(Topic ID: 4452)

UFC Pinball Machine?

By HighProtein

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Ultimate Fighting Championship Pinball machine: Good Idea or Bad Idea?

So far there have been basketball, baseball, football, soccer & racing themed pins.

MMA (mixed martial arts) and the big daddy in MMA the UFC
    have grown to huge heights in the past few years.
    The UFC is still growing and expanding worldwide.
    Every single UFC PPV event sells out crowds, as well as fills bars
    and clubs with fans who pay good money just to get into the doors.
    The current line-up of Champions are quite good
    and have proven to be good PPV/event draws.

I personally don't suggest a gimmick like Champion Pub.

I can fully envision this game being operated in bars/restaurants/clubs
    that order every single UFC ppv. If the game is challenging and fun
    then people will jump on it and compete while they wait for the PPV
    to start, during the pre-event bs and in-between every fight.

Any ideas?
    Any one dig the idea of a UFC pin?

1 Side note, UFC fighters are a lot more accessible than athletes in
    most other sports, so owners would be able to get autographs from
    most if not all of the current UFC fighters in the game.

#2 12 years ago

That is a very good idea. It would do very well in bars and sports bars since UFC is huge with males 21-35 which is the largest group of bar patrons.

The trick would be doing it right so it doesn't date itself when the fighters become old news. Someone like Lesnar on it would be a big risk if he can never fight again. GSP and Silva would be probably the best idea. Or maybe just not have any real life fighters at all and just have a MMA machine. That way the manufacture would save on licensing costs and could sell the machine for less.

Fighting your way up the ranks to the big final 5 round fight for the belt would be pretty epic.

#3 12 years ago

I am a big UFC, MMA fan.I would like it.
    Ground and pound multi- ball
    Submission mode
    KO mini wizard mode
    New heavy weight champion wizard mode

#4 12 years ago

I would buy it

#5 12 years ago

I'd fight you for it. Sorry, it had to be said. Sounds like a good idea, though...

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I'd fight you for it.

In this corner A Wrestler from Des Moines Iowa weighing in at 400 pounds "The Gorilla"

#7 12 years ago

I can see it now. Some roided up "jersey shore" reject in a tapout t-shirt smashes the glass as soon as the ball drains.

ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! ROIDS!!!!!!

#8 12 years ago

Dana White is quite the character and his ego would be pleased
    to know that he would be an active character in the game.

You could choose modes starting up like title run, ultimate fighter, etc...

If they set it up so you could change the champion playfield plastic pieces
    that would fix some of the issue with having updated champions in the games.

The fact is that I mostly see Big Buck Hunting games and Golf games at bars.
    Very few pinball machines and pinball is actually enjoyable.

10 months later
    #9 11 years ago

im all for it....im a HUGE UFC fan and their was a topic on pinside asking what pin titles you wished existed and a UFC pin was one of them......hell they made a wwf one which I own and is super fun why not a UFC one?!?!?!?! Just make sure if they do brittany palmer is on their!

#10 11 years ago

I'd play it on location.

#11 11 years ago

Would make a great pin to get newer people interested in pinball. As far as a getting into my collection, if the game plays great I would pick one up. Im not big on sports pins. I guess its the art and not being a big "main stream" sports fan. Im a huge MMA fan watching UFC1 on PPV in 1993. Thats when they did not fight just 1 fight. Gracie fought 3 fights to win the first ever UFC tournament. His 2nd fight of the night vs Shamrock and he submitted him with a choke within the first min.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from maldoror:

I can see it now. Some roided up "jersey shore" reject in a tapout t-shirt smashes the glass as soon as the ball drains.
    ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! ROIDS!!!!!!

+1

#13 11 years ago

i'd buy one.

#14 11 years ago

I don't like themes that date themselves quickly. In 6 years someone is going to look at it and say "who in the hell are Junior dos Santos and Tito Ortiz?"

#15 11 years ago

UFC Fans love balls.

#16 11 years ago

I love MMA, but I think it is a terrible idea. With the exception of Sonnen, most of the fighters lack a real character personality and come across as normal folks. While this is great for a sport that feels very accessible and real, it wouldn't work for a pinball.

And as pointed out, the theme would get dated pretty quick. The UFC rooster changes fairly often.

Cheers,
    Duane

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ufc-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.