Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 684 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by pinmister
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vp_IMG_0125 (resized).jpg
    2024-02-02 20.42.25 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2607 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2581 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2609 (resized).jpeg
    pretty good.gif
    IMG_0905 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    Pam (resized).jpg
    20230701_011237 (resized).jpg
    20230701_005223 (resized).jpg
    20230701_003547 (resized).jpg
    20230630_235903 (resized).jpg
    ok ok ok (resized).jpg
    LW (resized).jpg
    There are 684 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.
    #301 1 year ago
    Quoted from AMartin56:

Also...did you buy the hidden protectors from Mantis or the ones sold individually?

I bought the Mantis hidden leg protectors for $52, as a set of 4. Nothing else was needed.

#302 1 year ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

I bought the Mantis hidden leg protectors for $52, as a set of 4. Nothing else was needed.

Thank you!

#303 1 year ago
    Quoted from AMartin56:I wouldn't mind cutting the art as long as it's within what the protectors will cover. Has anyone tried adding a few metal washers to elevate the legs and protectors off the cab? Like inward to outward: cabinet...washer or two... protector...then leg? It seems like it would eliminate the possibility of wrinkles with cut art and a small gap between the protector and cabinet shouldn't be noticable.

All you need is to install these (can purchase from multiple sources) and take a razor and score the decal along the edges of these after installed, then put your legs back on and it’s all hidden & done.
    When I got my 5.0 earlier this year I mentioned to Roland that they also should reduce the decal template to allow for at least 1/8 to 1/4in stop before the bottom of the cabinet - like Stern & JJP do. Because just trying to move the cab with your hands or reaching under (to soft reset) and brushing the edges when pulling your arm up can wrinkle it because they go all the way to the edge.

https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html

1 week later
    #304 1 year ago

Roland is fantastic to talk to. Good human. Was there yesterday picking up my game. He has some older stock for sale as seen in one of these videos.
    2.5 software is out. It dropped yesterday. 3 video links for you to watch if you like.

Holiday special. I think it ends today or tomorrow.

Explaining new software version and options.

New 2.5 announcement and overview.

r/
    Mike

#305 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

Roland is fantastic to talk to. Good human

Roland is one of the main reasons I pulled the trigger on the Ultra-very good salesman and a straight shooter. I think I have some of those newer tables on my 2.0 software? I do not have the arcade menu or option but honestly I would not be interested. Plugging in a controller and playing on a horizontal screen does not sound entertaining. To me the virtual pinball machine should be used to play pinball. I already have a couple dedicated MAME machines to play arcade games-so I will probably wait for 3.0 version that has more new pinball tables to be added.

Mike congrats on your Ultra and welcome to the club

I have been playing my Ultra everyday and still have not scratched the surface. This week has been all about the Stranger Things table. This table really shines and gives you the one more game feeling. The layout, video clips, sounds, and music all synch. Hitting the start button over and over and really enjoying the paired music choices-fantastic soundtrack. This one is going to my favorites category...

#306 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Mike congrats on your Ultra and welcome to the club

Thank you.
    r/
    Mike

#307 1 year ago

2.5 software update is out! Did anyone else open a ticket for the new 2.5 software and receive a download link? I opened one a couple days ago but haven't heard anything yet.

#308 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

2.5 software update is out! Did anyone else open a ticket for the new 2.5 software and receive a download link? I opened one a couple days ago but haven't heard anything yet.

I opened one on Monday night when I got home from Roland's place. I, also, am still waiting for a reply. I'll give it until the end of the week....and then I'll wait some more. ha.
    r/
    Mike

#309 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

I opened one on Monday night when I got home from Roland's place. I, also, am still waiting for a reply. I'll give it until the end of the week....and then I'll wait some more. ha.
    r/
    Mike

UPDATE: PanzerFreak I received my confirmation and invoice today on the new software/additional ssd. Hopefully you received an email by now.
    r/
    Mike

#310 1 year ago
    20221118_072733 (resized).jpg20221118_072733 (resized).jpg20221118_150558 (resized).jpg20221118_150558 (resized).jpg20221118_150625 (resized).jpg20221118_150625 (resized).jpg20221118_151117 (resized).jpg20221118_151117 (resized).jpg20221118_151210 (resized).jpg20221118_151210 (resized).jpg20221118_151429 (resized).jpg20221118_151429 (resized).jpg20221118_151928 (resized).jpg20221118_151928 (resized).jpg
    #311 1 year ago

Top Gun! Please show a pic of the entire cab.

