Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 270 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by PanzerFreak
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B0B251EC-4FE6-4FB3-A6D1-27BD1A167398 (resized).jpeg
    DOF Config Monster Bash (resized).png
    20220811_004735 (resized).jpg
    20220811_010057 (resized).jpg
    3BAB8F9E-13F7-4D74-86D5-B18A9FA29299 (resized).jpeg
    F8C25B66-23FD-462F-8559-BDBA55F303BF (resized).jpeg
    A23EFBA0-E808-49AB-9AA8-A380E152CC04 (resized).jpeg
    CD183AF2-BDA4-4DF5-B826-5BDDE639D301 (resized).jpeg
    20220802_174906 (resized).jpg
    B0438DAB-CDE5-469F-A355-7D995E5D49A3 (resized).jpeg
    0D77E225-5578-419A-9441-68E4D2F7AEB1 (resized).jpeg
    3A76B897-4420-4CD9-9395-DF80AE71F862 (resized).jpeg
    2CF46CFB-62B8-4B69-BC70-37DB964DA56B (resized).jpeg
    63B6A35B-B846-4CD9-991E-C851D97951B9 (resized).jpeg
    4CE72171-6171-4B57-88DE-E2302FB1AD33 (resized).jpeg
    D6919CC9-AE4B-4E3A-AE91-F2316373325A (resized).jpeg

There are 270 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 14 days ago
    Quoted from brannonrad:

I posted on the Ultra VP Fans facebook page how to do this, I'm repeating it here for you.
    [quoted image]

Oh wow that’s great thanks! I will have to familiarize myself with it then have a long list of tables in my favorites that I’ll have to work through, I’ve been waiting for the new software build before I start customizing pov on a bunch of tables so I guess I’ll figure out this at the same time. I just can’t understand why the dof is defaulted to do this when otherwise there’s so much attention to detail in these tables replicating the real thing, very glad you found a solution.

#252 14 days ago

Thanks! As for defaulting standup targets as solenoids on all(?) tables, I agree it is totally wrong and I also ask why did they do that?! A couple of possible reasons for this come to mind - perhaps they only know visual pinball and don't realize it isn't like that on real tables, or perhaps their solenoid DOF sounds are more muted and actually sound fine for standup targets, or maybe they really like hearing more popping! Who knows?!

I started messing more with the pov settings in visual pinball recently too. It's pretty easy to do with the F6 key (or via the menu option) and using the cabinet buttons as directed on screen. There are plenty of ways to reshape a table's pov to fit the cabinet, I've got to give the developers a ton of credit. Not just for that, for everything. And the table developers as well, the entire "team" is incredible.

#253 14 days ago

Went to play the 6.0 VP Ultra at Roland's shop this past week...WOW... it is really something else. Roland was super cool and gave me the grand tour and I was impressed so I ordered a table for myself. Now, I just need to figure out how to make a pinball table.. any suggestions?

#254 14 days ago

I've not created my own table yet, but if I were going to try, I would download this for a start. VPW is the best!

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/7787-vpin-workshop-example-resource-table/

#255 12 days ago

Got mine the other day! Tons of fun so far. Doesn’t replace the real thing, but helps scratch the itch for tables I will not be able to fit in the space.

B0B251EC-4FE6-4FB3-A6D1-27BD1A167398 (resized).jpeg
    #256 12 days ago
    Quoted from Selig:

Got mine the other day! Tons of fun so far. Doesn’t replace the real thing, but helps scratch the itch for tables I will not be able to fit in the space.
    [quoted image]

Congrats! Looks great, also what an awesome collection of games.

#257 11 days ago

Looks great! Do you know off hand how tall with beacons and topper? Low basement ceiling. My GNR topper works and my F-14 Beacons but not my other 2.
    I'd really like to get those options but not a necessity. (i don't think, anyway?)

Also, huge shout out to PanzerFreak for wading through the muck over the past year on this. I followed everything you wrote from the other thread and you kept going until you answered every last one of my questions that I never physically asked! THANK YOU!!!
    Also, Viggin900 and Oneangrymo probably a couple of others in there.
    With the new game prices coming out especially after today's Stern increase, I'm literally priced out of real games from here on out and certainly don't have the room for more machines. I have space for one game and it was gonna be a Godzilla Prem, but nope. Market dictated that choice.
    So...started researching this virtual world and 66 pages was a long haul. haha.
    PanzerFreak Was the backbox hard to remove cable-wise or any other issue? I definitely have to remove that and hopefully the actual cab width is less than 29 inches?

Anyway, thanks for all the knowledge, people! It didn't go for nothing.

I'm thinking I'm in. Gotta sleep on it for a couple more days.

Oh yeah and the friscopinball hero too! Awesome stream! Made a difference!

Best wishes
    r/
    Mike

#258 10 days ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

Looks great! Do you know off hand how tall with beacons and topper? Low basement ceiling.

