Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 683 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 days ago by jmatlack
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vp_IMG_0125 (resized).jpg
    2024-02-02 20.42.25 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2607 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2581 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2609 (resized).jpeg
    pretty good.gif
    IMG_0905 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    Pam (resized).jpg
    20230701_011237 (resized).jpg
    20230701_005223 (resized).jpg
    20230701_003547 (resized).jpg
    20230630_235903 (resized).jpg
    ok ok ok (resized).jpg
    LW (resized).jpg
    There are 683 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.
    #251 1 year ago
    Quoted from brannonrad:

I posted on the Ultra VP Fans facebook page how to do this, I'm repeating it here for you.
    [quoted image]

Oh wow that’s great thanks! I will have to familiarize myself with it then have a long list of tables in my favorites that I’ll have to work through, I’ve been waiting for the new software build before I start customizing pov on a bunch of tables so I guess I’ll figure out this at the same time. I just can’t understand why the dof is defaulted to do this when otherwise there’s so much attention to detail in these tables replicating the real thing, very glad you found a solution.

#252 1 year ago

Thanks! As for defaulting standup targets as solenoids on all(?) tables, I agree it is totally wrong and I also ask why did they do that?! A couple of possible reasons for this come to mind - perhaps they only know visual pinball and don't realize it isn't like that on real tables, or perhaps their solenoid DOF sounds are more muted and actually sound fine for standup targets, or maybe they really like hearing more popping! Who knows?!

I started messing more with the pov settings in visual pinball recently too. It's pretty easy to do with the F6 key (or via the menu option) and using the cabinet buttons as directed on screen. There are plenty of ways to reshape a table's pov to fit the cabinet, I've got to give the developers a ton of credit. Not just for that, for everything. And the table developers as well, the entire "team" is incredible.

#253 1 year ago

Went to play the 6.0 VP Ultra at Roland's shop this past week...WOW... it is really something else. Roland was super cool and gave me the grand tour and I was impressed so I ordered a table for myself. Now, I just need to figure out how to make a pinball table.. any suggestions?

#254 1 year ago

I've not created my own table yet, but if I were going to try, I would download this for a start. VPW is the best!

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/7787-vpin-workshop-example-resource-table/

#255 1 year ago

Got mine the other day! Tons of fun so far. Doesn’t replace the real thing, but helps scratch the itch for tables I will not be able to fit in the space.

B0B251EC-4FE6-4FB3-A6D1-27BD1A167398 (resized).jpegB0B251EC-4FE6-4FB3-A6D1-27BD1A167398 (resized).jpeg
    #256 1 year ago
    Quoted from Selig:

Got mine the other day! Tons of fun so far. Doesn’t replace the real thing, but helps scratch the itch for tables I will not be able to fit in the space.
    [quoted image]

Congrats! Looks great, also what an awesome collection of games.

#257 1 year ago

Looks great! Do you know off hand how tall with beacons and topper? Low basement ceiling. My GNR topper works and my F-14 Beacons but not my other 2.
    I'd really like to get those options but not a necessity. (i don't think, anyway?)

Also, huge shout out to PanzerFreak for wading through the muck over the past year on this. I followed everything you wrote from the other thread and you kept going until you answered every last one of my questions that I never physically asked! THANK YOU!!!
    Also, Viggin900 and Oneangrymo probably a couple of others in there.
    With the new game prices coming out especially after today's Stern increase, I'm literally priced out of real games from here on out and certainly don't have the room for more machines. I have space for one game and it was gonna be a Godzilla Prem, but nope. Market dictated that choice.
    So...started researching this virtual world and 66 pages was a long haul. haha.
    PanzerFreak Was the backbox hard to remove cable-wise or any other issue? I definitely have to remove that and hopefully the actual cab width is less than 29 inches?

Anyway, thanks for all the knowledge, people! It didn't go for nothing.

