Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by kvan99
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Miknan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

JD mostly working good but once in a great while the game would act crazy; one of the flippers wouldn't work and the display would lock. Someone suggested replacing all the ribbon cables so I did. Being new to this is was a bit harder than I thought. The new cables are stiff and they didn't push on very easily which I guess would be a good thing if I put them on straight. I wished I had tested the pin after replacing each cable that way I could of pinpointed which cable caused a problem should there be one. Anyway, after replacing all the ribbon cables the display was all dots and while there were lights, hitting the start button would not start a game.

I put all the old cables back on. With all the difficulty I had putting the new cables on I was sure I must have bent a pin somewhere but I don't see any. With the original cables on, the display now works and the game starts but none of the four flippers work. I've reseated the cables three times and it hasn't helped. I looked at all the fuses and they look good. I pulled two off the fliptronics board and they tested ok. The rest of the fuses I put my meter on them without pulling them and they tested fine. I'm not sure if you can test them this way. I checked all the other solenoids in the test mode and they all fire. I guess I'm not sure what else to do. I'm sure I should be checking voltages to the flippers somewhere but I'm not sure where. While I wait and hope for some help I'll keep reading stuff on here and elsewhere on the internet. Thanks in advance for any help.

Oh, one more thing they I'm not sure is relevant. There is an external box with the batteries dangling down the side. It use to be taped to the cabinet at one time but now is just hanging there. I moved it over a couple times. When I turned the game on it was set back to factory settings.

#3 10 years ago

Ok. I'll have to pull each fuse. Is the best way to get them to just pry from one end or grasp it with some needle nose plyers and pull? If they check out fine do you have any other suggestions? It seems to me I must have damaged a pin somewhere while replacing the ribbon cables but visually they all look ok. I double and tripled checked each cable pin one was correct on each end.

#4 10 years ago

Fuses are unfortunately ok.

#7 10 years ago

Would the pin be obviously bent, like in flattened out? Seems if the connector goes on and it's not lined up it would badly bend it. If everything works except completely dead flippers does that mean that it has to coming from the fliptronics board or not necessarily?

#9 10 years ago

Anybody have any idea what connector it's likely to be?

#11 10 years ago

Neither flippers not flipper coil work.

#14 10 years ago

Everything works except the flippers which do not show up in the switch test nor does the flipper solenoid fire. It did before I messed with the cables. I've reseated them several times and have looked closely with a flashlight looking for a bent pin. There are a couple barely bent and putting the cable back on seems to fit on but I still have this problem. I'ts a little difficult to get a great view of the connectors on the left side of the machine because you have to look from the right and my eyes kind of suck. I need a magnifying glass to get a better look.

I've wrote Rob Anthony. What I do from there depends on the cost involved. Instead of spending all the money for repair if it's outrageous, I'm half tempted to use that money to put towards another Bally machine that has similar cards I can swap out to at least figure out which card has problmes because I could fix it from there I think.

#15 10 years ago

On a similar notes, what would be an inexpensive machine that I could swap cards out with Judge Dredd?

#21 10 years ago

I'll write him also. Thx.

#22 10 years ago

A pinball knowledgeable friend came over to look at my JD and in about literally 20 seconds he saw I was off a row or something. Works fine now. I reseated all the connectors at least 3 times and must have done it wrong every time. Jesus, I suck at this if I can't even put on a ribbon cable correctly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Miknan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ugh-need-help-again-please?tu=Miknan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.