Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by beatmaster
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Here's a tough one, the ultimate Bally/Williams VS Stern showdown.

Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, and Attack From Mars, VS
    AC/DC premium, Avengers LE, and Steve Ritchie Star Trek (assuming it gets built).

The rules:
    1. Assume all machines have equal value and that will not change. This question is for players, not speculators.
    2. You have to keep either set of three games for three years.

Which three games would you choose?

#2 11 years ago

Well, considering I haven't played Avengers and nobody has any idea if ST will be fun or not, this is not a good lineup for Stern IMO.

#3 11 years ago

Swap AFM for ACDC and you've got an epic lineup.

#4 11 years ago

Ummm....B/W by a mile. You want me to rate 3 machines against 2? Don't quite get the point of this.

#5 11 years ago

Maybe and SM or LOTR and at least you could talk about it.

Actually that still wouldn't matter

#6 11 years ago

Although I love Stern games, for this case, I have to side with the Bally/Williams three

#7 11 years ago

B/W - no Stern for me...

#8 11 years ago

After the voting do I get to take all six home?

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ummm....B/W by a mile. You want me to rate 3 machines against 2? Don't quite get the point of this.

Use your imagination, I said assuming Star Trek gets built. I'm thinking Steve Ritchie home run.

#10 11 years ago

should be acdc, tron, and lotr from stern. That would make it a little tougher decision.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Use your imagination, I said assuming Star Trek gets built. I'm thinking Steve Ritchie home run.

Still W/B by a long shot. Not a lot of interest in new star trek.

#13 11 years ago

Steve Ritchie Star Trek (assuming it gets built)

This question is for players, not speculators.

That's funny! Isn't Ritchie Star Trek NOTHING but speculation at this point?

#14 11 years ago

Bally's/Williams all the way. Didn't even have to think twice about it.

#15 11 years ago

Well using my imagination makes it much easier.

Star Trek >>> MM > MB

I love the humor they used to have in the older machines, and would have made it a B/W sweep... but in my imagination Star Trek came out in a very limited run of 1 ultra super duper limited edition and it was delivered and tuned by the man himself at my house when I won it in a raffle.

#16 11 years ago

Lol, I sort of have this with ACDC, AVLE and TRon and then AFM, MB and Totan.
    Both sides are awesome! Its a tough call and very different feel but in the end Stern wins by a hair.

#17 11 years ago

ACDC and AVLE are awesome together in a lineup. But the two of them can't take down 3 powerhouse B/W games. Replace Star Trek with a proven stern like TRON LE, now we have ourselves a competition. And I would gladly take those 3 sterns over the B/W powerhouse trio in a three year period.

#18 11 years ago

STERN!
    I've played all those B/W to death.
    Try a battle with the last 3 B/W made vs. those last 3 Sterns, and I bet results would change.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

ACDC and AVLE are awesome together in a lineup. But the two of them can't take down 3 powerhouse B/W games. Replace Star Trek with a proven stern like TRON LE, now we have ourselves a competition. And I would gladly take those 3 sterns over the B/W powerhouse trio in a three year period.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

AC/DC and Avengers are awesome together. I was thinking if I had a NIB Star Trek next to them to open up, that it really couldn't get any better than that. I'm a Trek fan and loved the new movie so I'm biased on the title. The Bally/Williams titles have been played to death so I'm having way more fun with the new stuff.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from kaston1573:

Bally's/Williams all the way. Didn't even have to think twice about it.

Pretty much what he said, tho MM & AFM are so similar, if those were my only 3 pins I dunno if I'd keep that line up for 3 years, swap one of em out for a different B/W (Totan, Tom, CV, TAF, IJ etc...) then hell yeah.

#21 11 years ago

If you wanna use the top 3 Sterns you should have gone with ACDC, SM & LOTR and then you would have a pretty good match up against the big 3 Fan B/WMs.

I'd probably take the Stern Trio just cause of ACDC alone.

#22 11 years ago

yawn what does this have to do with anything...?

#23 11 years ago

SM,LOTR and TFLE combo and I take Stern

#24 11 years ago

I have already chosen since I have MM, MB and AFM.

Against to good (AC/DC) the bad (Avengers) and the non-existant ST:TNFU? (you guess)

Very few rise to the top, even fewer stay there . . .

#25 11 years ago

avengers is boring as all hell (and im a huge marvel fan), AC/DC is up there but not as good as MM, AFM or MB.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

He also says "this is not for speculators", but that's exactly what he's asking us to do.

#27 11 years ago

Here's a tough one, the ultimate Bally/Williams VS Stern showdown.
    Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, and Attack from Mars, VS
    AC/DC premium, Avengers LE, and Steve Ritchie Star Trek (assuming it gets built).
    The rules:
    1. Assume all machines have equal value and that will not change. This question is for players, not speculators.
    2. You have to keep either set of three games for three years.
    Which three games would you choose?

this has to be the dumbest post i've seen on here in awhile. Not for speculators...but mentions a game that doesn't even have pictures of the playfield on it. And you didn't even list B/W good titles, or sterns for that matter. Out of that group of 6, the only one worth a shit is AC/DC.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

this has to be the dumbest post i've seen on here in awhile. Not for :speculators...but mentions a game that doesn't even have pictures of the playfield on it. And you didn't even list B/W good titles, or sterns for that matter. Out of that group of 6, the only one worth a shit is AC/DC.

CV is a Fan Layout.

#29 11 years ago

I will take 3 great machines instead of 2 great ones and speculation.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

He also says "this is not for speculators", but that's exactly what he's asking us to do.

C'mon, stick to the spirit, not the letter. Don't speculate on price or appreciation, just playability. Would you rather keep kicking it old school, or do you prefer new?