#312 1 year ago
    Quoted from sotie:

Top Gun! Please show a pic of the entire cab.

it looks like this one exactly.

Screenshot_20220923-052935_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220923-052935_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220923-052949_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220923-052949_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #313 1 year ago

Nice job Mike-I need to do the fix to mine still

Like the Top Gun graphics(especially with beacons)

I have not used the Jukebox feature yet(need to check it out more). The sound system is actually really decent for the Ultra. When you guys get 2.5 downloaded-let us know your thoughts

#314 1 year ago

I’m still waiting for email about 2.5 request

#315 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Nice job Mike-I need to do the fix to mine still
    Like the Top Gun graphics(especially with beacons)
    I have not used the Jukebox feature yet(need to check it out more). The sound system is actually really decent for the Ultra. When you guys get 2.5 downloaded-let us know your thoughts

The credit for the leg protection and art removal goes to everyone here identifying the issue. Thank you all.
    The protectors are on thingiverse.
    Jukebox is really cool. I tried some songs and audio is very decent.
    I got my confirmation on the 2.5. I chose another actual hdd. I'll clone the one in the game currently when it arrives. I'll report back for sure.
    r/
    Mike

#316 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

UPDATE: PanzerFreak I received my confirmation and invoice today on the new software/additional ssd. Hopefully you received an email by now.
    r/
    Mike

Nice! Nothing yet here. When did you submit the ticket? I submitted a ticket on Tuesday 11/15.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I’m still waiting for email about 2.5 request

Same here

#317 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nice! Nothing yet here. When did you submit the ticket? I submitted a ticket on Tuesday 11/15.

Same here

Tuesday evening.

edit. Monday evening. I opened it late Monday night.
    r/
    Mike

#318 1 year ago

duplicate.

#319 1 year ago

I'm late to the game,putting my request in now. I can't believe there were imprivements to some games like Cactus Canyon and Ghost Busters. Those were already the best tables I would put on to show people the realism. Must be pretty special.

#320 1 year ago

This game is really well done. The "continued" version of cactus canyon.

20221127_093845 (resized).jpg20221127_093845 (resized).jpg

The whole VP 6.0 is incredible. If you're on the fence you won't be disappointed. In my personal case this easily takes the place of conventional. My hands have lost dexterity and seem to be getting worse so it's near impossible to work on the games anymore without constantly dropping everything. Trying to do simple things like grabbing small stuff is frustrating beyond description.
    So, for me, this will replace my normal games. The selection is ridiculous. I really like the old games. Lights and sounds is what I'm after. The sound system on this is well above adequate.
    I could go on why this is a good fit for me.
    Well worth it for multiple reasons. Mental health is at the top of this list.
    r/
    Mike

#321 1 year ago

Cyber Monday sale. $500 off today on a new machine!
    https://www.recroomworld.com/index.html

#322 1 year ago

Have I mentioned -I love my Ultra? Seriously playing it everyday

This last week we had a fun Thanksgiving challenge with the 1979 Atari Superman table. A simple objective was laid out-spell Superman(fun challenge with tons of risk/reward shots)

Good times

#323 1 year ago

Ok, serious question: how many tables does it ship with? Specifically, how many Williams/Bally and Stern tables. My wife and I have had a deposit on Stern Elvira for over a year now, and all this talk of raising the price again and further delays has us looking at other options. I'm in love with Godzilla and she really loves EHOH, so we're hoping this has both of those. If not, is there a way to get them on here?

Thanks in advance. The system looks sick.

#324 1 year ago

You are not going to get any brand new Stern Games. Iron Maiden (not yet released) and Guardians of the Galaxy, which was just released will be the latest Stern options. I would think you would need to download and set those up yourself. Not that difficult.

Not an Ultra owner…but just finished a build from scratch. Please take that into account.

#325 1 year ago
    Quoted from matt68061:

You are not going to get any brand new Stern Games. Iron Maiden (not yet released) and Guardians of the Galaxy, which was just released will be the latest Stern options. I would think you would need to download and set those up yourself. Not that difficult.
    Not an Ultra owner…but just finished a build from scratch. Please take that into account.

Ah, ok. Thank you. That's too bad. Still seems like a great option, but all the other tables we're interested in, we're already playing on Pinball FX.

