oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif
Untitled-2.jpg
groundhogday_happy.jpg
lol.gif
image-288.jpg
IMG_20141103_223910.jpg
Uncle_Phil.jpg
Phil.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#126 9 years ago

Didn't Phil handle the deposits?

Yeah looks like he did: Charge will appear on your credit card statement as "PAYPAL *DUTCHPINBAL"
Payment sent to [email protected]

#127 9 years ago

I never received this parting email.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

check your junk box mine was in there

Yeah its not there, they must still be behind.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's a joke right? Haha The marketing guy is the bookkeeper too.
I got the email............."As many of you know, I have been a professor of Marketing and a Marketing Consultant for the majority of my adult life, working in the US Military, with the Swiss Government and for many for profit companies and not-for-profit organizations. But the hardest, most creative, and probably the most fucked up job has been here, with you. "
Bizarre?

No I'm serious. Looks like it was at least handled through Phil's email. Is that normal?

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Generally yes.. Emails came from Phil's address

Ok I wasn't sure. It would seem if you have a company all money wouldn't be directed through one guys paypal account.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sketchy for sure, maybe tied to that somehow? Well, I'm sure we'll be able to fill at least a thousand posts speculating here, like SkitB, before we get any kind of real actual update?

True, are our deposits safe?

#147 9 years ago

IMG_20141103_223910.jpgIMG_20141103_223910.jpg

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from SkiBall:

Yeah Im seriously thinking the same, but Im not so confident that if I cancel Ill get my money back.
Speaking of which how does one cancel anyway? Through PayPal?

If you paid through paypal I think you have like 6 months now to get your money back.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Phil nothing more than a marketing guy? I am not quite sure how his departure changes anything as he wasn't actualy part of the team that will design/build the TBL. The game speaks for it self I don't think it needs a guy carpet bombing F bombs to sell it.

Youre right but they need someone to handle pr and emails cause they seem to be dropping the ball on communication.

#162 9 years ago

Well since I paid with paypal DP are on a 45 day clock to prove they can be trusted in holding my money. So far all ive seen is poor communication and an employee bailing after a successful expo.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Just talked with Barry and all VIP's should get another NSN from DP later today.

Yeah except its not all because I havent received an email from them yet. I think if you purchased on Oct. 19 they havent even added you to the VIP bank of customers.

#325 9 years ago

Im not sure why this is a big deal?

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

well... i'm going to the Houston show. it's a blast by the way...
and if that pin was there & i saw that it was as nice as what i heard from a few others, it was likely i was going to put $ money $ down on it this weekend.
but now... exec quits, company cancels on awesome show at very last minute... don't think i'll be buying in the next year.
so, i guess it kinda does matter ? maybe i'm not alone in folks who were going to the show? i dunno...
just noodling

Im not saying you don't have a valid concern but Im speaking of how this a big deal on DP as a whole?

#329 9 years ago

Yeah sorry you don't get a chance to play it. If it were me and I didnt get the discounted price with added extras I wouldnt buy until its released but that's me. I don't see any benefit in getting one right now.

#331 9 years ago

Was DP supposed to have a seminar?

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i think so, and bring 1 or more pins?

The must be really uncomfortable speaking to a crowd since English isnt their first language. Only reason I could think that they would cancel.

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nailed it.
Neither one of these events (Phil leaving, canceling their plans to go to the Houston show) are a necessarily a "big deal" on their own, but they certainly aren't meaningless either.
When you have the main voice of DP/TBL suddenly leave the company without warning or explanation, and you immediately follow that up with a sudden cancelation of their planned appearance at a show which would have been a chance to show people that they are moving on, you get the opposite. I.e, this isn't exactly a sign of stability.

Or that is the reason they had to cancel, Phil leaving threw a wrench in their plans and they haven't had a chance rehearse the seminar on their own since Phil was the mouth piece.

#340 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

or maybe he was going to be the only guy to represent at the show?

Yeah maybe, I would like to know why they canceled though.

#396 9 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I visited chicago and DPO and can tell you i saw several ball hang ups in Chicago and none at DPO
So the new subways work
Good work DP

This is great news, things are heading in the right direction.

#437 9 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

The Dutch speak English gooder than most Americans. Actually, so does most of Europe...

Well this explains why we can't understand them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/uh-oh-phil-leaving-dp?tu=kcpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.