I could attempt to resolder it but with a few dead pixels on the screen (who knows if the capacitor not being there caused those and or other damage) I'm still going to drive down to RRW tomorrow and get the replacement display.

how did it go?

#196 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

After a roughly 8 hour round trip I have a properly working 120hz display on my Ultra VP 6.0. Got it home late last night, installed it, and everything is good!
    Will try to post some gameplay videos when I can. Roland is out on vacation this week so I met one of his coworkers to get the display. I’ll likely be emailing Roland today and requesting at least a partial refund of the original shipping cost for having to make the trip.
    [quoted image]

I mean this picture looks like a real playfield, man I cant wait to see one in person! I cant sleep anymore wondering when I may actually play one!

But.. i dont see a cliffy on the fester shot or the swamp kick out

#199 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol, yeah I need to order my virtual Cliffy's. The Addams Family table on there is great and has a nice 3D affect. Some tables have that 3D affect better then others and the tilt / height of the table can definitely impact that as well.
    A couple things I did do to my Ultra VP 6.0 cabinet.
    1. Cut back cabinet decals at corners Stern / JJP style. I installed metal cabinet leg protectors and then felt protectors between those and the legs. Maybe overkill but some owners did report cabinet wrinkling around the legs after so many months of ownership.
    2. Mylar around the inside corners of the lockdown bar and top edges of front cabinet corners. This will help protect the edges of decals which I noticed have the potential to be scratched by the lockdown bar.

do you think cutting the decal is necessary? I have metal leg protectors ready to go and some felt protectors, can I just put the metal protector on top of the decal?

#201 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You can definitely try it that way, worst case the decal should then only wrinkle around the metal leg protector which can then always be cut. It was a bit of a pain and time consuming to cut the decals at the corners. The cabinet decals seem thicker then what I've seen Stern and JJP use.
    Here’s how I did the corners I mine.
    [quoted image]

wow beautiful

#204 1 year ago
    Quoted from roar:

From everything I've ever read and my own experience with felt... don't use felt or plastic protectors, the metal protectors pictured are what you want to use. I put felt on my VP and the pressure of the very heavy pin against the legs made a mess of the decals and the felt.

so you recommend just the metal protectors and thats it? How about cutting the decal did you do that or just put it on top
    thanks

#207 1 year ago

Im not very good at cutting stuff, Ill probably just end up cutting the whole decal off the cabinet. Ill suffer with the couple wrinkles I guess.

#214 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here’s a couple 6.0 gameplay videos. All monitor and any display settings are stock.

Wow that looks like really really good.

So whats your opinion so far?

#216 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Overall I say the Ultra VP has been a great purchase. It's not a replacement for your favorite physical pins but as others have said it definitely scratches that itch of playing tables you once owned (but don't want to buy again), tables you want to play (but don't want to buy), and the ability to play original tables created just for virtual pinball. Take Austin Powers for example, it's definitely not a game I want to buy lol but it's been fun being able to load it up in 10 seconds and play a game or two every once in a while. Getaway's another example for me, I owned the game, would like to own one again but don't have the space for it. Having the ability to load that table up quickly for a few games is very cool. Then take of both of those examples x50 other tables and you will start thinking "ok, this is pretty damn cool".
    All of the DOF + SSF devices on the Ultra VP do a great job of simulating real world sounds, the Ultra VP is loaded with them. After a week of ownership I've realized that not all virtual pinball tables are created the same. Pretty much all take advantage of the DOF devices in terms of solenoids / contactors activating for pop bumpers, slings, and flippers. However, not all fully leverage the SSF devices (the transducers facing the cabinet for example) and some of the DOF devices (gear and shaker motor). Some tables take advantage of SSF better then others, just depends on how the table was written / configured. There's a fairly large number of tables that pull off SSF and DOF well, it's just definitely not all but that's ok as new / updates tables are coming out all the time.
    The one thing that was bothering me is how dark some of the VPW tables are, probably half of them. VPW tables are considered among the best designed tables in the virtual pinball community so I really wanted to play those often (there's a VPW category now with version 2.0 of the software). From what I've read this is just the way VPW tables are configured by default. Last night I docked my cloned drive to my PC (using the dock / cloner device) and started adjusting the brightness on several VPW tables. It's very easy to do, simple as adjusting for brightness, and now the tables look great! If you do this I recommend first making copies (save them off to another drive / folder on your PC) of the tables you want to alter incase something get's messed up.

Thanks for the info! I hope to get my machine in this life time!

2 weeks later
    #228 1 year ago

Well I got my vp and setup it last night . Tightened the legs too hard so got significant leg wrinkling. Will work on it today to smooth it out , don’t over tighten!

So far , not sure , it’s just completely different then a real machine . I have 30 plus mechanical machines ... Physics of vp are completely different . I want the ball to go here , it goes there …

Some games are better then others. I don’t see myself selling any of my real games to minimize my collection because of the vp . I can use it as an adjunct but not a replacement

#236 1 year ago

This leg wrinkling thing is kind of dumb . For a 10k machine I shouldn’t have to deal with this

Trying to fix it now I have some small rips great

#238 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Roland is considering trimming them before they leave the warehouse and is now aware of the issue. For a plug and play machine with 1500 tables I think 10k is a bargain with the build quality and platform provided-especially if your only issue is slight wrinkling in the cabinet decals. -Heck my Transformers LE is still wrinkled

I cut them and just put metal protectors still wrinkling, I give up . At some point may just need to remove the decals entirely it looks dumb

but you are right the rest of the machine is solid, this is the only issue I have. Initially, I was really disappointed with VP, I mean I have 30 real machines. But Ive been playing it more and more and Im actually really liking it

So besides the decals, I think this was a good purchase.

