New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 259268)

U9 RAM Error on Fish Tales Sound Board

By smileymatthew

9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Pin_Guy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 months ago

I'm getting a couple of extra "Bongs" upon bootup. Should be noted that I swapped in a different Driver Board and now I'm getting this. Upon going into Diagnostics I'm getting the "U9 RAM Sound Board Error" Message. Game Plays, but sounds are all wacko.

First off, any chance this could be caused by the driver and 2nd, what is the proper replacement for this RAM? It's got a big ass williams stickers on it so I can't see it!

Many thanks for the help!

- Matt

#2 9 months ago

Hi Matt,

This can also been caused by the sound rom. You have to check that also.
Replacement RAM 6264-70ns

#3 9 months ago

This can’t be caused by the driver board.

6264 is correct.

If you decide to replace the part yourself, be careful. The traces and threw holes at that part are very delicate.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

#4 9 months ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

If you decide to replace the part yourself, be careful. The traces and threw holes at that part are very delicate.

I'm going to go one step further and recommend that if you aren't a professional board repair tech that you don't even attempt the repair.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hagerstown, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mesa, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside