(Topic ID: 159442)

Uhaul 5x8 Covered Trailer. 2 pins fit?

By bax

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I am looking to pick up 2 pins. One is a wide body.
    Has anyone used an Uhaul 5x8 covered trailer to move 2 or more pins?
    Thoughts and experiences would be appreciated.

I moved 3 pins (2 on the base and one on its back) in a Uhaul years ago. I just can not remember the size.

Thanks

#2 7 years ago

yes. you can fit 2. for sure. What I cannot remember is the cutoff line on when you can stand them up. I think the 6x12 is the first one you can stand them up but I could be wrong.

#3 7 years ago

I moved 3 pins (1 widebody) in a 5x8 Uhaul. To my surprise, I could have probably fit 3 more.

#4 7 years ago

Thanks for the input. I thought that would work, you just never know with wheel well pop ups etc.
    Thanks again.

#5 7 years ago

I just did this on the weekend. Had one at the end going width wise laying flat, and two standing up on end against the one wall. Worked like a charm!

#6 7 years ago

I don't think the 5x8 should have inside wheelwells. Usually enclosed trailers don't have inside wheelwells until they get to 7' wide and wider.

#7 7 years ago

I did a Bally Paragon and 2 W/B Games. No problem.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Starwriter:

I don't think the 5x8 should have inside wheelwells. Usually enclosed trailers don't have inside wheelwells until they get to 7' wide and wider.

I had a 5x8 this weekend. No wheel wells.

#9 7 years ago

I moved 3 using the 5x8 no prob

#10 7 years ago

Thanks again. I just booked the 5x8 and heading out in a few days to grab a couple more pins!
    Hard to beat pick up day!!

#11 7 years ago

While you can easily fit them in that trailer, those trailers are NOT necessarily waterproof. I have had them leak on me multiple times. I strongly suggest putting a tarp on the bottom, games on that, and then put a tarp over it as well. You don't need to go crazy since you won't get driving water like you would in an uncovered trailer plus your tarps won't be in the wind causing issues that way, but it makes sense to take a few extra steps to keep your stuff dry.

Jaz

1 month later
    #12 7 years ago

Does anyone know if you can get two standard WPC in the 4X8 trailer or do you need to go to the 5X8?

#13 7 years ago

I don't think so..........I don't believe the 4x8 is tall enough to stand the pin on edge. Definetly not big enough to fit two in side by side laying flat either.

#14 7 years ago

The only issue I have with uhaul trailers, is the tie down points aren't best located to secure pins. You need to get creative to keep them from moving around.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

The only issue I have with uhaul trailers, is the tie down points aren't best located to secure pins. You need to get creative to keep them from moving around.

Yeah, I usually go real heavy on the moving blankets to pack them in. Also have used sofa cushions etc.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/uhaul-5x8-covered-trailer-2-pins-fit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.