Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1f5jw9 (resized).jpg
    group hug (resized).jpg
    STERN (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kawydud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

It truly isn't an ultimate fan contest at all. If that was the case, it would be judged by some sort of panel, not become a popularity contest. Stern's ultimate fan could be a total non social person who just bleeds Stern pinball. The whole who gets the most votes wins has nothing to do with being an ultimate fan.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ball_Shine:

I am one of the 20 selected and I think it's become a bit of a joke "untimatesternpinballscam" is the term coined around here.
    I live outside the USA so the pinball community is a lot smaller, and less people to vote.
    I've been told by tech savvy people that it is pretty easy to scam votes via numerous ways.
    I have a friend who has access to 30'000 IP addresses so would that be fair?
    It has become a contest to who has the most internet friends, prepared to cheat, best sob story and or access to a larger pinball community to sprook their pic.
    I stopped asking friends to vote as I feel like I've been begging or hounding them.
    Should have been decided in-house or draw a name from top 20 out of a hat, get the production staff to vote, anything would have been better imo.
    The contest is for "THE ULTIMATE STERN PINBALL FAN". So as Stern made a huge deal a bout their 30th anniversary (and rightly so as they made it through some tough times), I wanted to incorporate that and wore a 30th anniversary t-shirt and also show some "Stern love" so gave the boys a group hug. Probably not the cleverest or the best pic but at least I can explain the thought that went into mine here, and give the campaign a nudge lol. Good luck whoever wins as there are some great pics!
    Here is my one

Completely agree with you. I am in the contest as well and have also stopped trying to get votes.

1 week later
    #23 7 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

This doesn't seem to be a "fair" contest where people are voting for their favorite photos.
    With so much money on the line, I'm not surprised to see some of the rigging, but at the same time this should have been expected and better planned for. It could have been simply to keep the vote counts hidden, and in the end the voting is only a "guideline" and final winner would be selected internally at Stern.

This^

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kawydud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultimate-stern-pinball-fan-hear-from-the-finalists-voters?tu=Kawydud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.