#326 1 year ago

someone please tell me how to install my own games on VP 6.0? I want to download IT and a few others.
    I have seen the videos, but they still arent clear, I need someone with VP experience to tell me step by step, please post!

#327 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

someone please tell me how to install my own games on VP 6.0? I want to download IT and a few others.
    I have seen the videos, but they still arent clear, I need someone with VP experience to tell me step by step, please post!

Just to let you know you aren't alone. There is no way I can accomplish everything I watched in those videos successfully. I'm happy to pay someone else to do this particular function.
    I think PanzerFreak did a step by step a page ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultra-vp-club-virtualist-welcome/page/6#post-7193842

I'm waiting on my versiom 2.5 hard drive from Rec Room World. Still nothing. Anyone receive their updated 2.5 software yet??
    r/
    Mike

#328 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ruenin:

Ok, serious question: how many tables does it ship with? Specifically, how many Williams/Bally and Stern tables. My wife and I have had a deposit on Stern Elvira for over a year now, and all this talk of raising the price again and further delays has us looking at other options. I'm in love with Godzilla and she really loves EHOH, so we're hoping this has both of those. If not, is there a way to get them on here?
    Thanks in advance. The system looks sick.

The games you mentioned are on there.
    3 Elviras, 2 Godzillas and also Godzilla that's named Friday the 13th and the new Breaking Bad that is not on 2.0 software but is available. They are all Godzilla Pro.
    Iron Maiden is on there x3. The newer stern one is a Pro model and is named some Irish Game but it's Iron Maiden pro layout.
    Guardians of the Galaxy is on there more than once as well. The new one.
    There's a crapload of Bally Williams Stern Gottlieb Zaccaria etc...No way to tell you how many. Loads of old tables. Do a rec room world search on YouTube for some videos of this specific Ultra VP 6.0. Theres a guy who did a lengthy review as well thats decent and also check out the World of Virtual Pinball channel. Lots of videos showing different games.
    And yes you can clone a drive and add whatever version you find. I have no idea how personally but mainly cause I can't comprehend it.
    Call Roland at Rec Room World and he can answer specifics as well.
    Best wishes.
    r/
    Mike

edit: here a pic of that newer iron maiden replica

20221203_124948 (resized).jpg20221203_124948 (resized).jpg
    #329 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

Just to let you know you aren't alone. There is no way I can accomplish everything I watched in those videos successfully. I'm happy to pay someone else to do this particular function.
    I think PanzerFreak did a step by step a page ago.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultra-vp-club-virtualist-welcome/page/6#post-7193842
    I'm waiting on my versiom 2.5 hard drive from Rec Room World. Still nothing. Anyone receive their updated 2.5 software yet??
    r/
    Mike

Thanks man ! I must have missed his post and got a game to work! It’s not that hard ! Can’t wait to install more !

#330 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

The games you mentioned are on there.
    3 Elviras, 2 Godzillas and also Godzilla that's named Friday the 13th and the new Breaking Bad that is not on 2.0 software but is available. They are all Godzilla Pro.
    Iron Maiden is on there x3. The newer stern one is a Pro model and is named some Irish Game but it's Iron Maiden pro layout.
    Guardians of the Galaxy is on there more than once as well. The new one.
    There's a crapload of Bally Williams Stern Gottlieb Zaccaria etc...No way to tell you how many. Loads of old tables. Do a rec room world search on YouTube for some videos of this specific Ultra VP 6.0. Theres a guy who did a lengthy review as well thats decent and also check out the World of Virtual Pinball channel. Lots of videos showing different games.
    And yes you can clone a drive and add whatever version you find. I have no idea how personally but mainly cause I can't comprehend it.
    Call Roland at Rec Room World and he can answer specifics as well.
    Best wishes.
    r/
    Mike
    edit: here a pic of that newer iron maiden replica
    [quoted image]

Would you mind telling me if the Godzilla and Elvira machines you mentioned are actual machines or virtual only? What I want is the EHOH and the new Godzilla machine, not reskins or original VP tables. If those are in there, that would seal the deal and we'd order one.

Also, can you, or anyone, tell me how the tables get loaded? I built a Retropie cab and obviously, I don't own all the machines on there but I do have the ROMs. So how does that work for the VP Ultra? Does it come preloaded? Do I have to do it all myself? If it comes preloaded, is it just Pinball FX stuff? I just want to order this thing and have it ready to go as soon as I plug it in.

