Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I need some help. I finally got a twilight zone.
And of course the clock is broken.I'm trying top get one go these ultimate
Boards I can't seem to find one.do they still make them? The one site has pics and shooters the board but the thread is like a year old. They don't answer the phone they don't call back they don't answer e mails.
I tried to get ahold of some guy in Germany.weird e mail address. Anybody know whet I can get 1 ., or a real phone number to call? Thanks Tony

#2 11 years ago

Keep trying Ingo in Europe. It took a bit for him to respond, but he did after the holidays and I have a board on the way. It's been about 3 weeks so I should have it any day. Will post on how the install goes.

#3 11 years ago

Hi,

Check his site, the contact formular is at the bottom of the page.

http://www.german-pinball-modular.de/final-tz-clock-pcb-english.html

#5 11 years ago

Is this the best board for TZ ? How about Rottendog or any others ?

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollon:

Is this the best board for TZ ? How about Rottendog or any others ?

The Rottendog board seems to work fine. Ingo's new board is getting great reviews also, but ordering / shipping from Germany could be a challange.
You should be fine with either.
BTW, welcome to Pinside Apollon.

#7 11 years ago

I can't speak for the Rottendog board but, Ingo's board is solid and worth the investment. I had zero problems with getting it shipped here. The blue LEDs look great as well.

#8 11 years ago

I recently made a thread about the ultimate clock board I ordered from Ingo (http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ingo-kramers-tz-clock-board-rev-17-impressions). So yes, he is still making clock boards. I got hold of him fairly quickly via email, so I can only suggest to mail him again: [email protected]
I don't have experience with the Rottendog board, but so far the Ingo board has not given me any problems.

#9 11 years ago

Thanks for the replies .and the email you gave me looks different then what I was trying.
I'll try that 1.

#10 11 years ago

Ingo's board is top notch. I have had it for a few years now, no problems in the slightest.

#11 11 years ago

I'm using Ingo's board also. It is well engineered and has been working great! Shipping from Germany didn't take very long to Illinois. I've had no problems with it.

#12 11 years ago

I installed the Rottendog board about a year ago and it has worked flawlessly.

#13 11 years ago

I've had a few of Ingo's boards and they are brilliant build quality - plus you can choose which colour LEDs to put in, or get colour changers which are awesome.

He's been very busy lately, so may take some time to respond, but highly recommend them

#14 11 years ago

Well I tried to email Ingo.a couple more times I hope 1 got through after trying to decipher the German code for the robot security. Trying to buy something shouldn’t be this hard. I’ll give him a couple days and. If I don’t hear from him then I’ll probably go with the rottondog board..
his board looks nicer and has the added logic circuits.

#15 11 years ago

Same here Tony, I'm hoping he replies so we can get some TZ boards to Ohio

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Trying to buy something shouldn’t be this hard.

Ingo isn't in the business of selling boards. He's a pinball enthusiast and board design is just a hobby. I think he is actually a lawyer. I would agree that if you were trying to buy the board from a vendor it should be easy, but in his case he's just a guy doing something he likes and we get the side benefit. You should consider giving him some time; his board is, hands down, the best on the market right now.

#17 11 years ago

Go for ingo, he is The greatest. Get Also the colour changing LEDs, awesome

He has Paypal so ordering can be very simple if you can communicate via the email on your wishes and price. This is how I did it. Doesn't matter if you are in Europe or US, that's for the mail to sort out

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Go for ingo, he is The greatest. Get Also the colour changing LEDs, awesome
He has Paypal so ordering can be very simple if you can communicate via the email on your wishes and price. This is how I did it. Doesn't matter if you are in Europe or US, that's for the mail to sort out

Thanks but Im not sure my emale is getting through . can you email him for me? have him send me a pm on this site? or a phone #

#19 11 years ago

No response for me either but I am waiting patiently.

#20 11 years ago

Ingo shipped my board 2 weeks ago and I still haven't seen it yet. Should be any day now.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

No response for me either but I am waiting patiently.

I have no problem waiting patiently if I know my email got through.. And had gotten some kind of response. Waiting for possibly no reason …not so much. : )

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Thanks but Im not sure my emale is getting through . can you email him for me? have him send me a pm on this site? or a phone #

I did sent out an email with a link to this thread but no response either (yet)

His last contribution on a german forum was 26th january. Perhaps he is on holiday or ill.

#23 11 years ago

I know that he was on n extended holiday until 1-15. I emailed him about my board possibly ring lost in the mail and haven't heard back. Hopefully he will respond soon.