#31 11 years ago

C'mon, stick to the spirit, not the letter. Don't speculate on price or appreciation, just playability. Would you rather keep kicking it old school, or do you prefer new?

?WTF? I hope this is a joke. You should have made an imaginary pinball poll and ranked them as far as playability, complexity and fun factor. I'll start.

Everyone rate which one of these Pinball machines play the best.

The Bigfoot experience
    Rock'em Sock'em Pinball
    Gremlins
    Easter bunny chocolate parade
    Jenna Jameson Fashion extreme pinball experience

Discuss!

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

?WTF? I hope this is a joke. You should have made an imaginary pinball poll and ranked them as far as playability, complexity and fun factor. I'll start.
    Everyone rate which one of these Pinball machines play the best.
    The Bigfoot experience
    Rock'em Sock'em Pinball
    Gremlins
    Easter bunny chocolate parade
    Jenna Jameson Fashion extreme pinball experience
    Discuss!

Do we have our shorts in a knot tonight Neo? If you would like to start your own Easter Bunny thread go ahead.
    If you would like to express a preference for classic Bally/Williams games or newer Sterns then go ahead and dazzle us.
    I do recall you bashing MM for years before you cashed in on yours, so maybe this isn't the thread for you after all.

#33 11 years ago

Would you rather keep kicking it old school, or do you prefer new?

If you were to look at my current collection and history, I think you would have a very difficult time answering that question.

I know I couldn't answer it. I don't really have a general preference for either. I love having a combination of each.

#34 11 years ago

yup I cashed in. Had it for sale for $5500. And was happy to get rid of it then. Too much money tied up in very little game.

The point is, your asking about playablity about fictional games. THen ask for no speculating. That's like me asking you how the 2017 Chevy Impala drives and how it compares to a 1969 Superbird.

Not that any game you even mentioned would be in the superbird class. Comparison should be more like a Prius, Gremlin and Pacer.

#35 11 years ago

No one wants to compare proven great games against a game not seen yet.

Obviously the other two sterns mentioned are solid games. But star trek Is 100% speculation at this time.

This is a bogus thread asking for make believe. No panties in bunch here at all. Just explaining why you are getting flamed.

Wait a couple months and This would be a great thread title. IMHO

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yup I cashed in. Had it for sale for $5500. And was happy to get rid of it then. Too much money tied up in very little game.
    The point is, your asking about playablity about fictional games. THen ask for no speculating. That's like me asking you how the 2017 Chevy Impala drives and how it compares to a 1969 Superbird.

Reread my post. I said no speculation on price only, so money wouldn't be a factor in the decision. If that part was unclear then that was my bad.

Including a future release isn't really a stretch either. People sell machines all the time to fund new purchases. There's a lot to be said for taking a new pin out of the box.

Once again, if you prefer to express a preference for old school machines, or if you enjoy new titles more then feel free to say so. If not, then there's nothing here for you.

#37 11 years ago

I'd have to go with the Sterns. I'm tired of MB - its a great game for guests, but not for a player on the long haul as this question was posed. AFM is great. MM is AFM rethemed and not as fun. ACDC is the best game of all time. Avengers is decent. I expect ST to be even better than ACDC.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

If you were to look at my current collection and history, I think you would have a very difficult time answering that question.
    I know I couldn't answer it. I don't really have a general preference for either. I love having a combination of each.

Excellent. The answer to my question lies in this question: since you have both, which do you spend more time playing?

#39 11 years ago

Excellent. The answer to my question lies in this question: since you have both, which do you spend more time playing?

As usual...whichever one is the most recent addition to the collection!

Currently that is LOTR. Been playing the hell out of it since I got it in December. Made it to Valinor a couple weeks ago.

#40 11 years ago

It's called a poll, no battle without making a poll...

#41 11 years ago

not a fan of avengers, ACDC kills it, Star Trek no idea if it's a real game yet. So i go with the classics by a mile. Also if you get avengers the heck out of there with games it doesn't belong with and put lotr and sm youd have a battle.

#42 11 years ago

B/W vs Stern???

Seriously?

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

B/W vs Stern???
    Seriously?

Imagine that huh? One of them is still actually making machines too.

#44 11 years ago

Since I own the 3 B/W games mentioned, that would have to be my vote.

Biased? No, because if I wanted the others, not counting Star Trek as it isn't for sale yet, I would sell my 3 pins and buy them. I vote with my wallet.

#45 11 years ago

Reread my post. I said no speculation on price only, so money wouldn't be a factor in the decision. If that part was unclear then that was my bad.
    Including a future release isn't really a stretch either. People sell machines all the time to fund new purchases. There's a lot to be said for taking a new pin out of the box.
    Once again, if you prefer to express a preference for old school machines, or if you enjoy new titles more then feel free to say so. If not, then there's nothing here for you.

This makes absolutely no sense at all. Everything just stated here has nothing to do with anything. I'd categorize this post and this thread into the polywampus folder.

#46 11 years ago

I'm starting to wonder if I'd want to keep any of them for three months, let alone
    three years.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Since I own the 3 B/W games mentioned, that would have to be my vote.
    Biased? No, because if I wanted the others, not counting Star Trek as it isn't for sale yet, I would sell my 3 pins and buy them. I vote with my wallet.

Nailed it.

I always find it odd when people say that your opinion on a certain pin is "biased" if you own it. Chances are, if you own it (still) it's because you like it! <duh>

#48 11 years ago

sometimes you own it because it was cheap and local. that's the way it was for me with Dr.Who. Hated it at first and didn't expect it to sit around long. After playing it enough to know what the hell the Deleks were saying, It started to grow on me. Now I actually enjoy it.

#49 11 years ago

B/W

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultimate-vs-mmmbafm-vs-acdc-avle-srst and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.