#331 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ruenin:

Would you mind telling me if the Godzilla and Elvira machines you mentioned are actual machines or virtual only? What I want is the EHOH and the new Godzilla machine, not reskins or original VP tables. If those are in there, that would seal the deal and we'd order one.
    Also, can you, or anyone, tell me how the tables get loaded? I built a Retropie cab and obviously, I don't own all the machines on there but I do have the ROMs. So how does that work for the VP Ultra? Does it come preloaded? Do I have to do it all myself? If it comes preloaded, is it just Pinball FX stuff? I just want to order this thing and have it ready to go as soon as I plug it in.

I don't really understand your first question here. All of the games are virtual on a virtual pinball machine. I'll take a pic of what I see on my machine and post it up here in the morning.
    Games are loaded on a hard drive that you purchase when buying the machine.
    The machine is plug and play. You aren't loading anything. That choice is offered though as well.

Read this in its entirety, it will help explain a bunch better than I can.
    https://www.recroomworld.com/UltraVP_Info.html

r/
    Mike

#332 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

I don't really understand your first question here. All of the games are virtual on a virtual pinball machine. I'll take a pic of what I see on my machine and post it up here in the morning.
    Games are loaded on a hard drive that you purchase when buying the machine.
    The machine is plug and play. You aren't loading anything. That choice is offered though as well.
    Read this in its entirety, it will help explain a bunch better than I can.
    https://www.recroomworld.com/UltraVP_Info.html
    r/
    Mike

Sorry, what I meant was I want to know if they're recreations of actual, real world machines (like the Williams collection of Pinball FX) or video pinball only (like the Pinball FX super-floaty physics garbage).

#333 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ruenin:

Sorry, what I meant was I want to know if they're recreations of actual, real world machines (like the Williams collection of Pinball FX) or video pinball only (like the Pinball FX super-floaty physics garbage).

Someone already explained the real tables are there, just hidden. From what I've heard the people making tables are worried about stern and jjp coming after them. Jjp hates any of their tables being remade. Stern doesn't seem to care after they've lost the license.

Having said that a lot of tables are good approximations, not completely accurate to the real life tables.

#334 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ruenin:

20221206_044917 (resized).jpg20221206_044917 (resized).jpg20221206_044920 (resized).jpg20221206_044920 (resized).jpg20221206_045018 (resized).jpg20221206_045018 (resized).jpg20221206_045023 (resized).jpg20221206_045023 (resized).jpg
    #335 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks man ! I must have missed his post and got a game to work! It’s not that hard ! Can’t wait to install more !

Actually that didnt work either. I took the files and placed it in the "tables" folder. And then rebooted the machine. It didnt do anything, am I missin a step?
    Thanks

#336 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Actually that didnt work either. I took the files and placed it in the "tables" folder. And then rebooted the machine. It didnt do anything, am I missin a step?
    Thanks

I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to find 600gb to download? Yikes.

#337 1 year ago

Question for people with toppers?
    I didn't get one with mine but heard they are around $260? Maybe its inflation or shipping but its now $400!
    What do you think? Is it worth $400? I could care less about the police lights but the extra screen looked pretty cool. Would you pay that for it?

#338 1 year ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to find 600gb to download? Yikes.

Have you received your 2.5 software upgrade? It's been 21 days since I purchased the version 2.5 hdd and no word on my hard drive as of yet.
    No update, nothing. Reached out to Roland late November and was basically told he had nothing to do with it which didn't sit well with me. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has the new software upgrade yet?

Also, I have the topper and beacons. They are interactive with a bunch of games. I definitely notice them when the strobes flash on the topper as part of a game feature but I don't pay much attention to the videos that play during game play. I have watched the screen play stuff while I wasn't playing though because there's a bunch of games with movie clips and whatnot.
    I added it for $295 during the order process because I wanted the best version available. I'm not 100% positive I would've added it for $400 but after seeing it function with the beacons and strobe I'm glad it's there. I'm not much help here but it's definitely a nice feature that completes the game for me. I think it should be included in the price tag if I'm honest. Have you called Roland and asked if he'll discount one for you or if he has a used one he can sell you?