I'm thinking I'm in. Gotta sleep on it for a couple more days.

Oh yeah and the friscopinball hero too! Awesome stream! Made a difference!

Best wishes
    r/
    Mike

#258 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

Looks great! Do you know off hand how tall with beacons and topper? Low basement ceiling.

I definitely have to remove that and hopefully the actual cab width is less than 29 inches?
    r/
    Mike

I just looked up these specs from the Rec Room World website:
    L: 53" x W: 27" x H: 74" (Top Box Width: 32")
    Height with Topper Monitor: 82"
    Height with Police Beacons: 79"

#259 1 year ago
    Quoted from sotie:

I just looked up these specs from the Rec Room World website:
    L: 53" x W: 27" x H: 74" (Top Box Width: 32")
    Height with Topper Monitor: 82"
    Height with Police Beacons: 79"

I did see that but after looking at the photo he posted above, I started questioning the written specs on the site.
    I have a wonka and this definitely looks way shorter in the photos. Was looking for an accurate measurement. I'm talking a 1/4 inch matters.
    Thanks.
    r/
    Mike

#260 1 year ago

Found the backbox answer. Posting for posterity.

r/
    Mike

#261 1 year ago
    Quoted from Selig:

Tons of fun so far

Congrats-I like you AFM art-looks cool

I am very satisfied with my Ultra and glad I am dipping into the virtual world of pinball-it's a whole other animal and I am digging it.

#262 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

Looks great! Do you know off hand how tall with beacons and topper? Low basement ceiling. My GNR topper works and my F-14 Beacons but not my other 2.
    I'd really like to get those options but not a necessity. (i don't think, anyway?)
    Also, huge shout out to PanzerFreak for wading through the muck over the past year on this. I followed everything you wrote from the other thread and you kept going until you answered every last one of my questions that I never physically asked! THANK YOU!!!
    With the new game prices coming out especially after today's Stern increase, I'm literally priced out of real games from here on out and certainly don't have the room for more machines. I have space for one game and it was gonna be a Godzilla Prem, but nope. Market dictated that choice.
    PanzerFreak Was the backbox hard to remove cable-wise or any other issue? I definitely have to remove that and hopefully the actual cab width is less than 29 inches?
    Best wishes
    r/
    Mike

Happy to have helped! Thanks. Removing the cables for the backbox wasn't that difficult. Before removing the head I would definitely take pictures and watch the latest backbox removal video from Roland for 6.0 games. There was no way I could get the game down into my basement with the head on due to the head cabinet width (wider then a widebody cabinet head). I would definitely recommend having someone help you with lifting the head, I should have waited for my wife to help but was stubborn and nearly dropped the thing lol.

#263 1 year ago

Just ordered this morning. Here we go!

#264 1 year ago

The more I have spent time with this machine the more I realize how much of a good purchase it was. Some games the physics are off just a tiny tiny bit, but I think with future updates, this thing could easily be a replacement for some of my games. Simply being able to turn it on, play some medieval madness, switch out and go to Tron (which has great music and videos I must say) is simply awesome. Some of my other favorites so far : attack from mars, Taxi, Diner, Addams family.. i never had a chance to play big bang bar until now, simply awesome. And all the little features it has like gear motor, shaker motor, the flashers, sirens, it just makes it feel that more enjoyable.
    Highly recommend this machine.

#265 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

Best wishes
    r/
    Mike

Mike, Thanks. The backbox wasn't that hard to remove, just take your time and label things if need be.
    I also had an extra keyboard and mouse laying around I have connected to the pin. I was able to keep them just inside the coin door all tighty so its right there if I have to restart pinup popper.

#266 1 year ago

I just received my 6.0 last week. I am trying to adjust the surround sound settings, when I press "x" on the keyboard it exits to the windows screen but after 10 seconds returns back to the pinup popper screen.
    Any ideas on how to stop it from returning to the pinup popper screen?

