• 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinbum
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

I m going to u2 tonight in sanDiego. I have never seen u2, and my fiancée Veronika has never even seen a concert. Ever. In America.

This should get off the charts. That's the way I need it now. Off the charts.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

It was a great show!

#3 6 years ago

U2 sucks

#4 6 years ago

That may be true...but I mean, at this point, does it even matter?

It's like when people say "the Beatles are overrated!" Who cares? It really doesn't matter. When you become as huge and universally revered as a group like U2, sucking or ranking is pretty much irrelevant.

And I saw the show a couple months ago! It ruled!

#5 6 years ago

No, it doesn't matter to me that they suck. Which they do.

#6 6 years ago

Great band. Our show was cancelled in St. Louis last Saturday because people can't behave.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

Great band. Our show was cancelled in St. Louis last Saturday because people can't behave.

They need a baseball team that sets a good example for how to behave and shows moral leadership plus a sense of right and wrong. Not those cheating Cardinals.

#8 6 years ago

I had heard about the cancellation. On another note I hope things are getting better over there.

#9 6 years ago

It was the last show of the Joshua tree tour I think.

I had never seen them. Before, although I have been a fan since boy.

They are so big they have to do 2hours of mandatory songs. I enjoyed the show and had a great handicapped seat on club level. Unobstructed view for wheelchairs only.

Far, but no obstructions and non possible. Nice.

Also cool to see them play a few favorites like bullet the blue sky.

#10 6 years ago

Bono was pretty positive in his monologues which I appreciate.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Bono was pretty positive in his monologues which I appreciate.

You mean, he didn't bash the president like every other leftist dbag? Refreshing to just be able to enjoy a concert sometimes, isn't it?

#12 6 years ago

Saw them here in Chicago. Had an absolute blasst

#13 6 years ago

One thing is for sure they seem to have taken ticket sales to the next level. There was atleast 50k there to see them I think. Maybe more. The Qualcomm seats a little over 70 but not for concerts. It can't be too much less. Ticket sales.

I guess if I made that kind of coin. I would play New Year's Day every day for the rest of my life.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

You mean, he didn't bash the president like every other leftist dbag? Refreshing to just be able to enjoy a concert sometimes, isn't it?

It's easy to enjoy concerts when you don't like the president.

Regardless, I walked out on U2's show in Minneapolis about 3 songs in because I really don't enjoy their music at all. I went for the opener, Beck.

#15 6 years ago

Great show in Indy

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

Tell us who were those D bags ? It a shame when 17% of the population act like whiners & cry babies and destroy other peoples good times.

#17 6 years ago

I had read they were concerned about security in st Louis. They stated that security was under normal standards. I thought it was a good idea to not perform in that case.

I think we all need to go into life daily with our eyes open now. It is a different world.

U2 was at the top of their game. I do prefer a smaller venue anytime.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Tell us who were those D bags ? It a shame when 17% of the population act like whiners & cry babies and destroy other peoples good times.

Police that kill people and aren't held to the same standards as citizens in our judicial system.

Some people miss a U2 show, some people end up dead. I'm curious who the real whiners are in this story.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Police that kill people and aren't held to the same standards as citizens in our judicial system.
Some people miss a U2 show, some people end up dead. I'm curious who the real whiners are in this story.

People end up dead because they put themselves in that situation, for instance selling Heroin can be deadly for the dealer, but most likely the user. I have no sympathy for scumbag drug dealers, hope they all go to hell.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Known bad guy. Drug dealer. In and out of jail. Sellng drugs to kids and other folks hurting and killing them. Running from the police. Can't comply. Guess what? STOP BREAKING THE LAW!!! Why don't you invite the family over for a BBQ?

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

You clearly havent been paying attention.... Even alt right racists are bashing the president now.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

No, it doesn't matter to me that they suck. Which they do.

Captain Culture speaks again.... ..

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

You clearly havent been paying attention.... Even alt right racists are bashing the president now.

Your name on your avatar speaks for its self lol, we won you lost.

#24 6 years ago

lol captain culture. Go drive your Subaru off a mountain. Trump2020

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

lol captain culture. Go drive your Subaru off a mountain. Trump2020

But please leave your Dog at home when you do, i like animals.

#26 6 years ago

Wow. You guys are tools.

Saw the show. It was great. Hope you and your fiancée loved the concert.

#27 6 years ago

lol that didn't take long.

And people say Bono is a douche?

#28 6 years ago

Just ignore people from Florida. Let them brag about their 80s mustangs. I'm gonna go cruise the coast with the top down in this beautiful weather. I have a theory that the hot and shitty weather and always being sticky rots the brain.

#29 6 years ago

HA, what is that a 6 banger you have? How much bondo did it take to get it straight. No bragging here, never have. Just glad i am on the East Coast, good luck with North Korea. Booooomm

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/u2-tonight-san-diego?hl=tungs10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.