Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jasonp
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6968 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0117 (resized).JPG
    He_Man_Woman_Haters_Club (resized).png
    022fe344be581100190e37cfa0246e14 (resized).jpg
    0330-main-kourtney-khloe-kardashian-pinball-2 (resized).jpg
    the-fish-factory-Blue (resized).png
    Screenshot_4961 (resized).png
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Always nice to get some new pub about pinball, but I don't know if I would have necessarily picked this group to promote it:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/03/30/khloe-kourtney-kardashian-girlfriends-pinball-squad/

If it only didn't involve the Kardashian clan.

#2 7 years ago

First lesson main stream needs to learn. Simply standing in front of a pinball machine does not make you a "pinball wizard".

#3 7 years ago

Kardashians for President!

#4 7 years ago

Phew. I thought this was gonna be some news about a "pricing bubble!"

#5 7 years ago

Should of closed the tab as soon as I saw "PINBALL PU$$IES"...

The comment section was horrendous too but thankfully at least one pinball pun by somebody who even remotely knows pinball.

Screenshot_4961 (resized).pngScreenshot_4961 (resized).png

#6 7 years ago

I hope some pinsiders got laid that night. Sorry this is how my brain works now.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I hope some pinsiders got laid that night. Sorry this is how my brain works now.

I'd have to think over that one... A little too much silicone for my tastes

Also, who knows how many previous explorers have been there.

the-fish-factory-Blue (resized).pngthe-fish-factory-Blue (resized).png

#8 7 years ago

So when does the reality show start?
    Ugh.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I hope some pinsiders got laid that night.

I don't think I could get drunk enough to sleep with a Kardashian, and if I did I'd probably wake up next to Caitlyn

#10 7 years ago

Oldschoolneo you almost deserve a thumbs down for posting this. Now those media/internet pigs-hounds are involved with Pinball. Hopefully it is just todays news, and it will all blow over by tomorrow. We do not need these plastic people mentioned on this site. YUCK!

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

We do not need these plastic people mentioned on this site.

They have what you call "repro parts" LOL

#12 7 years ago

Coming soon, the CPR Kardashians plastics set...

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

They have what you call "repro parts" LOL

Ya, can't see being interested in purchasing their mods

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Ya, can't see being interested in purchasing their mods

I prefer factory original pop-bumpers!

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Phew. I thought this was gonna be some news about a "pricing bubble!"

Yes, the 500,000+ young women in the 18-34 demographic who watch this show will start pumping up the prices to unsustainable levels, pricing out the 35-60 men demographic from the hobby... then we'll see the bottom fall out when people start dumping their basement collections to try to make a quick $30k on a World Cup Soccer.

#17 7 years ago

I know there are women out there who are or will be interested in pinball. They will also likely get better collections than me. I met a girl once who had a nice Tron. Bad ass I don't have one of those.

I think we all need to make them welcome and help them leave thier money in our hobby.
    (Just like we do)

#19 7 years ago

Wow. I don't understand who can ever watch keeping up with the Kardashians. Who cares what is going on in their classless fake lives!!! It's poison for the brain that show...

#20 7 years ago

10k by Christmas!

#21 7 years ago

These girls gross me out too but this may be a good thing to bring more people in; at least until the next cool thing shows up next week...

#22 7 years ago

Here are a few thoughts.

Can not fathom a teenager going up to their parents and asking, 'What is a Pinball Pu$$y?'

8 women in that linked photo playing 5 pins. Sad sad sad... a couple of Kardashians and their happy friends.

That barcade owner should be thrilled to see them there.

#23 7 years ago

Some of the most popular women on the planet are taking pictures with pinball machines. Can someone remind me why this is a bad thing?

#24 7 years ago

0330-main-kourtney-khloe-kardashian-pinball-2 (resized).jpg0330-main-kourtney-khloe-kardashian-pinball-2 (resized).jpg

#25 7 years ago

someone better spray those shooter rods with lysol.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Some of the most popular women on the planet are taking pictures with pinball machines. Can someone remind me why this is a bad thing?

I wouldn't say most popular....most fake,most ewwhh...

Sorry, but thats the first time I cringed over anything pinball and women.

#27 7 years ago

I understand the feeling of something you love and hold dear as a niche being exploited and co-opted by the media risking a huge influx of people and turning something very quickly into a blown out fad. When I was in high school I was huge into local third wave ska bands. Almost anyone I talked to had no idea what ska was.

Then real big fish comes along, and MTV, people start writing about it, attributing bands like smashmouth as part of the big new wave of ska (which made people like me furious) Suddenly it was in commercials, it was everywhere and everyone HATED it, and rightfully so. It wasn't fun anymore, it wasn't special. The bands all dried up in like five years and ska virtually disappeared for a decade.

