(20 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2438148D-72F5-4B8E-AB39-E9CFFB7F5E43 (resized).jpeg
3A404ADB-3664-423E-967C-A68DB132E141 (resized).jpeg
32DB6247-1CA3-47D6-8FD2-4DD54A003B65 (resized).jpeg
81BE2F42-68B4-420C-B930-A5A2E3AE7F05 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Wife and family went off to some get together and i was all alone! For once. So i decided to play my rock solid bsd for awhile to relax on my one day off before the packers play.
Power up, and credit dot? Wtf. Acting like a missing ball. Open it up and theyre all there. Nothing hiding in the back right corner. Tests show magnet issue. Notice not loading a ball into mist position, ramp not popping up to load the ball. Open the back box and i see it right away. Ughhhhhh…….
Apparently having a day off to myself was too much to ask, especially for my bsd thats been trouble free for last five yrs. It decided TODAY was the day to let out the magic smoke. Burnt diode on driver board. Looks like D19, r82, r83. Flipped the board over and its right where an old repair was. I didnt remember noticing it before but i know I didnt do that one. So….its prob not a playfield issue, so i can replace the board and be up soon once i feel confident. Luckily i have a spare.
Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent. Was really forward to not stressing today.

32DB6247-1CA3-47D6-8FD2-4DD54A003B65 (resized).jpeg32DB6247-1CA3-47D6-8FD2-4DD54A003B65 (resized).jpeg81BE2F42-68B4-420C-B930-A5A2E3AE7F05 (resized).jpeg81BE2F42-68B4-420C-B930-A5A2E3AE7F05 (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

Seems like there is always something to be done.
Cranked up my Creech last week and there's a 5v issue.

#3 1 year ago

Ok family is great. But time alone when you have one is rare and precious. Don’t spend it repairing. Do something fun and relaxing you rarely get to do.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Seems like there is always something to be done.
Cranked up my Creech last week and there's a 5v issue.

That was the last problem for me. Rebuilt the bridges and caps and had been utterly reliable since. Now this. The 5v issue seems common and the multi layer boards can make it aggravating to fix.

#5 1 year ago

Welcome to my world. Except it only happens here when there's a party of pinball players.

John

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Welcome to my world. Except it only happens here when there's a party of pinball players.
John

I couldnt even fathom your workload sir!

#7 1 year ago

Sooo…. I popped in the backup board, but havent powered up yet. And i made a pot of chili (i kno chili doesnt have noodles, im using open stuff up). And im pre heating the oven for cornbread!

2438148D-72F5-4B8E-AB39-E9CFFB7F5E43 (resized).jpeg2438148D-72F5-4B8E-AB39-E9CFFB7F5E43 (resized).jpeg3A404ADB-3664-423E-967C-A68DB132E141 (resized).jpeg3A404ADB-3664-423E-967C-A68DB132E141 (resized).jpeg
#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Flipped the board over and its right where an old repair was.

Now you get to figure out why this is repeating so it won't happen again. I think you made Noodles in Chili Sauce.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:

Now you get to figure out why this is repeating so it won't happen again. I think you made Noodles in Chili Sauce.

Lol, cleaning out the cupboard. As for the damage, yes. It took yrs to manifest so i tend think the weak spot made it vulnerable rather than acute issue. I need to get a diagram and see what that controls.

#10 1 year ago

That's True Pot Luck... whatever is available ....works.
Good luck on the game .... we've all been there.
Cheers.

#11 1 year ago

you must really want to vent today if you watched the MVP play yesterday LOL .......remember an MVP is a winner that nobody likes AKA Tom Brady......NUFF SAID

#12 1 year ago

Sorry about your packers, afraid they may not be as easy to fix as your BSD.

#13 1 year ago

Sorry for your packers as I am an broncos fan my hopes finally this year rest on a QB hopefully our year, regardless you think your game is problems imagine working on a gun game no one knows how to fix called midway gangbusters? No one will even accept money to fix it?.

#14 1 year ago

I try to get people to play their pinball once a month.

Not because it really needs it, or that playing once a month keeps it working better, but because you find the hidden problems quicker!

My busy service time starts at Thanksgiving and goes until Christmas. At Thanksgiving they turn their pinball on and find the problem. Similarly, two weeks or one week before Christmas they turn their pinball on and find the problem.

I know it's frustrating to have to fix your pinball when you want to play your pinball!

Get a good repair here, and hopefully you wont have further problems for a long time.

#15 1 year ago

I feel ya man, my mist started acting up and I’m hoping I’ve narrowed it down to the opto board at this point. Yeah the game works without it but that kind of crap keeps me up at night until it’s fixed.

#16 1 year ago

Don't sweat it bro we'll be at Expo slammin beers and yellin at people in no time!
Can't wait!

#17 1 year ago

We were visiting our freshman at U of AZ this weekend. I wasn't real thrilled with a 10 am start for my Colts, but found a good spot by 3rd quarter.
Then right before Barney Googles doinked the goddam FG in OT, they change games.
We got that handled pretty quickly but goddamn, I was HOT, and we need a new fucking coach.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ugh-just-need-to-vent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.