#267 1 year ago
    Quoted from scvp:

I just received my 6.0 last week. I am trying to adjust the surround sound settings, when I press "x" on the keyboard it exits to the windows screen but after 10 seconds returns back to the pinup popper screen.
    Any ideas on how to stop it from returning to the pinup popper screen?

You have to very quickly right click and exit the red icon in the bottom right of the tray. May take a few tries.

#268 1 year ago

its actually really weird going from virtual back to a real machine after only playing virtual for a few weeks. the real machine feels weird now, like too much 3d. And like what is what that big metal ball making so much noise and ruckus.

#269 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

its actually really weird going from virtual back to a real machine after only playing virtual for a few weeks. the real machine feels weird now, like too much 3d. And like what is what that big metal ball making so much noise and ruckus.

I was like that for a few months than all of a sudden I couldnt tell the difference. I liked Freddy Nightmare Elm Street and just got the real thing. I wasn't dissapointed, plays just like the virtual.

#270 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Lol I know what you mean! It’s very odd at first. I played my TMNT last night for the first time in a while and thought “This game feels small and very loud”!

1 week later
    #271 1 year ago

Hey all, just stumbled onto this group and wanted to say hi. I’ve had my Ultra for 1.5 years and have done quite a bit of modifications to it, including putting in an OLED monitor. I also run an owners only weekly league on FB for anyone interested, just search RRW Ultra League.

ACC4E019-36CF-4346-BC96-6E9E0177EF0C (resized).jpegACC4E019-36CF-4346-BC96-6E9E0177EF0C (resized).jpeg
    #272 1 year ago

If there's one table I would recommend updating it's the Lord of the Rings VPW Valinor edition one. Below are the steps for how to update the table. This one adds a really cool Pup Pack that adds videos and animations for modes in the game. The process below can be used to update tables that already exist on your Ultra VP. I would create a clone of your original drive and then only modify files on the new cloned drive incase something messes up.

1. Download the file here https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/8828-lord-of-the-rings-valinor-edition-stern-2003-vpw/
    2. Open F:\vPinball\VisualPinball\Tables on the Ultra VP drive (drive defaults to F when connected to my PC using a docking station, may be different on yours)
    3. Copy the original "Lord of the Rings Valinor Edition (Stern 2003) VPW v1.0" file and save it somewhere on your PC as a backup
    4. Rename the new 1.3 file to the exact name of the original, in this case "Lord of the Rings Valinor Edition (Stern 2003) VPW v1.0".
    5. Delete the original file at F:\vPinball\VisualPinball\Tables
    6. Copy / paste the new file
    7. Done

1 week later
    #273 1 year ago
    Quoted from ElRato:

Hey all, just stumbled onto this group and wanted to say hi. I’ve had my Ultra for 1.5 years and have done quite a bit of modifications to it, including putting in an OLED monitor. I also run an owners only weekly league on FB for anyone interested, just search RRW Ultra League. [quoted image]

Did you install a 120Hz LG dispay?

#274 1 year ago

PinCabs are flat and lifeless in my opinion. VR is the way to go.

#275 1 year ago

This week was all about ALGAR(Lionman #2!) and Stern KISS. The sounds and layout for ALGAR are great. This is a prime example of how much I love my Ultra. Do I want a ALGAR in my lineup-yes. Do I have room for a ALGAR in my lineup-no. Getting to explore 1500 tables is priceless to me.

Second game I have been cracking out on this week is Stern KISS. This table really shines with the virtual version and is a joy to flip. One thing that stands out with that table is when the ball drains and you hear the guitar strings ripping just on the right side audio-very cool sound(especially with high quality Ultra audio). These little touches make the virtual tables stand out for me.

I crank it up for KISS

#276 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

PinCabs are flat and lifeless in my opinion. VR is the way to go.

Why are you here bashing PinCabs? This is basically an owners thread for Ultra VP owners. Please go to the general virtual pinball thread to bash there.

