You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180728_141615 (resized).jpg
e8db614f9672f13e6c284d9dddbb50e92ffee889.jpg
#1 5 years ago

I thought I had it fixed in this topic:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-action-baseball-won-t-start-a-game-

It's been a while since I played it, before I tried today I waxed the playfied and replaced a bunch of bulbs. It's set to free play but when I plugged it in I noticed that the light above the start button wasn't on. I pressed the start button, the control motor does one score reset cycle, stops, and that's it. It won't pitch a ball, the player one and inning light don't light. If I press start again it does one more rest cycle and stops with the same results. Tripping the game over relay doesn't start a game, it twitches, the third out relay (I think) clicks and then the game over relay relatches. I replaced the bulb above the start button but it's still not working.

I've been looking at the schematics but I'm stumped

e8db614f9672f13e6c284d9dddbb50e92ffee889.jpge8db614f9672f13e6c284d9dddbb50e92ffee889.jpg
#2 5 years ago

Posting the schematic when there's a copy available elsewhere, like IPDB, doesn't add any light to the situation, and just makes it harder to scroll back and forth in your forum thread.
https://www.ipdb.org/files/14/Williams_1971_Action_Baseball_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf

Next, let's make sure our terminology about the Game Over relay is correct.

Quoted from Action53:

Tripping the game over relay doesn't start a game

Quoted from Action53:

then the game over relay relatches

The Game Over relay should latch at game reset, and should trip at the end of game.
The Game Over Trip coil has a Red&Yellow wire, and the Latch coil has a Black&White wire.

Is that what you mean by trip and latch for the Game Over relay?

#4 5 years ago

Wait, I'm an idiot. The two Jones plugs circled were backwards. I just remembered I unplugged them when I took the head off to try to reach in the back.

I feel silly now

20180728_141615 (resized).jpg20180728_141615 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ugh-williams-action-baseball-won-t-start-a-game-again- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.