(Topic ID: 63007)

U9 Sound Rom Error?

By jay

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Anyone ever seen this? All sounds work fine but the game (CFTBL) gives a Sound Board U9 RAM Error when booting up.

#3 10 years ago

Good question, I haven't even looked. I didn't think anything other then the ROM was socketed on a WPC pin from the factory though.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check those things out and report back. Unfortunately it'll be awhile--tore the game down for a full on shop job today.

11 months later
#8 9 years ago

Ok, so it's been ages but bumping this as the "problem" persists. I get two bongs at boot-up and a credit dot for U9 Sound Rom Error and nothing else. The game performs flawlessly throughout with no sound anomalies or issues and has done so since I picked it up a year ago. I feel like there's probably nothing wrong with the sound rom and something else is causing the game to generate the error. I've had games do all sorts of funny sound things before and not throw this error.

I've bought the proper tool to pull and re-seat the chip in the socket and that did nothing. I cleaned up the pins while I was in there and also went over the PCB looking for any troublesome solder joints on parts or connectors. There was a little bit of battery damage on the top side of this board but all the solder joints/traces show solid, low impedance continuity so I highly doubt there is a problem there. I feel like this must be something related to the sound rom circuit but not the rom itself.

#10 9 years ago

I haven't been able to find much of anything related to this searching but found this of interest. Perhaps it's related?

http://www.actionpinball.com/tech/tzsnderr.htm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 24.00
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
$ 9.95
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 27.95
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/u9-ram-error?tu=jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.