As someone who has tried VR pinball, even built their own VR pinball cabinet (sold it this year), I much prefer full size Pincabs such as the Ultra VP 6.0. Why? I don't have to wear a headset. #2, I don't have to wear a headset lol. Do you wear a head in real life to play pinball? No. IMO VR actually takes away from immersion as again you are wearing a headset. Also even today's best VR headsets still suffer from the screen door effect and this is especially noticeable in VR pinball for things such as inserts and the text on them. A sharp 120hz 4K display in the real world still can't be beat when it comes to image quality.

Finally, VR pinball cabinets do not have the weight of a real pinball machine or the capacity for the mechs for proper DOF + SOF. I much prefer a full size Pincab that mimics the look and feel of an actual pinball machine over a VR pinball cab which like VR itself seems like a theme park novelty that you enjoy for a few minutes and that's it.

RRW is planning an update for the Ultra VP 6.0 that will add VR support which will be interesting to at least try given the weight of the full size cabinet and all of the DOF + SSF devices in it.

#277 1 year ago

I do think lots of people have not flipped the newer version Ultra VP cabs with DOF + SOF. I have played virtual for 10 years now and while it was fun playing Pinball Arcade on my tablet while camping it never interested me much. Fast forward to playing one of the newer version VP tables with a large 49" screen and DOF + SOF- it literally blew me away on how it made the experience so much more enjoyable. For anyone that says they do not like DOF + SOF-I call bullshit. How could you not like it-any virtual machine without it is not worthy imo. It was a game changer for me and has made me take a good look into the virtual world. Have I mentioned I love my Ultra?

#278 1 year ago

Longtime lurker on general site and about 3 month lurker on the virtual section. EXTREMELY intrigued by the Ultra 6.0. Watched tons of videos and it looks unbelievable. But I've never played any virtual machine. Anyone know where I can play one anywhere near Portland, Oregon? I cannot justify shelling out almost 10k without getting any time on the actual machine. Ideally, there's a really nice person on here within driving distance who wouldn't mind having me stop by and give a brief tour of the machine?

#279 1 year ago

#280 1 year ago

yeah its definitely pretty cool hearing the coins drop in, hearing the ball drop when it reaches the end of the shooter lane, make noises when it goes up and down ramps, and in some games across the playfield.
    pretty damn cool.
    Makes it feel pretty realistic.
    I may eventually replace the solenoids at some point if I have the energy and strength, that would be the only thing I can think of to do to make it one step closer to a real machine.

Im going to say it again I love these PUP packages. Monster bash and Tron so far are just awesome.

can anyone here tell me step by step how to install new pup packs on the VP 6.0? I have seen some videos but still confused. I want to install that bond one

#281 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

As someone who has tried VR pinball, even built their own VR pinball cabinet (sold it this year), I much prefer full size Pincabs such as the Ultra VP 6.0. Why? I don't have to wear a headset. #2, I don't have to wear a headset lol. Do you wear a head in real life to play pinball? No. IMO VR actually takes away from immersion as again you are wearing a headset. Also even today's best VR headsets still suffer from the screen door effect and this is especially noticeable in VR pinball for things such as inserts and the text on them. A sharp 120hz 4K display in the real world still can't be beat when it comes to image quality.
    Finally, VR pinball cabinets do not have the weight of a real pinball machine or the capacity for the mechs for proper DOF + SOF. I much prefer a full size Pincab that mimics the look and feel of an actual pinball machine over a VR pinball cab which like VR itself seems like a theme park novelty that you enjoy for a few minutes and that's it.
    RRW is planning an update for the Ultra VP 6.0 that will add VR support which will be interesting to at least try given the weight of the full size cabinet and all of the DOF + SSF devices in it.