I definitely have to remove that and hopefully the actual cab width is less than 29 inches?
    r/
    Mike

I just looked up these specs from the Rec Room World website:
    L: 53" x W: 27" x H: 74" (Top Box Width: 32")
    Height with Topper Monitor: 82"
    Height with Police Beacons: 79"

#259 10 days ago
    Quoted from sotie:

I just looked up these specs from the Rec Room World website:
    L: 53" x W: 27" x H: 74" (Top Box Width: 32")
    Height with Topper Monitor: 82"
    Height with Police Beacons: 79"

I did see that but after looking at the photo he posted above, I started questioning the written specs on the site.
    I have a wonka and this definitely looks way shorter in the photos. Was looking for an accurate measurement. I'm talking a 1/4 inch matters.
    Thanks.
    r/
    Mike

#260 10 days ago

Found the backbox answer. Posting for posterity.

r/
    Mike

#261 10 days ago
    Quoted from Selig:

Tons of fun so far

Congrats-I like you AFM art-looks cool

I am very satisfied with my Ultra and glad I am dipping into the virtual world of pinball-it's a whole other animal and I am digging it.

#262 7 days ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

Looks great! Do you know off hand how tall with beacons and topper? Low basement ceiling. My GNR topper works and my F-14 Beacons but not my other 2.
    I'd really like to get those options but not a necessity. (i don't think, anyway?)
    Also, huge shout out to PanzerFreak for wading through the muck over the past year on this. I followed everything you wrote from the other thread and you kept going until you answered every last one of my questions that I never physically asked! THANK YOU!!!
    With the new game prices coming out especially after today's Stern increase, I'm literally priced out of real games from here on out and certainly don't have the room for more machines. I have space for one game and it was gonna be a Godzilla Prem, but nope. Market dictated that choice.
    PanzerFreak Was the backbox hard to remove cable-wise or any other issue? I definitely have to remove that and hopefully the actual cab width is less than 29 inches?
    Best wishes
    r/
    Mike

Happy to have helped! Thanks. Removing the cables for the backbox wasn't that difficult. Before removing the head I would definitely take pictures and watch the latest backbox removal video from Roland for 6.0 games. There was no way I could get the game down into my basement with the head on due to the head cabinet width (wider then a widebody cabinet head). I would definitely recommend having someone help you with lifting the head, I should have waited for my wife to help but was stubborn and nearly dropped the thing lol.

#263 7 days ago

Just ordered this morning. Here we go!

#264 5 days ago

The more I have spent time with this machine the more I realize how much of a good purchase it was. Some games the physics are off just a tiny tiny bit, but I think with future updates, this thing could easily be a replacement for some of my games. Simply being able to turn it on, play some medieval madness, switch out and go to Tron (which has great music and videos I must say) is simply awesome. Some of my other favorites so far : attack from mars, Taxi, Diner, Addams family.. i never had a chance to play big bang bar until now, simply awesome. And all the little features it has like gear motor, shaker motor, the flashers, sirens, it just makes it feel that more enjoyable.
    Highly recommend this machine.

#265 5 days ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

Best wishes
    r/
    Mike

Mike, Thanks. The backbox wasn't that hard to remove, just take your time and label things if need be.
    I also had an extra keyboard and mouse laying around I have connected to the pin. I was able to keep them just inside the coin door all tighty so its right there if I have to restart pinup popper.

#266 3 days ago

I just received my 6.0 last week. I am trying to adjust the surround sound settings, when I press "x" on the keyboard it exits to the windows screen but after 10 seconds returns back to the pinup popper screen.
    Any ideas on how to stop it from returning to the pinup popper screen?

#267 2 days ago
    Quoted from scvp:

I just received my 6.0 last week. I am trying to adjust the surround sound settings, when I press "x" on the keyboard it exits to the windows screen but after 10 seconds returns back to the pinup popper screen.
    Any ideas on how to stop it from returning to the pinup popper screen?

You have to very quickly right click and exit the red icon in the bottom right of the tray. May take a few tries.

#268 2 days ago

its actually really weird going from virtual back to a real machine after only playing virtual for a few weeks. the real machine feels weird now, like too much 3d. And like what is what that big metal ball making so much noise and ruckus.

#269 1 day ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

its actually really weird going from virtual back to a real machine after only playing virtual for a few weeks. the real machine feels weird now, like too much 3d. And like what is what that big metal ball making so much noise and ruckus.

I was like that for a few months than all of a sudden I couldnt tell the difference. I liked Freddy Nightmare Elm Street and just got the real thing. I wasn't dissapointed, plays just like the virtual.

#270 1 day ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Lol I know what you mean! It’s very odd at first. I played my TMNT last night for the first time in a while and thought “This game feels small and very loud”!

There are 270 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!