(Topic ID: 186898)

Uh oh, are newer pins dropping in price?

By ZMeny

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 169 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Tsskinne
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1679 (resized).JPG
    mikey_life (resized).jpg
    mark-hamill-to-announce-a-corvette-summer-sequel-in-england-jpeg-55333 (resized).jpg
    NEdg55VBdeO9gd_1_b (resized).jpg
    1njbm8 (resized).jpg
    poll (resized).jpg
    IMG_1710 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1677 (resized).PNG
    There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 7 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Great... someone sell me a HUO Met pro for $4500 please...to dismiss this theory!

Actually I picked mine up for that price 6 months ago with shaker, leds, purple powder coated armor, FF speakers and a bunch of other mods. So it looks like prices are going up not down.

#152 7 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Actually I picked mine up for that price 6 months ago with shaker, leds, purple powder coated armor, FF speakers and a bunch of other mods. So it looks like prices are going up not down.

Someone took a big loss on that sale. That's not the kind of sale representative of the market.

#153 7 years ago

You should totally sell that to me before the bottom falls out. No need to thank me...you can owe me a favorite

Quoted from arcademojo:

#154 7 years ago

Here is an simple explanation for longer posts.

Pinball like many things, you can not explain or solve a problem in a single sentence.
    There is absolutely no value is speaking like Gorgar.
    If you could, there would be no problems.
    All one sentence answers lead to is more questions, misunderstanding, or conflict.
    People learn nothing from the time reading.
    What I have found from experience is if I write out a response properly on forums with detail, it gets archived for future reference when searched.
    Often times, if a reader looks closely they will see I have a BLUF (bottom line up front).

I post for education, not entertainment.

Otherwise, posts will otherwise become useless white noise.
    I am not a conformist.

There is requested brevity.

#155 7 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Here is an explanation.
    Pinball like many things, you can not explain or solve a problem in a single sentence.
    All this leads to is more questions, misunderstanding, or conflict.
    What I have found from experience is if I write out a response properly on forums with detail, it gets archived for future reference when searched.
    Often times, if a reader looks closely they will see I have a BLUF (bottom line up front).
    Otherwise, most posts is simply useless white noise.

Your posts are entertaining as hell, the world needs more pinball philosophers with a WPM of 500.

"To hell with brevity, keep on speaking your mind TBK."
    -GorillaBiscuits

#156 7 years ago

Here is an simple explanation for longer posts.
    If you could, there would be no problems.
    All one sentence answers lead to is more questions, misunderstanding, or conflict.
    People learn nothing from the time reading.

"I add detail to make my point more clear."

I post for education, not entertainment.
    Otherwise, posts will otherwise become useless white noise.
    I am not a conformist.

"It's easier to find in searches."

Could be shorter. You do tend to talk in one sentence statements.

#157 7 years ago

The TBK Pinside diatribes are pontificating about pinball and not really that informative anymore because he has repeated them so often. They are extremey repeative and really do qualify for the Pinside broken record clause. The repeative historical posts are not helpful anymore because they are so repeative. Like this post.

#158 7 years ago

I did not realize my education attempts were so useless.

Members might decide to read the front page of PinSide and outside of these forums.
    If people do a little digging there may be a surprise what they find and how I word articles.
    The subjects are quite broad and diverse but is dependent on my time.
    Many years ago there was a whole entire community that provided vast amounts of knowledge, the wisdom that new owners take for granted.
    Now only a few really want to try.

If members do not want to read, "It's just a fuse."

#159 7 years ago

Members might decide to read the front page of PinSide and outside of these forums.
    You might be surprised what they find and how I word articles.
    The subjects are quite broad and diverse dependent on my time.
    If you do not want to read, "It's just a fuse."

I read your posts in the voice of HAL from 2001.

IMG_1679 (resized).JPGIMG_1679 (resized).JPG

#160 7 years ago

If people do a little digging there may be a surprise what they find and how I word articles.
    The subjects are quite broad and diverse but is dependent on my time.
    Many years ago there was a whole entire community that provided vast amounts of knowledge, the wisdom that new owners take for granted.
    Now only a few really want to try.
    If members do not want to read, "It's just a fuse."

............or, change the caps - use a cap kit - AARRGGGGGG

#161 7 years ago

Mud flaps... OMG, nearly soiled myself laughing. I was using Charlie Brown adult voice... No offence BlackKnight... even the pig-mys found that one funny right there.

#162 7 years ago

I've never found out if TBK's posts are educational because my wee little mind locks up, freezes but luckily my thumb comes to the rescue and quickly swipes up on my phone.

#163 7 years ago

Even more than the length is they're a bit too...how do I say this delicately...Condescending as shit?

I love them personally but yeah...they can be a bit much.

Now, here is what is really back to the point at hand.
    When it comes to explaining the market, it is not about just new game pricing that drives market values.
    If people are really interested in understanding the market, start doing research.
    Read all the resources you can on how this industry works.

This is like the 8-10 paragraphs in...basically telling people to go do some homework on the very subject they're learning aboot in the thread.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes people are interested in talking to people whether MM is better than AFM. I understand to you this subject is competently irrelevant, but this is a message board; not microfichery.

1 week later
    #165 6 years ago

There are 19 Hobbits currently in the marketplace. Once the new pins are rolling/announced I expect even lower prices, at least for that title.

#166 6 years ago

Is it me or will popularity or and game play eventually take over. AC/DC is going up in value. Everyone wants a WoZ but doesn't want to pay the entry fee. Won't the market eventually determine price? If there are pins no longer being made that everyone wants won't they eventually go up in price? The market sets the price.?!?!?

#167 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Is it me or will popularity or and game play eventually take over. AC/DC is going up in value. Everyone wants a WoZ but doesn't want to pay the entry fee. Won't the market eventually determine price? If there are pins no longer being made that everyone wants won't they eventually go up in price? The market sets the price.?!?!?

AC/DC not going up in price....seems to have relinquished title to MET and AS, popularity wise, in music pinworld. WOZ is JJP's landmark game, period. It will always command a premium, and people still buying them.

I have no real data to pull from, but it feels like the hobby is more expensive as a whole, than just 5 years ago....maybe just me...

#168 6 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

I have no real data to pull from, but it feels like the hobby is more expensive as a whole, than just 5 years ago....maybe just me...

With older pins doubling, some even tripling in price over that time, I'd say your feeling is spot on.

Wish I'd have rekindled my love of pinball a few years sooner, when TZs were $1500, etc.

#169 6 years ago

I don't think its an issue. Certain titles that have been less popular for whatever reason have come down slightly from NIB prices, while other titles have held value, and some have even come up. As new collectors have joined the limited supply market it seems lower b/c titles have gone up like Baywatch and WWFRR, and then other titles have held or come down a bit like WH20 or Shadow. Having remakes out there of MM and soon AFM also hurt other games with higher values that many feel could be future remakes. I still see some of the brand new stuff listed at NIB or higher prices though as there is an Alien listed on here at $8500 NIB (not physically delivered yet so seems like a bad idea) and then in my home state of Indiana there has been an Aerosmith pro on craigslist for weeks now at $6500 while I was quoted $1500 lower than that on a price from a very reputable distributor that I have bought from before. Bottom line people are going to get the most for their games that they can, and some titles they won't be able to get as much as they'd like partially due to so many new games and partially due to a variety of other factors.

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/48961

There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/uh-oh-are-newer-pins-dropping-in-price/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.