Wrong.
    My HP Reverb G2 has zero screen door effect. With a resolution of 2160 x 2160 per eye, it is beyond 4K. It's also a comfortable headset with good audio. For single player VR rocks! I also find VP to be lacking in graphics. But I don't really notice this in VR. This will change in time with the use of modern 3d graphic engines, but we are not there yet. If you dig it, all the power to you. I have 9 real pins for multiplayer. A VR setup will add a unique experience for my pinhead gatherings. Nobody I know has experienced it yet.
    As far as weight and room for DOF and SSF, all you have to do is build the stubby cab larger. Less than half the length of a real cab will suffice and you can add all the weight you want. Those early ultra-thin Pinsim designs were just stupid.
    BTW, I plan to mount two 32 inch displays on wall mounts in portrait for VPX and FX3. No need for a full cab.

#282 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Wrong.
    My HP Reverb G2 has zero screendoor effect. With a resolution of 2160 x 2160 per eye, it is beyond 4K. It's also a comfortable headset with good audio. For single player VR rocks! I also find VP to be lacking in graphics. Way behind FX3. But that's just my opinion. If you dig it, all the power to you. I have 9 real pins for multiplayer. A VR setup will add a unique experience for my pinhead gatherings. Nobody I know has experienced it yet.
    As far as weight and room for DOF and SSF, all you have to do is build the stubbycab larger. Less than have the length of a real cab will suffice and you can add all the weight you want. Those early ultra thin pinsim designs were just stupid.

Is HP REverb G2 better than Oculus Quest 2?

#283 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is HP REverb G2 better than Oculus Quest 2?

Hell yes! And the price has dropped to 400.00 USD. You will spend this much or more on a Quest 2 by the time you upgrade the pathetic head strap and buy the link cable. Also, FaceBook will watch you. F**k Face Book!

#284 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hell yes! And the price has dropped to 400.00 USD. You will spend this much or more on a Quest 2 by the time you upgrade the pathetic head strap and buy the link cable. Also, FaceBook will watch you. Fuck Face Book!

Ok Im going to get it and try it, does it require a PC?

Should I get this 2022 v 2?

#285 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok Im going to get it and try it, does it require a PC?

Of course! But so does the Quest 2 or any other head set for VR pinball or any high end games like Half Life Alex. Keep in mind, this is a Windows Mixed Reality compatible head set. You will launch VR pinball through Steam VR. I don't really like the controllers of the G2 for 1st person shooter type games, but if using for flight sims, racing sims, or any cockpit type game or VR pinball where you are using different controllers, it's irrelevant.
    Also, you will need to build a PC with high end specs to run 4K games. The G2 needs to run at 90Hz as well. So I wouldn't use anything less than a RTX 3080 or wait for the next gen Radeon RDNA3 7000 series video cards to come out next month.

#286 1 year ago

My only problem at this point with VPXVR is that it's poorly optimized and held together with duct tape. It needs a lot of refining. Not for the meek.

#287 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Wrong.
    My HP Reverb G2 has zero screen door effect. With a resolution of 2160 x 2160 per eye, it is beyond 4K. It's also a comfortable headset with good audio. For single player VR rocks! I also find VP to be lacking in graphics. But I don't really notice this in VR. This will change in time with the use of modern 3d graphic engines, but we are not there yet. If you dig it, all the power to you. I have 9 real pins for multiplayer. A VR setup will add a unique experience for my pinhead gatherings. Nobody I know has experienced it yet.
    As far as weight and room for DOF and SSF, all you have to do is build the stubby cab larger. Less than half the length of a real cab will suffice and you can add all the weight you want. Those early ultra-thin Pinsim designs were just stupid.
    BTW, I plan to mount two 32 inch displays on wall mounts in portrait for VPX and FX3. No need for a full cab.

There is still a screen door effect with the HP Reverb G2 and it's most noticeable when looking at insert text in VR pinball. Maybe when we get to 8K or 16k VR displays the screen door effect will finally be gone. 4K is great but the problem is VR headset users are looking at a display 1" from their eye balls so of course they will see pixels lol.