#24 11 years ago

Hi guys,

I will answer all e-mails still today. I cannot answer all e-mails within 1 day, though I try to give my best, but my job as a lawyer takes me very much occupied.

Best regards

Ingo

#25 11 years ago

So, all e-mails are answered now. If I should have forgotten anybody, please contact me again.

@zucot:
Everything is OK. I think, you will get the board very soon in the next
days. The package has left germany on 01/22/2013 from Frankfurt airport.

Installation guide VERSION 2013 (updated version of Garretts guide):

http://www.german-pinball-modular.de/tz-clock-instruction-english.html

#26 11 years ago

thanks Ingo. i'll be placing my order asap

#27 11 years ago

Well worth the wait for Ingo's board! I put mine in last night. It was a breeze to install and looks awesome. Thanks again Ingo. You da man.

#28 11 years ago

Just a follow up and a bump for Ingo's board. It was a breeze to install. I have a problem with my clock connector so I didn't actually install the board with the clock in the 12 o'clock position. No issues. I ordered mine with blue LED's which look great and Ingo even sent the white ones along with it. Nice. Super good quality build and red diagnostic LED's on the board. Nice nice. And a last little nicety, which I didn't know and Ingo just informed me of, when the machine is off, the clock keeps real time! Really? Don't know how that works and I haven't confirmed it yet because of my connector issue but if that's true, way cool.

Keep in mind Ingo is a lawyer and does this as a hobby, not a business, so imo he is helping us, not us helping him. Also, he is half way around our world so his timeframe is different as to when he responds back.

I don't know anything about the Rottendog board so I can't compare and if you need a board immediately then buy local but if you can wait a bit, go for Ingo's board. You will not be disappointed. And as an added bonus, it comes packed in german newspaper. Affengeil!

#29 11 years ago

Thanks I know his board had extra circuitry and
diagnostic LED's. He got a hold of me and got me all Ordered up. Ready to go . Now I can wait patiently : ). Thanks Ingo. I'll update when it comes .

#30 11 years ago

This board is so good; You will never be sorry. The worse part is trying to get a hold of Ingo. I choose this one over the rottendog, because of the redesign. The problem with rottendog is it just uses those same troublesome optics, with sub-number. You wont be sorry. If he had a proper setup, he could sell a ton of these..

2 weeks later
#31 11 years ago

I got my board today ya! It took a while but worth the wait. It was well packed and I was following the instructions. The only thing I might ad is don’t try and force the optos all the way down they are not suppose to seat that way, just a note for those who don’t have a lot of experience with PC board sockets.
Heres a problem no one else will may ever come across but it goes to show you expect the unexpected!

OK here’s what happened as I was taking the clock apart I noticed that 1 of the 4 screws that hold the back together and the mounting bracket to the clock was way short the last guy who tried to fix it must have lost it and just used a short one to hold the bracket to the clock . I didn’t think too much about it. But as it turned out it was a huge problem.
So I put the new board in with the color changing led's which look awesome .and put it back together and walla! It still didn’t work SOB. The second hand optos were not working so I put the machine it clock test and tried to seat the connectors better and as I was twisting the clock around it was working
so I thought that was it I went to put it back on and it stopped working as I was moving the clock back and forth it would work and stop working so I'm thinking great a bad wire so I'm flexing the wire looking was looking at the wiring diagram to narrow it down .but then I noticed that because the one screw was short it wasn’t keeping the back case closed all the way causing the front optos to sit too far back in the housing and the not allowing the opto to sense the second hand .
Ran up to lowes found a screw that was close cut it down put it together and that fixed it .
I guess the lessen learned is be vary suspicious of things that don’t look right.
I would highly recommend the board .it had nothing to do with my problem I just wanted to share my experience. Thanks .

#32 11 years ago

Thanks for posting this Tony. Mine is ordered.

Bill

#33 11 years ago

My clock board looks/works great as well. Ingo is the man. Buy with confidence!

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from cclay:

Keep trying Ingo in Europe. It took a bit for him to respond, but he did after the holidays and I have a board on the way. It's been about 3 weeks so I should have it any day. Will post on how the install goes.

Yes, this boards are the best ! Specially with rgb-led (optional) it is just WOAHHH. Before I bought an other clockboard and the optolegs where too long, it was a nightmare.
Ingo´s board is really plug´n play and works great !!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 132.00
$ 79.50
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultimate-clock-board-for-tz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.