(Topic ID: 308998)

Ultra Vibe 18 motor suddenly super weak?

By KSUWildcatFan

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

No idea what happened, just one day the motor got super weak and now it barely vibrates. I know nothing about fixing these and it doesn't appear replacement motors are available. Has anyone else had this happen? Is it fixable (by a novice)?

#2 2 years ago

Mine blew the bearings and quit. No idea if it was during the warranty period or not.

I packed it up and sent it back and they totally rebuilt it, free of charge.

#3 2 years ago

Mine's an older one, bought on eBay, so..definitely no warranty. I tried reaching out to them and never got a response. Is there a better way to get hold of them than the form on their website?

#4 2 years ago

Well, I took it apart enough to get to the motor..couldn't get the stupid cord loose from the base which was annoying, and also couldn't figure out just how to get the motor case apart either...but in the process I went to test it and it worked perfectly. So I put it back together and it's working as well as it's ever worked. Bah.

I assume bearings are on their way out. Guess I'll do some research to figure out which one(s) it uses and order them so I have them on hand for when they do finally drop dead for good.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultra-vibe-18-motor-suddenly-super-weak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.