Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by ULEKstore
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ULEKstore Pinball and Classic Arcade 04 (resized).jpg
    ULEKstore Pinball and Classic Arcade 02 (resized).jpg
    ULEKstore Pinball and Classic Arcade 03 (resized).jpg
    ULEK Pinball and Classic Arcade 01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210615_123238 (resized).jpg

#1 3 months ago

Just wanted to give a shout out to the owner of this awesome retrocade at the Mall of Monroe in Monroe, MI. Stopped by after lunch and had a blast this afternoon. Great selection of pins and arcade games! All working, clean and lighting fast. Had some time on a beautiful Funhouse. It's been a long time since I played on one that nice. Will definitely be back often...Just moved back to the area and would like to connect with some of the local pinheads in the NW Ohio/SE Michigan area. Seems to be a very active and healthy pin community these days.

#2 3 months ago

Tons of players around here. Welcome back!

#3 89 days ago

Thanks. Yeah, back in 06 when I started there wasn’t much going on around here. Way different now.

#4 89 days ago

What other pins were there? There is no info online about that place, I just added it to the map

#5 89 days ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

What other pins were there? There is no info online about that place, I just added it to the map

Sterns- Jurrasic Park,Star Wars,Beatles,Meteor,Mandolorian,Roller Coaster Tycoon,Avatar,Transformers,Batman 66,TMNT,Deadpool,Iron Maiden.
    Bally/Williams/Sega/American-Dr Who,Black Jack,Flash,Southpark,Hot Wheels,Pinbot,

#6 89 days ago

Just curious? There is another thread discussing how much would you play per game...How much was it to play the games? Did they charge a flat rate or per game?

#7 89 days ago
    Quoted from TomN:Just moved back to the area and would like to connect with some of the local pinheads in the NW Ohio/SE Michigan area. Seems to be a very active and healthy pin community these days.

I hold small get togethers often and big tournaments on occasion.I warn new players about my gameroom as it's not for everyone. My house is the party house and not fit for children or overly religious folks,there will be heavy cannabis smoking and may be heavy drinking.

#8 89 days ago
    Quoted from TwinDavid:

Just curious? There is another thread discussing how much would you play per game...How much was it to play the games? Did they charge a flat rate or per game?

50 cents to $1 and most Sterns are on value play of 3 plays for $2. The games are set up a bit easier than the other 10-12 machines they operate a few miles away at Beeks Bar and Grill. Rumor is there will be a bi-weekly Saturday a.m. tournament at the Arcade.

#9 89 days ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Sterns- Jurrasic Park,Star Wars,Beatles,Meteor,Mandolorian,Roller Coaster Tycoon,Avatar,Transformers,Batman 66,TMNT,Deadpool,Iron Maiden.
    Bally/Williams/Sega/American-Dr Who,Black Jack,Flash,Southpark,Hot Wheels,Pinbot,

Thanks I’ve added them, anyone can obviously edit the list if anything changes.

#10 89 days ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I hold small get togethers often and big tournaments on occasion.I warn new players about my gameroom as it's not for everyone. My house is the party house and not fit for children or overly religious folks,there will be heavy cannabis smoking and may be heavy drinking.

All good man. I’m a fan of all games and game rooms. :)Hopefully run into you at some point soon

#11 89 days ago

Thanks I’ve added them, anyone can obviously edit the list if anything changes.

Games are what’s important, and they have a good selection. More importantly, they are setup properly and working. If there is a problem, a note is on the machine with what’s wrong and an eta on repairs. I had fun playing the Qbert, Hot Wheels and Funhouse. Now the mall is another story and nothing to write home about. It’s pretty much dead, which sucks for the arcade and every other business that’s trying to survive in there. I worked there 25-30 years ago at the Babbages game store. It was struggling then, but no where near how it is now. Pandemic certainly wasn’t a great help. All malls are struggling in a big way. Hopefully this little mall can pull through and gain some new life. To it’s credit it looked clean and well maintained at least

#12 89 days ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Games are what’s important, and they have a good selection. More importantly, they are setup properly and working. If there is a problem, a note is on the machine with what’s wrong and an eta on repairs. I had fun playing the Qbert, Hot Wheels and Funhouse. Now the mall is another story and nothing to write home about. It’s pretty much dead, which sucks for the arcade and every other business that’s trying to survive in there. I worked there 25-30 years ago at the Babbages game store. It was struggling then, but no where near how it is now. Pandemic certainly wasn’t a great help. All malls are struggling in a big way. Hopefully this little mall can pull through and gain some new life. To it’s credit it looked clean and well maintained at least

Same with my arcade at my mall. It’s brutally dead most the time. It’s sad, and most malls really are digging their own graves and just robbing their tenants blind.

