(Topic ID: 49306)

U-Ship Has Anyone Here Had Any Experience Using?

By Doc

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MTPPC
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Looking to get a pin shipped via U Ship. Has anyone here had any dealings (good or bad) with them? The concept seems pretty simple. Reverse auction-style and the lowest bid wins. Problem is do you know anything about the actual shipper that you're getting. Any tips on this would certainly be appreciated!
    Doc

#2 10 years ago

If you've ever watched the TV show "Shipping Wars" You won't use them to ship anything.

#4 10 years ago

I used uShip to deliver a motorcycle to me as well as eventually ship it to someone else. It was a different carrier both times but both were professional with good communication. I viewed the agreement much like an eBay auction, I asked a ton of questions and worked to get as much background information as I could. While that didn't mean things would be flawless, I felt I had done all I could to ensure I made a good decision in who would get my business. I haven't used uShip for pinball machines but know others that have with mixed results.

By the way, you do not have to accept the lowest bid. You can also consider the Service Provider's time frame, feedback, and profile before accepting a bid. Good luck.

Brad

#5 10 years ago

I used them to ship a coin pusher. I had tried to use them to ship a pin about 6 months ago, but only got one half-hearted bid.
    The coin pusher experience was fair. The first guy that I gave the bid to gave all kinds of run-arounds and managed to no-show on the seller 4 times before I told him to take a hike. I tried to get my money back through u-ship (since I paid through them) and he disputed it...eventually I did get it back, and the second person I worked with was a lot better.
    Definitely no NAVL...and it's pure hit or miss. I wouldn't trust them with a multi-thousand dollar pin...the $400 coin pusher was about my max

#6 10 years ago

After watching the show I would not let them ship a bag of trash.

#7 10 years ago

Just make Sure Jarret does the shipping. That way you'll be getting monies off.

#8 10 years ago

I appreciate your opinion, but I believe it is contrary to just about every pinball person out there. NAVL has their horror stories and screw ups, but when they do screw up they actually pay on the insurance. Plus, I believe they have a higher success rate. They are the most expensive though.

Quoted from NJGecko:

Definitely no NAVL...and it's pure hit or miss. I wouldn't trust them with a multi-thousand dollar pin...the $400 coin pusher was about my max

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I appreciate your opinion, but I believe it is contrary to just about every pinball person out there. NAVL has their horror stories and screw ups, but when they do screw up they actually pay on the insurance. Plus, I believe they have a higher success rate. They are the most expensive though.

I think he meant that U-Ship was no NAVL -- as in, not as good as.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I'm not sure what you mean by "contrary to every pinball person?" I am saying NAVL is, in my opinion, better than u-ship. There are some horror stories about NAVL, but also plenty of good ones. They are good and if anything happens, they do make good with their insurance.

#11 10 years ago

I read your comment as U-Ship is better than NAVL

Quoted from NJGecko:

I'm not sure what you mean by "contrary to every pinball person?" I am saying NAVL is, in my opinion, better than u-ship.

I read that as definitely don't use NAVL becaue it's pure hit and miss

Quoted from NJGecko:

Definitely no NAVL...and it's pure hit or miss.

#12 10 years ago

Gotcha. Yea...NAVL is the go-to. U-ship won't get anything from me that I actually need to get delivered, insured, and worth more than a few hundred bucks!

#13 10 years ago

Thanks for all the responses. I used to use NAVL years ago..like back around 1995-2005. As others have stated, pure hit/miss with them. Now it just seems to be their pricing. 400.00 to ship from KY to CT just seems too high. C'mon, SOMEone out there in the tri-state area has to have an TAF for me for under 4800.00!
    Doc

#14 10 years ago

I used uship for a Hyperball machine. It was coming from a "remote location" so NAVL said they would ship it for $359 and charge an additional $250 to pick it up with a smaller truck. So it would have cost $600 to ship a game worth about $400. I went with Uship after reading the feedback of a shipper that had almost 50 positives and 1 negative feedbacks. Some shipping quotes that I got were as high as $1200. This guy said he would do it for just over $200. When the machine arrived it was extremely well protected, fastened securely in the truck and looked just as it did in the detailed photos that the seller sent me. The driver helped me get it into the house, up stairs, and into place. He was really cool and seemed like he was trying to make a name and a rep for himself with great service. He got a really big tip from me for great service. And he saved me a ton of cash. Maybe not all transactions will go like this, but I was beyond satisfied. Would I use uship again? Probably. The service I got was just as good if not better that what NAVL would have provided.
    I do have to add that I have had nothing but success using NAVL in the past. Its just that the last time it would have been way to expensive to use them.

#15 10 years ago

I used U Ship to ship an arcade game once. Overall very positive experience with a small shipping company. They had excellent communication, driver was nice and helpful.

I'm sure it can be very hit and miss, though. I would stick with NAVL for more expensive purchases.

#16 10 years ago

Definitely Not FedEx

#17 10 years ago

I had a pin shipped from Az. To Mn.great experience. Wait till the last couple of days to accept the bid. The same bidders lower their prices because they don't have a full load. They start high and end much lower.

1 week later
    #18 10 years ago

KY is pretty damn far away homie. $400 is cheap considering current fuel costs.

#19 10 years ago

i used freightwire for my last shipment (WPT) and it was perfect. about as cheap as u ship but seemed more reliable. this was the guy that helped me. really seemed to care and was helpful at both ends. it was only one time but i will definitely use him again. Matthew Torgersen
    Office: (877) 331-5123 (x112)
    Fax: (801) 936-0962
    Email: [email protected]
    Falo Português

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

After watching the show I would not let them ship a bag of trash.

I would only if the two hot chicks show up! and just shipping my trash!

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from yoshootme:

i used freightwire for my last shipment (WPT) and it was perfect. about as cheap as u ship but seemed more reliable. this was the guy that helped me. really seemed to care and was helpful at both ends. it was only one time but i will definitely use him again. Matthew Torgersen
    Office: (877) 331-5123 (x112)
    Fax: (801) 936-0962
    Email: [email protected]
    Falo Português

Cool..can you expand, location and price...thanks

#22 10 years ago

Don't be afraid to try rideshare on craigslist. I just got a guy to bring me a pin from 450 miles away for 1 c-note. I gave him a 10 dollar tip.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/u-ship-has-anyone-here-had-any-experience-using and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.