Looking on the site the price is almost double to add both after purchase. yikes. Seems maybe some wiggle room on price. Could be worth a call to ask if he's gonna have a Christmas sale.

best wishes
    r/
    Mike

20221207_070403 (resized).jpg20221207_070403 (resized).jpg20221207_070830 (resized).jpg20221207_070830 (resized).jpg20221207_071557 (resized).jpg20221207_071557 (resized).jpg20221207_072040 (resized).jpg20221207_072040 (resized).jpg20221207_072104 (resized).jpg20221207_072104 (resized).jpg20221207_072216 (resized).jpg20221207_072216 (resized).jpg20221207_072254 (resized).jpg20221207_072254 (resized).jpg
    #339 1 year ago

Thanks Mike, maybe I will hold off.
    Not sure why you have a problem,I opened a ticket and then got a number to talk to Tony. Downloading the update tomorrow.

#340 1 year ago

Quick question:

How long did it take to get used to playing on a 27" wide cabinet? I'm concerned my wife will have a problem with that.

#341 1 year ago

This game was in my bank for qualifying, PAPA Pittsburgh 2011, and it destroyed me. Not today, Davy Jones! Not today!

20221213_074519 (resized).jpg20221213_074519 (resized).jpg

#342 1 year ago

One of the best tables is The Simpsons table with the recessed playfield. The look really adds to the 3D and I wish more tables utilized this feature(especially with side blades to enhance). Also the AFM tables are all really well done-the physics are all there and a table that shines on Ultra. Wondering what it looks like in person with the 3D glasses on in stereoscopic mode?

#343 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

One of the best tables is The Simpsons table with the recessed playfield. The look really adds to the 3D and I wish more tables utilized this feature(especially with side blades to enhance). Also the AFM tables are all really well done-the physics are all there and a table that shines on Ultra. Wondering what it looks like in person with the 3D glasses on in stereoscopic mode?

Does that mean you have the 2.5 software update? I've heard nothing and it's 2 days shy of a month since I ordered and paid and address verified.
    Crickets. Roland, if you're seeing this...please reach out and give us an update.

r/
    Mike

#344 1 year ago

Well, Stern went and raised the price of EHOH to $10,499, so we canceled our pre-order. What a shame, but we refuse to pay extra for bad business practices.

So now we're looking at getting this VP machine instead.

#345 1 year ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Quick question:
    How long did it take to get used to playing on a 27" wide cabinet? I'm concerned my wife will have a problem with that.

Unless she has a physical limitation I don't see any reasons she wouldn't adjust in about 30 seconds. The only thing that was a little more challenging was a game that required reverse flipper technique, where you cross your arms. The wider cabinet made it a little tougher.
    Personally I felt no noticeable adjustment issue the very first game I played. It felt normal to me , even though it's a couple inches wider.
    Going back to conventional pinball was whacky though. The playfield looked incredibly 3d, if that even makes sense, and small. Looked like everything was a million miles away.
    Honestly, I don't play my conventional pins with any regularity and they sometimes remain off for a month or more. I've played virtual pinball every day since I got it.
    r/
    Mike

#346 1 year ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Quick question:

It took me 2 weeks if that. At first I noticed it and then after a few weeks it went away. I can't tell a difference now switching back and forth between real pinball and virtual. Also some people and myself when first playing thought the flippers can feel a little spongy? That went away after about 20 games. Your first 20 games there is a slight acclimation till you get used to how it plays.

#347 1 year ago

I just updated to 2.5 yesterday. Incredibly easy with videos to guide you the whole way through it. I don't use PC's so it is dumbed down for people like me to find certain option windows. The worst part is waiting 4 days or more for it to download onto my ssd.
    I finally got a chance to play Blood Machines, as people have said its very cool!

#348 1 year ago

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to order after the 1st of the year. I'm currently going thru the list of options including the pros/cons of flipper solenoids.

#349 1 year ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to order after the 1st of the year. I'm currently going thru the list of options including the pros/cons of flipper solenoids.

I've had my machine for about 21 days now. It hasn't been a perfect experience by any means but Tony seems to be doing his best. Mine has contractors and I'd say they are sufficient. I think it would be a bit obnoxious with solenoids because of course the flippers are firing constantly. Roland has a video on YouTube demonstrating the differences.

#350 1 year ago

I don't know if 550 million is a good score on Medieval Madness but at one point during the game it shut down and said I was King Of All The Lands.

My ultra vp clock is 12 hours off on the game, I just noticed. Game happened this morning.
    20221223_070013 (resized).jpg20221223_070013 (resized).jpg

There are 684 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultra-vp-club-virtualist-welcome/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.