#13 89 days ago

All of Dave (ulekstore's) games are in top shape, he's a pin guy and it shows, cleans daily,! If your going, park at the movie theatre mail entrance and walk in, it's a few stores pass Ms. Fields cookies.

IMG_20210615_123238 (resized).jpg
    #14 89 days ago

Same with my arcade at my mall. It’s brutally dead most the time. It’s sad, and most malls really are digging their own graves and just robbing their tenants blind.

Well, I would hope that they would at least cut them a break on the rent. Malls as we (People of a certain age)know them are probably on their last gasping breaths unfortunately. Although what’s old is new again. Maybe they will cycle back around at some point. Enjoy it while it lasts I guess.

#15 89 days ago

Thank you TomN for visiting the arcade and for the kind words.

Current line up of games:

- Batman 66 Premium
    - Gottlieb's Strike N Spares
    - Transformers Pro
    - Deadpool Pro
    - Stern's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pro
    - The Mandalorian Pro
    - Roller Coaster Tycoon
    - South Park
    - Hot Wheels
    - Stern's Jurassic Park Pro
    - Stern's Star Wars Pro
    - Iron Maiden Pro
    - Funhouse
    - Doctor Who
    - PINBOT
    - Beatles Gold Edition
    - Williams Flash (SS)
    - Bally Black Jack (SS)
    - Meteor (SS)
    - America's Most Haunted

- Donkey Kong
    - Q-Bert
    - Tekken 4
    - Marvel vs Capcom 2
    - 20th Anniv Ms Pac-Man / Galaga
    - Dig-Dug
    - 4 player X-Men
    - 4 player NFL Blitz 2000 Gold Edition
    - Mario Bros

We opened on June 1, 2021 and we greatly appreciate all of the love and support that we received from the community.
    We truly appreciate each and every person who's visited the arcade so far.

-David and Leeann
    ULEK Pinball and Classic Arcade 01 (resized).jpgULEKstore Pinball and Classic Arcade 02 (resized).jpgULEKstore Pinball and Classic Arcade 03 (resized).jpgULEKstore Pinball and Classic Arcade 04 (resized).jpg

#16 88 days ago

I wish I’d known about this place earlier - I make the drive from my parents’ place in Toledo to my In-laws in Detroit ALL the time! Absolutely guarantee we’ll be stopping here

#17 86 days ago

Looking forward to checking out Mando and AMH. AMH especially as I've never been able to find one for some reason.

#18 86 days ago

I stopped in yesterday. The mall is a trip (mostly closed), and then you hit this really nice pinball arcade. Great machines in excellent shape - I got to play some Hot Wheels, TMNT and Mando Pro. The owner was really nice. Highly recommended!

2 months later
    #19 4 days ago

For anyone interested... we will be having our Stern Army Mandalorian pinball launch party this Saturday, September 18. 2021 at the arcade.

Doors open at 9am, 8 round group match play tournament will start promptly at 11am.

Tons of random door prizes to be given away in between rounds.

#20 4 days ago

Current line up of games as of 9-15-2021

Pinball Machines:
    - Batman 66 Premium
    - Gottlieb's Strike N Spares
    - Transformers Pro
    - Deadpool Pro
    - Stern's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pro
    - The Mandalorian Pro
    - Grand Slam
    - South Park
    - Hot Wheels
    - Stern's Jurassic Park Pro
    - Stern's Star Wars Pro
    - Iron Maiden Pro
    - Funhouse
    - Doctor Who
    - Willy Wonka (SE)
    - Beatles Gold Edition
    - Rocky and Bullwinkle
    - Bally Black Jack (SS)
    - Meteor (SS)
    - America's Most Haunted

Arcade Games:
    - Street Fighter II Champion Edition - Turbo
    - Tempest
    - Centipede/Millipede/Missile Command/Let's Go Bowling
    - Donkey Kong
    - Q-Bert
    - Tekken 4
    - Marvel vs Capcom 2
    - 20th Anniv Ms Pac-Man / Galaga
    - Dig-Dug
    - 4 player X-Men
    - 4 player NFL Blitz 2000 Gold Edition
    - Mario Bros
    - William's MultiCade (Robotron, Defender, Stargate, Bubbles, Moon Patrol, Splat, Sinistar, & Joust)
    - A MultiCade that rotates between games such as; The Simpsons, TMNT: Turtles in Time, Double Dragon, and 1,000's of other titles

#21 1 day ago

I for sure need to get back and play some more AMH...Is Wonka a recent add?

#22 9 hours ago
    Quoted from TomN:

I for sure need to get back and play some more AMH...Is Wonka a recent add?

Yes it is.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside