• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
IMG_E1973 (resized).JPG
rectifier board (resized).png
a3 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 2 years ago

I include these here only to inform people that there are other options, not only the one brand of replacements. In any case I always advocate that the original should be repaired FIRST over any replacement options.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=AS-2518-16%2F22
a3 (resized).pnga3 (resized).png

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=AS-2518-18

rectifier board (resized).pngrectifier board (resized).png
#13 2 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I actually always use this model from PBL, not the homepin one and it comes with a connector replacement kit as well so you get a new board and connector all at once:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0070-00
I would still change at a minimum the upper right connector on your SDB too.

The Homepin one also has a complete connector kit with new housings and pins so probably not much difference although I notice the Homepin one has a pretty chunky heatsink fitted.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

Downside is the contacts are not Molex or AMP brand. I have found the Chinese/Taiwanese knockoffs to cost far, far less but are ALWAYS an inferior metal.

How would you know that the contacts supplied are not Molex or AMP? You don't I'm certain of that. These brands are sold all around the world by RS, Farnell, Mouser and MANY others.

Your constant bagging of ANYTHING that isn't made in the good 'OL USA gets very tiring. MANY countries OUTSIDE the USA made even higher quality stuff than is made in the USA - shock horror I can hear you say!

In case you weren't aware (and probably don't want to hear) Taiwan is one of the largest exporter of aviation fasteners in the word. That USA built Boeing you last flew on (maybe Boeing is a BAD example of US excellence! hahaha) most likely is held together with Taiwan made fasteners whether you like that or not.

Yes, there are plenty of cheapo and shoddy things that come from Asia, I agree with you on that, but certainly not EVERYTHING is crap like you continue to state as if it were beyond doubt and therefore fact.

A quick Google search revealed a lot of information that clearly shows Taiwanese fasteners are among the best in the world. Other countries are also right up there manufacturing goods that far exceed the quality found in some USA products.

https://www.taiwanexcellence.org/en/press/newsroom/983

"Taiwan is also moving toward high value-added applications such as aviation engine screws, medical purpose fasteners, and automotive engine screws."

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

What can ya say?
Some people like to use cheaper parts or completely omit parts that cost pennies and others care more about user accessibility, longevity and quality.
Some people are completely offended by constructive criticism and others use it to their advantage to improve their products.

I admire your dedication to high quality and also your assistance to hobbyists.

However I think you forget that we are repairing pinball machines NOT space shuttles so the level of quality VS price certainly concerns many.

In most cases prime quality, military grade parts simply aren't needed or even warranted.

Consumer grade parts work just fine for practically every pinball machine repair.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 169.00
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultimate-solenoid-board-issue?tu=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.