oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif
Untitled-2.jpg
groundhogday_happy.jpg
lol.gif
image-288.jpg
IMG_20141103_223910.jpg
Uncle_Phil.jpg
Phil.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#110 9 years ago

WTF, I just saw this!

I really liked the F bomb dude.

F ing BOUTIQUE, beginning to wonder if its even possible!

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I still think that an email from the DP team indicating who is the new contact person going forward would be appreciated. I realize that replacing Phil's position will take some time. It does give me some pause as well. The impression he gave at EXPO was how excited he was and about future DP titles. It did not seem like someone with a foot out of the door. I just want to hear about the go fwd plans, especially prior to the third down payment milestone in Jan.

No shit, wtf is going on round here Maybe Phil is going to work with SkitB?

#113 9 years ago

Has anybody requested a refund based on this announcement?

Yes I know he was never gonna make the pin but how do you go from Expo excitement from Phil to walking out the door two weeks later?

It may look and sound amicable but damn, there is no doubt, things change big time when the $$$ starts flowing.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Phil was absolutely critical to DP's success to date, and TWD in particular. I really enjoyed a hand grenade being tossed into the dusty old repetitive and predicable pinball landscape at EXPO. Phill will be missed... but DP will be fine.

No doubt, Phil did a great job marketing this pin. Successful businesses that are growing expand labor, especially roles that the other guys can't fill, not contract it.

Maybe they didn't meet sales goals/expectations to keep him?

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Maybe JPOP stole him away

Haha, that gave me a great laugh for tonight Bill! But you know what maybe that's what Jpop needs, the "Phil factor"

Actually, these guys will be in Houston this weekend, now I feel like I should skip my daughter's vball tourney and get my ass over there and find out for myself what's going on!

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Didn't Phil handle the deposits?

That's a joke right? Haha The marketing guy is the bookkeeper too.

I got the email............."As many of you know, I have been a professor of Marketing and a Marketing Consultant for the majority of my adult life, working in the US Military, with the Swiss Government and for many for profit companies and not-for-profit organizations. But the hardest, most creative, and probably the most fucked up job has been here, with you. "

Bizarre?

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Ok I wasn't sure. It would seem if you have a company all money wouldn't be directed through one guys paypal account.

Sketchy for sure, maybe tied to that somehow? Well, I'm sure we'll be able to fill at least a thousand posts speculating here, like SkitB, before we get any kind of real actual update?

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Who's Phil?

phil-jackson.jpgphil-jackson.jpg

aka "The Jesus"

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Agreed! Maybe it's good that he gets replaced as he seems to have been doing a poor job with the email/communication end of things.

Whether it is the marketing guy or not, poor job with communication is an indictment on the OWNERS of the company, and maybe that's why he's gone but with the whole Bop 2.0 mess and now this without a real response from the people who run the company.

STUPID, maybe they went to the SkitB and Jpop school of communication, if so, that ain't gonna work for me. I don't get why we consumers bend over backwards to make excuses for these guys and try and always rationalize what is happening.

Need to see some sense of organization here very soon or I'll just wait and pay for the chrome and rug later and cancel this up front mess.

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Kc,
I just talked to Barry. Email them. They have orders and bank statements but are trying to match up who is who and what email after the barrage of sales from the show.
I now feel 100% good about things. Will miss the guy but in the end the game is the game and it's not like he was building it. DP is and they are hard at work .
Life... It happens

Sounds better. Looking at their website and their roster of employees it looks pretty good. Let's see what happens over the next week or so.

Are they still going to Houston?

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

I decided to leave Dutch Pinball.
They are now in the software phase, and will still build and deliver a good machine.

Why did you decide to leave? A ton of other pinball makers out there to fix their lousy marketing!

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thank you. WHY you left is nobody's business except your own.
Enjoy the next phase in your life...

Well Ted, he inserted himself into the conversation here. I asked the question, how about letting him decide if he wants to answer. Thx

This isn't SkitB

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Disagree. It's no one business other than the principles involved.

Totally disagree. A boutique pinball maker trying to deliver their first pin ought to treat it like a publicly traded company. Guess what, we are funding the build. You want to say that about Stern, fine. These guys, no way.

To defend non disclosure and non transparency makes zero sense.

That said, I fully expect to get a nice update and we move on just like Jpop and unlike SkitB

#217 9 years ago

Me too Aurich. Period. Your opinion is one of the ones that swayed me in

The reason I enjoy funding these startups is to help these guys further great pinball. If there is gonna be BS involved I can wait and buy after the fact. Let's hope we don't have licensing issues again. Either way, need to know.

"My concerns now are mostly about the licenses, and the big role that Phil had in those. If the line is going to be that "Phil was just the marketing guy, and didn't affect the game" then I'm going to feel like the company is lying to us, and that's not going to leave a good taste in my mouth.
I need reassurances that the license situation is handled with Phil gone, period."

#219 9 years ago

Well we will see what they have to say in Houston as well Kim.

Are you saying Phil had sex with one of the partners wives? Surely he didn't kill somebody

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

thats your fault.

It's my choice, not my fault, I can and will change my choice if I don't like what I hear

#228 9 years ago

Frankly, I explained my original decision and why I fund these pre orders.

You just said the magic words, it's how they react that will define them. I didn't have the luxury of meeting these guys at Expo and don't know or care about all the details surrounding Bop 2.0

Whether it's SkitB, Jpop, JJP, Heighway, DP or whoever I am helping fund a build, happily so, if there is a "change" in attitude or communication that doesn't get addressed then I'll just do what I should have done in the first place, get a refund and wait it out.

To each his own, my BS meter and tolerance level is running on empty right now. Whatever floats your boat!

Dude, that's all we do is cut slack. I'm waiting like everybody else

#319 9 years ago

F it Ladies! I dusted off my bowling bag, yep, us bowling nerds carry two balls, one for spare shooting

Felt good, even though I nearly pulled a hammy. See bowling really is a sport!

LET'S BOWL

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nailed it.
Neither one of these events (Phil leaving, canceling their plans to go to the Houston show) are a necessarily a "big deal" on their own, but they certainly aren't meaningless either.
When you have the main voice of DP/TBL suddenly leave the company without warning or explanation, and you immediately follow that up with a sudden cancelation of their planned appearance at a show which would have been a chance to show people that they are moving on, you get the opposite. I.e, this isn't exactly a sign of stability.

Maybe because the remaining crew can't speak English to a certain level that makes sense?

Smart people realize that it "isn't a sign of stability".......

Definitely zero reason for me to go to Houston on Saturday!

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I would have volunteered to be their temporary Spokesdude for the Houston show.

Yeah, I know you would have done a great job RTR! Maybe they need you as the US rep.

#418 9 years ago

Great news!

What's the story with the t-shirts?

I'm gonna need a XXL, how much?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 21.95
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

15,000 (OBO)
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/uh-oh-phil-leaving-dp?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.