VR is a cool concept but IMO it's still a novelty like a theme park ride...fun for a few minutes but do you really want to be in it for 30 minutes, an hour or two? I want to play pinball without a headset, easily grab a beer, glance over to my TV where the football game is on, etc as well those are examples of how real pinball is played. Also playing VR pinball with friends or family just sounds odd. "You're up, here's my sweaty headset". Those are a few reasons why there's still a demand for full size vpins. With all of the being said I'm still looking forward to trying VR pinball with the Ultra VP at some point.

Not sure why all of a sudden there's a couple people here bashing full size cabinets in what is an Ultra VP Club thread...Please take the bashing to the general virtual pinball thread lol.

#288 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

yeah its definitely pretty cool hearing the coins drop in, hearing the ball drop when it reaches the end of the shooter lane, make noises when it goes up and down ramps, and in some games across the playfield.
    pretty damn cool.
    Makes it feel pretty realistic.
    I may eventually replace the solenoids at some point if I have the energy and strength, that would be the only thing I can think of to do to make it one step closer to a real machine.
    Im going to say it again I love these PUP packages. Monster bash and Tron so far are just awesome.
    can anyone here tell me step by step how to install new pup packs on the VP 6.0? I have seen some videos but still confused. I want to install that bond one

Trying to figure out the same thing. I've only updated existing tables on the Ultra VP.

There's a great post in this thread by brannonrad for updating tables. Maybe brannonrad can add a guide for adding new tables?

#289 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Have to say wrong, sorry but there is still a screen door effect with the HP Reverb G2 and it's most noticeable when looking at insert text in VR pinball. Maybe when we get to 8K or 16k VR displays the screen door effect will finally be gone. 4K is great but the problem is VR headset users are looking at a display 1" from their eye balls so of course they will see pixels lol.
    VR is a cool concept but IMO it's still a novelty like a theme park ride. I want to play pinball without a headset, easily grab a beer, glance over to my TV where the football game is on, etc as well those are examples of how real pinball is played. Also playing VR pinball with friends or family just sounds odd. "You're up, here's my sweaty headset". Those are a few reasons why there's still a demand for full size vpins.
    Not sure why all of a sudden there's a couple people here bashing full size cabinets in what is an Ultra VP Club thread...Please take the bashing to the general virtual pinball thread.

- No screen Door effect for me, so not sure how you set up yours. Not sure what you're calling screen door effect?
    - I said VR is a single player experience. Mostly for me. As I stated, I have real pinball for multiplayer.
    - I don't watch football or TV when playing pinball LOL! I prefer to focus on my game.
    - VR makes sense for me. I like it. So what"s the problem?
    - I like how you call other peoples opinions "bashing" because you don't agree with them! Seems you have a lot of opinions.

#290 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not sure why all of a sudden there's a couple people here bashing full size cabinets in what is an Ultra VP Club thread...Please take the bashing to the general virtual pinball thread lol

Yes I do not think Panzer is bashing but wondering what non Ultra VP owners are doing in this thread? Do you own a Ultra VP or are you considering purchasing one? There is a thread devoted to virtual pinball that may be more suited for debate.

I also agree with Panzer about the VR opinion. I can't see myself strapping some device on my head and finding it enjoyable. I played VR arcade games for a day or two and it got stale super fast(novelty wore off quick). I could be wrong and VR could be viable in the future but for now the virtual pinball feels the best in a regular cab(not just a screen thrown up on the wall) mimicking the real pinball machines with DOF+SOF. Really can't see strapping a device on my head for enjoyment-plus if I got caught wearing one of those devices-I may never get laid again