#240 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

They should not wrinkle if the decals are cut beyond the legs contacting the cabinet. My thought was to cut them down a 1/4 inch beyond legs and then plastic protectors on top? It does suck and hopefully you find a solution.

Good idea I will try that

The more I play the more I realize the tech and cool effects this machine has, from shaker motor, geer motor, hell even the ramps making noises. Pretty neat so far.

Panzerfreak, do your decals wrinkle or is your solution working?

#241 1 year ago

Man it even makes sounds when the balls hit each other I think I’m liking this

1 week later
    #245 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Good idea I will try that
    The more I play the more I realize the tech and cool effects this machine has, from shaker motor, geer motor, hell even the ramps making noises. Pretty neat so far.
    Panzerfreak, do your decals wrinkle or is your solution working?

Nevermind plastic protectors worked well for me and minimized the wrinkles

#247 1 year ago

Guys Im a little confused about the physics. Some games are better then other, but Im actually wondering if it has to do with being a wide body or not? Like if its a standard game on a wide body, i think the physics become a little bit off? Anyone else notice that?

2 weeks later
    #264 1 year ago

The more I have spent time with this machine the more I realize how much of a good purchase it was. Some games the physics are off just a tiny tiny bit, but I think with future updates, this thing could easily be a replacement for some of my games. Simply being able to turn it on, play some medieval madness, switch out and go to Tron (which has great music and videos I must say) is simply awesome. Some of my other favorites so far : attack from mars, Taxi, Diner, Addams family.. i never had a chance to play big bang bar until now, simply awesome. And all the little features it has like gear motor, shaker motor, the flashers, sirens, it just makes it feel that more enjoyable.
    Highly recommend this machine.

#268 1 year ago

its actually really weird going from virtual back to a real machine after only playing virtual for a few weeks. the real machine feels weird now, like too much 3d. And like what is what that big metal ball making so much noise and ruckus.

3 weeks later
    #280 1 year ago

yeah its definitely pretty cool hearing the coins drop in, hearing the ball drop when it reaches the end of the shooter lane, make noises when it goes up and down ramps, and in some games across the playfield.
    pretty damn cool.
    Makes it feel pretty realistic.
    I may eventually replace the solenoids at some point if I have the energy and strength, that would be the only thing I can think of to do to make it one step closer to a real machine.

Im going to say it again I love these PUP packages. Monster bash and Tron so far are just awesome.

can anyone here tell me step by step how to install new pup packs on the VP 6.0? I have seen some videos but still confused. I want to install that bond one

#282 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Wrong.
    My HP Reverb G2 has zero screendoor effect. With a resolution of 2160 x 2160 per eye, it is beyond 4K. It's also a comfortable headset with good audio. For single player VR rocks! I also find VP to be lacking in graphics. Way behind FX3. But that's just my opinion. If you dig it, all the power to you. I have 9 real pins for multiplayer. A VR setup will add a unique experience for my pinhead gatherings. Nobody I know has experienced it yet.
    As far as weight and room for DOF and SSF, all you have to do is build the stubbycab larger. Less than have the length of a real cab will suffice and you can add all the weight you want. Those early ultra thin pinsim designs were just stupid.

Is HP REverb G2 better than Oculus Quest 2?

#284 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hell yes! And the price has dropped to 400.00 USD. You will spend this much or more on a Quest 2 by the time you upgrade the pathetic head strap and buy the link cable. Also, FaceBook will watch you. Fuck Face Book!

Ok Im going to get it and try it, does it require a PC?

Should I get this 2022 v 2?

#295 1 year ago
    Quoted from AMartin56:Just placed an order for the 6.0. Going with Theater of Magic for the art. I've always loved that pin and should of bought one when I first saw one in 2010 or so for $4k (LoL).
    The wrinkling art bothers me because I really love the look of ToM. I'm going to add gold plastic leg protectors. I wouldn't mind cutting the art as long as it's within what the protectors will cover. Has anyone tried adding a few metal washers to elevate the legs and protectors off the cab? Like inward to outward: cabinet...washer or two... protector...then leg? It seems like it would eliminate the possibility of wrinkles with cut art and a small gap between the protector and cabinet shouldn't be noticable.

I think no matter what u do u wil get wrinkling unless they change their decal manufacturer

2 weeks later
    #314 1 year ago

I’m still waiting for email about 2.5 request

2 weeks later
    #326 1 year ago

someone please tell me how to install my own games on VP 6.0? I want to download IT and a few others.
    I have seen the videos, but they still arent clear, I need someone with VP experience to tell me step by step, please post!

#329 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

Just to let you know you aren't alone. There is no way I can accomplish everything I watched in those videos successfully. I'm happy to pay someone else to do this particular function.
    I think PanzerFreak did a step by step a page ago.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultra-vp-club-virtualist-welcome/page/6#post-7193842
    I'm waiting on my versiom 2.5 hard drive from Rec Room World. Still nothing. Anyone receive their updated 2.5 software yet??
    r/
    Mike

Thanks man ! I must have missed his post and got a game to work! It’s not that hard ! Can’t wait to install more !

#335 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks man ! I must have missed his post and got a game to work! It’s not that hard ! Can’t wait to install more !

Actually that didnt work either. I took the files and placed it in the "tables" folder. And then rebooted the machine. It didnt do anything, am I missin a step?
    Thanks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oneangrymo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultra-vp-club-virtualist-welcome?tu=Oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.