(Topic ID: 186898)

Uh oh, are newer pins dropping in price?

By ZMeny

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 169 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Tsskinne
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1679 (resized).JPG
    mikey_life (resized).jpg
    mark-hamill-to-announce-a-corvette-summer-sequel-in-england-jpeg-55333 (resized).jpg
    NEdg55VBdeO9gd_1_b (resized).jpg
    1njbm8 (resized).jpg
    poll (resized).jpg
    IMG_1710 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1677 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 7 years ago

I've heard this same thing many times over the years. There are instances where a larger number of used pins hit the market around the same time and that causes a temporary dip in prices. You know, its that thing called supply and demand. Right now its because there are a number of interesting new games coming out and people are dumping games to free up space/funds. Once that supply is soaked back up, prices correct, it always does. The only exception it seems to this is when a remake comes out. Prices typically correct to remake price point, unless that remake is higher than the original used selling price (BDK).

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Just wait until the sell off to fund Star Wars...I'll be waiting with cash in hand

While its hard not to get excited about such a great theme, what if its a turd? I highly doubt I'll even buy one on the first run, but we'll see. We know with Stern, that if the game is a hit, they will be running them for at least two years.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Also the prices are STARTING so high...they're being sold at what used to be the "in demand scalper price" before any demand is actually known.

Plus the pool of buyers for 8k plus games is smaller than 4-5k games. But they are making more and more 8k+ games, heck even 12k super duper LEs. I think the hobby has shown it can sustain 6-7k priced titles. Beyond that is still a huge unknown. I do have some doubts, but I also remember saying that my limit was 6k several years ago, but now have deposits down on two 8k games. WTF

#57 7 years ago

How do we know its going to be after the original trilogy? What if instead of a Darth Vader LE its a Kylo Ren LE? Does that make it go for slightly less?

NEdg55VBdeO9gd_1_b (resized).jpgNEdg55VBdeO9gd_1_b (resized).jpg

#138 7 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Met premium loaded with colordmd just sold asking was 6200. Those things have held steady at 6400 without colordmd for a while. I don't know

It must have been that Met remake rumor taking a bite out of prices. Kidding of course.

Seriously though, that was a great deal and why it lasted for about 1 hour before it sold.

#149 7 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

FFS TBK not every post needs to be a novel! I think you have some great info to share but honestly I have never made it thru the first paragraph

Same. I read the first paragraph (maybe 2) and move on. You have to be able to make your points in fewer words.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/uh-oh-are-newer-pins-dropping-in-price?tu=bigdaddy07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.