#291 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Yes I do not think Panzer is bashing but wondering what non Ultra VP owners are doing in this thread? Do you own a Ultra VP or are you considering purchasing one? There is a thread devoted to virtual pinball that may be more suited for debate.
    I also agree with Panzer about the VR opinion. I can't see myself strapping some device on my head and finding it enjoyable. I played VR arcade games for a day or two and it got stale super fast(novelty wore off quick). I could be wrong and VR could be viable in the future but for now the virtual pinball feels the best in a regular cab(not just a screen thrown up on the wall) mimicking the real pinball machines with DOF+SOF. Really can't see strapping a device on my head for enjoyment-plus if I got caught wearing one of those devices-I may never get laid again

Fair enough!
    But, at nearly 59 years old, I doubt a headset is going to affect my sex life!

#292 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Fair enough!
    But, at nearly 59 years old, I doubt a headset is going to affect my sex life!

The reason I left the Virtual pin thread was because you would always downvote anytime anyone mentioned the Ultra VP. Now you bring it over to here comparing $400 goggles to a 10k mechanical machine. There is no comparison. Please go away.

#293 1 year ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

The reason I left the Virtual pin thread was because you would always downvote anytime anyone mentioned the Ultra VP. Now you bring it over to here comparing $400 goggles to a 10k mechanical machine. There is no comparison. Please go away.

B.S. Care to show me where that was? You have me confused with someone else apparently.
    But I did notice you had several down thumbs on that thread.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club?tu=Viggin900

Also, I never made any comparison to the Ultra VP. I was simply responding to comments made here about VR pinball. If you can't have a reasonable conversation without making false accusations, then that's on you!

#294 1 year ago

Just placed an order for the 6.0. Going with Theater of Magic for the art. I've always loved that pin and should of bought one when I first saw one in 2010 or so for $4k (LoL).

The wrinkling art bothers me because I really love the look of ToM. I'm going to add gold plastic leg protectors. I wouldn't mind cutting the art as long as it's within what the protectors will cover. Has anyone tried adding a few metal washers to elevate the legs and protectors off the cab? Like inward to outward: cabinet...washer or two... protector...then leg? It seems like it would eliminate the possibility of wrinkles with cut art and a small gap between the protector and cabinet shouldn't be noticable.

#295 1 year ago
    Quoted from AMartin56:Just placed an order for the 6.0. Going with Theater of Magic for the art. I've always loved that pin and should of bought one when I first saw one in 2010 or so for $4k (LoL).
    The wrinkling art bothers me because I really love the look of ToM. I'm going to add gold plastic leg protectors. I wouldn't mind cutting the art as long as it's within what the protectors will cover. Has anyone tried adding a few metal washers to elevate the legs and protectors off the cab? Like inward to outward: cabinet...washer or two... protector...then leg? It seems like it would eliminate the possibility of wrinkles with cut art and a small gap between the protector and cabinet shouldn't be noticable.

I think no matter what u do u wil get wrinkling unless they change their decal manufacturer

#296 1 year ago
    Quoted from AMartin56:

Just placed an order for the 6.0. Going with Theater of Magic for the art. I've always loved that pin and should of bought one when I first saw one in 2010 or so for $4k (LoL).

I bought the extra thick protectors from Mantis Amusements.

Not cheap, but they were a breeze to install and worked incredibly well. Not a wrinkle in sight!

Roger

#297 1 year ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Not cheap, but they were a breeze to install and worked incredibly well. Not a wrinkle in sight!
    Roger

I wonder if it's because they attach to the cabinet by additional screws.. effectively clamping down the decal. I wonder if you could get a similar result with staples or something similar under a plastic protector.

#298 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think no matter what u do u wil get wrinkling unless they change their decal manufacturer

I think they might make them in house. There is a large format printer visible in one of his videos.

#299 1 year ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Roger

Also...did you buy the hidden protectors from Mantis or the ones sold individually?

#300 1 year ago

hi i was wondering if anyone installed a haptic upgrade for the back box on the ultra vp

There are 683 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultra-vp-club-virtualist-welcome/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.