I empathize with people not wanting something fake and phony like the Kardashians as a spokesperson for the hobby. This will be the first time thousands of people will have heard of pinball in years, it's not exactly who you want to have as a mouthpiece (pun intended)

I like when I hear that someone like Jason sudekis got a new WOZ more than this. It's not so much a celebrity liking pinball, it's THAT kind of celebrity that's only famous for a sex tape and reality show. They are on different levels.

I know this is a ridiculous amount of thought to put into this so I will also say I don't think it's a huge deal at the same time. I'm older now and that whole "punk rock ethic" of never selling out just doesn't jibe with me anymore. I mean who cares? I have met the guy that owns the place they filmed at and he's super nice and I hope this brings him more customers, more power to the little guy I say.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I wouldn't say most popular....most fake,most ewwhh...
    Sorry, but thats the first time I cringed over anything pinball and women.

Is this better?

022fe344be581100190e37cfa0246e14 (resized).jpg022fe344be581100190e37cfa0246e14 (resized).jpg

#30 7 years ago

[Pinball Pigs] would have been a better suited name.

#31 7 years ago

GET... FUNKY

Not a fan of the Kardashians at all. But...

-I'm a fan of AYCE Gogi (where this was filmed)
    -I'm a fan of Mr. Nazari, the proprietor of AYCE Gogi
    -I'm a fan of how much Mr. Nazari contributes to the So. Cal. pinball scene
    -I'm a fan of women playing pinball
    -I'm a fan of pinball getting recognition

So, the positives way outweigh the negatives. Please try to contain yourself from the "OMG THE PINBALL SKY IS FALLING" refrain because I assure you this isn't the case.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Is this better?

Actually, yes

Cornelius, you are very right about plubicity for pinball and the local guy/place. Good for them...still can't stand those girls or hearing about them...or seeing them.

#33 7 years ago

Time for an emergency meeting of G.R.O.S.S.!

#34 7 years ago

He_Man_Woman_Haters_Club (resized).pngHe_Man_Woman_Haters_Club (resized).png

#35 7 years ago

It smells old in here.

#36 7 years ago

So they are making an extra wide booty pinball machine themed after the Kardashians?

I'd rather have a Kavorkian.

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

It smells old in here.

Old and wise, wouldn't touch them with 3 salami jackets strapped on.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Time for an emergency meeting of G.R.O.S.S.!

No Calvin & Hobbes fans?

That was their private treehouse club, Get Rid Of Slimy girlS.

#40 7 years ago

Much ado about nothing.

#41 7 years ago

Been going on for decades ... stand your ground ahahaha

IMG_0117 (resized).JPGIMG_0117 (resized).JPG

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So they are making an extra wide booty pinball machine themed after the Kardashians?
    I'd rather have a Kavorkian.

With a center drain the size of a bowling ball?

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sputnik:

With a center drain the size of a bowling ball?

And no CPU...............

#44 7 years ago

It's kind of just pathetic that they think they're attractive enough to label their group that night as such. I think they're oblivious to the difference of people being entertained by them for negative reasons and people being entertained by them for positive reasons. There's a difference between laughing with someone and laughing at someone.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from gurl_friday11:

Been going on for decades ... stand your ground ahahaha

Even at 50+ years old now, Brooke's still looking better.....

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremy8419:

There's a difference between laughing with someone and laughing at someone.

Somehow I don't think they mind it. I wish I could get laughed at for the kind of money they make!

#47 7 years ago

What might be interesting is the actual episode. Anyone know when that is airing or has aired?

I still say a pinsider better have gotten laid.

#48 7 years ago

Personally, I can't even recognize the Kardashians in that picture. Proud moment for me!

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

GET... FUNKY
    Not a fan of the Kardashians at all. But...
    -I'm a fan of AYCE Gogi (where this was filmed)
    -I'm a fan of Mr. Nazari, the proprietor of AYCE Gogi
    -I'm a fan of how much Mr. Nazari contributes to the So. Cal. pinball scene
    -I'm a fan of women playing pinball
    -I'm a fan of pinball getting recognition
    So, the positives way outweigh the negatives. Please try to contain yourself from the "OMG THE PINBALL SKY IS FALLING" refrain because I assure you this isn't the case.

Thank you for this, one of those ladies is my wife and those are her friends...definitely not going to stop them from coming to play pinball or eat at AYCE.
    thank you all for the kind words, nobody playing or promoting pinball would ever change my loyalty or love for the hobby.

#50 7 years ago

I am pretty sure that I heard no publicity is bad publicity.

I'll be meeting you at your league next season I hope. I just need to get better, and be able to drive again.

You bet your ass Chloe will not receive complaints from me if she wants to play. I am a very half full kind of guy.

I like women at my pinball, I don't care why. Thanks for giving the fans a place to play. And a shitload of new games too!

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/uh-oh-this-hobby-might-be-doomed?hl=jeremy8419 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.